This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......At the Cafe, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, May 14, 2009

On the Street......At the Cafe, Paris

Comments on "On the Street......At the Cafe, Paris"

 

Blogger Oh Dear Charlotte said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Haha! I was just about to comment saying how french this was and then I saw the title. Love the hairiness and shoe detail..

 

Anonymous JKISSI said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Wow the hairiness really brings this outfit out , definitetly something the french would do lol!

love it.

 

Blogger StyleSpy said ... (10:44 AM) : 

I want to be her when I grow up...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Life's best moments are spent like this, and you've captured it in a way that I can just PUT myself into the shot. She's gorgeous and the shot is just sooo evocative.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

a tufted ostrich if I ever saw one...oh divinity! what feathery rumpledness...

xxoxox BB & SG

 

Blogger SparkleQueen said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Beautiful photo. Although it looks a bit early for her to be sporting that outfit...but nonetheless she looks fabulous!!! & those shoes.. wow.

E

 

Blogger Ashley Turner said ... (10:55 AM) : 

fab photo!

 

Anonymous legarcondeplastique said ... (10:58 AM) : 

very french indeed!

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (11:00 AM) : 

The coat.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Funny and Goth at the same time. Tres hairy.

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Yes, it is very french!!! and I love the coat, tres chic! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

She looks like a Kiss groupie...but I bet that coffee is good!

 

Blogger parisgirl said ... (11:46 AM) : 

sigh.....perfection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

reminds me of fight club

 

Anonymous Made To Measure NY said ... (11:49 AM) : 

I love this shot. She could be a Roxy Music fan from 1973 yet looks strikingly modern. Absolutely brills.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Too Marla Singer for me.

 

Blogger harps said ... (12:02 PM) : 

love the fur/feather thing, loathe the boots

 

Anonymous Amy said ... (12:15 PM) : 

LOVE the rock star boots!

 

Blogger ana said ... (12:31 PM) : 

I miss Paris!!!
I want a rainy day
and a coffee
www.blogdljr.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Ohh I love the YSL wedges! and the scene is very French. Another great shot!


http://www.fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous The Stylist said ... (12:54 PM) : 

This is a beautiful shot. Mmmm coffee in Paris.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

a gothic big bird? i'm not sure but i like it

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:58 PM) : 

mmmm, shee looks nice...the coat reminds me the Giambattista Valli coat, if im not wrong...

 

Blogger diane said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Cruella de Ville, Cruella de Ville.
If she doesn't scare you,
No evil thing will.

 

Blogger Mariona said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Could be more perfect the moment?beautiful silence

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Tough black limbs on her and the table.

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (2:05 PM) : 

when i see this i think i wish i could smell her becuase i bet she wears a really classic scent


And it's a terrible thing to say...

but i sort of wish she had been smoking, elegantly and with a cigarette holder of course.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

Is this in Marais?

 

Blogger Barcelonette (c) said ... (2:36 PM) : 

love Paris... quelle charme!

 

Blogger Daphne said ... (2:53 PM) : 

I want to give her a hug. It would be an incredibly comfy one.

 

Anonymous Maaarine said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Were this shot in a Venice/Roma background, wouldn't you all say it looks "sooo Italian" ?
Whatever the country, she just has a great style.

 

Blogger jackie said ... (4:01 PM) : 

great shot! love the hair x

 

Blogger Philippe said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Very nice boots, nice style ...

Philippe
www.punkgeisha.com

 

Anonymous Lucius Vorenus said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Is she a vampire?

 

Blogger Karoline said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Perfect moment! So chic.

 

Blogger Nikulshin said ... (4:31 PM) : 

SHOES!!!!!!!! Wow!

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Brilliant. Those boots are killin' me, they are too cool for words.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Those shoes! The jacket! Sacre bleu! Incroyable! Gorgeous photo!
xx

 

Anonymous modchen said ... (6:10 PM) : 

is she a Marla Singer groupie?

 

Blogger Chris Brown said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Cruella Deville!

 

Anonymous Amy said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Love those boots! So different and interesting!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:02 PM) : 

Nice photo! Man, I miss that coffee.

 

Blogger Honeygo Beasley said ... (8:39 PM) : 

Ew. But in a good way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

I love, love, love this.. this is me !!!! Its Brilliant, she's brilliant. Takes me back to Paris.

 

Anonymous an albanian said ... (11:32 PM) : 

so heavy in black,seulement á Paris!

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (11:34 PM) : 

the shoes!!!! droool

 

Blogger djaniquinn said ... (11:38 PM) : 

No gorillas were harmed in the shooting of this photograph. ;)

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (1:13 AM) : 

Cruella de Ville! Too true.

While I love, LOVE the boots, I dunno... I guess I'm just minimally moved by the French funerary-chic thing these days. Hey, I live in Marina del Rey. I'm a sunny girl in a sunny mood and I don't wanna think about existential black heaviness when it's 75 out and the water's as blue as Indonesian silk. I wanna look forward.

Okay yeah, there's something sexy and debauched about this woman, and indeed debauchery is my religion but right now I want to stretch out in the sun and soak it up and forget that winter was ever here. Spring is the time of rebirth. Let us be reborn.

 

Blogger just.a.train said ... (3:50 AM) : 

Wow, look at all that fur...and the shoes. I'm amazed at how comfortable she looks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 AM) : 

Toulouse Lautrec eat your heart out!
it's jane avril having a cappucino...

:o

 

Blogger alice said ... (6:02 AM) : 

i LONG to be in a cafe in sweet Paree again. cafes in London are great, but they're just not the same..

 

Anonymous Bazza said ... (6:47 AM) : 

Is this ginga month?

She's wandered off setfrom the lion the witch and the wadrobe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 AM) : 

I hate those boots and I feel somewhat the same towards the coat... I'd like to see what's under it though she looks like a beautiful lady and I do think all black is wonderful.

 

Blogger Johan Fleury said ... (7:06 AM) : 

Karolina is finaly on your blog! This is a great woman, I love her! Hope you will take pictures of her in the future!
Thank you for her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Very Parisienne;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Are you starting a 'donts' section?

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (9:47 AM) : 

big city brake!
adorable

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

she's a beautiful stylish bad ass. today's georges sand.

 

Blogger THE DIVINITUS said ... (10:49 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Those are really ugly boots. I don't mind some platform soles but these creep me out. The hair color and attitude seem very Parisian but I'm not warmed by it somehow.... she does look a little sinister.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Geena Davis in orthopedic bondage boots.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Oh how j'adore Paris!

Images like this make me want to book a one way ticket...

Olive

www.visforolive.blogspot.com

 

Blogger C A said ... (3:29 PM) : 

This is so Balenciaga and Gareth Pugh style, I Love Paris!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:24 PM) : 

this whole pic is perfect!

 

Anonymous Smilla said ... (8:19 PM) : 

So Parisienne to carry off what would look like a gorilla costume on anyone else.

And those boots - tres outre.

 

Blogger Megan.and.Rachel said ... (9:14 PM) : 

This defines the word fabulous.

 

Blogger chat said ... (5:37 AM) : 

She is a fashionable grizzly bear! What an adorable sight.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Ugh, I miss Paris. This is so fantastic!

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (6:17 PM) : 

so paris!
lovely shot...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

I was just noticing the cafe... I used to go to that one all the time.. would know it anywhere...

 

Blogger N.V said ... (10:51 PM) : 

Beautiful Photo, so effortless, I love what she is wearing, I want to raid her closet!!!!!

 

Blogger Fabio Bucciardini said ... (5:21 AM) : 

Love the boots, the mood and the picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 AM) : 

ooooh i love the claustrophobia of the all-embraced body, set off by the snug prominence & texture of the shaggy coat garnished by the begloved and fabulously booted extremities. oh the boots! sassily following the curves of the foot, yet stopping short at the sole with a gesture to goth and a mocking of heeled convention. all, of course, in my favourite of colours and moods (yes yes, so it's a tone) - i can't help it, i'm from melbourne.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

ahh, only in paris...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

No holder but she is smoking, you can see the tip of the cigarette near the book. I think she was still out in the morning wearing what she went out in the night before.

 

Blogger Rachel H said ... (12:14 AM) : 

I agree she looks very furry-chic, but isn't it supposed to be spring?
I would think it was a cool (but sunny) wintery day with that ensemble!

 

Blogger Erika said ... (3:04 AM) : 

Like Klimt and Toulouse collaborated! I love this photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 AM) : 

This is great - 1 part Brassai's La Mome Bijoux to 1 part Irene Jacob - never thought they could be combined! Lovely...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 AM) : 

I love this....modern day Nancy Mitford reading in a cafe in Paris. Timeless.

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Lovely photo per usual. NOTHING, I mean NOTHING, beats the style, fashion and absolute other worldly charm of Paris.

Best city in the world.

 

Anonymous Ruth said ... (4:25 AM) : 

Oh I love Paris

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (4:49 AM) : 

Someone earlier said ostrich - but I have a Mongolian lamb coat which looks just like this (when turned inside out). It's purple and friends have named it Oscar, as in The Grouch. Well? What is it? Did our Sart not ask?

 

Blogger Cultural Blonde said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Fabulous photo, real understated Parisian chic! She reminds me of Charlott Rampling.

 

Anonymous STORM of London said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I love the black fur, its very rare that you see someone it in on a normal day.

 

Anonymous Anik said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Very fierce. Love Paris. I want to live there.

 

Anonymous Fifiluxe said ... (8:03 PM) : 

I wish to be in Paris today, to sit at a gorgeous cafe on one of those "Paris cafe chairs" and have a "cafe au lait" merci, beaucoup monsier... Without doubt, I would sit next to an incredibly dressed, eccentric woman...who smokes cigarettes, sips on her espresso and walks off to work in the cold Paris air...as if straight out of the pages of a Vogue editorial...c'est magnifique. http://www.fifiluxe.com/blog/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:25 AM) : 

Right when I saw this pic, I knew it had to be in Paris! Oh it's my dream to be just sitting in a cafe in Paris....love the picture.

 

Blogger Oskar Norelius said ... (7:03 AM) : 

haha this girl is swedish!

 

Blogger Jen of MadeByGirl said ... (4:49 PM) : 

I love this shot...

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

This lady is like Carine, who can make the most outageous fashion like elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

WOW - I love her look...This is what I wish I could look like everyday, even in my sleep...FIERCE!

I think she may like the vibe of S.LOVE, kinda creepy but totally rockin it with no shame...

www.slovenyc.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

very Rocky Horror Picture show...in a good way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 AM) : 

i love love love her coat!!!!
she reminds me of the girlfriend on fighclub

 

Blogger Un samedi... said ... (3:41 AM) : 

C'est Fanny Ardant?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting