This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Les Tuileries, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 23, 2009

On the Street......Les Tuileries, Paris

Comments on "On the Street......Les Tuileries, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Unbelievable!! I love all of it, shoes, bag, coat ....sunglasses. She is spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad I can't purchase right here because I would!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

OMG! what a fabulous look!!! love sandals... does anybody knows its designer?
Les Tuileries est très plaisant pour la promenade...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

Love those shoes!!

 

Blogger MONI said ... (6:18 PM) : 

oh her chaussures!

http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Blogger Marquis de Lannes said ... (6:20 PM) : 

J'adore son manteau!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

i love the space pumps. super stylish, yet comfortable. amazing, AMAZING coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

one color too many: the purse

 

Blogger waltercolor said ... (6:24 PM) : 

Is that astrakan or poulain?
How can she walk so easily with such high heels ? (marvelous shoes of course...)
Grusli (the word i must tape to go out of this window).
So, grusli.

 

Blogger Jillian Hobbs said ... (6:26 PM) : 

THOSE SHOES!!! breathtaking!

 

Blogger Anthea said ... (6:26 PM) : 

Look at those pumps! Great photo. I love the motion ones. Check out my photos and coverage of Japan Fashion Week!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 PM) : 

Love those shoes!!!

She wears it well with the tights and jacket, though would have been must better with a ankle length skinnies instead

 

Blogger jkh said ... (6:35 PM) : 

WOW

 

Blogger jkh said ... (6:35 PM) : 

marry me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

I like the jeans and shoes a lot. Also the bag and hair. But the coat seems to belong to another outfit. To my mind, they don't quite fit together.

 

Blogger ricola said ... (6:37 PM) : 

Brilliant Astrakhan and Impressive Footwear.

 

Blogger diane said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Love the shoes, that heel shape is great.

 

Blogger Sartorial Vancouver said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Love the transition of color from her toes to her hair - seemless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

It's al about the shoes, man...why look at anything else?

 

Blogger Henke S said ... (7:17 PM) : 

The shoes are of the hook. very nice

/H from blamethecream.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

interesting to see better-living-through-chemistry-blond hair from paris. very few blonds in the archive. an aside from one or two regulars so consistently brunette, esp. from france. hmmm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Oh mon dieu, elle porte des fourrures. Je suis tres, tres, desole mais je l'adore.

Oh my god, she's wearing fur. I'm very, very sorry but I love it.

I can't help but look at fur and think luxury. Luxury--good. No luxury--bad. If it were faux fur I'd love it just as much. I should say that it's the implication of luxury that I like.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

i love the grey tights (are they tights... maybe they are even STOCKINGS... can you imagine)? Great way to transition to Spring when it's too cold for bare feet.

holierthannow.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Gypmar said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Well, I'll be the lone voice of dissent here. The effect of this photo for me was that of a spectacular scroll down fug.

Face-beautiful
Coat-fantastic
Purse-great color
Dark slim denim- well-played
Shoes- AAAAck!

 

Blogger jimena said ... (7:41 PM) : 

she looks so divine.
love the coat, the sandals, the sunglasses ...
its just perfect!!!

 

Blogger sonia a. mascaro said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Wow! Love the new layout with the photo more larger!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

can anyone tell me the brand of these marvelous pumps?

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (8:10 PM) : 

The gorgeous deep emerald of the bag, the amazing funky shoes...Perfection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

The SHOES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

The SHOES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 PM) : 

Where can I find those fabulous SHOES...the whole 'picture is perfect'.....I love that nothing matches......off the HOOK.....

 

Blogger Dhppy said ... (9:15 PM) : 

The coat seems to clash, but everything else looks like so much fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

I think the shoes are Marni.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (9:42 PM) : 

She looks chic even if there are things that as a compassionate human I don't care for.

I'm not a fur coat kinda' gal. Someone once bought me a coat with a lovely fox collar..... but it felt like my chow chow's tail and that made me sad. Just can't go there and look at myself in the mirror.

But I'm not one to judge when it comes to something as meaningful as fashion! So I won't judge her on the cuffed jeans either although they are among my least favorite fashion elements. They're an excellent tool at making your legs look shorter and if you like that, rock those shorter legs. Without a doubt she does look great but if the jeans were without the cuff I think she'd look even greater..... Just to knit pick.

Yeah, I know homegirl wants to show off those killer (Prada?) kicks so I understand the need for a cuff.

 

Blogger CW said ... (9:49 PM) : 

Coat - good
Bag - excellent
Jeans - good
Stockings - good

The shoes look like duct tape with table legs for heels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 PM) : 

I love everything. I wish more Americans dressed like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Marni?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

A beautiful outfit no doubt but what I don't understand is: How is this personal style? She is copying all the current trends, rolled jeans, gladiator shoes, a bag with pop of color.
This is my problem with it, it is fashion, not personal style.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (10:31 PM) : 

well Anon 10:16 I'm just curious why you think you know anything about this person to make a judgement like that

there are no awards for this stuff so just take it for what it is - a girl looking cool in Paris

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 PM) : 

The shoes! how bold! And i LOVE the tights

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

umm.. i love the heels too..
but the color of the stocking looks too weird for me..
with those rolled up jeans..
look too complicated and confused

 

Blogger laura said ... (11:03 PM) : 

i absolutely adore this outfit. not expected, and yet works so well.

 

Blogger diane said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Wow, I'm so impressed with your rebuttal to Anon. 10:16, and I absolutely agree with you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 PM) : 

The folded jeans and thick-strapped shoes are too heavy. Doesn't work for me.

 

Blogger DISCOFUNBATH said ... (11:17 PM) : 

Personally, I am not a fan of the coat, it looks a little like wet cow hair (admittedly, I don't know much about fur).... but, of course, I love the shoes.....

 

Blogger Hello said ... (11:19 PM) : 

the shoes are definitely marni, spring season

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 PM) : 

Favorite pieces: the denim and the bag.

ryanmulkey.blogspot.com

 

Blogger mette said ... (12:34 AM) : 

A lovely fur coat. That´s how I wear my fur and jeans too.

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (12:46 AM) : 

i love the shoes the most..and that she is smiling

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 AM) : 

nicely put together, but the length of the coat almost contradicts the cuffed jeans. cuffed jeans already shorten the legs, but with a knee length coat... i'd love so much more if the jeans just weren't cuffed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 AM) : 

I like her spirit! Also how her bag & coat play off each other's green.

 

Blogger Lucky girl said ... (3:39 AM) : 

Charming Lady!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 AM) : 

she sells it well but yes, the purse while lovely it's green is one too many. but hell, none of us is perfect.

she's lovely - the smile forgives the purse.

 

Blogger xoxorcs said ... (4:22 AM) : 

I had all these clothes I was going to give away but now that I've been watching your blog for the last month, I think I'm going keep everything and find different ways to wear them.

I'm in Los Angeles and it's difficult to find inspiration, believe it or not. Thank you for providing it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 AM) : 

i like the outfit, but the bag lets it down.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 AM) : 

Wow, terrific shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 AM) : 

they are marni!!! i have them in black!!!!

 

Blogger anonwomen said ... (5:07 AM) : 

i am in love with the coat - too often fur can seem 'stuffy' but this is so laid back and easy. I love the nonchalance and effortlessness of it all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 AM) : 

great

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:57 AM) : 

Great!!!
How's that girl?
She is so exiting. The perfectly complete image , but it fits such, because of the girl.

 

Blogger diamondsinchampagne said ... (6:02 AM) : 

shoes = <3

 

Blogger Dick said ... (6:08 AM) : 

Beautiful girl, great walk

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (6:11 AM) : 

Well maybe her combination is extraordinary,but there is chic in it!!Just maybe jeans not much like with white stripes.But shoes and Lady Super =)

 

Blogger 50two said ... (6:27 AM) : 

im doing an assignment on the tuileries right now.

this makes me wish it was on the 21st century, not the 17th.

 

Blogger Connie said ... (7:41 AM) : 

Great Marni shoes.

theheartbreakinc.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 AM) : 

Belle photo de toi ici:
http://marquisdelannes.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Don't like it, only the shoe works here. Not to mention the fur coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

The cut of the coat is SPLENDID!

 

Blogger Gabriela Ciobanu said ... (9:16 AM) : 

I love the shoes!!
http://lapetiteloulou.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (9:58 AM) : 

those shoes are the koolest!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I don't really notice what she is wearing - it's such a lovely shot and her smile is fabulous. (Although I do particularly love the sunnies and the shoes!)

 

Blogger Samantha said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Love her, love the shoes, love the big REAL smile!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

the rolled jeans + knee-length coat make her legs look incredibly short! very odd proportions to mine eye... great smile + shoes though!

 

Blogger SparkleQueen said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Is that a fur print..jacket?? I'm not a fan, but I'd take the shoes any day!

E

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

good loock

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

I'm not a fan of the jeans.
Everything else - fabulous. And her smile is beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

The shoes are fantastic! But one of my pet peeves is long jackets with cropped pants. The porportion just isn't appealing to me.

 

Blogger achnyc said ... (3:05 PM) : 

Love it all. The shoes, cuffed jeans, green bag and hot jacket! Also she has a great smile and nice stride - confidant yet a touch shy...? Love her look!

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Lose the coat ASAP.

Don't care that it's fur of sorts but it just does not go with those cuffed jeans.

Sorry! Lower half is fab though but imagine how much more fab it would be with a cropped leather jacket?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

To fur or not to fur, what was the question? She looks fantastic!

 

Blogger ... said ... (4:46 PM) : 

i <3 marni
always and forever!!!!

-new louboutin for barneys
and marc jacobs engaged
in my blog
http://siqlogic.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

This unexpected combination is fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

I like the contrast of the fur with the jeans. Especially since its not one of those bug fluffy mink coats, but rather sort of slim. And she has to roll the jeans up to show off those shoes!
I also like how her smile and playing with her hair seem to say, "aww, shucks. These old things? I just threw them on this morning." (I wonder if there's a French equivalent to "aww, shucks")

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

remember that marni, was a FURMAKER and FUR-designer, before becoming what it is now... anyway these shoes are in leather: do you really think there is ana and b type in leathers? one can be eaten and worn an anotherone has to stay in forests? come oooon

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

I agree that this is not a leg lengthening look BUT the coat is divine, and seriously, why would anyone want to hide those marvellous marni shoes?? I love the sunglasses and bag too, and she looks totally content and happy. Adore this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

I'm guessing the fur is... Fendi? And the shoes are Marni, of course.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 PM) : 

Is the purse a Chloe?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 AM) : 

i love the way she wears jeans with these Marni's shoes,wich combined with the tie are gorgeous!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

Proportions still matter, not a fan.

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (8:25 AM) : 

What a GREAT look. I love it, she looks AMAZING.

 

Blogger Princess Lyla said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Love all the items individualy, but not as an outfit - it is mostly the colours that are not working

 

Blogger so said ... (10:53 AM) : 

wow, what an amazing look!!
...the shoes really make it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

every single thing about it is perfect... not too little, not too much. bravo!

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Head to toe, she has got it going on! The ability to take all these disparate, chic items and work them into an easy, unpretentious mix - that takes talent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

I'm not a fan of fur but I have to say that I think the coat is beautiful. If I saw a fake version I'd be all over it.

I love that she looks so totally comfortable with herself.

If I were wearing those shoes, I'd probably roll up my jeans too - I'd want to see the whole thing.

 

Blogger Anele-09 said ... (3:47 PM) : 

shoes... Power to you my sister!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM) : 

The shoes/stockings/cuffed jeans are perfect, but the coat is all wrong. The astrakhan is too much work for her lower half, I'd rather see some minimalistic, no-texture white on top.

 

Blogger sharine said ... (11:51 PM) : 

cool, liked the way she work with her jeans and her hair and the shades.

 

Blogger the sophisticat said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Great shoes!

It all works...

 

Blogger William Astor said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Peta would have a conniption fit, William Astor on the other hand is having Fashion Seizure. Love is too puny a word. Utter Infatuation is what i'm feeling.

 

Blogger Tmua said ... (6:06 PM) : 

The shoes are amazing.

 

Blogger creativegirl said ... (6:25 PM) : 

The shoes are the best part of this outfit. killer!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Marni again. fantastic and soo comfortable to walk in (the secret is in the platform)... Erm, i wrote this before i traipsed round london onthese heels for 4 hours (comfortable is a relative term). found out the SOCKS are also Marni.

 

Blogger Cristina said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Fashionable!

 

Anonymous Sarah said ... (2:34 AM) : 

beautiful!

 

Anonymous Jo said ... (5:00 AM) : 

That looks like Jeanne Becker from fashion television in Canada...?

 

Blogger Donnie Gayfield said ... (11:21 PM) : 

So Parisian! I wish I saw more of this here in San Francisco.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

I really dont like her outfit...the jeans is not nice and i dont like her socks together with her bag...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

que estilazoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting