This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... Summer Plaid, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, August 10, 2009

On the Street.... Summer Plaid, Florence


So I guess the only question about this look is the belt/shoe coordination thing. I didn't even really notice they were unmatched until later, so for me it works because it's not distracting. However, I know a lot of people are very obsessed with things like this.

Comments on "On the Street.... Summer Plaid, Florence"

 

Blogger Neezy said ... (5:42 PM) : 

It only starte to bother me once I read your caption....lol

heartofayoungdynamic.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Wind T said ... (5:45 PM) : 

belt and shoes work because the belt just blends in with the outfit. the suede shoes are great, even though i generally prefer to leave suede for winter

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Yea, it's unmatched, but still.. I believe that the only thing i have to say if i met him on the street is:

Style!

Regards,
+Mith+

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Not that choking...trying to imagine him with a matching belt, it would have been probably too much; specially with what I think is a colorful scarf.
Very nice indeed...

 

Blogger Sartorial Vancouver said ... (5:52 PM) : 

A subdued look - involving plaid no less - owing to a lack of contrast. I like it, and the print scarf especially.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

This looks superior to thee the Anglos wear their plaid suits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

I want him~! He can handle the belt and the shoes and make it real.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

What is the coloured bit around his neck? I like it! Great shot :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Jesus Christ, I want those shoes.

Thanks,

Paul Beirne

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

what? i dont see anything wrong. love the shoes. is that considered nubuck?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

woot woot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 PM) : 

woot woot

 

Blogger SequinsandBangles said ... (6:09 PM) : 

Love the rich colours within the plaid suit! The shoes are beautiful!!

http://sequinsandbangles.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Slowjack said ... (6:12 PM) : 

I think ironclad rules for fashion are silly, like ironclad rules for grammar ("When I split an infinitive," Raymond Chandler wrote his editor, "I mean for it to stay split."). Something either works or it doesn't. The black belt here essentially disappears, a brown belt would be more "visible." To each their own.

 

Anonymous StreetstyleNews said ... (6:14 PM) : 

First accessory I looked at, was the pocket square - so I don't care much about the 'belt/shoe-issue' too...

http://follow.StreetstyleNews.com

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (6:16 PM) : 

The shoes blend so nicely into the ground, I didn't notice...

Really enjoy the suit, although the pants could go a size up, in my opinion.

Very nice touches with the handkerchief and the inner trim of the shirt. That trim, to me, is just ravishing.

 

Anonymous Emma Howard said ... (6:16 PM) : 

I like his hair and face.

 

Blogger Cypriotchick said ... (6:17 PM) : 

THis is such a hot suit!

Cypriotchick
cypriotchick.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Cristi Silva said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I had a black belt and brown shoe's on one day and it bugged me the entire time... no one noticed. I always notice little touches like that...I really only dress for me anyway..

 

Blogger theartbox said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I love the length of those pants, and that plaid is fantastic! It's pretty subtle, and the navy is perfect.

http://drawingisthenewheroin.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

This is a little off topic- but is their a way to link your top bar to the home page? Because it seems like it used to.. and now it doesn't.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

delightful!

 

Blogger The Glamorous Housewife said ... (6:31 PM) : 

Wait- is that the Most Interesting Man In The World?

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

 

Anonymous jason said ... (6:34 PM) : 

i like it. i am totally into mismatching accessories right now. better in 3s perhaps: it confuses the people with the rules a little more and they are less likely to say anything. he could have had a pink pocket square or pair of green sunglasses???

 

Anonymous Xristopher said ... (6:35 PM) : 

Highland dancing or the disco?

Yes, I notice the belt thing. God is in the details.

 

Blogger teresa said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Am I the only person in this world who doesn't get the "no socks" thing? It's been a trend for a while and all I can think is how nasty your feet must smell after a few wearings. Are men's ankles a new erotic zone? Is it that much cooler (temp wise?)

I'd rather he swapped the belt for some socks. The belt's the only thing on him that is uninteresting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 PM) : 

on the contrary, i think the belt matches the necktie, hankie and suit. its the shoes that make a statement, and brilliantly. besides, i think the shoes co-ordinate wonderfully with his skin...voila. loveit & what a spunk to boot!! kekeke

'slowjack' hit the nail better than me though!!

 

Blogger Paolo Manaloto said ... (7:02 PM) : 

the unmatching belt and shoes to me shows that he does not really follow the rules of style to the letter. he wants to look stylish but not take it too seriously and i must say he does it quite well.

 

Blogger J Steed said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Need some suede shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

I like!

I think that if he were wearing black shoes the whole outfit would be too black/ blue, and if he were wearing a brown belt it would stand out too much and almost break up the fluidity of the whole look.

The guys in Florence definitely seem to be amongst the most stylish in Italy!

 

Blogger Davine said ... (7:38 PM) : 

I never thought that I´d gonna say this, but his pants are a tad to tight for this.

 

Anonymous TO said ... (7:45 PM) : 

One distinction that COULD be made here, is there is a common rule to match you shoes and belt when dealing with brown and black yes, but it is often widely accepted that this is a part of a bigger rule to match all your leather items in brown or black. This may not be the best example because suede is just a softer leather, but I would be curious to see if it is easier to have those items clash is they are different materials, if that makes any sense. Hardly noticeable here though, as commonly noted, props to this guy
stylish rule breaker= REBEL

 

Blogger Carissa Rose said ... (8:02 PM) : 

I like the summer plaid, but the shoes aren't very summer. The platform shoes in the picture before are better.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (8:07 PM) : 

I didn't know that was a rule. I think it would be too matchy-matchy, as the phrase goes. I think it is a dashing look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 PM) : 

a suede or brown belt wold cut him in half and distract form the total look. the answer? no belt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

is it fall already? summer in Italy is hot, too hot for this look with any color belt.

 

Blogger GBrummel said ... (8:44 PM) : 

Well , i know that here we are talking about some sort of timeless style rules, but from where i come from (romania) all fashion magazines (besides gq, of course, which doesn t actually have a definite point of view on this) advise not to match things anymore, especially not shoes and belt. It is considered tacky and obsolete. It is probably a trend which stems into the female revolution in matching-> (big no-no to math shoes and bag). So , my questions is, what should i believe?

 

Blogger lenmeister said ... (8:51 PM) : 

I support slowjack's remark at 6:12pm. This obviously works! fashion standards are not set in stone, they're just guidelines (as if rules aren't meant to be broken :-O but all jokes aside, I may have mentioned this on here already but style is innate, fashion changes with years or season.
The man in question here has his own style, his trademark! and beautifully done. I would've not liked this with a matching belt, something else would've had to come into play to balance everything out then. Just my take

 

Anonymous jbozak said ... (8:55 PM) : 

Not a super stickler on the belt shoe on others if it works. The belt fades into the pattern of the suit, so no biggie on this one.

Now I'll be a stickler: While I love plaid, this outfit seems a bit cheap-looking to me. It might be cuz the pants are so tailored yet the blazer, especially the arms, seems to not be. Plus strange that it's a 3 button with those baddass pegged pants. I adamantly say NO to pegged with cuffs. Still I give him props for doing it and basically pulling it off. His tan works great with it all

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 PM) : 

Hey! I found your blog via A Cup Of Jo and am really loving it. I read up a little bit on your book. I ordered it right off the bat. I can not wait to get into it. It is such an amazing photography project. I hope and pray that one day I can be as good of a photographer as you are.

 

Blogger Forest City Fashionista said ... (9:22 PM) : 

I love his whole look--the cut of the suit, the plaid, the pocket square, the shoes, everything. Why do the only men who dress like this live on another continent???

 

Blogger Mark said ... (9:59 PM) : 

I'm with tearole, I just don't get the no socks thing. It's incomplete, uncomfortable, and bad for your shoes.

 

Blogger Rafe New York said ... (10:01 PM) : 

I think this was definitely deliberate. I like to match my belts or at least wear something tonal but beause the suit is so dark it works. The tan suede shoes are like an exclamation point to this sartorial sentence.

http://rafeloves.rafe.com

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Is that a scarf hiding in his collar?

Anyway, this dude is unbelievably handsome and smart looking. The informality -- especially the no socks and high pant cuffs -- is strikingly offset by that crisp pocket square.

Wow. If I saw him somewhere, I'd try to figure out how to meet him.

 

Anonymous jeane b said ... (10:20 PM) : 

it is perfect, within it's imperfection. matching the belt AND the shoes would be too obvious. and i am loving the no sock look with the suede. arresting in a surprisingly subtle way!

 

Blogger Crest said ... (10:47 PM) : 

Yes, the pants can go a little more relaxed.
Belt is a solid choice for the suit.
Shoe color is the bold thing in the ensemble.
Sock issue I agree with tcarole.
The last time short hems were so popular was in the early '90s. Especially with the Japanese fashion. Interesting coincidence is that that's the time the Japanese real estate backed credit bubble broke.
Do suit pant hemline correlate to the state of the economy?

 

Anonymous taevon said ... (10:54 PM) : 

nice fit!! http://taevonpalmer.com

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (10:59 PM) : 

i love plaid! i started school today and practically everyone was wearing it ;/ that ruins a trend for me-when you cant be credited for wearing it 1st

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (11:01 PM) : 

DON´T MATTER. LOVE THE LOOK

KISSES





CHICMUSE
http://thechicmnuse.blogspot.com

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Even with your heads up about the belt/shoe thing, my focus was still on the suit and pocket square. He did this very well. Cheers mate.

 

Blogger Meagan! said ... (11:38 PM) : 

I think the fact that this man is wearing a matching plaid blazer and trousers (suit) shows he is quite capable of coordinating, and whether the non-matching belt/shoe combo was intended or not, he's pulling it off which is what really matters. Coming from one of those slightly compulsive belt/shoe matchers, I actually don't mind this look. =)

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (11:40 PM) : 

I don't mind the belt/shoes combo...but I just can't get past the skinny plaid pants.

 

Blogger Andre Gorr said ... (11:53 PM) : 

in our recent summer temps around 27-30C, its really feels cool when you go sockless... i cant wear flip-flops at work (business type), but linen shirt, jacket and pants, braided/woven loafers sockless let you feel like wearing nothing... wash your "dogs" everyday, and them wont stink at all.... believe me...
PS - guy has a style! but i'd wear black or dark brown shoes.... the rest is perfect

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

i agree with jason. if you want do multiple plaids, don't just wear 2, wear 3 or 4 of them. if you want to do blue and black, wear only those colors and in the darkest shads you can muster. if you don't want to match your belt to your shoes, fine, but it better be the ritziest thing on the block. to break the rules with class, you have to shatter them.

ryan

 

Blogger Paulina said ... (11:59 PM) : 

I'm no fashionista (I would like to think I am, but the truth is I am not) but.....for me, this look works. no? Those shoes aretadiefor.

Paulina

 

Blogger Singapore Short Stories said ... (12:17 AM) : 

He does look a little like George Clooney :)

 

Anonymous naomi shon said ... (12:21 AM) : 

haha. its great

 

Anonymous naomi shon said ... (12:22 AM) : 

haha its great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 AM) : 

I honestly hate when people match their shoes to their belts!

I always love to match my belt to my bag or another item in my outfit. Shoes should be something that pop and stand on their own!

 

Anonymous TomorrowsInspiration said ... (12:50 AM) : 

Now that you point it out it is annoying that the shoes and belt don't match. He looks great though.

 

Blogger The Purple Boot said ... (12:58 AM) : 

I really enjoy the whole look for a number of reasons. The plaid and scarf (or really tie in my opinion. Anything that skinny is not substantial enough to be a scarf, but I digress) really show a creativity and ease with himself. It's like saying; 'I know these things don't match. I don't care. Why should you?'

As for the belt and shoe issue. I think the shoe is a wonderful touch. It's like the pop-of-color idea, only taking it a more mature level. Great scouting!

thepurpleboot.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Gstar said ... (1:55 AM) : 

well, that's the latest style in Italy - although beeing perfect about their style ususally, they combine a certain relaxation when they do not have the proper accessory handy. This guy shows so much self concience that it totally looks like he intended to not match shoes and belt

 

Blogger christy said ... (2:26 AM) : 

I don't understand why brown and black really don't match. I liked when it was a trend this past fall and I think it works if you just look at them both as neutrals. This man is so awesome because of his assertive stare, light shirt underneath a beautiful plaid and the much-buzzed-about scarf.

 

Blogger Brightlightwarriornika said ... (2:46 AM) : 

dOESN'T bother me. He looks very handsome and more.

 

Blogger Arushi Khosla said ... (3:09 AM) : 

I actually like those shoes!

 

Blogger Mr Brown said ... (3:12 AM) : 

No socks, double ring belt, pocket hank.

Proper pick & mix.

Which should apply to rules too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 AM) : 

a brown belt especially one the colour of the shoes would have stood out even more than the black belt. the closest colours to it were black and blue. It actually help keep the look seamless. I would love to know who made the suit.

personally I can't stand the shoes without socks thing. maybe Italian men can pull it off but not this fellow.

 

Blogger NIGEL NO TRENDS said ... (4:22 AM) : 

Shoes with no socks equals tinea. The pant has a great cut.

 

Blogger fikrifayi said ... (4:35 AM) : 

that's totally cool!

 

Blogger Bobby Humphrey said ... (4:39 AM) : 

Everything the gentlemen is wearing is according to the suit etiquette; the pocket-square, the openend sleeve buttons, the shorter pants with fold and especially the sleeve length of the jacket, showing just a little bit of shirt. So why not match the shoes with the belt? Did he forget just as we did when we looked at his outfit?

 

Anonymous Jamaicanista said ... (4:39 AM) : 

Ugh...tastemakers dont follow the rules of fashion. So what if his shoes don't match his belt, he's not in a board meeting! The man's wearing the hell outa that outfit! Stylin!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 AM) : 

the no socks thing, indeed.

mocassins are good for no socks & summer.

these here shoes ain't. believe you me!

they are mid-season suede monkstraps, meant to be worn with socks (I can guarantee you, your feet will boil after two hours in Florence in summer walking in those shoes, and the sweat will eat through the inner sole, unless there are socks to do some serious absorbing here)

so, bottom line is: the man does have an interesting look, but he's trying too hard to impress here.

trying so hard it makes me sweat.

ciaofromMilan

 

Blogger Pearl Westwood said ... (5:27 AM) : 

The shoes don't match his outfit sure, but they match him, so it works. The colours in that plaid are beautiful.
http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/2009/08/cirque-de-chanel.html

 

Blogger C. said ... (6:09 AM) : 

The colours are so perfectly blended here, I don't think that it matters at all that the shoes are brown whilst the belt is black. If he had chosen leather shoes, then perhaps it would have looked worse, but I personally love to mix black and brown all the time (albeit with no other colours)

Great blog, Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 AM) : 

The black belt adds sleekness of the look. A brown one would have added girth. Optimally, he should have gone beltless with this look.

Very nice plaid by the way. Navy/dark gray is such a beautiful combination.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:56 AM) : 

Oh MY! Braveheart resurrected in 2009. All we need is a swathe of woad across the forehead and he would be a modern day warrior who could traipse across the heather with me. Only trouble is those wretched pale little ankles poking out from those ever so slightly too short trewsers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 AM) : 

I would mug him for his shoes although I would then have to spend some bucks at the cobbler to get them polished nicely. No, actually I wouldn't mug him for his shoes as his bare feet are becoming his shoes via osmosis.

The suit is gorgeous and the pants would have worked very well even with a bit more length to the legs. SIngle pleats on the pants would have been the go.

The fact his belt doesn't match the shoes in colour is his interpretation of sprezzatura.

Well done, I say.

-Pietro

 

Blogger Hek said ... (7:14 AM) : 

Such a nice suit, I like that the plaid isn't too drastic. Also like blue and brown together.

 

Blogger sofiasophie said ... (7:16 AM) : 

This man is simply envoutant....
I love the look, the pose.
tellement viril et stylé!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

This is a great look, I really hope that the plaid suit comes back especially if it is done as well as this is. As far as the shoes and belt if you didn't notice Scott then I don't think it's that big a deal. I have to admit I didn't notice until you pointed it out too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 AM) : 

breaking the rules... (in a smart way)

 

Anonymous RJC said ... (8:11 AM) : 

I don't care at all about the belt. This guy is hot and can probably wear anything and look good. thanks for the morning inspiration.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (8:14 AM) : 

I don't really care if it's matching or not. Just like you've mentioned...if it's not distracting...it works!
The belt matches the colour of his suit though. :) And the shoes matches with the background. So it's actually a perfect picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

Has he got small socks? Here in Spain they are called "pikys", what´s the word in English?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Confident handsome man wearing interesting suit and beautiful shoes. For me though, it's an autumn look needing socks. Or, same shoes bare ankles and a lighter tone suit. I'm feeling too hot (temperature-wise) looking at it.

Haven't you anti-ankle people discovered invisibly lowcut socks yet? What is the fuss?

 

Blogger Rachel @ The Haute Notes said ... (8:44 AM) : 

I didn't notice the belt and shoes were mismatched until I read your comment. I don't mind it. I think I would have preferred he wore black shoes. However, black and brown are both neutrals so they work together.

Overall it's a great look. He looks great in that plaid!

 

Anonymous holly said ... (9:03 AM) : 

I think he rocks his entire syle

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (10:04 AM) : 

I love love this mix-navy blue and brown

 

Blogger sarawithoutanh said ... (10:52 AM) : 

I never match my shoes to my belt/bag. I think it's dorky, but I am a woman. Is it different with men?

 

Blogger Kwil said ... (10:58 AM) : 

I think had the belt matched, it would have chopped the outfit in half. I like that the belt blends in and does not detract from the plaid.

Love this look. Very cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Right. There are (very) low cut sockie thingees that you can wear to achieve the "no sock" look while avoiding the smelly shoes that would normally come with it. Vans makes some called "no show ped socks" for their classic low cut sneakers and I imagine other companies do too. i'd recommend them if you're into the no sock look.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:26 AM) : 

I'm against belt/shoe coordination. This works for me.

 

Anonymous AAGoodman said ... (11:32 AM) : 

I want to look like this guy when I get older. Thanks for the shot!

Austin

 

Blogger thwany said ... (12:03 PM) : 

i think it all depends on the execution. this guy has obviously done it really well, but it could also look really bad if done wrong.

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (2:29 PM) : 

matching would perhaps be better

but the belt is thin and sort of invisible

I think he didn't want a lighter belt that would take away from the glory of the trousers and their contrast with the light shirt

 

Anonymous Mehrasax said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Yes, I would match the shoes with the belt.

 

Blogger Giovanna said ... (6:26 PM) : 

I just found your blog and I'm speachless! Amazing photography and fashion! Bravo!!
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Stamos said ... (8:00 PM) : 

The belt/shoes doesn't matter.
What matters is that the pants look 2 sizes smaller than the jacket and shirt. The proportion is just wrong.

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (10:30 PM) : 

DAMN that's a great fit on those pants

 

Blogger Danny Choy said ... (1:17 AM) : 

always admired monk straps. well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

yeah, Mehrasax, but a belt that matched his shoes would have said: "Look, this is how far off the ground my arse is." And sometimes you just don't want people to know.

This way the look is more homogeneous, it gels and resonates positively with the universe AND the planets.

-Pietro

 

Anonymous Steven TKS said ... (5:45 AM) : 

It really doesn't bother me if someone has a black belt with brown shoes or vice versa. I think so long as it's subtle, then you can get away with almost anything. Confidence prevails.

tightknitsweats.com

 

Blogger Cal at Northern Sky Knitting said ... (6:54 AM) : 

aam an 'Anglo' and,you know, i cant remember the last time I saw any guy in a plaid suit!!!!!!!
Is your conception a bit like the idea that French men always wear stripey sweaters and berets,the Germans always wear lederhosen, or the Dutch always wear clogs (although admittedly I did once see a gorgeous jong heer wearing jeans turned up about 6 inches, with old wooden klompen, at Leiden centraal station - better than in sounds, believe me.

 

Blogger Cal at Northern Sky Knitting said ... (6:56 AM) : 

My previous comment was made in replyto Anonymous's comment!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

I too sport the sockless look, and for the most part have grown accustomed to the inherent discomfort. The suede however, brings this to a whole new dimension, and even I would think his feet are begging to be set free!

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (8:57 AM) : 

i wish i had enough confidence to pull off the slacks without socks look. this guy is doing a fantastic job!

 

Blogger kat said ... (10:28 AM) : 

all can sport the sockless look-though mild discomfort is a problem. usually i just wear tiny little socks that were made just for that problem

 

Blogger Melanie said ... (12:08 PM) : 

that's a great suit!!!

 

Blogger Euromongrel said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Something about the suede shoes with no socks just rubs me the wrong way. Otherwise he's fine. Seriously, do belts have to match shoes? I hope we don't go back to the days of matching white shoes & belt from the '60s that carried over way too far into the'70s with some folks. They permanently ruined turtlenecks for a lot of people.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

This suit is killer. Wow! Matching your accessories seems like a very dated concept that last mattered in the 80's.

 

Anonymous eHaberdasher.com said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I'd also have agree with some others that suede shoes are better left for winter. They look too heavy with the cottony plaid suit in my opinion.

_____________________
www.eHaberdasher.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

With so much good going on (love the plaid), one hates to nit-pick, but...
could the pocket square be a little more prominent? the pants are too tight and too short, especially for a suit, and especially for someone not in his 20's. and suede shoes in summer with no sox? if he toned these elements down he'd be doing himself a favor.

 

Blogger bird of light said ... (5:16 AM) : 

Stunning. that shade of blue and the suit fabric is reflective, and to die for! The shoes dress it down, a little, which I think is appropriate. nice work.

 

Anonymous Nicole said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I like the fit and length of the pants.

 

Anonymous Elliott Banfield said ... (3:20 PM) : 

This guy needs spats; blue, to match his shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

ah! I would never have noticed the problematic belt/shoe coordination had you not mentioned it. It's so irksome, and unfortunately, all I can see.

http://wrappedtight.livejournal.com

 

Blogger swilek said ... (9:31 PM) : 

at least the shoes match the ground!!! hehehe!

 

Anonymous Debarge said ... (10:23 PM) : 

omg the shoes are amazing! i reckon he wanted them to be centre of attention, hence the dark belt.
and anyway i hate when shoes and belt match in a smart-casual outfit - so good on mr plaid!

 

Blogger Tim McFarlane said ... (10:27 PM) : 

I looked at this photo at least three times before I even really noticed the non-matching belt and shoes. There's no need for them to match at all, this just works. The pants might be a little too tight, but the over all look is great.

 

Blogger Marcy Carmack said ... (1:39 AM) : 

LOVE love.

 

Blogger Ashlee said ... (2:21 AM) : 

bingo

 

Anonymous concupiscence said ... (6:12 AM) : 

i think they work better unmatched for the entire look.

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (3:56 PM) : 

I'm not really a huge fan of this look, actually. I think I like all the concepts - the skinny dark summer plaid suit, the suede shoes, and the belt/shoe thing doesn't really bother me - but there's kind of a foppish quality about it that I find unappealing. it almost feels...sleazy, in a way, or pimpish.

 

Blogger ian/thoreauly77 said ... (10:50 PM) : 

it depends. i would be willing to bet that he is wearing a brown and silver watch, and if so, all is right in the universe of unwritten outfit matching rules.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Summer Plaid ! With all due respect, Mr. Schuman, the only sign of summer on this gentelman is his tan suede shoes . Winter Plaid is more like it.

 

Blogger southerngentinL.A. said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Well done.

 

Blogger BadKittenOnARampage said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Hey, y'all! You may not remember him, but this gent has already made quite the style hit (or miss, depending on your view) on these pages, here:

Street Color Trim: Florence

I had well remembered him from the first photo, for his fabulous no-socks/shorter pants length/tan skin/silver accessories look (not to mention, I LOVED his sand suede with orange trim shoes - as I do these brown suede ones) . . . he is a most excellent example of style indeed!

 

Blogger Tony Post No Bills | Washington DC said ... (3:16 PM) : 

I love that the plaid suit is making the comeback. I'm a big fan of the brown suede monk strap shoes + showing some cuff. Preferably I would've chosen a lighter tone pocket square but being that this is plaid it works. I'm not a fan of a white shirt, that would be cool too. It almost seems like a common theme in Florence is a move away from the basic white shirt to the blue collar blue solid shirt. This is what style is about. You also have to appreciate the chain. I see the hoopla about the belt alot but from a stance appreciating the play on tones I commend the choice.
-Tony Post No Bills

 

Anonymous Oli said ... (6:20 AM) : 

This is a phenomenal outfit.

Oh plaid, I'm in love with you.

 

Blogger Zevaa said ... (4:31 AM) : 

I didn't recognize the belt-shoes problem till you mentioned, so I think they can work well. Love his outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

I love his style...

 

Blogger TheFashionAddict said ... (2:05 PM) : 

He is very chic. Personally I don't really believe in matching but I'm sure it can be done with taste

 

Anonymous teresagal said ... (9:35 PM) : 

love the shoes

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting