This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Dance Day Sunday, Governor's Island

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, June 14, 2009

On the Street......Dance Day Sunday, Governor's Island


Comments on "On the Street......Dance Day Sunday, Governor's Island"

 

Blogger Iris Absinthe said ... (8:26 AM) : 

Wow! Joy and happiness! Thank you so much for these pictures. Makes me smile!

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I wish I was there! I wanna see all the outfits!
Lucy =)

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (8:41 AM) : 

The guys' outfits are soooo amazing!! I would love to have been at this event and see them in person. I want a pair of saddle shoes now.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Blogger 50two said ... (8:53 AM) : 

the little details like the card on the hat!!
i even love what the woman in the background of the second picture is wearing haha

 

Blogger Jamie Jonathan Ball said ... (8:54 AM) : 

wow wow wow governers island! such great shots the last few days! Everyone should dance!

 

Anonymous Gwendolyn Gleason said ... (9:00 AM) : 

That looks fun and very Chic! The girls need some Hatitude Hats , headdresses or fascinators!

 

Blogger Sasha Miko said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I've been loving all of the colorful 20's shoes I've been seeing. Very elegant.

 

Blogger Nicci St. Bruce said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Ah this is lovely : )

 

Blogger blaqbird said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Where is this Governor's Island and how can I get there? And why are their clothes soooooo amazing?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:21 AM) : 

These pictures really brighten up my day!! Just to see people enjoying themselves is marvelous!!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kiki said ... (9:26 AM) : 

love the bowties...

 

Blogger Yusha said ... (9:29 AM) : 

MAN that boy is smokin!!! His outfit is FANTASTIC ....Her dress is stunning, the pearls compliment it soooooo well love...it!!

 

Blogger Rock'n Roll Ballerina said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Looks like their having fun! And so am I traveling the world through your photo's:) Keep it up!!

 

Blogger Cezara said ... (9:50 AM) : 

A perfect way to spend your Sunday. Let's twist again!

 

Anonymous Emily said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Where is Governer's Island? Is this an event/festival or is it 1920-1930s dress all the time?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

the gloves!

 

Blogger Bey said ... (10:21 AM) : 

These pictures are great! Love their clothes! They look so stylish! Is this some sort of event?

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (10:39 AM) : 

the best part about the 20's style clothing is that they compliment all shapes and sizes.

the best part about these photos is that they are so exuberant. they transcend 'fashion'.

i hope that the spirit of the roaring 20's get back to the u.s. soon

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Agree with the other comments, these photos make me smile :)
Love love love the guy's outfit in 2nd photo and the lady's shoes!

 

Blogger Rosie Unknown said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I love the crochet top and skirt in the first picture! The colour combo is amazing!

 

Blogger susannajulian said ... (11:04 AM) : 

That crochet lace dress - or is it a skirt + top? - is one of the raunchiest pieces of clothing I've seen in a long time! The cling, the weight of the skirt. I can see why she wore it to dance in, and I can see why he asked her to dance.

 

Blogger Hanna Persson said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I love the light in these photos, it's very warm!

 

Blogger SallyO said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Are you marooned on that island?

 

Blogger R.B. said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Very "Fred Astaire". Funny !

 

Blogger Molly Gertenbach said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I love the way the scarf is tied around her head, it's so adorable looking.

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (12:36 PM) : 

I love all the outfits in the second picture. The curly girl in the back has the greatest little vest! The guy is wow. I love the playing card-hat, the shoes, the suspenders.. Wow, once again.

 

Blogger Virginia de la Reynares said ... (1:33 PM) : 

These pictures make me wish I was there!

 

Blogger allabouteve said ... (1:35 PM) : 

beautiful couple

 

Blogger Melissa Blake said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Hi -- I've been meaning to tell you how much I love your blog. Great photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Governors Island is in the New York harbor, near Ellis Island. These photos were from their Jazz-Age Lawn party the other weekend--live music & dance, picnicking, etc. Great fun!

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (2:44 PM) : 

This makes me so happy. Love the outfits from the last photo.

 

Blogger Hélène Heath said ... (2:51 PM) : 

these pictures are so amazing, i love everything about them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

That guy, so complete!! And his cute dancepartner, and I love the look of the woman in the background. Looks like a lot of fun.

 

Blogger Bookworm said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Love the second couple! The head scarf, the dress, the hat, the suspenders, the shoes....Love it!

 

Blogger The Cupcake Stand said ... (4:45 PM) : 

i love the top couple! gorgeous!!!!!!!

http://cupcakestand.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger MM said ... (4:55 PM) : 

I just love all he governers island picture they're all so gorgeous (:

www.fashion-intervention.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (5:14 PM) : 

dance, dance, dance

 

Anonymous Diana said ... (5:22 PM) : 

From: http://www.govisland.com/Visit_the_Island

June 6th & 7th, Saturday and Sunday, all day: Michael Arenella and the Dreamland Orchestra Presents the Jazz Age Lawn Party
All weekend long, Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra will cast a magical spell of hot jazz and open-air merriment that will delight the whole family. This Jazz-Age Lawn party brings you back in time to the 1920s for a rollicking and delightful afternoon rendezvous of live music and dance, instruction in period dances, picnicking, and games. Admission is $5 each day (free for children under 5).

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:51 PM) : 

The great point about all these pictures is I felt curious about the place so I searched for it. Let me say "thank you" for the great discover I made.

 

Blogger Stacy said ... (6:42 PM) : 

these pictures are so full of life, i love it!
i especially adore the woman in the background of the second photograph

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous LMc said ... (7:05 PM) : 

How fun! Wish I had been there!

http://www.tomorrowsinspiration.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Patricia said ... (8:12 PM) : 

The man in the hat looks like one of the happiest people on earth. The softness of the light, the warm glow around them, it looks like the most beautiful place on earth. Thank you.

 

Blogger Chapstick Kills said ... (8:42 PM) : 

how cute are they?!

www.nonamenothings.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

These really are the most extraordinarily uplifting images. Each new image uploaded from this event has given me a joyous lift when I've opened the blog. Perhaps we should all wear clothes like this and dance every day.

 

Blogger Peter Breese said ... (9:47 PM) : 

Magnificent. Look like such fun!

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (10:17 PM) : 

Governor's Island truly is a magical spot. I love all the photos! The people in it are timeless which I love.

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (11:04 PM) : 

what!!! it's only $5 to get into these events...amazing to think that people pay sometimes hundreds of dollars for crappy entertainment.

hats off to everyone involved!

 

Blogger Celeste said ... (11:07 PM) : 

As always, BEAUTIFUL exposure.

I'm always super happy when you share your pictures from Governor's Island too. Lovely.

Thanks!

 

Blogger Linda Summerfield said ... (11:22 PM) : 

These look like stills from a beautiful film.

 

Blogger just.a.train said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Love the woman's outfit! The dress and the headdress would fit right into Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. I like the man's hat, especially with the ace of clubs card tucked at the brim.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

As a fellow swing-dancer, I definitely appreciate this post! Older people who dance always make me smile. I wanna be 86 and still swingin' and stylin'!

 

Blogger Bayley. said ... (2:18 AM) : 

They seem so happy and that makes me smile :)

www.notavailablesorry.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Batilou said ... (4:21 AM) : 

Beautiful pictures!!
I love the women's shirt and top, made with crochet I think!

Very nice blog!!

 

Anonymous Buy Annuity said ... (5:03 AM) : 

I am sure fans must have got impressed with this blog!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 AM) : 

Lovely pics.
They makes me smile :-)


MatsRG

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 AM) : 

I could fall in love with this guy just because of the card on his hat!
Gorgeous shot!

 

Blogger N▲hn▲ said ... (6:23 AM) : 

I love those pics. You'are just amazing!

http//www.nahnalovesfashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Un samedi... said ... (7:31 AM) : 

j'aimerais y être moi aussi!!!!!

 

Blogger Dr. Alex said ... (8:20 AM) : 

Wow! This is what I want to do for next year's vacation! Thanks to someone for posting, which "Governor's Island" these photos and event takes place at. Keep up the dancing!

http://medicinemanofnorwood.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

i have never seen a knee this big!
awesome!

 

Blogger Moody said ... (10:53 AM) : 

i recognize that dress, it's from H&M.

 

Anonymous Kate G. said ... (11:18 AM) : 

Thanks for the dance, Mr. S.
Real fashion, real time, and so much joy in the top shot. Great candid. Your Governor's Island photos continue to be an annual treat.

 

Blogger Maria Confer said ... (11:31 AM) : 

I so want to be where they are.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Thank you.....so natural, so fun and so fabulous, I love that she is wearing white sneakers and just a gorgeous couple.....some of your very best dance shots.....thank you so much!Now I want to go dance!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Why can't we dress/dance/live like this anymore? Why? Why? . . .

 

Blogger annika said ... (5:32 PM) : 

The first picture makes me so happy! It inspires me

 

Blogger Cobalt Violet said ... (7:12 PM) : 

Nothing I love more than a theme party and spectators just make me smile!

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (7:45 PM) : 

I'm a dancer!!! so these pictures are pure energy and inspire me!!!

 

Blogger Davina said ... (8:00 PM) : 

such lovely outfits! i love the photos you captured here. keep up the wonderful work.

 

Blogger M said ... (8:33 PM) : 

loved the card on his heat :D

 

Blogger Lucy in the Sky said ... (9:17 PM) : 

aw, these are lovely captures! love the moment :)

 

Anonymous the stylist said ... (10:09 PM) : 

I just love these!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 AM) : 

I am IN LOVE with the composition of the second shot. :)

 

Anonymous victoriakarkoulas said ... (1:42 AM) : 

I have fallen inlove with the 1st photo!

i love how they are in mid dance and he has such a wonderful smile!

Such a fabulous summer snap!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

Nice nostalgic pictures, but why we doesn't have pictures from Veuve Clicquot polo in gouvernor island?

 

Anonymous meg said ... (5:53 AM) : 

To me, the top picture is all about that gentleman's huge grin! He looks like he's having the time of his life... and is totally stylish to boot.

 

Blogger Alvin said ... (7:46 AM) : 

wow i love this image.

 

Blogger BuenoStyle said ... (2:47 PM) : 

So Inspiring! I'm off to make some long, lovely locket necklaces with knotted pearl I think . . .

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:15 PM) : 

These photos make me smile!
I can hear the music...and my feet are itching.
Beautiful compositions.

 

Blogger Kimolisa said ... (9:57 PM) : 

The older gentleman's smile is priceless. You can tell he is enjoying himself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 AM) : 

It's amazing how focused she is. Look at her eyes.

 

Blogger Miss Kin said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Put on your dancing shoes and dance the blues!

 

Blogger Sasha Kumeiko said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Just great! They are all 1920's. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 PM) : 

How wonderfully happy and alive! Yes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

H&M dress! love it :)

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (2:23 AM) : 

the looks are amazing. love them dancing.


Chicmuse



thechicmuse.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 AM) : 

The bow tie/spectator competition is fierce, but the older gent wins. The young gun should know better than to ruin good trousers with clip-on suspenders.

 

Anonymous by JOS said ... (2:44 AM) : 

my heart just smiled. great photos. great feeling.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:39 PM) : 

What great photos, Sart! You've really captured the moment here, people having all kinds of fun. Makes me want to be in a dance contest...

Olive

www.VisforOlive.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Charlene said ... (11:24 AM) : 

the first pic stopped me in my tracks. i felt, touched.

 

Anonymous c said ... (2:06 PM) : 

love the top couple, just look at her. I bet she's older than she looks like. She looks so.. happy. so does the man, but in a different way.

 

Anonymous Kathrin said ... (5:22 AM) : 

GREAT! PURE "LEBENSFREUDE". AND SO ELEGANT! WE SHOULD GO THROUGH LIFE THIS WAY.

 

Blogger klepto-modiac said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Everyone is so carefree, it's absolutely magical. :]




p.s. follow my blog!

 

Blogger Alexandra said ... (12:59 PM) : 

These are just great! I feel like you went back in time. I especially love the first couple, the woman's outfit is just delicious... it's rich in texture and color but looks so comfortable. And the man's smile and accesories top everything off perfectly!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Each year I look forward to the photos from this event. They're lovely, like always.

 

Anonymous simolino said ... (8:07 AM) : 

I LOVE EEEEEEEVERYTHING IN THIS PICTURE

 

Blogger Leslee said ... (5:03 PM) : 

These two photos are beautiful.

 

Anonymous Link Building said ... (5:46 AM) : 

Very nice blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 PM) : 

i read this site daily, and was just visiting it one day and notice the second picture! The kid with the card in the hat is someone i used to dance with and grew up with! This picture captures his style to a t!

 

Blogger Tara said ... (5:51 AM) : 

This is precious. Swing?

 

Anonymous sell annuity said ... (8:04 PM) : 

enjoy and happy

 

Anonymous Gregie said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Really nice :)

Learn to Dance!

 

Blogger Tara s Dolce Vita said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Wow! Makes me want to dress up and dance straight away!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting