This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Striped Right, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

On the Street......Striped Right, Florence

Comments on "On the Street......Striped Right, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Che bello!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

He looks as if he escaped from three different nautically themed prisons. The individual elements are great. Putting them together is a disaster.

 

Blogger Roman Dennis said ... (9:48 AM) : 

loving all the stripes this man is looking good !

www.fashionwhatsnext.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Fantastic - witty and fun -

 

Anonymous Chris K. said ... (9:54 AM) : 

No.

 

Blogger Lance Miller said ... (9:57 AM) : 

WOW!! I'm glad the shirt is solid white :) Amazing jacket, great fit and I like those pockets.Great tie also. You know how European and American striped ties are different? If the stripes are tilted (not horizontal, neither vertical) than they go from left to right or the opposite way)Snobs in Europe used to wear American striped ties and American snobs those from Europe :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:01 AM) : 

hold it blue tiger!!!
thats not confortable to see
Im loving the pants though!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

This is nuts. I love it!

 

Blogger LivingGolden said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Hmmm. Works in the photgraph, but I'm not sure I'd love it in real life.

 

Anonymous Aaron VIII said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Haha...ok sorry but this guys trousers remind me of reading Asterix & Obelix comics when i was a kid.
Though the blazer/tie combo I don't mind

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:07 AM) : 

fashion is more than style, more than funny or attitude. it is confort, is being ok with ourselves. can you see it in that man???

 

Blogger charlotte elizabeth said ... (10:07 AM) : 

yes yes yes.

 

Anonymous Lisette said ... (10:08 AM) : 

How fresh and fun! Looks like this gentleman might have a pretty healthy sense of humour...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Wow!!! Dazzling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

DAMN!!!!!!
Perfection. Don't try this at home or anywhere else.


gladman

 

Anonymous Dan said ... (10:18 AM) : 

This is more confused than anything else, to my eye. He has used distinctive patterns (to a degree of separation) but had to do so with a shade of color. And frankly, those pants are anything but complementary.

To boot there is no consistency or unison in the accessories from what we see (can not see shoes / socks).

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:21 AM) : 

He manages to pull of so many stripes all together! I love it so much! Hahahahahahaha! Kind of looks funny but addicting! Wow! Loving the pants and the tie a ton! He looks like an incredibly trendy scholar!
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

An interesting coincidence: so many people at my workplace wearing stripes today, including myself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

My kind of individual, dare to be bold while still using elements of classic pattern

 

Blogger Filipe said ... (10:26 AM) : 

This look is very difficult.
If it weren’t the trousers, he’d almost pull it off. It is somehow reminiscent of an ice cream seller.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

hmm i actually really love his glasses and hair. the stripes, i would have done away with one piece, prob the pants. wait, is the belt striped too?

 

Blogger Polkadot said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Oh no, as an outfit I think sometimes less is more, but somehow this man's face makes the whole outfit ok..

And of course the combination of blue tones with the bright sun in this photo are beautiful!

 

Blogger Miiicha said ... (10:34 AM) : 

FRESH looking! :D

 

Anonymous A said ... (10:37 AM) : 

That's just silly. But not plain silly, obviously.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

No, sorry, lose one of the 3 striped pieces, preferably the pants.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:46 AM) : 

totally.

 

Blogger kschnaks said ... (10:48 AM) : 

fantastic. I only wish I could see what book he was reading!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Maaaaayyyybeee if the pants were the jacket and vice-versa.. then maybe

S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

I liked it til I got to the pants. Hum-m. They are so tight and so LOUD. Then I noticed his jacket looked shrunken. Are the pants high-water? What's on his feet? Trying too hard and a little clownish. But he himself is cute, I like his hair which points down at his nice face and unobstrusive glasses finishing with the chin whiskers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Very brave in pushing boundaries. Each item is nice but total combo is silly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

ahhhh too much too much

 

Blogger tree said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Much though I love your photography, and the people depicted therein, it very much seems that fashion doesn't care what age you are, as long as you're thin.

I dont like this look, I feel he should've gone for a block colour tie rather than continued with the stripes. Maybe I'm just not daring enough.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I know he is doing everything by the book in terms of the stripes being of different weights and all, but I still dont like this. I like the jacket and the tie, but separately. Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous anAlbaninan said ... (11:06 AM) : 

what the fudge, never seen so many stripes at once, oh yeah i remeber this one time, at the discovery chanel, ZEBRAS GONE WILD! thanks Scott

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:07 AM) : 

A little bit too much! But he does look very happy. If your clothes make you happy - go for it!:-)))

 

Blogger I'm a mean street kid. said ... (11:10 AM) : 

so many stipes, so nautical. i love it!

 

Blogger The Khaki Crusader said ... (11:18 AM) : 

haha the combination is a bit crazy, but that jacket is absolutely beautiful.

 

Anonymous DE said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Too much going on

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Gorgeous! So bright, summery, and cheery! He has done the stripes perfectly.

 

Blogger najeewilson said ... (11:28 AM) : 

This work extraordinarly well. It has a joy that is perfect for the summer.

 

Blogger Kristen said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Can't say I love it, but I love that he's doing his own thing.

http://sexxontoast.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous orientexpress said ... (11:39 AM) : 

WOW! What a brave beautiful man :)

 

Blogger Magdalena said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Love those stripes! Makes me think of the song "I got stripes" from Johnny Cash. I got stripes, stripes around my shoulders..."

 

Blogger Mod Paul said ... (11:41 AM) : 

It kind of all works but the Tie. Fun but a wee bit to much. But this is coming from a man that wears madras shirts with tiny Thom Browne seersucker shorts. HaHa. However I do like his look for the most part.

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (11:42 AM) : 

How is it possible? That amount of stripes must be nearly impossible to pull off and he did it.. Awesome!

Ruhvana

 

Anonymous hannyb said ... (11:44 AM) : 

My first thought was "Hell no."

Then I read all the comments, good and bad, scrolled back up for a second peek, and found myself laughing. This outfit brings out emotions in me.

First surprise, then amusement, then delight.

 

Blogger Philip Bewley said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Very OP Art, Hockney kinda thing going on. I like the preppie vibe turned on its head in the 21st century. Not for everyone, but he carries it off!

 

Blogger american dream said ... (12:02 PM) : 

awesome!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

That anyone can possibly dislike this vexes me. Why should fashion remain a stoic quest to present oneself as a purportedly modernist abstract phenomenon, rather than to provide sensual excitement, open-mindedness, and a refreshing passion for what may come, not what has already been qua such strong adherence to the rules and inclinations we've inherited but tend to believe our own good taste?

There are no boundaries outside of your mind.

The yellow belt with those pants is richly evocative of something in my childhood. I love the jarring effect of the tie. Downright visceral.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Good for him. At least he's not genuflecting to what everyone around him expects him to wear. He's wearing everything nautical that he owns in a bodacious affront against conformity.

That... or he's picked a fight with a mariner and dressed the part accordingly or he's trying to impress a mermaid... who knows?!

Regardless... each individual item is stunning on its own merits.

-Pietro

 

Blogger Julie [Plums for Breakfast] said ... (12:11 PM) : 

I like to think that this man is one of the coolest professors in the world. I don't know what I think he's teaching, but I would love to have him for class.

Bravo.

 

Blogger Cristi Silva said ... (12:16 PM) : 

His hair.. the color of his hair is amazing.

 

Blogger Philippe said ... (12:20 PM) : 

He looks great, very nice geometrical game indeed!

Philippe
www.punkgeisha.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

I like how his eyebrows follow the contours of his shoulders.

-Pietro

 

Blogger Isabelle Lafleche said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Oh my god! I LOVE this! I wish Canadian men would dress like this!!!

 

Blogger Del C ... ★ said ... (12:35 PM) : 

nice and stripy !

Question: I just discovered your blog now.. do you randoly go up to people that have a fahionable outfit and ask if you can take a picture of them ?


xxx

 

Blogger D said ... (12:38 PM) : 

1 or 2 of these striped pieces I think would be great. All three together and the effect is comical.

 

Blogger hc said ... (12:44 PM) : 

only the retired can pull this off. the book in mid-day tells me he's earned it, or inherited it.

 

Blogger Alan Nei said ... (12:47 PM) : 

honestly, too much stripes
precious pieces but not together...ll be better one piece like that with one solid colour...
one big hug
alan nei
www.visiondeluxe.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Funky...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

oh wow, it does take some courage to pull off that look :) wonderfully done, my hat off to you mister :)

 

Blogger Candace said ... (1:01 PM) : 

What a pleasant smile!

 

Blogger CW said ... (1:07 PM) : 

The look doesn't work. The pants with a white shirt works. The jacket with matching or solid blue pants works, even with the tie (I would prefer a different tie). The black and white (dark navy and white?) tie would work with lots of different jackets, shirts and pants. All these stripes together do not work.

However, this outfit could be occupational wear. I think I saw about 15 men dressed this way come out of a SmartCar in the center ring.

 

Blogger Jullie Alonso said ... (1:09 PM) : 

love blue stripes!!!
super navy

kiss
=**

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Ok..not sure about this. Excess is good in some cases (i.e. the chain necklaces at Givenchy a few seasons ago), but this just looks silly.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:15 PM) : 

Gotta love a person so willing to go against the grain, so willing to go boldly where few would tread, so willing to rock Barnum and Bailey chic.

He is a handsome dude nonetheless and I like that he threw in a yellow belt just to add a bit of excitement to an otherwise dull outfit.

 

Blogger TERI REES WANG said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Well, his expression shows him to be pleasantly content.

 

Blogger SOMETHING PICASSO said ... (1:28 PM) : 

May be overkill, but I like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

I'm all in on over doing it like this. It's fun and it's fabulous!

 

Anonymous Dawne said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Stripes = happiness!

 

Blogger sd said ... (1:40 PM) : 

that's a lot of lines
but i think it looks really good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

I don't know, this outfit seems all wrong but this man is pulling it off. I think under the right circumstances and within the right crowd of people (who appreciate avante garde fashion) this works. For the rest of us, we'd just look like clowns!

 

Blogger Enjoys daydreaming. said ... (1:44 PM) : 

i love how sparkling white his hair is but he doesn't look old at all!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

BRILLIANT! I don't even know him, but I adore him already. :) Why in the world don't more people throw caution and conformity to the winds and have this much fearless fun with their clothes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

My PC screen just blew up!

Mind you, it made me smile...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

I absolutely love all of this! I love stripes and just can't get enough of all the stripes in his outfit!

 

Blogger michelle said ... (2:20 PM) : 

wow i'd never think that this look all together would work. but he really pulled it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Two out of three; I think the pants don't work as well as the jacket and tie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

stripes means fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

stripes means fun!

 

Blogger Charles said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Nothing that I would care to attempt, however I can not help but be curious about the story behind this gentleman.

The photograph is amazing. You managed to find a background with almost exactly the same palette as the subject!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

I was diggin' it until I scrolled down to the pants. Too too much. If he had worn the pants that go with the suit.....that would be a different story. He's really handsome in any case!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

he's got balls, that's for sure

 

Blogger J. said ... (3:20 PM) : 

I've never seen such a mish mash of stripes work so beautifully together!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Funny, cute? Yes. Good style? No.

 

Anonymous Maria Pena said ... (3:44 PM) : 

I also love the colour combination. The different tones of blue are great and I love the details of the yellow belt and red notebook. Great smile!

 

Anonymous taytay0106 said ... (3:48 PM) : 

that's fabulous.

 

Blogger nickythekid said ... (4:03 PM) : 

neat-O

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Awesome!!!! Never thought of it, prolly won't be able to pull it off, but really inspiring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

awesome look and I'd love to steal the jacket, it's fantastic and so versatile!

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (4:21 PM) : 

This looks a tad bit carnivalish, but he has such a sweet face, that I can't help but smile! :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:25 PM) : 

Although I wouldn't personally wear this outfit, it does get me thinking about why it works.

Although the pants and jacket both use vertical lines, they are of different width and size and color so you keep the distinctiveness between them. The tie stripes are similar in size to the jacket, but because they're horizontal, it stands out.

You get a lot of stripes, but they are all distinct enough to break the outfit into it's components parts and it just works. If you didn't, you'd get one giant mess of confusion.

 

Blogger Ljubica said ... (4:39 PM) : 

wow, that is so hard to pull off.. but he most definitely did!
love this shot

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (4:48 PM) : 

REALLY???

 

Blogger Hayley said ... (4:53 PM) : 

WOW.
how he pulled this off? i have no idea. but it looks amazing.

 

Blogger jcrew guy in Canada said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Way too circus, under the big top for me. While the top half works nicely; it's the pants that scream "In the center ring ...".

Just cover up the bottom half of the photo and it's wonderful.

 

Anonymous Danny Pagano said ... (4:57 PM) : 

On their own, each of these elements would look great, but all together they seem a bit over the top.

But that isn't what this outfit is about. This is purely for the fun of it, and in that sense its wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I think the grey hair helps him ull it off--on anyone younger, it would look joke-y and clownish. I love it!

 

Anonymous Sad eyed lady of the lowlands said ... (5:06 PM) : 

I love it when people manage to be elegant and distinct while still being fun, surprising and sweet. Fashion should also be about having fun, about creativity, about fantasies, dreams and escapes.

It should (also) be about having fun with what you wear and showing that you enjoy being who you are. About pleasing yourself before pleasing anyone else.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

I love his stripey pants

 

Anonymous :D said ... (5:10 PM) : 

The pants came straight out from an Obelix outfit.

 

Blogger Christina said ... (5:13 PM) : 

I am loving the older Asian men that you have had pics of lately...they are too sexy!

fridayswithcilantro.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Joseph Rudi Pielichaty said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I love it! Its quirky and witty and pulled together with his lovely skin tone and confident smile. I am one hundred percent adding the tie to a wish list!

Joseph

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:19 PM) : 

carnaby st meets Tom Wolfe uhg

Shouldn't Brian Jones be wearing those pants

 

Blogger happyliza said ... (5:28 PM) : 

What a dare devil XDXD!!!

 

Blogger Ardella Williams said ... (5:32 PM) : 

I really like this. The way my eye keeps moving looking at more layers, colors, and dimension. It's really incredible how well this works especailly with his personailty coming through.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

Mr. Cool Mailman Shorts?

 

Anonymous olafgermany said ... (5:38 PM) : 

One word: AWNINGS ! I like stripes...but here...a liitttle tooo much ?!

 

Blogger Moucheamode said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Usually I don't like striped-on-striped but here each clothe has different style, diferent color and the melt is awesome !

 

Blogger Maddie said ... (6:05 PM) : 

I love it :)

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Wow, I don't know he does it, but he pulls that off splendidly!

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (6:10 PM) : 

oh my goodness he is so cute. he looks like he has a very good sense of humor. love

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

YESSS! This guy rules! My eyes lit up like a child's when I saw this, so it's quite alright with me :).

 

Blogger Friend in Fashion said ... (6:56 PM) : 

I really like this photo and love the shirt, jacket & tie together!

 

Blogger Pili said ... (6:59 PM) : 

The stripes are cool, and he can definitely pull them off, but what I love is the little bit of yellow peeking through on his belt. I find the shirt would belong better with a business suit than with this outfit. Maybe it needs to be made of a more raw cotton, or linen?

 

Anonymous sandeee said ... (7:18 PM) : 

WOW inspiring!especially considering age! Very good. I would love to see more brightness like this in Melbourne!!

 

Blogger Menucha photography said ... (7:38 PM) : 

The photo is excellent, and the outfit is all wrong; pieced together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM) : 

NOTICE: Blue and white stripes do not necessarily equal nautical. How many of you actually go out sailing anyway? I sense other things that are narrow here.

That being said, I wish you'd published a full body portrait so we can see how his pants (which may or may not be from Adam Kimmel's SS09 collection) lengthen his legs. My imagination tells me it would have been a very interesting effect.

-AM

 

Anonymous Bombshell Kitten said ... (7:59 PM) : 

Stripes, stripes, stripes! Seeing this makes me want him to give him a big hug, he's just incredible.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:03 PM) : 

this is a very bold way to do stripes! I quite like it actually, but I'm not sure whether I'd have the guts to try something simmilar.

talitasbuble.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Love + Cake said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I feel like this is just TOO much stripe for me. Wow. I really like the pants, actually...but just...wow, stripes, hahaha.

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (9:22 PM) : 

that is a lot of stripes. it takes a real man to pull that off! ;)

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (10:40 PM) : 

I love this! The stripes in different sizes and colors are so fun! I love stripes. clothedmuch.blogspot.com

 

Blogger styleandsubstance said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Is this the same guy who wore the mailman shorts a few weeks back and made it look so damn cool? Don't really like where his head is at with this one, but I still bet he is a BALL to hang out with.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

nice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

this is insanely gorgeous!!
am freaking in love, all over the stripes (have been die hard fan of stripes since forever!!)

kudos to the stylish man, dandy is so IN! :-)

 

Anonymous Emma Howard said ... (12:05 AM) : 

I could see him wearing samurai uniform so easily,holding sword in lieu of book.He has powerful energy.

 

Blogger F. said ... (1:32 AM) : 

Too many stripes...but he looks great, and very happy.
So all good for him :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 AM) : 

i like the tie and the jacket, but i would prefer a plain navy trousers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 AM) : 

This is much too much for my taste. It seems distracting rather than fashionable.

 

Anonymous kismet said ... (3:09 AM) : 

It's all about attitude and he definitely carry it off! I definitely admire his individuality!

 

Blogger Lucy in the Sky said ... (3:34 AM) : 

WOW! Love the stripes...love his smile!

 

Anonymous T-Minus said ... (3:35 AM) : 

This man can get away with as many stripes as his stripety striped self desires, it's all about the person, not the clothes. Can't wait to see him do dots!

 

Blogger Firre said ... (3:50 AM) : 

Very cool! Loving it!

 

Blogger Zfromdagalaxy said ... (4:12 AM) : 

I really scare to wear so much stripes! this guy is awesome, I think it's me in the great future )

 

Blogger thwany said ... (4:38 AM) : 

less is more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 AM) : 

Somehow nice on a photo. Ridiculous on the street.

 

Anonymous http://twentyfirstavenue.blogg.se/ said ... (5:00 AM) : 

cool blogg.
love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 AM) : 

dizzy.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:21 AM) : 

Fabulous!

 

Blogger Spardha Malik said ... (6:59 AM) : 

oh its so fun... but only in a photo.. i wud never like it in person!
minus the trouser.. i guess i wud loove it!

www.itsuberchic.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

I am seeing stripes everywhere...Is an optic effect?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Not something I'd be putting all together, but this guy has 'It'.

 

Blogger 2morrowKnight's Awesome Blog said ... (8:30 AM) : 

I like it!

 

Blogger Agathe PHILBÉ said ... (8:31 AM) : 

Lewis Carrol kind of thing...

 

Anonymous Alex said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Amazing!He looks fantastic! The jacket is my favorite

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

I love it!! Only certain people could pull this off and I'm sure this guy has the personality to do it. I'm sure he would be a very interesting dinner companion. Each piece on its own, I love the jacket and the fit.

 

Blogger Sidney1978 said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Too many!!!! But if he's happy.... what a hell!

Not for me, it's sure.

 

Blogger taryn said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Fantastic! Beautiful picture as well with the blue behind tied in.

xx

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (12:19 PM) : 

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.angelesalmuna.com

 

Anonymous MOS Atelier said ... (2:07 PM) : 

The man has confidence, and could pull anything off.
An impeccable clown.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

in scrolling for today's new posts i came back to this. eeww! makes me cringe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

I can't believe someone can pull that off! WOW! :)

 

Blogger The Urban Huntress said ... (6:49 PM) : 

He's Hot! and I mean it!

 

Blogger .......... said ... (7:32 PM) : 

hypnotic! *smiling*

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (7:56 PM) : 

Omgosh He makes me happy...he put together an outfit made up of seperates from his rockstar days...it does rock for me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

BA-NA-NAS! in PA-JA-MAS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 PM) : 

cool.

 

Blogger Louise said ... (11:52 PM) : 

Thats a lot of stripe....my eyes hurt!!

 

Anonymous elisabeth said ... (12:08 AM) : 

perhaps your best fashion photo yet. it is all that - hypnotic, fun, perfect, inventive. we should all strive to be so creative and out-there with the way we present ourselves to the world.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 AM) : 

Wow, his outfit is a sunny day at the beach!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (3:01 AM) : 

I love this. He is so adorably joyful-looking. It makes me smile :).

 

Blogger ROB said ... (3:41 AM) : 

I LOVE IT! Its great to see someone actually dare to be stylish, not just "trendy". X

 

Blogger LUCKII LOOK said ... (4:13 AM) : 

wow!

 

Blogger Ali Jane said ... (7:57 AM) : 

Love it! The confidence shines through and somehow the three different blues work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

Interesting, but cosume-ish, not fashionable.

 

Blogger Sandra Centurión said ... (10:35 AM) : 

mmmmm....no

 

Blogger nintendopower said ... (11:42 AM) : 

this is the man with HUGE CALVES in another post!@#%$

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Quelle faute de goût !

 

Blogger B said ... (1:05 PM) : 

I am so in love with this picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

love it. love his expression too. its like "yeah i know what the **** im doing"

 

Blogger Noelle + Kendall said ... (2:08 PM) : 

So crazy and perfect!

www.fanseapants.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

This photo takes my breath away.

 

Blogger Forest City Fashionista said ... (8:48 PM) : 

I can see why people would say this is way too much, but it makes me smile, and you've got to have a sense of humour and great confidence to carry this off--the guy looks like he has both, and I would love to meet him for a coffee!

 

Blogger Haute Child in the City said ... (9:27 PM) : 

LOVE THIS. so bold.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 AM) : 

love the pants & belt.

 

Blogger Q. said ... (9:00 AM) : 

I love this!! It is perfectly cut, spare on excess details so that the stripes somehow work. I think his pared back grooming/hair/glasses etc make this work, too.

 

Blogger eloise in berlin said ... (11:24 AM) : 

love his daring! bravo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Too much, but I applaud his whimsy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I think people are trying way too hard to shock these days. I understand that style is about indivdual expression but if I saw this guy on the street I would think he was trying to prompt a reaction more than express himself through this outfit. This is ridiculous.

 

Blogger Urbane Legend said ... (2:54 PM) : 

The tie is great.

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (9:14 PM) : 

My eyes try to follow all the lines and become lost and confused.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Love the pants and I wish i could see his belt better. About the outfit, i dont think i would try it myself but he seems very confident and i give him props for being unique.

 

Anonymous Clarissa said ... (10:51 AM) : 

This picture made me laugh out loud with joy. What I love about your blog is the way you capture people who ROCK their looks and enjoy doing it. What they put together is not always my personal taste, but I always enjoy the view!

 

Anonymous by JOS said ... (10:58 AM) : 

this photo makes me happy!

joanna
http://simpleblueprint.typepad.com/

 

Anonymous clémence said ... (7:15 PM) : 

So many stripes... you must be sober to look at that pic!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 PM) : 

Works for three reasons: the variation in the width of the stripes, the fact that the stripes on the necktie are horizontal, the splash of yellow in the belt.

 

Anonymous EB Finds said ... (9:32 AM) : 

interesting....

 

Blogger William of Ockham said ... (12:57 PM) : 

This is what you get when you abuse stripes... Awful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

love it love it love it! this is style... the color combination is great! :)

 

Blogger candice said ... (11:25 PM) : 

i think it looks so good!!

 

Blogger yankeegrl506 said ... (8:51 AM) : 

I'm in love with this. It's amazing how all those bold stripes don't look overwhelming.

 

Blogger Finch McCoy said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Sweet. This fella knows what he is doing....I couldn't do it, and he almossssst can't but ever so close on the edge and looking good and having fun. I've admired his style for awhile with a smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 AM) : 

I think switching the fabrics would have worked best. The smaller lighter seersucker for the pants, and the bolder darker one for the jacket would have worked better. And I would get rid of the striped tie. He had it until he put that tie on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

He looks preatty damn cute for his age.Good dressed,sweet.I would show my dad this outfit:)Love it !

Kisses,
Medeea Voinea

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 AM) : 

Bold ensemble. Adore your very cool street fashion pics. Keep it up!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (1:59 PM) : 

I want to lie on him like a comfy beach chair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

Like the contrast level of his compection and the clothes. But the pants remind me of "the boy in striped pijamas". all i see is the pants insted of how gorgeous his old tan face with this white shirt.

 

Blogger sofia said ... (9:24 AM) : 

hahaha

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting