This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....White Jeans for Fall, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, October 30, 2009

On the Street....White Jeans for Fall, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....White Jeans for Fall, Paris"

 

Anonymous Nioh said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Whaat no white jeans are so tacky, i'm sorry.. I love the leather goods though :)

 

Blogger rose said ... (5:05 PM) : 

um, how'd she do that? Because it looks effortless, and I mean that in a good way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

Wow you're in Paris now? I arrive Monday, hopefully I'll get to see Mr. Sartorialist in action lol

lovely pic, as usual!

x

Isabel

 

Blogger huw said ... (5:10 PM) : 

nice watch

 

Anonymous Terryl said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Oh, she is flowing.
Absolutely flowing.
Full of movement, that one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

I love the forcefulness of the picture. Her eyes, her lips, the scarf/skirt and then the boots are all moving forward. Great picture!

 

Blogger 50two said ... (5:24 PM) : 

i looks like she has no legs!!

 

Anonymous ann said ... (5:28 PM) : 

Strange things happening here. I like the idea of the white jeans with the browns and rich warm textures. Her jacket is gorgeous. But it looks like she had to hurry up and get going: she walked out in her long johns, didn't have time to stuff everything in her bag or finish putting on her make-up.
That said, the photo itself is beautiful and the white gravel plays up the white pants.

 

Blogger honeynettles.blogspot.com said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Lovely! I actually wore my white jeans a couple of week ago and posted it on my blog too. While white pants and say, a gauzy turquoise top look out of place in fall, there is nothing wrong with a weather appropriate pain of white jeans!

 

Blogger jack bespoke said ... (5:39 PM) : 

been seeing those wine lips circulate the internet today, love them, and the color palette she has goin on for fall. the scarves on her bag and rings on her finger. love it

bespok.com

 

Anonymous bussbuss said ... (5:41 PM) : 

i haven't seen so many white pants in paris, but i've noticed LOTS of white pants in rome. it looks really fresh. i do wonder how this could possibly work in new york or for those of us who tend to drip gelato all over ourselves. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:42 PM) : 

White jeans are chic anytime of the year!
http://atticusshop.com/product/hep-in-white.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:42 PM) : 

Confident woman ! reminds me of Vogue's ,Grace Coddington,
@ fashionbook-the.blogspot.com

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (5:42 PM) : 

I like the boots and top!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Mary @ StyleFyles said ... (5:42 PM) : 

The browns of the boots and jacket really make it "fall appropriate" whatever that is. Also I love the aged look of that bag, with the scarves tied to it. Cheers to wearing white after labor day!

 

Blogger paula maria said ... (5:43 PM) : 

AMEI as botas :)

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (5:43 PM) : 

Great . . . Let's get away from the old rules.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Now THAT'S courageous and TOTALLY works, for me looking at her and for her too.

Fabulous! Exactly what I come to this blog to see!

 

Blogger Barbora said ... (5:54 PM) : 

White is new black!..I think:)
I really like the blouse peeking out from under the leather jacket.

www.barboradudinska.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Patrulla said ... (5:55 PM) : 

White jeans for gray season!

 

Blogger Wine Splodge said ... (5:55 PM) : 

I got a pair of boots just like those from the Marks and Spencers sale.... £20 !

 

Anonymous Well Done said ... (5:58 PM) : 

YES!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Had my white jeans on today,it just felt right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

If the pic came from NYC, I'd say cool, downtown rocker chick. Love the man's watch and the dusty harness boots. The jeans-cut leather jacket is sweet. Too many rings, though. Not to be age-ist, is this outfit age appropriate?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

I'm good with the white jeans, love the yellow print, and her leather is gorgeous. What kills the look is the darn cell phone attached to her ear. Is she coordinating emergency life support? Is something on fire? She's in friggin Paris, for goodness sake. Get off the phone and join the rest of humanity.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

I think she wore the white pants and walked through the white gravel only to accentuate DEM BOOTS! where can i get some.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

I love most of this look, but her hair is too long and her ponytail too sloppy for a woman her age. She looks like she's been camping for several days, with no access to a shower. Also, she's accessorized herself to within an inch of her death. Rings on top of rings, large watch, bracelet, two scarves on her bag--it's just too much. With an age-appropriate hairstyle and 10% of the accessories, this would be a winner.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

lovely.

now if only I had some white pants...

nah, it's probably better I don't.

she looks great, though.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (6:36 PM) : 

She looks great - minus a few of the rings!
I think it is only inappropriate in the States to wear white jeans in fall and winter - my sister in Denmark wears her white jeans year round.
And to a previous comment: who decides if it is age-appropriate? Wear what you like I say!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:42 PM) : 

And why, pray tell, wouldn't her outfit be "age appropriate"? What age are we talking about, really? I'm going to be 60 in a week, and I would wear everything she's wearing - except the jeans wouldn't be white for long, I do tend to drip gelato over myself. Are women over 30 supposed to wear a burqua? Sheesh!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

You can just tell that she has the most amazing stories to tell... the kind of person you want to sit next to in a dark bar. And soak up...

 

Anonymous S.5 said ... (6:46 PM) : 

She is the editor in chief of Velvet Magazine, Michaela Gattermayer, she is ever so strong in her style.

 

Blogger C A said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Hi, I looove white jeans, i'm wearing it all the time! Black is an eternal elegant color, but white is much more, you just have to know how to wear it the right way.
Come check the new posts, hope you enjoy it! ;)

Following you via rss feed, follow me too :)
@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger SequinsandBangles said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Love all her jewellery and her boots are amazing!!

http://sequinsandbangles.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous The Foundress said ... (6:53 PM) : 

Love the outfit. Now, once she gets a haircut - involving 6 inches - she'll look perfect.

 

Blogger Jasmin said ... (7:02 PM) : 

I loved it until I got to the lips and the hair... too severe for me, but LOVE the boots.

 

Blogger mia said ... (7:03 PM) : 

aha, every time I take white pants in winter everyone look at me confusedly.

 

Blogger Beto said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not Mrs. Rick Owens? BTW I am in love with her bag!

 

Blogger elegancemaison said ... (7:50 PM) : 

Well it's everything she's put together - but those boots are it! Running out to get a pair now...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Anon 6:09 PM, mate, brilliant.

Those same boots have been around for centuries. I was 13, about 30 years ago in Italy and could not scrape the quaranta mila lire (about 40 dollars) necessary to obtain a pair via legal means. Every kid on my street had a pair thanks to their mummies and daddies but I gave up on the idea and moved on with my life.

Goddamn I nearly lost a lung laughing when they became fashionable in Sydney - 15 years later!

Pietro

 

Blogger Singapore Short Stories said ... (7:55 PM) : 

She is in fashion!

 

Blogger Alvin said ... (8:00 PM) : 

stunning combination. i am loving those boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

do not like the jeans or yellow...thing. however, the rest of the outfit is really beautiful...love the rugged leather theme.

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Great photo - the flying hair, scarves, intensity! I think white jeans are great but a slippery slope depending on your size and the cut of them. Hope I can find some one of these days that work like these!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

I like the jeans but wish she had picked a different lipstick -- or none at all! Ruins the whole bit for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 PM) : 

love the deep deep brown-reds in her outfit (and hair), with the contrast of the jewelry on her skin. much love to the jeans with the boots, but I don't think it would work if the boots were black.

 

Anonymous Maranda said ... (8:42 PM) : 

I love this action shot. And I love her look, she owns it.

 

Blogger Gerund O'Malley said ... (8:52 PM) : 

Hail white jeans full of Grace! (Or does she just a ringer?)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM) : 

Who´s that bag by??? I LOVE it!
Muá!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

The look like FRYE boots

 

Blogger Elicia said ... (9:34 PM) : 

striking ensemble.

 

Blogger X said ... (9:39 PM) : 

bold. and it works!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 PM) : 

This is the "variations" chick from the other post!!
She is just fly.....her flawless style makes anything she rocks appropriate. Steel and Velvet. I love it.

Gladman

 

Blogger Darcy Rogers said ... (9:52 PM) : 

love the boots and white pants, but seriously that yellow shirt tail is horrible!!!

 

Blogger uhuhuhjn said ... (9:54 PM) : 

are those hudson boots?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 PM) : 

the pop of color from the yellow and blue from the scarf go lovely with the white jeans i think

the brown helps bring it together

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

Don't start a comment with "not to be ageist" and then make a comment that's ageist. No one's commenting that the dandy man under this pic is too old for his colors. Please. No one is too old for anything, it's all in the attitude and the panache. Very insulting how all of the ageists (who aren't ageists, of course....) come out in full force when it's a woman in the photos. She is brilliant and beautiful.

 

Anonymous Laura said ... (10:14 PM) : 

So beautiful, one of your best photos this year! Wonderful colors and textures, and the white works so well with the brown, especially since the pieces seem to be of high quality. The splashes of yellow and purple are perfect! This woman knows. This is what I come here for.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

This picture reminds me myself, I am from Europe, and there, we drive less, and sometimes we go all day long, from one place to another, lunch with a friend, school, movies with boyfriend, she is having a great time,

 

Anonymous sanmiguelense said ... (10:40 PM) : 

She looks cool as usual, however, wasn't this photo taken during the last fashion week about a month ago? About a month ago it was still summery pretty much everywhere in the northern hemisphere- more or less-so still arguably white jeans and old leather weather! Now I think we are all bundling up in tweeds- even if it's still cafe weather.

 

Blogger ● B I M B A ● said ... (10:41 PM) : 

amazing ringss!!

 

Blogger Aasia said ... (11:39 PM) : 

Love that lipstick shade as well. A nice tough look all together for someone her age. Interesting.

 

Blogger Tokyo Girl said ... (11:42 PM) : 

As I was putting away the last bits of summer clothing the other day, I was wondering if I'd be able to pull of wearing white denim pants in the fall.. this photo is very inspiring.

 

Blogger Jeanine Payer Studio said ... (11:46 PM) : 

I love that she has accessorized her accessories to the hilt and that she has some sort of watch fobbish looking thing hanging from the controversial jeans. Her hair struck me the most. WOW. And I am scared of the idea of age appropriate hair.

 

Blogger Lolitta said ... (12:02 AM) : 

love her rings!

http://loveyourfabulousself.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 AM) : 

I would much rather talk to this woman, with all her rings and interesting face, than most of the lovely young girls we usually see on this site.

I think she perfect in her choice of attire and is much more stylish and creative than most. I love her decision to wear what makes her feel good, rules be damned.

 

Blogger Couture Coco said ... (1:01 AM) : 

Paris? Looks more like London circa 1989? Love her urgency and movement though.

 

Anonymous natalie said ... (1:48 AM) : 

i would definitely wear this myself. its fresh and just sexy and comfortable.

 

Blogger C A said ... (1:49 AM) : 

@ Anonymous - 6:05 PM,

I don't know how is it your sense of style but her clothes are very good looking for any age. I think there are many other outfits you could say that about, but this one is perfectly ageless. I see women from every ages wearing these colors and wearing jeans/leather jackets and these kind of boots.

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 AM) : 

Marni blouse........pulling out the old stuff. Loves it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

Hi Sartorialist,
I have been reading your amazing blog for quite a while and just wanted to say I love your work.

As a fashion designer myself, it is nice to see international inspiration in people on the street.

Cheers.

 

Blogger Cristi Silva said ... (2:40 AM) : 

This is by FAR one of my FAVORATE photos you have taken to date... AWESOME!

http://www.thatsorad.blogspot.com
www.bluebee.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 AM) : 

Love most of the look but to be honest, there are too many flowing things for me
The image/picture is great and I like the idea of white jeans but something about the yellow and scarves trailing...she looks like a vagabond. Definitely original though

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:42 AM) : 

Wow totally want to wear my white jeans but always stick to the no white after labor day rule, maybe I'll be daring and try this sometime.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:49 AM) : 

She is on the move. I love the details. I am curious about the yellow frock underneath the gorgeous jacket. Overall, this look is so refreshing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 AM) : 

Everything fits her so well but the hair: too long for a woman her age ( I'm 63 ). I particularly like the jacket, the boots and the rings.

 

Blogger kylie said ... (5:56 AM) : 

i think the lips and hair are hard and two scarves on the bag are OTT but overall it's a great look

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 AM) : 

This is urban cowboy with a twist. I love it-People's personal style always fascinates me. Beautiful woman though I think the make up is a little harsh or maybe that's deliberate as otherwise it would be quite a Summer look, S x.

 

Blogger EMPEROR OF MANCUNIA said ... (7:41 AM) : 

I think white is a great colour for winter. It is so cold and icy and it really highlights the the colours in a colourless landscape (sic)

 

Blogger Susie said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Although I would not wear this outfit personally, what is the comment about age appropriate? That sounds like my mother who once told me:

No white anything after labor day. And hair above the shoulders after 40. And so on. BTW, she came of age in 1942! So those rules, ANY rules are not for today.

I am an "older" woman and I wear shorter skirts (I have lean and have fabulous legs), have had longer hair, white jeans, etc. Break rules.

I think the brown leather in this look are perfect with the white jeans. But I have never been a fan of that sort of tunic top look, or dress over pants. To me unless your 6 feet tall it cuts you off and makes your legs look short.

Too much going on with her rings, phone, watch, scarves.

I love her boots, they look like my old Frye's.

Susan

 

Anonymous phyllis said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Love her white jeans, love her dusty Frye boots, love the shock of yellow, love the rings on every finger but I what I love THE MOST is her long and purposeful stride!

 

Blogger Ripped Jeans said ... (8:20 AM) : 

ya no one understands how gorgeous white jeans are so they should be worn ALL the time!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:59 AM) : 

I lvoe it!!!

 

Blogger Graham I. Haynes said ... (9:01 AM) : 

That yellow peaking out gives her extra swagger.


Graham
suckmysavvy.com

 

Blogger Nouvelle Fag said ... (9:02 AM) : 

at first glance i thought her legs were invisible

 

Anonymous Amarula said ... (9:09 AM) : 

Is it for Halloween ?!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:28 AM) : 

She has a very strong signature look with her wine-tinted lips. beringed fingers and heavy brown boots. I've seen her in similar outfits before. She does look years younger and much prettier with her hair loose around her face rather than pulled back so tightly.

 

Anonymous Ursie said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Love the boots, couldn't pull off the white jeans myself!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Love u Michela

 

Blogger SMII said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Sart,

White denim in winter rocks.
Love your blog its inspirational.

 

Blogger Eden Kennedy Onassis said ... (11:51 AM) : 

I think she looks fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

She looks great! So glad white jeans in fall is kosher despite what my mom says. I have the perfect brown boots too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

Love her style and energy, and all the brown leather. Like the idea of white jeans, especially with leather, but am wondering if a shade of cream would pull it all together better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Well done ladies. Keep on making our world worth living.

In a society which wishes to have mature ladies either at home wrapped in flannelet and pink sweat pants rotting before talk shows or wasting their bank accounts on poker machines surrounded by senile old gits, I take my hat off to the ones that are still turning heads on the street and daring to stay young.

Lovely.

Pietro

 

Anonymous Elfie said ... (12:01 PM) : 

*sigh* Frye harness boots... luuuv them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Tired of "age appropriate" Know your style and enjoy your life!

I am 56 and wear size 0, have long brown hair. Prefer dresses/skirts-don't own dress slacks-plenty of lean jeans. I can dress "up" and dress "down" Attitude counts-know how to accessorize!

Less is more.

 

Blogger Stjarna said ... (12:14 PM) : 

love this look!! fabolous

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (12:25 PM) : 

i love the shoes...not so sure how i feel about the rest of the look..there is only one person i know who can pull off white jeans.

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Marije said ... (12:26 PM) : 

LOVE the outfit, mostly the wonderful booties and great matching bag. Well-worn leather. but hate her make-up. that afwul lipstick and not-so-nice-hairdressing. ugh

 

Anonymous princess_of_mars said ... (12:27 PM) : 

The idea of dressing in an "age-appropriate" way is nettlesome. I think the key is, you have to know what works for you, period, no matter what age you are. And often, what works for you at 50 is a version of what worked for you at 25 -- only in nicer fabric, with a better fit, more coverage in areas where you need it. For evening, less glitter and more glow -- that sort of thing. It's a matter of tweaking and refining, not just saying, "I just turned 40, time to cut my hair chin-length and wear Barbara Bush-style pearls." Ugh! Who needs it? So while some people may say this woman looks "wrong" for her age, I'd argue that she looks "right" for who she is (whoever she is!). And each of us has to decide that for her/himself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Now that's THE coolest lady I've seen!!! Those Frye boots are to die for and I agree, this look is so effortless. Perfect picture.

 

Blogger Isabela Figueiredo said ... (1:18 PM) : 

Parece o Indiana Jones feminino numa aventura em Paris.

 

Anonymous Bibi in wonderland said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Michela!!! (Gattermayer)
Lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Yes! white with natural leather.

So tough to be a photographer. we are only as good as our next photograph.

 

Blogger MayKay said ... (2:44 PM) : 

She is wonderful, I woudn't change anything although I may not agree about every detail.Which brings me to ask:why is this the only blog that features older women?It is as if women "of a certain age" became invisible. Your blog, Scot, proves the contrary.If only I could take pictures half as good as yours, I'd start one for all of us 40+'ers myself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

So tantalising: of course it's worth the wonder for such a beautiful image, but the wonder is what is going on at the neck? There seems to be a flash of yellow - how to solve the problem of clahing collars?

 

Blogger rhai♥laborte said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Love the boots! Cool outfit, though she looks really busy!

KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA
KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA
KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA

 

Anonymous Runway Reviews said ... (4:06 PM) : 

one of my favourite style. Because we think about travel and freedom. Love the bag and the old boots. Powerful white trouser and roots is a trend.

 

Blogger Amy said ... (5:06 PM) : 

I love the boots and jacket.

 

Blogger Gon said ... (5:15 PM) : 

white jeans rock! Love the pallete ;D!

www.dimogonda.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

I always look forward to the pix you post of this woman. She is completely unique and has style, not a blind devotion to fashion. White jeans and brown leather are my favorite combo... I wear it year round in foggy San Francisco!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

This is SO working for me! I Love everything about it not to mention it's a great photo. But I don't get all the age inappropriate comments - very disturbing. Who decides this and when ?! What is the cut off age? When/why must hair be short ? I don't see anything inappropriate here. Just someone who looks completely comfortable in their own skin and expresses their style really well. Apparently , if it were up to some of the readers here, Talbots should be the next stop for you Sister !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Scott, do you and Garance ever discuss this age inappropriate issue? I'm just curious about your take on it. Thanks. Great photo !

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (6:33 PM) : 

You don't see a lot of white jeans in fall. I really like how they brighten up the picture and how they work with the background.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:56 PM) : 

I like the boots

kisses

 

Blogger Gary K. said ... (8:04 PM) : 

Beautiful! She wears the white jeans well!

 

Blogger Figueroa Linares said ... (8:12 PM) : 

gonna give them a try!! =)

in love with the boots.

 

Blogger tali said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Love the rings! And I'm so glad she isn't sporting some ridiculously straightened ponytail sometimes natural is better and I haven't seen a real hair forever!

http://mimiandtali.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 PM) : 

I am enjoying the way this blog has recently broadened its scope to include interesting looking people. It makes the comments section so much more interesting too!

The people making the ageist comments could do with a slap though.

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (10:59 PM) : 

I love my favorite pair of white jeans...I don't wear them in winter because of the old fashioned rule of my moma...so thanks to all of my Satorialist blogging friends I'm going for it this winter! My mind is racing with ideas of how to stlye them for the colder months. Thank you all for your unconditional attitudes...you make my world brighter!

 

Blogger andrea said ... (2:04 AM) : 

white denim - white dust on boots - wow!

 

Anonymous Carien said ... (3:31 AM) : 

Have the same boots!

 

Blogger SparkleQueen said ... (4:50 AM) : 

i think a pair of brown leather strappy heels would completely glam up this outfit!

Emily

 

Blogger shark mombassa said ... (5:11 AM) : 

only the boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 AM) : 

R A W E N E R G Y RULES!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 AM) : 

Can we please kill that awful ageist (and covertly sexist) phrase 'age-appropriate'?

I don't like all the brown distressed leather (3 separate items!)or the droopy crotch jeans or the lipstick or the ponytail but this woman is so stylish and interesting and original, I like HER.

 

Blogger nothingness said ... (6:32 AM) : 

i love white jeans, if only i had nice legs

www.jetblackdye.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

To MayKay who posted at 2.44pm, check out the Advanced Style blog it has some great posts of older women (and men). I'm not a fan of white jeans for myself but I like all of this, she's having fun and if she likes how she looks, that's the most important thing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Hi Princess of Mars, I made a comment about the lenght of the hair for a woman her age. Again, I'm 63 and I have a very nice haircut, slightly wild and not too short. Otherwise I think your comments were à propos.As for pearls, they look GOOD at 15, 35,45,55, 65 and so on. One doesn't have to look Barbara Bushist after a certain age nor look as an ancient. Must one thank the hippies for that?I love all the rings this woman wears I just don't like the hair!

 

Blogger Mariana said ... (9:22 AM) : 

love the boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

White pants in late fall...ballsy move! I think her look works though. The boots are killer, I would love a pair of those bad boys. I think her lipstick and jewelery help "de-summer" the look because they are darker and more edgy, and helps to bring an autumnal vibe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Regarding comments about breaking age rules: I believe some rules are good. With rules, even those who are not interested in clothing have some guidelines to look appropriate. If you know the rules and feel confident about breaking them with style, that's fine with me.

 

Blogger La Nimoise said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Too many rings, hair too severe,looks like she got dressed in the dark. Wish I could say something positive about this photo. Looking forward to what you produce tomorrow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

On paper, this doesn't seem to work: The Frye boots, the distressed leather bag, the multiple rings... BUT, she MAKES this work so seamlessly and elegantly. The heaviness and lightness balance out so perfectly. She's fantastic.

Your composition is killer! Love the energy and movement (even the tired mobile pose looks natural on her-- so candid this time).

--PLO

 

Anonymous Tobias Sweden said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I don't know why, but I just can't do white jeans. I never owned a pair and I probably never will...

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (2:44 PM) : 

Great mix, I love pants with the boots

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (7:17 PM) : 

This woman looks awesome! And seems a very hardcore Parisian.

She is not the average woman, for those "age appropriate" comments, for that she becomes a league of her own.

Cool lady.

 

Anonymous Shirley said ... (10:26 PM) : 

The background is perfect. I would love to see her wearing butt-lifting jean, her hair down and with a softer lip color. Great picture.

Check out my site and let me know what you think.
Thinking of background that would present the product the best way. It's all about confidence.
Any ideas?

Shirley
http://www.noticemejeans.com

 

Blogger the sophisticat said ... (1:50 AM) : 

I love the white jeans. They're so fresh.

The distressed leather pieces are perfect; so is the simplicity of her hair.

Love the flash of colour too.

http://thesophisticat.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Cobalt Violet said ... (3:28 AM) : 

She is awesome. I love her. She's got her own thing going and frankly seems like an interesting gal.

I'm 40 and I am going to wear whatever I please but of course that going to be what I think looks good on me. ... I'm going to cover certain things (no mini skirts please) and lots of ruffles seem silly. You don't want to see a 40 year old dressed up like a doll. But there are always exceptions! Betsy Johnson rules.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 AM) : 

old enough to know how to break the rules! love the energy & purpose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I do realize that dark blue jeans are a lot more boring than white ones but I really think they’d work much better here.

 

Anonymous kendal croix said ... (10:03 AM) : 

i can only hope to be that stylish when im older.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:41 AM) : 

She obviously owns her look and is not trying too hard to be fashion-y. Whenever I see 'older' (older than what?) women with the nerve to have longer hair and I-don't-give-a-damn-what-you-think accessories and make up I get happy for the changes that we've made as a global fashion culture. Rules are made to be broken. Now the issue of whether one's choices are actually flattering...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

i know her (from Pilates) and she is always very chic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

She looks like Grace Coddington.
I'm around 50 and people constantly think I'm 10-15 years younger. My hair is long, but no longer as shiny and thick as before. When I go light on makeup, I look sick or faded away, but if I go even a little too heavy, it looks harsh. I think being more age-appropriate would make me look my calendar age, rather than my spiritual age. I wish I could turn back time, but I don't regret all those eventful years.
The young and beautiful can wear rags and look great. It is so much more challenging to look good as one gets older. I see here a woman of action, a woman with a life, with a sense of playfulness and confidence. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

As soon as I saw this photo I thought "here come all of the age-related comments". I predicted correctly. I also suspect they were made mostly by Americans, who seem to have the most unfortunate view of age, especially as it relates to women. Get over it! I think this woman looks great. (By the way, I am a 49-year-old American woman, for those keeping score).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 AM) : 

I'm with Anonymous 3.22pm. We older women know how much more calculation now goes into looking well. Thank goodness, though, that we have been thinking for so long about what to wear that we have become very good at it! Example: this wonderful woman in your magnificent photograph!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 AM) : 

The boots look like Fryes: beautiful, comfortable, cool as hell, and, from what I've experienced & heard, darn near indestructable. (Mine have seen 9 years of heavy wear and still look great.) Doesn't surprise me at all that a woman this dynamic, confident, and stylish would have a well-worn pair of 'em.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 AM) : 

Michela Gattermayer is Velvet Italia editor in chief and is a great woman as well as a great fashion insider. We all truly love her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 AM) : 

Michela Gattermeyer is one of the most visionary editors around. I had the pleasure of meeting her in Rome and she is an intelligent, youthful, open minded and hard working woman who loves what she does. Her style reflects just that - she knows who she is and she can wear what she pleases, at least in my books!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I am 45, and what is appriopriate for her it may not be for me, but please don't forget that we are alive and different, just like the very young. We still would like to have fun with clothes. She looks to me like she is an independent spirit, and yest you can still be that when you 50!

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (11:15 AM) : 

what style!

 

Anonymous KatyE said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Funny-looks like she has invisible legs! Real cool lady she is, though! Always admire how a woman can wear rings on so many fingers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

this is an actual cool woman, not a contrived "I'm trying to look cool and take fashion so seriously" woman. love the white jeans on her. love that she doesn't give a hoot about anyone's contrived notion of fashion. YES MORE PICS LIKE THIS PLEASE!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:58 PM) : 

love white jeans.....just bought two pair of 501's last month in anticipation of my winter in northern california....with a simple unlinied 3 button long light black cashmere coat big boots & a thin sweater.....i plan to paint them silver when i'm thew with them........

 

Anonymous Sybil said ... (1:52 PM) : 

About being "age appropriate"... I think the fact that she is obviously an older woman IS what makes this outfit. Stellar.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Anyone know where I can get such boots? In Australia ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

Where to find boots:

http://www.thefryecompany.com/Product-Women-Boots-Harness-77458CHO.aspx

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (9:40 PM) : 

She look eager, Vibrant and just so cool.
I say wear what you like at whatever age. I can't imagine being restricted by a number when the mind energy is saying something else. It's the way you wear it, your mindset, your lifestyle and your attitude that makes it. So a twin set, knee length pleated skirt and pearls can look great on an 18 year old if that's in her soul.
In any case this look of good jeans and worn quality leather is style eternal. And I think white with rich chocolate --2 basic natural colours--will nearly always work but still be a little different.
The splash of colour and bold jewellery here adds interest and zest. Her hair makes her look practical and a go-getter which from reports seems what she is.

 

Anonymous glamchica said ... (8:15 PM) : 

This fit is effortless,I'm lovin it!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

Edgy...on the go and unfetttered...Yes!

Would love to see more than I have of her please!


Love & Light,

Tee

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

la signora michela gattermayer ... ottimo look

 

Anonymous Girlosophy said ... (11:29 PM) : 

The rebirth of cool. She owns the street, the white jeans and the high ground. Super fab.

 

Blogger the secret of fashion said ... (10:19 AM) : 

white jeans looks good with those boots! great shot xxxx

 

Anonymous angelbuddy said ... (3:43 PM) : 

ahhhh...to be an older woman and not wear old woman clothes. and long hair!! she makes me smile!

 

Blogger Jules, London said ... (4:09 PM) : 

Love her style, ease and confidence, the bright yellow and the battered browns. The white jeans are ok with this look. I wouldn't have had the fashion intelligence that she has used in this look by choosing white jeans to blank her canvas.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

As a woman of a certain age, I applaud her sense of style and vitality - she doesn't CARE what you think, and that is what sets her free.
I wanted to kill my roommate when she accidently threw out my 15yr. loved Frye low
engineers, it was like losing part of myself - if they could talk...My 26 yr red lizard handmade cowgrrrrls were in the same bag.
The Horror.

She could never be insipid.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:23 PM) : 

i love all of it but most off all i love the boots and the white jeans!

 

Anonymous divya said ... (1:32 PM) : 

a force of nature

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

MARNI silk dress... 2006 circa

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

Is she Michela Gattermyer of Velvet magazine?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting