This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Master Class, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

On the Street......Master Class, Paris

Comments on "On the Street......Master Class, Paris"

 

Blogger Lady Lala said ... (9:13 AM) : 

quite relax and chic look. love the scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Great color palette and layering. I'm not sure about the cuffed denim, it makes him look shorter than he is.

 

Blogger CW said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Great pieces arranged with panache.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Great jacket/coat combo! And the scarf is the perfect addition. Slightly Victorian showman goes to high school with that rucksack...

 

Blogger beths said ... (9:36 AM) : 

He's perfect. Love the title for this shot, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Thanks for another photo of one of my favorite of your fashion individualists. I especially love this color/pattern mix. "Master class" indeed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I like his jeans like that. The short ones look comical to me. His scarf is perfect as well - great colors and not too much scarf.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I like his scarf, and the little jacket he's wearing under his coat is great! Love the glasses too.

 

Blogger Mele said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Like it. Very stylish!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

He is Hirofumi Kurino, one of the founder of japanese select shop called "United Arrows".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

I like the cuffed jeans and polished shoes together!

 

Blogger alexander stadler said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Slouchy and full of poetic details. The only thing he wants for is a bit more shoulder. What are coats and jackets for if not to restructure one's silhouette?

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (10:16 AM) : 

The scarf did it for me ...I'm such a sucker for scarves ! Trying to get rid of my own scarf addiction ; it's not because i'm on a diet, I can't look at all these goodies ....right ?

 

Blogger amalie said ... (10:18 AM) : 

wow. now thats cool.

 

Blogger Brett Johnson said ... (10:21 AM) : 

agreed, "Master Class" - nice

 

Blogger J. Rene' said ... (10:35 AM) : 

The scarf with the two jackets! They love the two jacket thing in Paris. He looks very cool and comfortable.

 

Blogger Murray said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Wow - he or she looks great!

 

Blogger Carissa Rose said ... (10:55 AM) : 

My fave is the hair. I'm really into silver/gray manes right now. Probably has something to do with mine starting to go that way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Maybe it's the peeking blue. Maybe it's the maroon. Maybe it's the coat. Or the hair. The whole ensemble just looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

she looks great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

anyone know what the shoes are?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Fabulous! seeing someone embrace pattern and colour like this brightens up my day. Love the coat and scarf, the brass buttons, the cuffs are just right adding another shade of blue and his grey hair is elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

His scarf matches his backpack!!! Seriously detail oriented gentleman and a mona lisa smile to throw us all off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Phenominal - every detail.

I don't think I would ever have the nerve to buy an overcoat with a pattern like that, but it all works very well together. Very professorial, but with jeans. This is almost exactly what I strive for in my own state of dress, from the shoes, raw jeans, overcoat, all just perfect.

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Some people just get it right without even trying. :)

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (12:07 PM) : 

This man is the epitome of casual elegance.

He's giving the denim-jacket-'neath-bigger-coat a nice spin using cranberry instead of blue. But really that scarf is the final word on cool. It doesn't seem to be the sort of print (floral?) that most men would dare walk around wearing but thrown into the mix of quintessentially male items it helps create a poetic masculinity that is extremely attractive.

He's a 10.

 

Blogger Sierra Moore said ... (12:07 PM) : 

This is a great look! My favorite items are the cuffed jeans and the scarf. The colors all work well together, however the jacket really makes the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I had to do a second-take when I first saw this photo: that scarf makes the subject's gender seem incredibly indeterminate. I kind of like that, because the ensemble he's wearing, I think, could look great on a man or a woman. Very nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

This man has the spirit of youth, I don't care how white his hair is. I think he's wearing old school 501 Levi's and a corduroy Levi jacket. People who still find Levi's fashionable and useful, I like. I bet he could teach me a thing or two, especially how to choose and tie a scarf.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:57 PM) : 

His outfit is so classy but personally I think he should loose the backpack. I know backpacks are "in" again, but....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

he looks like a grown up version of data from the goonies.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Interesting color choices but nothing seems to fit him very well. I think I'd take classes from someone else.

 

Blogger amybot 2.0 said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Very flattering choice for his skin tone. I love everything about this ensemble, especially the backpack! No one sees brown backpacks anymore...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

10/10
love the whole outfit as it is.

it is so nice to see people like him, thank you for making my sartorial day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

pretty awesome overall, but im questioning the choice of denim length. either than that, i wish i were this guy.

 

Blogger Amra said ... (2:36 PM) : 

The combination of the coulors makes the look seem så relaxed. Like the bag... also. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Masterful photography, everyone looks crisp, I'm not "into" fashion - but I will pay more attention to the way I look.

Bravo

 

Blogger jimena said ... (3:31 PM) : 

the coat is perfect, the pattern of the fabric is beautiful.
its the dream coat

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

The scarf/two jackets thing has to happen here in Paris its so cold! He makes cold look comfortable and classy.

 

Blogger HC said ... (4:22 PM) : 

classic. Love the matching backpack and vest!

 

Blogger Gaia said ... (4:34 PM) : 

love the jacket.
x

 

Blogger Glenn said ... (5:09 PM) : 

Best dressed professor in the country!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

I like his coat, the jacket and the jeans with the heavy shoes. He should opt for a leather bag instead, it would look better. The shoes should be brown, or even cowboy boots (ropers, maybe)! I have a pair of brown/burgundy-shaded ropers and they go with everything, dressed up or down. Great individual look, though. Thanks!!

 

Blogger Armilyn and David said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Hirofumi always looks good. Look on men.style.com for a store tour video with him of United Arrows. Makes me want to hop on a non-stop to Tokyo.

 

Blogger Duchesse said ... (7:28 PM) : 

I'm always surprised at the "he should do this..." comments. This is a real person going about his life, not a poser. I'm guessing that coat is old- maybe his for years, or consignment or piece. The pack is functional, like the Levi pieces, and he likes them. This isn't someone who worries that he's not carrying last season's Gucci. He has a life, has had one for quite some years.

 

Blogger southerngentinL.A. said ... (10:41 PM) : 

Good work! Love the scarf! Anyone know who makes it? Gotta get one.....

 

Blogger Dani said ... (11:36 PM) : 

if you haven't, i'd recommend watching some old series of the bbc show all creatures great and small. the colors, textures, patterns, and fit of the clothes are very classic but nonetheless absolutely spectacular. if not the humor, i think you'd really enjoy the outfits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 AM) : 

ehhhh, funny, there was a guy with an interesting look on my flight from Paris to Tokyo on March 13.

Thanks to your picture, I just found out this man was Mister Hirofumi, whom I actually did not know before !

Thank you ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:56 AM) : 

this gentleman is wicked! i wish i stumbled upon people looking this fabulous in my everyday life.

actually, i wish men in australia just dressed as cool as this, in general :)

 

Blogger Pearl said ... (6:59 AM) : 

I agree: the interesting thing for me is that he may or may not be trying to impress (I guess not) but this feels like an authentic style. One he feels comfortable with, which gives it a great feel as well as look.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Dapper looking guy.

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Just enough attention to detail. Well done.

 

Blogger K said ... (12:48 PM) : 

I really liked this one. Top half looks fairly conservative, despite som fresh colours (which work very well), then the bottom half, particularly because of the upturns, gives a totally different picture.

I imagine this is something style icon Gianni Agnelli might have done, if he actually wore denim. ;)

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (1:53 PM) : 

It took me a while to warm up to this outfit, but I do admire it.

However, it overwhelms his hair color, or should I say it doesn't celebrate it. His hair is an important story for him. I'd like to see him in an outfit that really uses his hair -- at least as a very important accessory. Just an echo of gray somewhere would do that.

 

Blogger Mitch said ... (3:52 PM) : 

I also like his jeans cuffed--no doubt selvedge ones. It breaks up the dark colors between the rich denim and polished brown shoes. Also adds to the vintage/classic look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

I would put my hand in fire for that top coat.

The only problem I have is with the terible backpack. It's ridiculous. It doesn't add any playfulness that isn't already apparent in the other choices and it's just too grossly immature. He's an adult for chrissakes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Its all good except for the bag.

 

Blogger THE VEGAS STYLE GUY said ... (3:09 AM) : 

I am so upset that it's getting warm, I SO want to steal this look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

What an absurd outfit.

 

Blogger Ichiki said ... (1:30 AM) : 

just a cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 AM) : 

wonderful.

 

Blogger Ghiblix2 said ... (2:10 AM) : 

Other than the bag and the jeans (never a fan of cuffed jeans, looks tacky imo), there isn't one thing on this man that I wouldn't love to own. Pretty amazing stuff he's got.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 AM) : 

cappotto molto bello!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Beautiful denim. Great backpack.

ryanmulkey.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

a gorgeous man with style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 AM) : 

The jacket isn't from Levi's! It's the merlot American Apparel rigid corduroy jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

Someone asked about the shoes. I'm betting they are Alden Longwings in Shell Cordovan, color #8.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Mr. Miyagi got it all. Style and class. Give him Kudos. I would be proud if i look the same like he does when i reach his age.

 

Anonymous redstar said ... (2:26 PM) : 

anyone know what the shoes are?

ALDEN

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

Really nice

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting