This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....The Switch, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On the Street....The Switch, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....The Switch, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

I believe the rip reads approachable.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (7:49 PM) : 

How cute, I do this with my best friend sometimes. =)

http://mushitushi.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Lilisfashion said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Been there, its just pretty painful being a woman sometimes...

 

Blogger Del said ... (8:00 PM) : 

Hotties! This reminds me of gossip girl, but in a much better way.

 

Blogger capriciousButterfly said ... (8:04 PM) : 

I love the rip. Beautiful photo.

 

Blogger Sharon Lei said ... (8:09 PM) : 

This was something I would always do in grade school with a classmate... I'd come home and my mom would be like "Where are your shoes Sharon!!!"... fun times. I wish I could do this now... but most of my girlfriends either have bigger or smaller feet than me..

 

Anonymous Gene Wicker Jr said ... (8:13 PM) : 

I find this charming for reasons unknown.

 

Blogger Blair said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Amazing heels, totally understand they are changing them...
xx

 

Anonymous YYZ said ... (8:15 PM) : 

Thank god for a girlfriend who is willing to switch shoes with you when the situation demands it!

Great capture!

 

Anonymous Sukhpreet said ... (8:19 PM) : 

This is such a great and unique shot: fashion issues in action!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (8:20 PM) : 

always fun to switch up shoes! very creative photo.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

i LOVE this photo.
Scott, you really are a pro at capturing exactly the right, beautiful moment that is able to speak to us all.
this is beyond fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Are they kiddin'?

 

Blogger Chelsea said ... (8:33 PM) : 

what a cute moment to capture

www.thefashiondirectories.blogspot.com
...from street style to couture and everything in between

xx

 

Blogger BlumeBloom said ... (8:34 PM) : 

So I always think that I have a favorite. And then you post this picture. Love it! Beyond words!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:34 PM) : 

beyond sensational.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:46 PM) : 

Le dechiré est impardonable!

 

Blogger Ashley Reese said ... (8:47 PM) : 

simplistic but it tells a common story, which is cool. I also like how it is cropped.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 PM) : 

cute photo. =]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Love this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 PM) : 

Nothing better than a woman's hosed feet!!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (8:50 PM) : 

This is the most original picture of your whole blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

Unrefined

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 PM) : 

I love that each pair of shoes are kind of beat up and dusty and that there's a run in her stockings.

www.previouslyinaudible.wordpress.com

 

Blogger Annie said ... (9:18 PM) : 

This is so sweet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Great photo, Scott! I love this...it's so real.

- http://21Arrondissement.com

 

Blogger Mark said ... (9:37 PM) : 

Love the perspective. Would love to see this in black and white.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

Too bad the one on the left is married. Or is that engaged? ...

 

Blogger Style Realist said ... (9:42 PM) : 

the rip adds character

http://thestylerealist.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous freakybohochic said ... (10:01 PM) : 

I looove this picture ! So real, it's like sometimes me and my best friend change shoes or just remove and walk without anything just tight... ;)

 

Blogger ANIK said ... (10:01 PM) : 

nice, i like this image!

www.montrealinstyle.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Sometimes i do this! Perfect shoot, man! So lovely pictures! & very nice shoes.

 

Blogger fig said ... (10:07 PM) : 

Half a picture tells a whole story, fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

It's human and real and I love it.

 

Blogger fig said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Half a picture tells a whole story, fabulous.

 

Blogger Lou said ... (10:17 PM) : 

:)
i can definitely relate to this.

 

Blogger J Dart said ... (10:21 PM) : 

Love the rip in the stocking. Perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 PM) : 

Models changing shoes, too true.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:23 PM) : 

approachable, indeed. aren't rips in stockings the latest thing?

 

Blogger New Found Lust said ... (10:25 PM) : 

The rip is the best asset of the ensemble.

 

Blogger jack bespoke said ... (10:30 PM) : 

shoes look pretty similar on the spectrum of "ouch these hurt" why switch?

bespok.com

 

Anonymous Cecylia said ... (10:51 PM) : 

Great shot Scott. You hardly ever take photos of just people's feet/shoes =P

 

Blogger Peanut Leigh said ... (10:52 PM) : 

this photo is perfection!

www.maisondepeanutleigh.com
{uninhibited fashion}

 

Blogger Joshua Logan said ... (11:10 PM) : 

I wanna see two men doing this.

 

Anonymous befashionlike said ... (11:11 PM) : 

YEAH PARIS , my town!
a other great pic !!

Jo

wwww.befashionlike.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:20 PM) : 

looks like me and my girlfriends at 3 am. loving the spider legs!

http://imnotborninjune.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Zarna said ... (11:20 PM) : 

i love this!

what a great photo.


-zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Fashion Photographer said ... (11:23 PM) : 

Beautiful!

 

Blogger Cookie Cutter said ... (11:29 PM) : 

I've done that too! Sigh, the things we do to our feet for the sake of beauty :p

 

Blogger Amber Strehle said ... (11:44 PM) : 

Oh this is pretty fabulous

 

Blogger Mom Fashion World said ... (11:47 PM) : 

wow, killer shoes plus the ripped stockings!
i love it!

 

Blogger HELI said ... (12:06 AM) : 

i love this photo raw and beautiful

http://lacouquettemademoiselle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 AM) : 

this is an unattractive photo

 

Blogger H said ... (12:13 AM) : 

Sart, you are LOVE!! <3

 

Blogger Bouge Boy said ... (12:17 AM) : 

Awesome shot, I love how the faces are obscured. Agreed that the hose run adds to the scene. Cheers!

 

Anonymous curlyseas said ... (12:22 AM) : 

love the story behind this!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:26 AM) : 

love the cropping scott

 

Blogger Jen O said ... (12:32 AM) : 

kinda wonder which shoe hurt the most...

 

Blogger Heathcliffs Package said ... (12:33 AM) : 

LUSH!

 

Blogger its for your own good said ... (12:45 AM) : 

love this shot. like many of yours, it tells a story without any words.
the rip in the stocking. what was the decision to be made when switching shoes. love this.

 

Anonymous ed hardy said ... (12:47 AM) : 

Awesome. I love this, your article so interesting. Thank you for sharing.

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (12:50 AM) : 

There's something so sexy about this!

 

Blogger StuddedLilly said ... (1:00 AM) : 

this is as real as fashion gets :) lovely.

 

Anonymous Well Done said ... (1:22 AM) : 

ladies take care of your feet.

 

Anonymous Sera said ... (1:25 AM) : 

Typical girl thing. I love your pictures! They're great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 AM) : 

J'adore les mains + les pieds, quelle belle alliance, c'est parfait.

 

Blogger uhuhuhjn said ... (1:57 AM) : 

haha this is classy

 

Blogger Paige said ... (2:00 AM) : 

charming

 

Anonymous Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker said ... (2:17 AM) : 

Great caption!


http://london-copenhagen.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger elsie said ... (2:46 AM) : 

I can just hear each of their little "sighs of relief" when their feet catch a little break just from walking around in a DIFFERENT high heel - if you've never experienced it, it make no sense. If you have, well then, you KNOW!!

 

Blogger Jenna said ... (2:47 AM) : 

Hahah, fabulash. I really love this one.

 

Anonymous lilytwo said ... (3:08 AM) : 

charming :)

 

Blogger Miss Head Over Heels said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Both heels are sexy!!!

http://missheadoverheels.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 AM) : 

I wish the weather was so warm!
I've been in boots and anoracks for so long now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 AM) : 

Legs. Love'em

www.openzedoor.blogspot.com

 

Blogger vintage peony said ... (3:19 AM) : 

lovely shoes!!

 

Blogger Stjarna said ... (3:51 AM) : 

Calze smagliate!! new trend!

 

Blogger Jaybureaucrazy said ... (4:49 AM) : 

What a fantastic moment, frozen in time...

 

Blogger Jane said ... (4:54 AM) : 

excellent photo!

 

Blogger Maria Ana said ... (5:22 AM) : 

Oh...I just wish I had a girlfriend with the same feet size...*sigh*

Love the lighting Sartorialist :)

www.thebeautylover.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous ed hardy said ... (5:42 AM) : 

Awesome. I love this, your article so interesting. Thank you for sharing.

 

Blogger Connie said ... (6:06 AM) : 

Fantastic photo!

www.theheartbreakinc.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Emily said ... (6:50 AM) : 

i love this photo - very funny!
xx
neutraltuesday.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Mademoiselle C. said ... (7:13 AM) : 

I love that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 AM) : 

Cette photo a un je-ne-sais-quoi de romantique, elle me touche...
Merci...

 

Blogger Gon said ... (7:20 AM) : 

Love it, so cute !

www.dimogonda.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 AM) : 

absolutely fabulous moment! Love it!

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (7:43 AM) : 

I wear yours , you wear mine! Great shoot!

 

Blogger Cindy at LottieBird said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Great idea. When wearing heels, I will be sure to walk around with friends who share my shoe size.

This is one of my favorite photos. The sociologist and designer in me loves that you captured this moment.

 

Anonymous DeeDee said ... (8:00 AM) : 

I've been there. Begging my best friend to let me change from my heels to her comfy boots. So convenient having a girlfriend with the same shoe size! Love this.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:05 AM) : 

It's funny, how this simple photo can inspire so many stories. For me, it is less a "switch" and more "ooohh, I love your shoes! Let me try one on and see how they look on me." My friends and I do that all the time!

 

Blogger Aby Wojcik said ... (8:10 AM) : 

I love this picture :)

 

Blogger adictaaloszapatos@gmail.com said ... (8:20 AM) : 

The picture is lovely

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:21 AM) : 

Sometimes, it's nice to share.

 

Blogger Emilie said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Great shot!
I love being a girl!
Emilie

 

Blogger Nina said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Love, love, love it!

Nina

http://ninaballerinaclosetobsession.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:14 AM) : 

haha nice shot:)

 

Blogger TheFashionAddict said ... (9:15 AM) : 

lol I am usually switching from heels to flats or vice versa. This is cute

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

The cropping makes the shot. One of my all time favorites of yours.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Unlucky for me, I'm a 40.. That kind of amusement doesn't happen every day !

Beautiful picture though !

Stéphanie

 

Anonymous sugus said ... (10:27 AM) : 

buen momento

 

Anonymous Emma Hå said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I always switch shoes with my sister when we are out clubbing, since I wear heals and she has flats. We take turns resting our feet ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

great photo!

http://thegraphical.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Ellie said ... (11:34 AM) : 

They must be BFF's! :-P
Love it!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

it's nothing like a beautiful woman in heels. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Brilliant photographic catch... but... run in stockings, stockings fullstop, plus ugly, presumably uncomfortable, unkempt shoes... you're doing a Cosmo "don't"?

(Jeesch, I find myself mostly writing in my negative comments. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. Ignore me!!!)

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (12:27 PM) : 

seriously great photographs. i love parisian women's style. i wonder how they could always look great. they also seem as if they always own great pairs of heels...


vindavindasonata.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous mr. stellar said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Heels enslave women, making them objects of desire instead of willing subjects. And yet, who really cares? A beautiful woman in heels ... mama mia! These are not heshes though, right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Beautiful and sexy on so many levels. Thank you!

 

Blogger Madeline said ... (1:45 PM) : 

I think the black wooden platforms are H&M because I think I have them (although mine don't look as worn!). And if I recall, they have some cushioning, though very little. Love the photo!

 

Blogger Maria said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Love the insight into that little moment :)

Maria x
www.myeverywish.blogspot.com

 

Blogger C A said ... (2:02 PM) : 

"Just take your hands off my Jimmy Choo !"

@ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

 

Blogger beatriz,necklace of pearls said ... (2:49 PM) : 

Me encanta la fotografía!!!!

bea

www.necklaceofpearls.es

 

Blogger LacyLady said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Love this! A change is as good as a rest!

 

Anonymous Meadow said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I love the action as well as all the lines and symmetry. "what it feels like for a girl" is the caption I heard in my mind when I saw this photo. beautiful.

 

Blogger CW said ... (3:11 PM) : 

Tsk, tsk... You should have had a pic of them trading hosiery.

 

Blogger carlottalottchen said ... (3:30 PM) : 

great picture and moreover it shows the hard reality of walking with high heels ...

 

Blogger Dream Sequins said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Great candid moment. If I saw the shoes on the woman on the right, I would try to ask her to switch shoes with me too. I like them!

 

Blogger WWD said ... (4:40 PM) : 

no creo que vayas a leer mi comentario despues de miles, pero dejar constancia de que me encanta este blog! un beso

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

The fine dust on their shoes looks like Lilidale toppings from crossing the Tuileries.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:29 PM) : 

fabulous narrative piece.

i love that it takes a minute to figure out who's switching with whom.

fun.

 

Blogger antipoet said ... (6:31 PM) : 

I come for the men's fashion, but stay for the gorgeous, artistic photography such as these that often pop up.

 

Blogger May said ... (7:39 PM) : 

I guess when you have one problem, you actually have two problems. She ripped her stockings walking in those shoes.

Thoughtful photograph.

 

Blogger ra said ... (7:56 PM) : 

I do this all the time, its great to have the same size feet as your firneds.
I also adore both pairs of shoes in this picture.

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (8:53 PM) : 

great shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 PM) : 

I hope she also took off the ripped stockings.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (10:14 PM) : 

A memorable picture.

 

Blogger Fashion Trix said ... (10:17 PM) : 

I think they are switching shoes with each other, but this reminds me of switching out of flats a couple blocks before your destination. ;)

www.bisoumode.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous norine said ... (1:04 AM) : 

Good girlfriends will always switch u shoes haha

fashiontadpole.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:41 AM) : 

open toe shoes w/ stockings... OMG!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

Great photo - it's a short story in itself.

 

Blogger Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said ... (6:36 AM) : 

Wow, what a terrific photo - such an interesting moment caught on tape. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

you've caught the joy/pain of being a girl with crazy shoes and a sweet best friend. lovelovelove.

xo
highendrearend.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous pretty face said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Wow, the legs and heels are a complete match, you captured it at the right moment.

www.FashionTalk.tv

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

Can I tell you how absolutly sexy this shot is. wow.....

Bob
LA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

That's hot.

 

Blogger La Boss said ... (2:12 PM) : 

I love this photo. Especially the run in her stocking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

love the picture!

 

Blogger parisian said ... (2:44 PM) : 

It's so... PARISIENNE

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

i love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

So are pantyhose with open-toed shoes okay and chic now? Just about every source I've read has said nonono, even for the cold months. Go bare or wear close-toed pumps. Seriously, I'd be glad if hosiery became de rigeur again even when wearing open shoes. I've got pasty varicosey legs I'd rather smooth out with some silky hose.

 

Blogger parisian said ... (5:07 AM) : 

So... PARISIENNE

 

Blogger Olivia said ... (9:44 AM) : 

I love this shot, I can totally relate and the rip in her stockings makes it that much better!

 

Blogger SarahwithanH said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Excellent photo! I'm actually in love with this, I would buy it in a poster! Definetly going on an inspiration board! Your eye is impeccable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Just lovely!

 

Anonymous Beckyhelen said ... (5:14 PM) : 

This is an amazing photo - I like the way we can't see the women - making it appear much more accessible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 PM) : 

I like the stone steps.
MKP

 

Blogger Rose said ... (9:22 PM) : 

love!

http://venomvenin.blogspot.com/
- check it out!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:59 AM) : 

i had the same problem on Sunday... no... it's not a problem) i just had the same)

 

Blogger Beth Ruby said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Absolutely amazing.
Love the way you can see every little detail and that you have even captured the ladder in her tights.
xx

 

Blogger Eileen Marie said ... (12:16 AM) : 

Lovely photo! I think it is suiting that we cannot see their faces but focus on their shoes and the moment. Well and those are great heels ofcourse.

http://fabulousheels.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous lizzaay said ... (12:20 AM) : 

I love this photo

 

Blogger rachelle said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Usually we see women making the switch into - or from - more comfortable shoes to reach their destination. I love the image of the swap here; it's mutual, and we wonder why they stopped to share their very similar sandals. LOVE it!

www.thehighheeled.com

 

Anonymous jenny said ... (3:42 PM) : 

ahh! cool, very "alive" photo.

Fashionfraggle.blogg.no

 

Anonymous Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen said ... (8:30 PM) : 

I feel like I've done this a million times with my girlfriends. It's sort of a "take one for the team" type of thing. Love the runs in her stockings...it really proves that she was in pain! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 PM) : 

perfection!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Cool picture.
Love it <3

http://wheresthegoodgonegirl.blogspot.com

 

Blogger tania said ... (11:20 AM) : 

what a beautiful unassuming moment caught on film!

 

Blogger Nini said ... (10:31 AM) : 

i love how this picture tells a story, beautiful picture, great moment!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

...only for my best friend:)

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (2:32 PM) : 

I would love to see this sold as a print.

 

Blogger Amandine said ... (7:41 AM) : 

I love this picture

 

Anonymous val said ... (3:07 PM) : 

being a woman is sometimes so "painful"...so the image says: let's share the high-heels suffering...:)))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

I love this! want to make a print of it and hang it on my wall.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:36 PM) : 

You've captured the moment perfectly.
LOVE IT!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Great photo! The symbol of friendship

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!

 

Anonymous melanie said ... (10:42 AM) : 

I love this picture. Are they really trading shoes? That's so funny. Both of those shoes are beautiful. I like how the girl's tights are ripped, but not tried. Very approachable.

melanie

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting