This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Color Steps, Lower East Side

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On the Street......Color Steps, Lower East Side

Comments on "On the Street......Color Steps, Lower East Side"

 

Blogger Gülben said ... (9:48 AM) : 

simply perfect!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (9:50 AM) : 

love the explosion of colours !!

 

Blogger Cheryl Cato said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Love the color!!!

 

Anonymous Berlinessa_in_New_York said ... (9:52 AM) : 

This is beautiful. And has all my favorite colors. :-)

 

Blogger Fashionprincess said ... (9:53 AM) : 

mmmmm I love the colour :)
x <3 x

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (9:54 AM) : 

she looks like a child coloured her in, how wonderful!

i have a rug that's somewhat similar

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I love colors!!!! and this skirt is insane!!!!!crazy!!!!!:)

 

Blogger ana said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I love her glasses and her hole outfit!!!
and the contrast with that colors and the stairs, the door!!!
I like your photos very much

 

Anonymous Lydia said ... (10:02 AM) : 

A goddess! Like her skirt and glasses)) even like her blonde hair)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:02 AM) : 

wow ..love her

 

Anonymous Victoria Nordgren said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Beautiful, artisanal, Color-Wow!! Love this!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Call me boring, but when I see something like these pants I always think: what happens when you throw them in the wash or send them to the cleaners? I do like the colors, especially the purple shirt and the orange hat (gorgeous!). Are those the butterfly Prada shades? I think the bold girls that bought them and take good care of them are going to be very happy that they splurged, now and in the future! Jorge from WPB

 

Blogger nae said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I love the purple and the color mix with the skirt

 

Anonymous Rachel said ... (10:06 AM) : 

The skirt makes me happy. I love happy clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

I love the colors in this shot. Obviously, what she's wearing is really fun and carefree, but I also love the colors on the building behind her. Great work!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:19 AM) : 

I wish she were standing, so I can see the skirt better ;-)

 

Anonymous suzanne nelson said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Fantastic, this really makes me feel happy!

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (10:49 AM) : 

This is absolutely gorgeous. Inspiring - Perfect.
Makes me happy.

 

Blogger Shoestring Traveler said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Lovely composition. If you offered prints of this, I would buy......

 

Blogger pRiyA said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Wow! Now this is really unique and striking.

 

Blogger Crimsonite said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I wish I could pull off so much colour at once. The woman reminds of the Friends character, Phoebe, but older, particularly her style.

http://crimzonite-fashionhaven.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger THIS IS FASHION said ... (11:10 AM) : 

this photo is so pretty!!

xoxo Fabi!

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Wow! Talk about applying color well. The neutral colored shades and shoes couldn't be more perfect next to her neon and nearly neon colors.

 

Blogger BlumeBloom said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Her! Love her, want to be her! So very Bold and Wonderful!

 

Blogger pajarita said ... (11:57 AM) : 

gorgeous. It has been a while since I've really been inspired by a look that you've posted (this probably has something to do with the weather, seems like everyone starts to bust out their threads as soon as it gets warmer). While a chic, tailored, well designed look is impressive, I personally find an outfit more stunning when it is bold and creative dressing that is artfully done, without seeming like dress up or a costume. Bravo!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Gorgeous. The blouse and hat complement the colors in the skirt, even as they do not repeat them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Simply fabulous skirt.

 

Blogger Honeygo Beasley said ... (12:22 PM) : 

I want to make that skirt! I think I could ...

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (12:56 PM) : 

the colors are so gorgeous- not something you see often in this city full of black and neutrals!

 

Blogger Darla: Retro Ways said ... (12:58 PM) : 

Smashing photo I love the vibrant colors.
♥Darla

 

Blogger Shunshun said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Love at first sight. The color, the depth, the shades.

 

Anonymous The Stylist said ... (1:31 PM) : 

I love this... I want that skirt!!!

 

Blogger ava nore said ... (2:02 PM) : 

WOW

 

Anonymous Modern Dowager said ... (2:10 PM) : 

great photo--the colors and the composition, the stripes and the circles.

 

Blogger chula said ... (2:18 PM) : 

colors to the power...really our favorite style
www.chula.es

 

Anonymous Storm of London said ... (2:19 PM) : 

I love the colors. Awesome outfit!

 

Blogger pickupfashion said ... (2:19 PM) : 

just came back from the factory that is making for our new kidswear collection a whole theme with the idea of this skirt .

Happy to see it here!
it's going to be beautiful and it's coming soon!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

MUST HAVE THIS SKIRT!!!!!!!!! Anyone know who the maker is?

 

Blogger Miss Coutant said ... (3:17 PM) : 

is that Heather Matarazzo? from Welcome to the Dollhouse? wow...

 

Blogger MM said ... (3:19 PM) : 

OMG , Crimzonite and Soren Lorenson are so right.
She does look like Phoebe AND like a child has coloured her in .
I love this look . a lot.

 

Blogger MM said ... (3:20 PM) : 

wow , I can't get over this. I'm going to put this on my mood board .

www.fashion-intervention.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Thais said ... (3:48 PM) : 

omg! i love this! its so spontanious! ur photos always capture the essence of that person! the colours are beautiful! keep up the good work!xoxo http://fashionforafashionista.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (3:55 PM) : 

as if i couldn't covet those prada butterflies any more...

 

Blogger elisesophie said ... (4:05 PM) : 

this is fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

does anyone know who makes the glasses? love the look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Anyone inspired by this look should venture to Santa Cruz, California.

It's a gorgeous place with the most wonderful people in the most unique, artistic, and expressive clothes.

 

Blogger Dannie said ... (4:39 PM) : 

fun.beautiful.unexpected.loooves

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

i think that this is the first and possibly only outfit i've seen on this website that I didn't like... I always see the beauty that you catch in your photographs, but I guess I'm just not a fan of this look. And I have to add that she looks a heck of a lot like Rachel Zoe!

 

Anonymous Annika said ... (4:47 PM) : 

I feel like there's something sorta timeless, retro, and futuristic about this all simultaneously.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

What an awesome photo! I love her style...

 

Blogger batty said ... (5:05 PM) : 

lovely stuff! hmm... I might have to use this for inspiration... *prints*

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Beautiful...

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:38 PM) : 

That skirt is amazing! Love all the jewel colours!
xx

 

Blogger C A said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Love that style, a mix between a revolutionary and chic woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Absolutely love the vibrancy of the color palette, the layering of the colors and the roughness of the texture in the skirt combined with the richness of the purple top and orange beret it is wonderful!

I would love to see a standing of this look.

 

Blogger Caille said ... (7:39 PM) : 

There is so much to love about this outfit, even if I would never wear it. I love the orange turban, the texture of the skirt, and most of all how the whole outfit seems to reflect her personality! I'm constructing a whole narrative for her that involves lots of dancing to outdated record players, wire birdcages, and velvet sofas.....

 

Blogger ..... said ... (7:44 PM) : 

I like the combitation of orange and purple

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:35 PM) : 

Love the colors! Wow!

 

Blogger Maks said ... (8:55 PM) : 

This looks like Heather Matarazzo when she played in Princess Diaries.
I love the colors in her skirt.

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (8:57 PM) : 

Man, I love everything about this photo...the subject at hand, the surroundings, her grassroots inspired skirt. This is what makes me get up in the morning and want to find inspiring people and scenes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 AM) : 

I was going to say she looks like Rachel Feinstein.

Great colours, but really, really awesome texture in her outfit and in the photo.

 

Anonymous FVAD said ... (1:46 AM) : 

pure originality . I Love !!!!

 

Blogger aimee said ... (2:02 AM) : 

it's heather! hehe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 AM) : 

beaautiful..

 

Blogger needle+thread said ... (2:29 AM) : 

look at all that great color. so bold. she's like a little burst of spring unto herself...

 

Blogger Ful yaprakları said ... (2:41 AM) : 

looks like my fashion:)
skirt is great!

 

Blogger Jay Dee said ... (4:30 AM) : 

I wish I were brave enough to wear something like this..

love love loveit!

 

Blogger Gwen said ... (7:44 AM) : 

The skirt is marvelous, although I don't think I could wear this.

 

Anonymous Barefoot said ... (9:21 AM) : 

I agree, thought it was Rachel Feinstein at first. But then Sart would tell us? It's so exquisite, I can't tear myself from the picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

yes that's what i'm talking about, a stylish girl!

 

Anonymous Anastacia said ... (2:27 PM) : 

I love those Prada Butterfly sunglasses, they are so trendy and chic!

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (2:43 PM) : 

it makes me happy! :)

 

Anonymous an said ... (4:15 PM) : 

It seems very Dries to me, the vivid colors. Prada sunglasses.

 

Anonymous Stephen said ... (4:32 PM) : 

It's a young Joan Didion with more daring and expressive clothes. She reminds me that NY must be warming up to Summer now. In San Francisco, you forget that it gets hot other places. I hear reggae and imagine a barbecue in the park later in her day.

 

Anonymous jojoc said ... (6:12 PM) : 

I think I know this girl...is that Nikki? I used to LOVE her style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 PM) : 

Simply stunning. What an arresting visual.

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (11:42 PM) : 

God love her! She's a wonderful stylish mix of Miyake and 'Bewitched's Gladys Kravitz!

 

Blogger Phoebe said ... (6:31 AM) : 

The skirt is amazing (!!!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

yes!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (9:33 AM) : 

with Prada glasses?
looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Heather Matarazzo?

 

Blogger Caroline Bingley said ... (4:19 PM) : 

She pulled off something amazing without looking like she came from working a long shift at the food co-op (not to be disparaging of food co-ops). Do you know her outfit looked when she stood up?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:32 PM) : 

hey. this photo is of me and im nickie zeak- so yes who guessed is correct! and the skirt is from madrid. and im outside of my favorite bar in nyc = iggys- les- talking to my sis on the phone about just getting laid off from my biomedical research job. and to hear your comments really lightens my day!! love clothes and color and polyester (even though none in this photo) and art and life. wee!! good weekend guys!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:39 PM) : 

ooohhhh yessss....colour colour colour...divine!!!

 

Blogger The Popular Guru said ... (12:42 AM) : 

I met this person @ a bar once. She commented on my skinny jeans and said she hadn't worn jeans since highschool, that all see wears now are vintage dresses, etc.

www.cigarettediaries.com

 

Anonymous Alan said ... (11:00 PM) : 

The splendidly colorful exterior still falls short of the true friend within!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:50 AM) : 

I love this and all the colors, I'm into colors!
How beautiful!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (4:24 PM) : 

She knows her style.

Only a really thin, waif-like, woman could pull that fantastic skirt off.

Great choice of purple for the blouse. It doesn't exist in the skirt and adds to the color celebration.

The orange cap and shoes are on the other end of the red spectrum. Makes everything look like an outfit, with out being one at all. Very cool!

 

Blogger J. M. said ... (10:41 PM) : 

She looks so lovely , so stylish and individual I think your best ever shot!

 

Anonymous Eric said ... (7:07 AM) : 

Gorgeous photo....

 

Blogger Deidra said ... (5:23 PM) : 

I luv the skirt, really a nice photo!

 

Blogger About Me said ... (4:12 AM) : 

What a wonderful D.I.Y. project!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

Amazing. Very few people can pull off color like this and make it look effortless and not contrived.

 

Anonymous Catalina said ... (3:55 PM) : 

I keep coming back to this photo - I love it so!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

pants, skirt? whatever - love look, love photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

call me crazy but doesn't she look like (or perhaps is) the actress heather matarazzo???
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000525/

 

Anonymous naen said ... (8:04 AM) : 

J'adooooooooooooore !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 AM) : 

Where can I find this kind of skirt?

 

Anonymous Justine from chitown said ... (4:41 PM) : 

her skirt is amazing
reminds me of a rug but in a good way
very carefree and fun
the glasses tip off the perfect look

 

Anonymous Simply said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Great skirt! Love the blouse

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting