This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Now We Know Where Luca Gets It From, Naples

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Now We Know Where Luca Gets It From, Naples


Mariano Rubinacci


Luca Rubinacci

Comments on "Now We Know Where Luca Gets It From, Naples"

 

Blogger Gwen Goh said ... (9:15 AM) : 

I like the way he matches the stripes. And the blue so matches the colour of his eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Please make Luca appear on my computer screen every morning. Le sigh.

Hi father's suit looks to me to be perfectly fitted. And as a woman, I'm taking inspiration from those blues mixed with the brick red.

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Luca is a feast for the eyes. I like the mix of neutrals and colors - the blue shirt/tie/gloves picking up the blue in his eyes, and the purple just works... stripes mixed with plaids... I feel visually sated.

~stylethread.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Fabulous Colors!

 

Blogger neda mone said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Is that a red ribbon around the right wrist? it looks great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

thze coat is great
and the suit fantastic

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Thanks for this post. It's nice that it runs in the family. They both have great individual style.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Oh my god! He looks fantastic! The colours, the patterns, somehow - his attitude probably - he manages it to look casual and stylish, not like a clown...He totally has his father style, quite redefined of course, and some unbelivable eyes...man, that is such a piece of art!
X

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

What a beautiful suit, cut from lovely cloth. Very well accessorised (with the exception of the cellphone..). This gentleman looks very fine.

 

Blogger Rene Schaller said ... (9:44 AM) : 

his eyes - unbelievable.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Good GOD I want his wardrobe!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Fine men.

 

Blogger diane said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Luca is a heart throb. Thanks for making my morning. xo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

good god I want HIM!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

It's funny, because when I was younger I was a complete tom-boy..growing up with ALL boys around me for the longest time. My mom [whom has the best sense of style of anyone I have EVER known] would curl my hair and put gloss on my lips and I would cry 'I don't want to lookkkk like you!'...but just the other day I walked briskly by a mirror on the wall...and I had to do a double take! It turns out I am more like my mom than I ever thought I would be. I thinks its an honor to possess the sense of style and keen eye for fashion that she does. It looks like Luca is the same way. Bravo Luca!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Yeah, why not? Isn't it carnival times?

Father reflects true Italian elegance that, you will be surprised to hear, resided in Naples.

Anyway, they own a fantastic shop in Via dei Mille. Very old fashioned even in the forniture. But absolutely worthy.


Vincent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

I want to BE them--and I'm a woman.

What I mean is that I want to be dressed in a way that exudes/conveys/telegraphs this type of glamour, style, confidence, attitude.

Its like they have it all together; they're in charge; they know what's going on; but they still know how to have fun and indulge their tastes and whimsies.

 

Blogger parisgirl said ... (11:17 AM) : 

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, those fabulous eyes...a very stylish man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Mamma mia! Che bello...

 

Blogger M said ... (11:58 AM) : 

If I had those blue-out-of-this-world-eyes I would match everything with blue too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Fine suit, love the bit of red on his left wrist.

Luca's tie and jacket are phenomenal.

 

Blogger Joêlle said ... (12:11 PM) : 

www.marianorubinacci.it
Of course they look great, they are tailors...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

I adore the purple of the scarf and the vibrant blue of the gloves in Luca's photo. His dad has it locked down as well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Good Lord these boys know what they're doing... bravissimo!

 

Blogger Emily Pfeifer said ... (12:32 PM) : 

You can repost that photo of Luca as many times as you want; I'll never get tired of looking at it. Dreamy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Ah, the adventurousness of youth! That said, underneath the plaid coat and the hat Luca is really working the same classic look as Mariano.

Great style from both generations.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

italinas are good with that kinda of colors mix...nicely put, probably too nicely??? an italian

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Love the colors, patterns, eyes...

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Both of them very good. Since I'm in the Mariano age group obviously his get up has more appeal. It's outstanding of course...I'm not one of the fans of brown shoes with blue suits but because they are really dark he gets away with it. Just. And all those guys who think you can wear pale tan shoes with blue suits...don't...you look as if you're managing a team of ladies of the night. Basically this is how all men over 35 aught to look when they are wearing a suit. Unfortunately only a small minority do as you can see when you have a wander around NYC. But at least they have a role model.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Oh my god, with those fabulous eyes, no matter what he wears

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

OMG, both of them could get me in so much trouble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Sart, are you going to give the Rubinacci's and the insurpassable Giovanna their own chapters in your forthcoming book??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

The apple doesn't fall fram the tree in that family; both men are very stylish. Beautiful captures.

 

Blogger Un Monito said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Luca has it going on - the way that he presents himself is spot on!

Check out the fresh cotton/linen bucket hat - I'm going to have to steal Luca's thunder on this one and give it a kick.

 

Blogger Nat said ... (2:45 PM) : 

It's amazing how he made all of those colours work for him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Absolutely love the combination of colors on Luca; it's just the right amount to retain some life without being gaudy.

 

Blogger Rei Enrique said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Luca Rubinacci style is down right great, Haven't been impacted by someones natural talent for modeling in a while, cheers to the one who put the outfit together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

if i ever have a boy baby, i want him to look like luca. he's just so beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

I LOVE the pairing of stripes with plaid & vibrant color. I have been trying to master this myself recently. I commend any man that can pull this off with such flair.

cheers to you Luca.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

Both of them look absolutely great. I love the color of the father's suit -- it's not that almost black Navy blue that's so prevalent in the US. It's a little brighter, more interesting and more flattering. What is that bit of red around his wrist? It looks good in the photo, but I'm afraid it's one of those rubber charity bracelets.

Where does Luca get such wonderful gloves?!? And scarf, and coat and . . .

 

Blogger mchl said ... (8:56 PM) : 

want that coat!

-michael

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

I saw Luca and thought, "Hello, Luca, I am Christina, do you wish to wed?" What a dreamboat. And with a stylish father at that!

Thank you for your images. What dreams they all seem to be.

 

Blogger pepastyling said ... (9:38 PM) : 

Impossible not to like him, those eyes, playful clothes a feast to the eyes.

 

Blogger Cate said ... (11:11 PM) : 

Luca is fantastic! This is gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

the first picture, the gentleman in the suit - dapper.
the second - hubba hubba - my new screen saver.
thanks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 AM) : 

Molto bello!!! I'm very proud that you actually put his father's pic, too, since it's from Napoli. Ppl always think South Italy is the worst part of Italy. But, hey, if U never been there, U should....beautiful food, great friendly ppl, the scenery, everything. Even Napolitan in the US are so friendly and charming. They know how to cook, especially the men. BRAVO!!!

 

Blogger Daisy said ... (1:47 AM) : 

that picture of Mr. Luca Rubinacci is still one of my favorites you'veever taken. Definately love at first sight :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

It would be interesting to see what Luca's mom looks like...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 AM) : 

Luca is hot! I love his color palette and I love that he was daring!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:08 AM) : 

who could even notice what luca is wearing with those eyes? please please please do a style profile on him soon, sart.

 

Blogger Breathless said ... (3:59 AM) : 

I love Lucas daring mix of both colours and patterns! Fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 AM) : 

Luca is hot but Mariano is owning it! let's look in young Luca in about twenty years. His pops is hot. by the by, Luca should hope that his dad's tailor has offspring who will be able to produce such beautiful work. a good tailor is hard to find.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 AM) : 

finally a classic suit with pants of the proper length - not those silly ones which reveal the socks even when one is standing straight.

 

Blogger poor guy fashion victim said ... (9:42 AM) : 

He looks fantastic

 

Blogger Matt Bonham said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Mariano, definitely Michael Gambon in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Great tailoring and he owns the suit, the suit does not own him!

Wish more of that color and style (or quality of tailoring) was more prevalent in the US.

Simply put, I'd sport Luca's look everyday and not get tired of that. Love the tie, especially.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Father is perfecto.
Too focused on the son's eye to comment on his wild combo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Luca e una inspirazione.

 

Blogger OscarOrtiz.Com said ... (1:02 PM) : 

I GOT to get me a Mariano's Blue Suite like that!! I just love that royal blue... wow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

I am curious what kind of material Luca's tie is made from to allow the ruching of the not like that. I love the contrasting fabrics; I can almost feel the texture.

 

Blogger CW said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Which stores are Rubinacci outlets in the USA?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

those eyes!

 

Blogger Montreal Fashion Minds said ... (8:28 AM) : 

I love the whole color scheme, and he has beautiful eyes that just bring it all together.

~ Montreal Fashion Minds ~

http://montrealfashionminds.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

he's pwitty

 

Blogger Moka said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I prefer the style of the dad.

 

Blogger About Me said ... (4:15 PM) : 

That Luca is a hottie and he knows how to dress too.

 

Blogger delantal said ... (6:08 PM) : 

great blue

 

Blogger José Cabral said ... (5:56 AM) : 

For me Luca is probably the most inspiring person I’ve seen here. His father photo is just a confirmation:)

 

Blogger AtomiCokctail said ... (4:56 PM) : 

wooooow !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Je ne me lasse JAMAIS de regarder ce si beau visage ... accentué de ces beaux vêtements !
Luca Rubinacci dans mes rêves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 PM) : 

his eyes are the burner!! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

Pretty :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

Omigod, the colors, the eyes, the hat, the stubble!! Kill me now!

 

Blogger Chevron d'Azur said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Quel beau bleu...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

I love Mariano Rubinacci´s suit, and the color of the outlook is so great.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting