This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Wooster St., Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On the Street....Wooster St., Soho

Comments on "On the Street....Wooster St., Soho"

 

Blogger Henri said ... (7:48 AM) : 

I love the contrast between the floral print and the military boots, also great lighting in this shot. Well spotted!

http://henrineuendorf.com/

 

Blogger Eun Gi said ... (7:49 AM) : 

Interesting choice of outfit..I don't noemally wear prints but this makes me want to buy one. If she put on heels or something, this outfit might have been really different.


Hhttp://truelovewayblog.blogspot.com

 

Blogger anja said ... (8:01 AM) : 

lovin' this look!

http://syden-fashion.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Hal E. Liebling said ... (8:02 AM) : 

Love the mixed prints! Gorgeous.

HALCOHOLIC.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:02 AM) : 

Ohhh I have started to get into clashing patterns. It's pretty hard core thought when they are in the same colour palette like this lady....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

pretty knees

 

Blogger Kaleido Mind said ... (8:09 AM) : 

love the edgy floral look!

 

Blogger menina raposa said ... (8:09 AM) : 

oh god its perfect! i adore it

 

Anonymous Christina Sunbeam said ... (8:18 AM) : 

I <3 NY Style!!!
So unfair you have sunshine and sunlight makes everything look great.

 

Anonymous Jack said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Hmmm... not sure about this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

I think the shirt/dress combo is a bit too busy for my taste. Like the juxtaposition of the boots with the short summer dress though.

As much as I like the ladies Sart, when you gonna hook us up with more men to look at? I need some of that Sartorial inspiration...

 

Blogger M said ... (8:26 AM) : 

Floral and plaid.....I like!!! The boots are making it even better!!!

http://spottedbym.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:28 AM) : 

such great match!! so nice that summer is coming and fashion becomes even more joyful and coloful!

 

Blogger I V Y said ... (8:28 AM) : 

pretty clashing pattens! <3

 

Blogger johnsiesta said ... (8:32 AM) : 

.....Nice Plaid/Check pattern & Floral Print combination of the same color palette

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (8:32 AM) : 

Fantastic mix of colours and patterns. Thanks for the inspiration!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Francesca Robertson said ... (8:34 AM) : 

love the mix of patterns!

xoxo,
F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!

 

Blogger Daniel Bauman said ... (8:34 AM) : 

90's

 

Anonymous Frank said ... (8:36 AM) : 

the look is cool, the legs though..I'm sorry..not doing it for me..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 AM) : 

Nice mix of colour but i don´t like the boots with it. All in all too much Grunge and 90ies...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Love the shot, adore the combination of check and flowers.Yeah, yeah. keep them coming.
sacramento

Andalucía- Spain
Hay alguien ahí??????

 

Blogger Blanca said ... (8:46 AM) : 

Great photo, love her outfit.

xxx

www.artcrashblog.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The MadHatter said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Love all the patterns:) The dress, shirt and even her camo boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

I like this look! So effortless yet so fashionable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

love the colors and pattern combination, her necklace, her boots,and the naturalness of her hair and face. She is so beautiful. Short is pretty, and I like bare legs but this is too much. The balance seems wonky. In the end, it matters little. She can rock whatever she wants.

 

Blogger CW said ... (8:57 AM) : 

This pretty woman has unused potential - which means that there's lots not to like about her look. Where do I start?

The BOOTS! Nothing says springtime in NYC like a pair of jungle camouflage boots on a minidressed woman. Now it was cold in NYC yesterday (and you can tell by the purply skin around her knees), but if you are wearing boots to keep your feet warm while wearing nothing else until mid-thigh, you've dressed stupidly for your day.

Now, assuming that NYC was warm rather than in the 40s and 50s, her look says "The flannel shirt and uncoiffed hair say I'm tough; floral minidress says I'm feminine." Maybe the boots are part of the statement, but I still do not think it goes together well. Certainly "tough" and "Frappucino" certainly aren't often found together.

Lastly, this woman really needs a handbag. She has a keyring looped around a finger on her left hand. She has an earpiece to her iPod, her iPod and papers clutched in her right hand.

 

Blogger Christinnnna said ... (8:57 AM) : 

wow so fashionable! x

 

Blogger NobodyKnowsMarc said ... (9:00 AM) : 

she looks great..!

http://nobodyknowsmarc.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Signe said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Ah, these pictures, these pictures. I'm still wearing mittens!
(Sweden)

 

Blogger Sepi said ... (9:05 AM) : 

So nice! I wish that I dared to mix diffrent patterns like that

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:06 AM) : 

One more version of the tried-and-true doll dress + military boots. It works, especially with her lovely legs. Been done before, will be done again. I think they key thing here is the juxtaposition of the plaid over the floral of the dress, it works perfectly here. I also love how the dress is a couple of inches lower than the shirt, and so even if you see her from behind you get an idea of the outfit. Lastly, I like that she looks so effortless. Great pic! Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous StitchnStudio said ... (9:06 AM) : 

I love this look. Not over done but really cute.

 

Blogger shark mombassa said ... (9:10 AM) : 

ditsy flowers and lumberjack red/blue checks - feminine and masculine - pretty woman and macho boots - its a great look on her....

 

Anonymous Rose D. said ... (9:14 AM) : 

She is fierce!!

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (9:20 AM) : 

Not sure, very Grunge. I love the dress, looks a lot like one the Gap has this season. Don't like the boots, too busy. A boot like this goes with the outfit, but would have looked much nicer and more professional, is she's heading for work, in a saddle brown. The plaid shirt really takes this look over the top, not too sure I like it. The young lady is lovely.

 

Blogger SarahPeslar said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Super cute! Awsome shot, just love the colors.



www.fashionsmind.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Into the Fashion said ... (9:31 AM) : 

...and again a proposal for how to wear tartan in summer: ...by mixing it with other patterns.....beautiful!

Diana
www.intothefashion.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Liking the mix of patterns... but with so much going on, I would have preferred a simple sandal! Especially since the weather seems so gorg....


thoughts??

glamalert.com/glambassador

xo

 

Blogger misslikey said ... (9:41 AM) : 

wow for how chic and nonchalant she is. and wow for plaids on florals

 

Anonymous Allie said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Her mixed pattern combination works! It takes a special style to pull that off in the real world.

 

Blogger agnes szucs said ... (9:44 AM) : 

i like the pattern clash. and it's good that they're kept in the same color range.
:)
szucs

 

Blogger Myrthe H said ... (9:46 AM) : 

I like your blog, it really gives me lots of inspiration.
I see many photos of people mixing clothes, which I normally wouldn't wear together, but it all looks so good.
You really see what style is, I like that.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Love how perfectly the patterns/prints blend due to similar colors used. x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Alexander L said ... (9:53 AM) : 

This shoe is cute!

 

Blogger IsMyBloggyTooBloggyliciousForYa said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Oh I really love the clashing checks and floral. The boots toughen it up nicely. Also her ultra-serious expression offers a wonderful contrast to the girly prettiness of the floral tea dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Loved the patterns and the fact that she doesn't have a girlish expression! Makes it even better!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

the attitude, the boots, mixed pattern, her eyes, her hair, no make up... all looking good.

is soho your favorite spot ? how about upper west side ?

 

Blogger Bianca said ... (10:30 AM) : 

great find! love her!


http://crumpetsandt.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

i love print mixing, but it is an art i have not mastered whatsoever. there must be a learning annex class for this sort of thing, right?

http://champagnetastewithabeerbudget.wordpress.com/

 

Anonymous AJB said ... (10:35 AM) : 

hmmmm biker boots, floral dress, lumberjack shirt. Maybe this is new for New York but these trends are getting boring in the UK. We've seen WAAAAY to much of them!

 

Anonymous style said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Looks great, bit short for my liking though.

 

Anonymous Francesca said ... (10:48 AM) : 

What a character! I could never pull that one off. That's a tough lady.
The unstyled hair, the nonchalance of the prints and color families- and then the boots! This outfit would not have worked with either heels or an updo. This is style- truly and well represented.
Awesome.

 

Blogger Aimée said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Oh, sunny New York, miss you!It's like the outfit flowers+combat boots: spring in the city.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Rough walk of shame - she lost her pants, bag and shoes, but was able to borrow her guy's shirt and boots.

 

Blogger doingtheunstuck said ... (11:32 AM) : 

gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Steph said ... (11:36 AM) : 

she pulls off the contrasting patterns/styles well. not sure i could ever pull it off, but it looks great on her

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Cute/tough. Plaid/flowers. Great modern grunge girl. Where can I find me some *ucked up boots like that, or do I have to get a life and *uck 'em up myself, for real?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Of course she is effortless....this lady has just thrown on a comfy outfit and nipped out to the shop...hence the lack of bag. That said WOW i love the outfit-wished i looked that good when i go quickly to my local shop. Or maybe its all an illusion; in that she wants people to think this is an unplanned, effortless outfit and that I have just fallen for it!!

 

Blogger Ela Marin said ... (12:07 PM) : 

I genuinely really adore clashing patterns, but I'm not sure about this one, either... Actually, I just really do not like it! Perhaps I feel like she tried too hard?

 

Blogger Álvaro said ... (12:31 PM) : 

great mix!


:)

 

Blogger Natalia said ... (12:31 PM) : 

the dress is nice, it suits her...but the shoes are awful.

The (im)Perfect Harmony

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I love this, feminine and masculine all mixed up. She's beautiful but looks like she could kick my ass, and could care less what anyone thinks of her or her outfit

 

Anonymous poemsandbones said ... (12:53 PM) : 

amazing sense of style,love the military boots with he floral prints,love the hair too..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Straight outta 1992!!

 

Blogger SCW said ... (1:39 PM) : 

love the clashing prints!

http://themintstint.blogspot.com

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (1:49 PM) : 

The return of Seattle 90's grunge! Is it retro already? I went through that era. Now I'm feeling old...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

OOHH MY GOD!!! I LOVE THE PRINT COMBINATION!!!

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (3:11 PM) : 

Oooh lovely print mixing! Totally works.

-Kelly
Sequins & Shadows

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

oh, the 90s were so much fun!

 

Blogger cherry arceo said ... (3:39 PM) : 

FIERCE! I like the photograph?-sure-i-don't-mind look on her face. and lovely contrast of prints add those combat shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

I like the thought that went into this, the mix of patterns with the shirt and mini-dress. But... the boots are awful and I wish she had a purse or bag. All that stuff in her hands. I love the look on her face though, she is fierce.

 

Blogger CW said ... (3:42 PM) : 

At some future time, there will be a child who will look at this photo and say "Mom, the kids are right. You really did wear army boots."

 

Blogger The Boot said ... (3:49 PM) : 

damn, that girl is sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I'm not the most enormous fan of the boots (although I do love the contrast with the pretty dress), but I love this dress and shirt combination! Tres hip

Miss B xx

http://agirlastyle.wordpress.com/

 

Blogger Vio said ... (5:51 PM) : 

I love meltings like this : flowers and big boots, perfect match!

Violaine
http://www.2girlstonight.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Beautiful photograph but I'm not really digging this look. I feel like if I saw her on the street I would think she looks like a mess.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

something about her pose and scowl is amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Her hair, the gold medallion and her lovely eyes are so very sexy.

Elaine

 

Anonymous Stacey said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Love the pic. I think she's wearing her prints, and not vice versa. She has attitude.

 

Anonymous jaime y joel said ... (8:25 PM) : 

I like how she combine her femmenine and masculine sides

 

Anonymous Doncella said ... (8:39 PM) : 

OK it looks like she borrowed her man's shirt and boots to put over her but it definitely takes away the femininity of the dress and gives her more of a attitude and BADASS look. I love how her hair looks a bit messy since it matches her outfit & the persona she expresses. What catches my eye is what i think is a Gold Round Necklace, on top of the dress, & the attitude in her face.

 

Blogger Mark Harris said ... (9:53 PM) : 

I don't think many could pull this off but she does.

 

Anonymous elizabeth said ... (10:22 PM) : 

This is neo-grunge done so well and so naturally! She totally embodies the look with her unkempt hair, her steady gaze, her stance - even the way she's holding her drink! I love the reds that are in her plaid shirt as well as her floral dress. Brrravo madam!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Too many trends in one look. It's like an Urban Outfitters window.

 

Anonymous Butch said ... (12:31 AM) : 

Love the look, the contrast between the feminine floral dress and rough look boots will really catch attention.
Kind of gives the impression of "I am all girl but ready to go into a man's world".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 AM) : 

Yea! Neogrunge! Didn't fully appreciate grunge in its day, since it came in just after my undergrad years and I was feeling grumpy about those darn whippersnappers who smelled like teen spirit, but since I do love strong, unfussy looks it'll be nice to see it revived, I think.

And why do people wish she had a bag? It's so much cooler not to carry one.

 

Blogger Sara Lee Bentley said ... (4:26 AM) : 

I love the casualness of this outfit -- looks like she just threw all this on and just happened to look brilliant!

www.sarabbentley.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Cultivated Ah Lian said ... (5:36 AM) : 

lady looks like a tramp.

 

Anonymous Anton said ... (7:09 AM) : 

The grungey floral dress & military boots thing seems to be EVERYWHERE, but this girl wears it like she started the trend!
Like others have said, I think it works so well because of the bright colour clash, natural beauty and attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 AM) : 

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Jiwan looks awesome! She's always had great style.

 

Blogger teresweetstyle said ... (9:46 AM) : 

i love your blog.

 

Blogger Thomas Modeen said ... (10:21 AM) : 

She's so Grunge... East Village circa 1992...

 

Anonymous Kar said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Someone's having an Ungaro kind of day.

It takes a lot of flair to pull of something like that. I'd look like I got dressed in the dark.

 

Blogger anthony said ... (1:38 PM) : 

No, no, no. Agree with CW. It's anhedonistic. Shirt and boots sans dress could work.(Okay, a slightly longer shirt). The dress is too pretty for her awkward and challenging pose. I'd suggest she draws her hair back. I have no idea how to show off such a magnificent body but I'd start at the shoes and the pose.

 

Blogger Norma said ... (3:39 PM) : 

I do like the contrasting patterns, but she looks like she lost her pants somewhere. Truly, that looks like a tunic that she's wearing as a dress for attention.

 

Blogger christie said ... (4:28 PM) : 

love the way she's holding her coffee.. so much attitude.

 

Blogger thwany said ... (4:36 PM) : 

love her outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Major 90's revival! Ithink I'm bummed I got rid of all my rayon floral dresses and skirts from 1994; I never imagined in my wildest dreams that they would come back in style! Still have the boots though, and the essential chunky Fluevog shoes. I'm tempted to go thrifting for more of those dresses, just like I did 15 years ago. What's weird is that they're a dime a dozen, but one gets so choosy over which floral pattern is just right. She picked a good one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

This look was very prevalent in the early 1990s. Nothing new now.

 

Blogger erinbrooks said ... (7:38 AM) : 

I love that she doesn't have a bag, she looks so free! I feel like people get so caught up in bags (myself included) that we get weighed down by them and whether they match or clash with the outfit we're wearing... she looks like she just went out for a stroll because she had the morning off or something.
She looks like she has a story, and you're interrupting something awesome in her day.
I love this photo, she looks like such an independent and interesting person.

 

Anonymous Middleseason said ... (7:59 AM) : 

Great shot. I love the colors and the light! finally spring comes

 

Blogger simplychic said ... (9:51 PM) : 

great use of prints!

 

Anonymous John Wesley said ... (5:24 AM) : 

Great choices of pattern-on-pattern. Coordinated; but not coordinated. I love contradictions!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 AM) : 

This one gets my vote as all American girl.

 

Blogger Diogo Torres said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Love the boots and the dress.
Hate the shirt.


http://fabulouslifeofdiogotorres.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Paper Stars said ... (7:12 PM) : 

so grunge, down to her attitude :)
I love this look

 

Anonymous Tailleur d'Images said ... (7:23 AM) : 

Arghh, this is my main subject of regret : it's so difficult to find a beautifull print ! There's always something wrong, the color, the pattern, when it's not both of them that are uggly !
She's lucky, the one she found is a beautiful one !

 

Anonymous Andreza Magalhães said ... (9:15 AM) : 

I really like the boots and mixed prints.
and I really like your photos and sensibility
brazilian kisses
bye bye

 

Anonymous Asterix said ... (4:41 PM) : 

Interesting mix of patterns. Cute girl too.

 

Blogger joanaddicted said ... (4:57 PM) : 

she just rules. the way she is holding the coffee.. shows great confidence.. and what about the florals matched with checkered shirt?? divine!

 

Blogger Caroline Mason said ... (6:37 PM) : 

amazing, floral and plaid. what a crazy idea!
ahaha i love it.

 

Blogger Alexandra Williams said ... (3:50 AM) : 

I love the way she's holding her coffee and keys. What person would think to do that?

 

Anonymous Marisa said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Inspiring outfit. now I know how to wear those little flowerish summer dresses without looking like you need a men to help you repairing your bike...
love this!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I always like to look at the items in their hands- it tells(almost) as much about them as what they're wearing...

 

Anonymous PLCPDX said ... (11:52 PM) : 

It makes you wonder, how much thought went into this...

I kind of want to think happy accident. It's stunning though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I love both the shirt and dress, but not together. However, she pulls it off. Although, I haven't really appreciated the outfit because I am too distracted by her left knee.

 

Blogger l'homme run said ... (7:51 PM) : 

I love this outift! The colors are so beautiful together. It's very trailer-chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

great picture, pose, background, lighting, boots, even the shirt could work, but the dress is HIDEOUS

 

Anonymous hyerin.j said ... (2:12 AM) : 

ins't her left knee looks a little strange ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

two early 90s trends mismatched well.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting