This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Anna & Viviana, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On the Street...Anna & Viviana, Milano


Comments on "On the Street...Anna & Viviana, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

amazing!!!

 

Blogger GFS said ... (5:33 PM) : 

Okay, I seriously need to move elsewhere. There aren't enough chic people around me like these women! Great Photos!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (5:33 PM) : 

yay for puffy shoulders!

www.fashionsnag.com

 

Blogger F.S said ... (5:34 PM) : 

vibrant colours

www.inspiredbyfs.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Christina said ... (5:41 PM) : 

I want EVERYTHING they're wearing, and I NEVER say that...loves it.

 

Blogger StyleSpy said ... (5:46 PM) : 

LoveloveLOVE that vibrant color next to the black & white. D'ya think they call one another the night before and decide what they'll wear? Probably not, but I love the idea.


http://closetaltar.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Michael Limaco said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Nice colors, but the woman doesn't look good in the zebra print dress in the second picture. It doesn't fit her personality. It would look better on an older woman with huge blond hair and tons of make-up who looks totally tacky! Seriously.

 

Blogger Fezinha said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Bright yellow shirt + blue pants. Something to copy just now. But I don't like the puff sleeves...just my opinion, but seem that she doesn't have a neck. With no puff shoulders, would be perfect. LOved the shoes, in particular at the 1st pic.
I need to say that I love your work, though it's redundant, I know.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

that second shot is just stunning. the lighting really makes the amazing colours more vibrant. love.

 

Blogger josephine said ... (5:53 PM) : 

beautiful ladies! love these shots

 

Blogger Madeline Veenstra said ... (5:56 PM) : 

I love the patent nude shoes in the first shot, so beautiful :)

 

Blogger Tiffany Marie said ... (5:57 PM) : 

I love their smiles in the first photo and those electric blue trousers in the second photo are so VA-VA-VOOM

 

Blogger JouJou Loves You said ... (5:58 PM) : 

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the colors. What a breath of fresh air!!!!

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Fabulous!

 

Blogger test said ... (6:09 PM) : 

love anna, she always dresses different from others and in a sort of eccentric way.



http://alectonyx.etsy.com
sale items added.

 

Blogger elisha said ... (6:27 PM) : 

amazing!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Absolutely fabulous! The colours, the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Anna looks elegant and adorable in that black suit with the bright cherry YSL shoes.

And I love the color combination of chocolate brown and pink in Viviana's outfit in the same pic. Such cute pink shoes!

 

Anonymous Cristina said ... (6:39 PM) : 

ahhh the shoes. omg shoes!

 

Blogger Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said ... (6:44 PM) : 

so classy love these looks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Milan is very much about luxury-style. Those outfits are amazing but they scream thousands of euros!
In my opinion it's not so challenging to combine a great look with an almost unlimited budget at disposal. I'm seeking for more REAL streestyle fashion an contrasts: expensive/cheap, modern/vintage, simple/extravagant, etc.
That's what inspires me at most and the reason why I love London and NY shots. I would appreciate to see some asian cities too. Any planned trip there Sart?

 

Anonymous Tiffany said ... (6:54 PM) : 

Love the colours in the 2nd photo.

 

Anonymous Cecylia said ... (7:01 PM) : 

They are a force to be reckoned with. And wardrobes to die for.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (7:07 PM) : 

So is this site supposed to be about real people on the street, or is it about The Popes of The Fashionistas -- those movers and shakers who create the slick magazines?

I'd rather see gorgeous models wearing haute couture--but I'd really rather see real people doing their real thing.

I hope this is "all Anna all the time" is just because it's fashion week in Milan.

I'll come back later.

 

Blogger Serg Riva said ... (7:10 PM) : 

together we speak a language of thieves. Nouns and adverbs stolen from sleeping beauties who woke-up without pronouns, put on their dark glasses and went out for the day.

 

Blogger Kat said ... (7:45 PM) : 

exquisite! WOW...

 

Blogger X said ... (7:46 PM) : 

Gorgeous, bold women.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 PM) : 

Both women are wearing great clothing. However in my very humble opinion Anna would benefit from hair in better condition and straight posture. She has the tall,slim figure necessary to pull off her fantastic dresses she just needs to stand up straight like she means it. Viviana looks more naturally chic to me.

 

Anonymous l, williams said ... (8:14 PM) : 

aaaa mazing. love how their fashion fits blend beautifully together too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Who are these amazing women? What do they do? They have been on the sartorialist many times!

 

Anonymous Raquel said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Blu Cobalto!! I have been lusting over finding pants like these for a while now. You made my day. Im dreaming. They look dreamy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

to me the spirit/intention of "on the street" is that it is regular people, not fashion people, who are wearing regular people clothes. They are more interesting/inspiring. the same fashion girls... meh.

 

Blogger Well Done said ... (9:04 PM) : 

really? those sleeves are silly and she needs a good haircut.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 PM) : 

:) Love it. Wouldn't wear the puffy sleaves myself- but I'm not Anna. She can get away with anything.

 

Anonymous Daniel John Hardy said ... (9:13 PM) : 

These woman are so amazingly dressed! I really love the second picture, its reminds me why i work in the fashion industry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 PM) : 

OMG!!!! I am so jealous!!!!! What chic, chic women! If I can pull off what they're wearing with half their style, I'll be one happy lady :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

fit, tanned and glam. they exude confidence and style....and power

 

Blogger BB said ... (10:17 PM) : 

After seeing the yellow blouse and blue trousers, it makes me want to wear that exact outfit with just different colored variation ALL YEAR ROUND.

So incredibly (and effortlessly) chic.

Just gasp-worthy.

~BB

http://www.bargainbex.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 PM) : 

all I really have to say is I AM SO SICK OF THOSE SUNGLASSES. I think everything else is great, creative, bright, but that look with those sunglasses is wayyyy over done and everyone has a pair now.

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (10:29 PM) : 

second pic is fierce!! loving the color contrast

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Blogger beths said ... (10:29 PM) : 

I know this goes against the grain of the comments, but Anna's look often appears harsh, almost brittle, to me--that quality subtracts from the "fun." I can't attribute this to Sartorialist photos, but must be the equation of her look + my eye.

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (10:30 PM) : 

I really like Anna's outfit in the second photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 PM) : 

Black and white equals the best~!

www.shorewalkers.org

 

Anonymous Katy McDevitt said ... (11:21 PM) : 

I'm pretty meh on the clothes except the gorgeous blue suit (which is delicious in terms of shape, colour, and texture), but day-um, I'd commit a crime to get my hands either pair of the shoes in the first photo.

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (11:21 PM) : 

SHE IS LETHAL. GOD I LOVE IT!











XX
CHICMUSE

 

Blogger C A said ... (11:23 PM) : 

ANNA LOOKS VERY ELEGANT IN ALL THE PICTURES, AND I LOVE VERY MUCH VIVIANA'S LOOKS, WITH ALL THOSE COLORS..

 

Blogger Dannie said ... (11:31 PM) : 

i love the shoulders in these looks ;)

 

Blogger Almaty Street Fashion said ... (11:37 PM) : 

So elegant! I love it!!
Thank you!

 

Blogger Molly said ... (12:11 AM) : 

perfection!

 

Blogger chula said ... (1:22 AM) : 

marvellosu... anna & viviana, every day a lesson of stylish...animals & colors

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

love the look of the lady on the right side of first pic.. Mix of white, beige, brown and black diamonds looks so elegant and retro. Also like the shoes!

 

Anonymous Aimee said ... (1:58 AM) : 

love the color and prints in the second picture! and i love the red necklace paired with the black & white leopard!

 

Blogger Wang Meng said ... (2:12 AM) : 

Great color match

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 AM) : 

The shoes are beautiful...but look incredibly painful to wear.

 

Anonymous FvaD. said ... (3:05 AM) : 

Viviana ! (to the right ?!) ..is flawless ..reminds me of Ali Macgraw

I <3

FvaD.
Fvad.Deviantart.com
mfouad81@gmail.com

 

Blogger Astianatte said ... (3:06 AM) : 

ok. they are powerful, beautyful and so well dressed but.. there's 4 Anna dello Russo's pictures, 3 of Viviana and 2 about Aurora.. i mean.. isn't too much???? i just can imagine after the paris fasion week.. we can do a complete 12 month's calendar about them.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (3:13 AM) : 

for Joy Mars,
You're making a very common mistake - dismissing a photo or a person because you think they are too "fashionista".

Forget the names of these people, forget who they are and forget the labels they wear and just focus on their exquisite sense of proportion, color combinations and how they have each created a unique style for themselves.

Viv is a color genius, Aurora is about sleek chic and Anna is all about drama!
if you focus on that instead of making excuses for why not to like it then you might learn something from these modern style icons.

I have.

 

Anonymous e said ... (3:16 AM) : 

these girls have some fabulous shoes!!

 

Blogger sofiasophie said ... (3:31 AM) : 

gorgeous Viviana
love the combo electric blue + yellow!

 

Anonymous kaytaInga said ... (3:44 AM) : 

Wow - the yellow and blue is stunning!! But... idunno...the leapord print puff sleeve is a little "Eddy" from Ab Fab...

 

Blogger Emilie said ... (3:49 AM) : 

Classy, beautiful!

 

Blogger meraldia said ... (4:26 AM) : 

These two ladies are absolutely stylish!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 AM) : 

Impressive. I am dying for that Dolce dress

 

Anonymous Johnny said ... (5:20 AM) : 

Mr S - Joy Mars is not making a "very common mistake". Once you start doing repeat photos and postings of the same non-fashion industry person, then we could perhaps have that debate. You know this anyway; it's fine, but we shouldn't pretend that it's just another person, just another photograph. In addition, and with all due respect, this woman's personal style seems to consist of nothing more than wearing whatever happens to be most on trend on a particular day. If ever there was an example of the clothes wearing the wearer, surely this is it.

 

Anonymous Roberta said ... (5:29 AM) : 

Che classe!!! R.

 

Blogger Richard said ... (5:35 AM) : 

Is that a man's Rolex the woman in the first photo is wearing?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 AM) : 

Chic and very italian!

 

Blogger Jill said ... (6:35 AM) : 

Scott, I agree with you. I don't love, or understand, *every* shot you take, but it's YOUR blog. And it's fascinating enough to keep me coming back for three years now.

I love seeing the "regular joe" people, but it's fun to see how the fashion set dress too. I like the variety!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Aah, all those shoes! Such a dream........

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (9:03 AM) : 

.......Both of them look fantastic....and while I'm sure these are expensive items I'm also sure that the yellow blouse, blue pants and shoes are reproducable if you look as good as Viviana.....in fact I've seem many pics here on the streets of NYC of girls looking just as good....and btw I like the mix of high fashion icons and everyday folks....keep up the good work

 

Anonymous John Agee Paris said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Anna, we need more like you! You have no fashion fear! Mille grazie!

 

Anonymous Suzanne said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Love the cherry shoes and love the vibrant colours. Don't love the animal dress at all. A little bit of 80s never hurt anyone, but this is more than a little bit.

 

Anonymous Timea said ... (11:35 AM) : 

SIMPLY PERFECT!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

I'm feeling the sentiments made by Joy Mars.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Beautiful transvestites both!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:08 PM) : 

I'm okay with puffy shoulders but that modified leopard print number makes it look like the wearer is either shrugging up her shoulders or jutting out her neck (or both!). The modified print is great but the silhouette created by the piece looks unnatural and uncomfortable.

 

Blogger C. said ... (1:39 PM) : 

I love Viviana's style definitely!

 

Anonymous Sophie, the Barton Girl said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Anna pulls off these outfits with amazing aplomb - she's amazingly stylish and never freakish. Truly gob-smacking!

 

Blogger Since Age Zero said ... (3:16 PM) : 

vivianna picks the best colors EVER!

anyone agree what when she smiles (and has her shades on), she reminds one of old-school alanis morissette (from the 90s)?

xoxx
RS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

LOVE the pic on top, esp. the dress on the right.

HATE the 80s puffy shoulders. Too costumey.

Love the blue/yellow combo on the gal beside ole' puff shoulders.

They both look very "at work" sophisticated.

 

Anonymous Va` said ... (4:50 PM) : 

really really amazing!!!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (5:00 PM) : 

For Johnny 5:20
Now you are making a very common mistake- over simplifying.
Sorry but the reason ADR is so stylish is that she actually has a style and DOESN"T follow every trend.

ADR is photographed a lot, correct?
especially the last 3 or 4 years

So me 5 photos of her wearing pants.

I can't think of even one time I have ever seen her wear pants.

or jeans

or flats

I know her and I know she has style, real style, true style because she loves fashion and style but keeps a very clear vision of what that means to her.

go ahead , 5 shots of her wearing pants

 

Blogger B a la Moda said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Great style. Love all the outfits, colors and shapes.

xoxo
B* a la Moda

 

Blogger Amber said ... (6:32 PM) : 

It's Anna's world. We all just live in it!

 

Blogger Tanya N said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Great picture - it looks almost surreal. Completely captures the quintessential Milan fashion woman. Great lighting too!

BTW, congrats on the Vogue article, it's amazing. I posted your blog in my Facebook status -- your pictures need to be seen by everyone, they make my day :)

 

Anonymous lady d said ... (7:49 PM) : 

anna dello russo is screaming Dolce FW 09 all over. I love the other girl's colour combination, cause I love colour. but generally speaking, after these Milano pictures, I have to say I miss London.

 

Blogger Solange said ... (10:06 PM) : 

Anna Dello Russo is my fashion icon of the season, she always looks very elegant

 

Anonymous Johnny said ... (4:38 AM) : 

Mr S, I appreciate your response (and also your posting my comment). I respectfully disagree that I'm over-simplifying. The pants point is a bit of a red herring I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure I've seen 5 pictures of her wearing Balmain jackets, but I'm not sure that massive-shouldered, nipped-waisted blazers would have formed a material part of her wardrobe before Mr Decarnain got started with it. I didn't say she followed every trend; just the "hottest" ones. That said, it's entirely possible that that sort of look was a natural evolution from her personal style at the time; this is perhaps your point.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

What beautiful smiles and pins they have!.. I prefer by far the colors and proportions, as Scott has outlined, here in the second photograph, but I'd keep any harsh criticisms for addressing my own wardrobe woes, if and when I may have them.. They're quite gorgeous women, it saddens me to see envy and aggression when indeed they are simply living and breathing fashion. That is all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

I like Anna's outfit in the first and Viviana's in the second pic. But I, too, wonder whether the Sartorialist only ever shoots fashion industry people or also random (well-dressed) people of the street.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Scott, I definitely understand your reason for taking and posting these photos. Even a fashion moron like myself can learn things if we view them in that light. For example, I can identify with "Viv's" color sense and use it for myself.

However (you knew that was coming, right?), this is a public forum, and you allow the public to post, so you have to expect the negative or dissenting views. Then you have to decide whether to explain to people how they have missed your point, but neither opinion is wrong (as long as the criticisms aren't personal insults).

The comments on ADR's hair and posture are also relevant in light of the styles. For example, although she has a perfect body, great legs, etc, the big sleeves accentuate the poor alignment of her upper body. So the average woman would want to avoid this style unless she had perfect posture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Is this the new predator look?

 

Anonymous Colleen said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Give me that yellow shirt and all the shoes, pronto!

 

Blogger Nothing 2 crew said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Wow, these women definitely have style.

 

Anonymous Pieter said ... (4:10 AM) : 

My comment was not posted.I specially did not goole Anna to stay objective.I guess I was a bit harsh.All I can say now is that I totally agree with Johnny.

 

Blogger AONIE said ... (8:27 AM) : 

Impressive...i love this two beautiful woman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

what i love is that in the first photo, they are both wearing the same shoes and some same accessories as they are in a previous post from a day or two ago. two very different looks and they work so well in each outfit. that's the value of buying something beautiful and versatile.

 

Blogger MOD PAUL said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Johnny. You hit the nail on the head!! I'm sorry just because someone has juts and feels free to put on somthing flash dosn't mean they have style. Yo S. you can screen my comments but you can not screen what I believe....

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (7:32 AM) : 

i love that these girls are so creative and adventurous with their dress and colour combinations - the black and white outfit on Anna is very 'fashion victim' ...scary almost...she looks so much softer/real in the other post below wearing the soft sheer black number!

 

Anonymous Francesca said ... (6:07 AM) : 

Deal All, I loved this debate. However, as I really know fashion items, I'd like to focus and "destructure" Viviana's outfits.
In the first picture, she wears a vintage Yves Saint Laurent with a new pair pair of Miu Miu and in the second one she wears a Cloé shirt and Marni pants from the last season.
This is just to say that this girl knows very well how to combine items from very very different collections and trends. So as Sart underlined, is all about style (the personal one)!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 AM) : 

ADR's first outfit is pue understated perfection and the second one is flawed only by her posture. C'mon people, who else should wear this, she is larger than life.

Viviana's Miu Miu shoes are perfection in color and style and her second outfit is lovely. i want thinner ankles for such cropped pants..

 

Blogger K'arhol said ... (11:05 AM) : 

in love with the animal prints stunning outfit !!!
http://darkbohemiia.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Philippine said ... (11:09 AM) : 

to me these two are the most fashionable women of your entire blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

both women are totally fantastic...but in the second pic the one who's wearing blue pants looks like she is in a perfect sunny day

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! CRUDELIA DEVIL ON THE LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Muscovite said ... (2:09 PM) : 

I WITHOUT MIND FROM THEIR STYLE

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting