This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Houston St., New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, July 15, 2011

On the Street....Houston St., New York

Comments on "On the Street....Houston St., New York"

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (3:33 PM) : 

She looks kind of like Jessica Biel.

 

Blogger burke said ... (3:35 PM) : 

Love the photo!! I think she is so sexy, the pants are amazing!!

Xxx from Formentera!! :D

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (3:38 PM) : 

How simple and sleek this beautiful woman is!! Who can wear a loose t-shirt and pants and still look so stunning?!!!

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Beauty. Quiet beauty.

 

Anonymous Kirsten said ... (3:49 PM) : 

She makes me want to shave my head. What a chic and grown-up way to style what, for some, is a teenage rebellion hairstyle.

 

Blogger Milica said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Cute! Love her sunnies

www.modeuncover.com

 

Blogger Robert Duhon said ... (3:56 PM) : 

...that's style.
Robert

 

Blogger Miss Chloe said ... (3:59 PM) : 

ah, so naturally beautiful and refreshing. I love the sunglasses, if anyone could let me know who makes them!

simply stunning.

 

Blogger Laura Sherriffs said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Tres chic!

http://lapetiteplumes.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Bohemian Design said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Great shades and I really love the blingage!

theBohmerian.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

very cool

 

Anonymous Kaira said ... (4:37 PM) : 

She look so effortlessly stylish. I love the minimalistic accessories and her lack of earrings looks chic, not frumpy.

 

Blogger ash said ... (4:39 PM) : 

nice work!

 

Anonymous Marcela said ... (4:39 PM) : 

Oh my, so much style, and courage to shave her head like that.
I really like how her style complements the shaved head look. Very litle jewelry, the sun glasses, the pants even the bag, there is an androgyny to the look but I find it much more interesting than that.
Congratulations on this pic, this one truly is great.

 

Blogger leFiligree said ... (4:50 PM) : 

i love a look that's all about accessories

 

Anonymous Petra said ... (4:51 PM) : 

this woman looks amazing..... thought instantly about shaving my head as well.... wow
i love her style

www.sax-s.com

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (5:01 PM) : 

understated beauty! http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2011/07/caring-bridge-for-baby-ariella.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

I would love to see visually-interesting women that are office-appropriate as well. I always find that a challenge: how to be stylish within a business paradigm.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:19 PM) : 

As uncontrollably frizzy as my hair is down here in costal SC, her choice of hairstyle looks divine! Love this look from the waist up, the pants look a bit too droopy rather than just loose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

when u see a guy with a shaved head it looks cool either hidding baldness of just a style When u see a women with a shaved head many things come to mind.....

 

Blogger franca maisha said ... (5:37 PM) : 

oh my, she is so beautiful! great shot :)

xx

 

Anonymous mon sac by me said ... (5:43 PM) : 

Peaceful beauty !!

http://monsacbyme.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:55 PM) : 

awsome hair

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Awesome picture.

windowshopz.com

 

Blogger BeFi said ... (6:09 PM) : 

ooo gorgeous !!!

 

Anonymous Betsy said ... (6:16 PM) : 

love the pants

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

The comment "all about accessories" not it's all about no HAIR

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Her strength and confidence comes out through her understated yet powerful style. She's stunning!

 

Blogger Marcel Da Chump said ... (7:01 PM) : 

A Buddhist calm about him.

A positive vibe.

 

Anonymous Lauren said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Very cool look. I think I have the same t-shirt and jacket, just need some pinstriped trousers... Love her shaved head too, but I don't think I'll try it!

The Styleseer
http://styleseer.blogpsot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

She's striking, has a bit of Montréal flair about her.
I'm not big on frills, heels and make-up so I find her s-c-o-r-c-h-i-n-g hot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

wow. damn sexy.

 

Blogger André said ... (8:46 PM) : 

She looks great!

 

Anonymous Maria said ... (8:50 PM) : 

I don´t no why, but I really love her look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

Can anyone identify the purse?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Understated COOL!

 

Blogger guto said ... (10:43 PM) : 

her style is amazing but i must confess: i'm not a big fan of androgyny. despite any sexual orientation, there's nothing more beautiful than a feminine woman or a masculine guy. it' soo old fashion i know...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

Is she Buddhist?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

And Im willing to bet she is not wearing ankle breaking shoes. Great look.

 

Blogger Mrs. L said ... (1:18 AM) : 

Gorgeous woman.

 

Anonymous lucia said ... (1:30 AM) : 

She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Stunning, and I love the minimalistic look. No earrings, no hair, she is just PERFECT!

 

Blogger Bella said ... (1:41 AM) : 

It's the vibe her posture gives off that caught my eye. I love her effortless chic, I think she could be wearing a gunny sack and still startle the viewer. Great pic!

 

Blogger Eva said ... (2:01 AM) : 

Love this look! It has so much personality :D I especially love her pants, and the duct tape on that light pole just makes this photo even more awesome :D

xoxo Eva @ TheLaceFiles.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 AM) : 

nice back

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:49 AM) : 

The way she pulls this look off is truly amazing. If I wore the exact same outfit I would probably just end up looking like a slob, whereas she ends up looking chic.
Love her.

Love,
Deer. Lady

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:25 AM) : 

She looks amazing even though the outfit is so simple! Those sunnies are gorgeous!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous tallulah said ... (3:56 AM) : 

A beautiful sense of 'containment' whilst being incredibly sexy. I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 AM) : 

When minimalism works, it really, REALLY works.

Wow.

 

Blogger Maryam said ... (4:18 AM) : 

LOVE it!!!

Thanks for sharing, Maryam

http://athomewithmaryam.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 AM) : 

lesbians dress great, I think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 AM) : 

would love to see more like this. she's got her own style and doesn't look like everyone else. love it!

 

Blogger bluessence said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Wow, she's gorgeous! The haircut, the sports coat, the pants with the bag... Not everyone can pull this off looking this cool and sexy...

 

Anonymous Alexandra Samarina said ... (5:38 AM) : 

Just beautiful!pure!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 AM) : 

Less is more.

 

Anonymous Soft Skeleton said ... (7:03 AM) : 

@Little Miss, The sunglasses are by tom ford. I have that pair in black!

 

Anonymous antique engagement rings said ... (7:10 AM) : 

I love her buzz look !

 

Blogger Liza said ... (7:23 AM) : 

Thank you.

 

Blogger Italian Vogue Rocks! said ... (7:47 AM) : 

I LOVE her carefree style. It's like she doesn't care but she still looks amazing. And she's got a beautiful face behind the glass.

 

Blogger Cristiana Nunes said ... (8:39 AM) : 

So casuak and stylish. Love the sunnies!

 

Blogger Kerold och Carolinas reflektioner said ... (9:32 AM) : 

I must say very cool sunglasses..

 

Blogger amy said ... (9:51 AM) : 

wow! sexy.

 

Blogger Highheels and Nothingtowear said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Cool look! Tough!:) XO Dianne

www.highheels-nothingtowear.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous jim said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Very nice blog share..Pacquiao vs Marquez 3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I am straight but she is so sexy, I may just turn. She's not interested in dressing to impress. That's cool to me.

 

Blogger Damien Belliveau said ... (12:53 PM) : 

amber rose. kanye's ex.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

A beautiful mix between formal (the pants) and casual (the top).

 

Anonymous thestyleexpress.com said ... (1:04 PM) : 

I agree, it does look shaved, but just possibly may be growing back in as mine is from chemo. I told someone that mine is at the stage where people wonder, "is that on purpose or has she been sick"? Anyway I don't like the pants but do like the clean look.

 

Blogger My Unfinished Life said ... (1:07 PM) : 

except the shaven head, she totally my kinda style @work...relaxed yet very classy!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Her look is so strong that I did not even notice her shaved head.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Does anybody ever say anything negative about anything on these boards?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

I think the shaved head is key to this style. Someone else said they would not look so great in this outfit so I imagined myself in it. My hair would ruin it. Love the entire look, including the pants. She is just too fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

Does she look a little bit like garance? I have total face blindness when there are sunglasses involved.

 

Anonymous Monique said ... (10:19 AM) : 

So sharp she is.. The bag is Jack Spade.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Anonymous, 5.02am: "lesbians dress great, I think"

Why do you presume to know what her sexual orientation is?

Granted, the way people look gives us clues, but it's not that simple. I shaved my head because of alopecia areata. It would be wonderful if people would not draw facile conclusions from that.

 

Blogger Bojan said ... (4:36 PM) : 

wow! she is gorgeous! wonderful and very, very cool!

the-stylish-citizen.com

 

Blogger Jessica Young said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Gorgeous. Love the look and the haircut. Nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 AM) : 

I agree...what indicates that she is a lesbian?! Or that she is ill? She looks fabulous no matter who she is.

 

Blogger stephanielaurenlutz said ... (7:50 AM) : 

she can definitely pull off the hair. just enough femininity to look awesome.

 

Anonymous berkshire mems said ... (10:00 AM) : 

She's stunning. And I love that she has a normal (ie not too skinny) body. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

she remember Natalie Portman in Vendetta. Even with short hair she is feminine

 

Anonymous Seb said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Very androgynous, hot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I just lost 75% of my hair in the last 3 weeks... and I am afraid of what is happening to me... Seeing this photo makes me less fearful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

to Anonymous 6:38--yes, people do make negative comments (cf the discussion of the guy wearing cargo shorts with a sport coat). But it seems that Mr. Sart is very thoughtful in deciding what types of critical comments will actually be posted. You'll note that comments that critique the clothes/looks per se or that reflect a reader's personal reaction to a look often pass muster. Also, when Mr.S. specifically invites discussion of whether a look works or not, or when the person under discussion is a controversial or very public style figure, the discussion is often quite varied and spirited.

However, published comments are almost never ad hominem critiques of the people in the photos themselves, and they're usually not mean-spirited or snarky. I've had a few comments go unposted, and they were generally of the somewhat snarky sort.

So it seems that Mr. S is attempting to keep this comment board civil and collegial--a reasoned discussion of style. He is also, in many cases, putting ordinary people into the public eye and providing a forum for them to be scrutinized & critiqued; therefore, he seems to be trying to protect his subjects from bitchiness and the online version of slam-booking.

I don't always agree with his choices. For example, I think he's sheltering a few people who could use reality checks about their looks *coughannadellorussocough*. But in an era that's spawned the online disinhibition effect and its attendant nastinesses, I appreciate the spirit he's working in and the fact that he's created a forum that I feel comfortable participating in.

 

Blogger Pam said ... (4:36 PM) : 

I love this, simple yet mesmerizing. I especially love her hair. I think it interesting the people wonder if she's Buddhist, recovering from being sick, or is a Lesbian. It might just be she simply likes the hair style. I think it looks fabulous on her. I myself wore very short hair for years, and only chose to grow it out because I was bored.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 PM) : 

yummy

 

Blogger Stella said ... (6:33 AM) : 

Wow, I'm in love.
(Off to shave my head). x

 

Anonymous antique wedding rings said ... (6:45 AM) : 

I love her way of being.. free.. and independent!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Valextra shopper ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Every woman's hairstyle tells a story about her present life. A woman with a shaved head is extremely mysterious. Perhaps this woman is beginning a new life. I wonder about the life she is leaving.

 

Blogger ayesha said ... (11:52 AM) : 

looking impressive ...nice style and looks she has got.
World Top Tenz

 

Blogger Yuanzheng said ... (8:22 AM) : 

that's beth and she's even more beautiful in person :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

HOT HOT HOT...Are you single?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting