This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Jewel Tones, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, October 17, 2008

On the Street....Jewel Tones, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Jewel Tones, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Honestly, they just look sloppy. I can look at the pieces individually and enjoy them, but together: sloppy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

angel-headed hipsters!

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:21 AM) : 

funny I almost only like the two outfits in chorus.
it's as though there can't be one without the other.

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (10:31 AM) : 

This arrangement of shapes and colors is very popular here in Chicago. I'm just glad that tights are now readily available in fun colors. Not much beats having hot pink legs!

I've never liked that cool weather seemed to force many into drab colors. Every once in a while one of those shots of color feel so good when it's -30 F.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (10:33 AM) : 

COLOR

FINALLY!!!!

I love that they are not afraid

vivid color is the new black!

 

Blogger Emy Augustus said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Yes, the 3 or 4 bright colors go *really* well together. Yay for friends who coordinate their outfits either intentionally or not!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Their hair paired with the outfits are adorable. I like the granny boots on the right and it seems like they shouldn't work, but I still like it together. Hmm..

 

Blogger The Women Times said ... (10:45 AM) : 

bleeehh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

crazy great.

 

Blogger Vanna said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Love Louise's jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Five colours - of which 3 flashy - are a bit too much on a single adult person... they certainly catch the eye, but there is no elegance in the outfit...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I guess Louise really is a muse. She is here and everwhere else all the time. She has her own blog too called Miss Pandora.

What does she do for a living?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

i really like the one with the yellow mustard skirt

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Its quite something when you're outfit is meant to go not with your shoes, but with your friends!

 

Blogger nicole said ... (11:08 AM) : 

louise ebel! i adore her!

letslivefast.wordpress.com

 

Blogger Sasha said ... (11:08 AM) : 

way to make that american apparel skirt look elegant. bravo!

 

Blogger k said ... (11:10 AM) : 

eye candy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

both of them are fine, the left one better from a chromatic point of view. the right one would be amazing without those pink tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

I have magenta tights just like the girl on the right. I've also noticed the mixing of multiple jewel tones from different color families lately as an underlying trend for younger adults.

 

Blogger *L said ... (11:58 AM) : 

yeah that jacket is bitchin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

These girls are a study in contrasts. Everything from the placement of the color, to the choice of shoe to the hairstyles ... even the body language is so different. The woman in yellow looks like she'd lead her freind astray. She's a bad girl, in a good way.

 

Blogger Ms Unreliable said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I definitely agree that the outfits complement each other, but alone are probably quite forgettable. Great photo nonetheless!

 

Blogger mette said ... (12:21 PM) : 

The girl on the left I can handle but the girl on the right as said already does look sloppy. Wonder what ´s the message that she is trying to send us with her outfit.

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Wonderful mix of colors!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

they look as sweet as bright coloured candy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

They look great together

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

It's Louise!!Apparently everyone loves taking her pic

 

Blogger Laura said ... (12:39 PM) : 

i like the outfit on the left.

the proportinos work well, and it would almost be too fussy (with the jacket, belt shoes, and big bag) but since its in black i think it works. and i love the color of the skirt.


however, on the right, the only redeeming quality is the pop of color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

I like this a lot. I love the colors, the hair, and the glasses. One thing I noticed is that there are always a lot of people smoking in your photos. I know lots of people point that out, but I finally realized why there are so many. They're the ones using their break to smoke a cig, therefore they're just standing there, and nothing's better for someone that takes pictures on the street, than an unsuspecting "victim" just standing there enjoying a smoke. Right Sart?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I love this because normally I can look at a shot and have a fairly good idea whether it was taken in, say, New York or Paris, but this could easily be girls here in Portland, OR where I live. I suppose hipster is an international language. Love the outfits, and that such a colorful pair is framed against an almost canvas-like building.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:02 PM) : 

I'm not seeing anything different - but maybe that's because I'm a college student at George Washington and pretty much everyone dresses exactly like that...

 

Blogger we wear things said ... (1:03 PM) : 

oooh it's louise!! lovely!

 

Blogger Shaynuh said ... (1:54 PM) : 

The allegory of the 80s. Yeeahhh! The era of bright colors and daring fashion is making a comeback!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:10 PM) : 

i'm not crazy about either outfit (especially the one on the right) but: i love the colours on the right; i love individual elements of the one on the left - the shoes, the jacket, her hair and her glasses (she's adorable) is it just me or does the fur collar on her beautiful jacket make her look like she's got bad posture though? she appears to be hunching her shoulders slightly in a way that affects the coy, fragile feminine pose often seen in the pigeon-toed stance a lot of young women seem to choose to present themselves in photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:10 PM) : 

This is sassy AND I LIKE IT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

The photograph itself is very nice, but the 2 woman are not so impressive. I think the outfits look so trendy and similar that there is a severe lack of personal expression in each. It is in subjects that have a unique, trend-less idea of fit, color, textures...etc... that I think makes something stylish or inspirational.

 

Blogger fashionfatwa said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Louise always looks amazing! Every Sart and Garance photograph of her is inspiring. And that shade of pink stockings on her friend is absolutely halal.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Thats why Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons....tights, scarfs, warm jackets, furry accessories (fake or real) ...
And luckily there are some people that bring brightness into this (grey) time of the year...
As for the 'sloppy' comments ; they are young, so they are forgiven ;-)

 

Blogger Beyta said ... (3:20 PM) : 

love this look!

 

Blogger mgi said ... (3:23 PM) : 

the dynamic duo

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Hey, the one on the left, you've photographed her before!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

PANDORA! The Beauty in the Mustard Yellow skirt, has her own blog. I think she looks confident in her personal style. I am a fan of her blog, she puts alot of work into it. I even added a link to her blog from my own blog.

 

Blogger Orfamay said ... (4:46 PM) : 

They look cute together in a photograph and I love the colour and confidence, but on the street I wouldn't take note of their ensembles. They look like typical hipster students.

 

Blogger Candace said ... (5:10 PM) : 

Yay to jewel tones...LOVE em!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Here's your fashion ticket. That'll be $100 fine. No appeals.

 

Blogger ryder said ... (6:10 PM) : 

this picture is about the colors and the way they work/don't work together and that is precisely why i love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 PM) : 

the glasses strike me more than the colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

I really doubt that those glasses serve a function relating to any kind of vision problem. The glasses thing is annoying; it is just a device hipsters use to make themselves appear unique and interesting, which is problematic since I cannot go a day walking through Toronto without seeing a handful of girls trying way too hard to look cute and coy. Soon people are going to be wearing fake braces and we will be expected to find this endearing.

 

Blogger yankeegrl506 said ... (6:43 PM) : 

I think the look on the left is absolutely PERFECT, and although I love the second outfit as well, I could do without the purple bag

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:50 PM) : 

for Anon 6:42
what a stupid comment!

I guess you dont believe in your own words enough to put your name behind it

You dont know her but I do and I know for sure that she needs those glassses.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (7:57 PM) : 

I actually like the outfit on the left (is that Louise?), I'm sometimes weary of pairing a strong yellow with black in case I look like a bumble bee, but she makes it look fierce :) I love the belt!

 

Blogger Alton Heck said ... (8:32 PM) : 

the woman on the left is fresh to death, that jacket is vicious

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

im wearing that exact AA mustard yellow skirt right now!! albeit styled very differently as today was another sweltering southern california day of "fall"

wish the weather was cold enough to wear it like louise :(

guess ill just have to move to paris!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 PM) : 

both
have
perfect
shoes.
the shoes are what make their look work.

and maybe they don't look flawless, but really, does anyone? it's the ability to turn imperfections into part of the look which makes an outfit unique and memorable. i think both of them look very cute, especially together!

 

Blogger Tigress said ... (9:14 PM) : 

I love the girl in the black/mustard's ensemble, but more than anything I love her legwear.

What a great way to pare down the punk of those shoes and all the black with a pair of textured gray wool tights!

I wish I could see the front of Jeweltoned's outfit, the sleeves on that cardigan and the shape of that dress look really interesting from this side.

 

Blogger fashionscout said ... (9:40 PM) : 

I have the same glasses as the girl on the left (I think) and I wear them because I need them. And I'm not a hipster. Agreed, sorry, ignorant comment from Anon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 PM) : 

Love the splash of color! :D

 

Blogger the sophisticat said ... (10:06 PM) : 

Dear Sart,

Re Anon comment 6:42. I am a wearer of large glasses that are prescription and so I agree with Anon 6:42 to an extent (although I find the pseudo-pretentious tone of his/her presumption annoying) about the wearing of non-prescription glasses because they are 'trendy'. In fact, in my opinion, wearing non-prescription glasses because they are trendy doesn't make you trendy, or a hipster at all. It just makes you fad-wary (and weary).

I failed to notice anyone in Paris recently wearing 'fake' glasses (one month later, when I was in NYC, that was another story) and anyone from anywhere, even Toronto, should know that Parisians just do it better. She could get away with murder, quite stylishly. They're both perfect/awesome/fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

I've commented about louise on other blogs & I never tire of praising her - her glasses, her style, her presence project something really beautiful & I can see why everyone wants to photograph her. I am very surprised to see this many critical comments about her here. I still remember the other pictures of her that have appeared on this blog & the one that appeared at the danziger projects exhibit - the girl stands out & you remember her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

WOW NICE

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (10:24 PM) : 

So great on drab day-love the colors and both ensembles. Two different looks from the same basic style. Viva color!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Love the vivid colours, but I am getting to be like my mother: stand up straight, girls!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

Though they may look as in disarray, I enjoy the casual up-do and blocks of color.

Yes, it looks a little bit on the cheap side. But come on it's personal style - working with what you have and rocking it out!

These ladies look great.

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (11:58 PM) : 

I'm a fan of Louise.

Funny how all of the negative remarks are anonymous. Cowards.

 

Blogger Ellie Lee said ... (1:04 AM) : 

Love those colors! The yellow skirt is fab!

As for Anon 6:42; I would say; vision problem or not, it is a way for those people to show off their style and it serves as another piece of accessory.

As for those braces you've mentioned; Sorry to burst your bubble but people ARE in fact doing those stuff! Esp in Bangkok, Thailand where it serves as an indication of your financial status

 

Blogger zzzzzzzzzz said ... (1:15 AM) : 

This photograph is what is going on here; the lines, the oscillating contrast, the focal point blending in with the depth of field... simply unreal. This is a product of day in day out dedication to your passion. Bravo!

 

Blogger hemoglobin said ... (3:15 AM) : 

i absolutely n totally LOVE the silhouettes!!!
and the the bing-bang-boom pop colors..are totally yummiiee!:):)
this is so a look i would love to carry!
a tad shabby .but its the whole look the whole pop-ish thing !! in a totally different style n silhouette this time

 

Blogger Manolo said ... (3:21 AM) : 

This is a fresh-air picture ! Funnily enough, it almost looks like a Benetton ad to me, with all the bright colours and the girly hair and the big bags (as if they were their moms' !)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 AM) : 

Too. Many. Colours.

They hurt my eyes.

But I like almost everything else you publish. Promise. :)

 

Blogger Lydia said ... (3:46 AM) : 

Phenomenal.

 

Blogger rachelisdot...♡ said ... (4:21 AM) : 

Pink and brown is a colour combination I wouldn't ordinarily put together, but think it looks great here! Also, I think that eveyone should own at least one Am. Ap. skirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 AM) : 

I think the jewel tone colors look great, but I don't think I could pull that off. Not my style.

 

Blogger Siru said ... (6:28 AM) : 

I love that yellow skirt!

juliet xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 AM) : 

LUSH! I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 AM) : 

I love this photo because it reminds me of how me and my friends dress (I am an 18 year old girl). It might be labelled 'hipster' or 'sloppy' but it's an expression of identity (both group and personal) and I can relate, especially to how their style complements each other. I don't have the money to dress how many of the people on your amazing blog does Sart, but I love having fun with clothes and colour.

 

Blogger Susie said ... (10:05 AM) : 

it looks sloppy to me but I do love fun color in the cooler months.

 

Blogger stephced said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Colors!
So much fun!
I bet these girls are just as fun as their pretty colors :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I don't mind the brown boots on the right; nice.

 

Blogger Katy said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Yay jewel tones! I'd wear both outfits in an instant. I especially love the one on the right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

only if the green cardigan was form fitted...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

gee colors really do brighten one's day! they look geeky cute :) especially love the left girl's mustard skirt, wayfarers+plaits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

They remind me of The Odd Couple. Felix in the black with the snap of saffron and Oscar who looks, well, like a basket of laundry - clothes you might wash together but perhaps not actually wear together.

 

Blogger leather girl said ... (3:57 PM) : 

You go, Sart! Might I add, even if she didn't need the glasses, they look awesome on her so who cares? One could argue that we do not need half of the things we put on our bodies daily, but is that really relevant? More importantly I'd like to know if these two knew exactly how cool they'd look standing together, or if they didn't even notice at all...since it's Paris, I am of course assuming the latter.

 

Blogger filthy decade. said ... (4:21 PM) : 

lovely.
the shoes&tights are the best part.

 

Blogger D. said ... (4:51 PM) : 

The hair in this photo is great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

I somehow don't disagree with the comment on the glasses-sorry. When you were bullied at school for wearing massive specs ("welcome to the dollhouse" is a good illustration) you tend to wear contacts and occasionally glasses. I get annoyed when being ask if my glasses are "for real"?! Anyway. she might need them and she does look great.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (5:17 PM) : 

I saw this on Louise's site earlier. Beautiful photo. It's good to see some colour!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

I like the outfit on the left - I think it's pulled together yet hip. Unfortunately, I think that the girl on the right just looks messy - nothing really seems to fit that well & as far as I'm concerned, fit is the key to it all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

all the 20somethings are dressing like this right now so there's really no creativity involved here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 PM) : 

I appreciate the colors, but neither outfit works for me because of the skirts. I just find them sloppy and unattractive.
That said, I think the girl on the left looks much better than the other one.

 

Blogger julie said ... (10:57 PM) : 

oh louise!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 AM) : 

This comment is not specifically in regards to the photo, but about the subject of glasses.

I have to agree with who ever it was that said the glasses thing is annoying. I love fashion but there is something contrived a bit about glasses, no? Sure they are cute, but when people wear them without prescription it's a bit... trying.

By the way, to call a fellow reader's comment stupid is stupid in itself.

 

Blogger Wes Janisen said ... (2:50 AM) : 

With the two girls together and in the context of a photograph, I see elements of young, fun, hipster style. As a practical outfit though, I think these looks are a bit over the top. The fur collar and the three belts... The hot pink leggings, green cardigan and the purple bag... Too much I think.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (10:02 AM) : 

I've seen the girl in the left on face hunter. Love her hair color.

 

Blogger Johanne said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Miss Pandora looks lovely in those colours...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Just lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Love the pink tights, the purple bag and the yellow skirt!

 

Blogger STEFANIE said ... (1:26 PM) : 

They both look lovely. I love how Louise only picked 2 colours - black & yellow- it makes the skirt really stand out!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

åh vad fina de var!

 

Blogger Remove Before Flight said ... (5:24 PM) : 

Like Benetton "All the colours of the world" :)

 

Blogger Vintage Lollipops said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Bursting with such spunky rainbow affect... I actually love everything about this photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

As a young person, I think this is brilliant! The jewel tones are a lovely representation of their youth. Both girls have a fun vibe, which wouldn't be the same if they had been in bland neutrals.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Wow, great blog you have. Love the shots of al those "real" people in their fashionable outfits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 PM) : 

I don't know how Louise's look could be called sloppy or student-ish. Way too well put together, and there's no way you could navigate campus in heels that high.

Anon 6:42, fake braces are huge in Thailand, usually in really bright colours. Check out the covers of any of the teen magazines. They look adorable, and it's just an accessory, like a belt or bracelet.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:32 AM) : 

one of my favorites!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 AM) : 

I LOVE that colour combination! (L)
Teal + Purple + Magenta + Tan Yellow = AWESOME.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 AM) : 

I've been noticing a trend here - you do love legs, don't you?

This is good, mind you, it means you take lots of pictures of the sort of clothes I like to wear.

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (1:06 AM) : 

the tights are amazing-love them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 AM) : 

how right jay-cat to say that you could play with colours if you do not have that much money to dress.

I teach in an art school and all my students dress like that! some more interestingly so than others. they are just youngsters having fun and being who they are, i wouldn't want to be a party pooper to give them a fine for not being elegant? classy? unique? whatever...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 AM) : 

does anyone know the the make of the shoes on the left?

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (8:25 AM) : 

girls with style!!! that's what I want see....thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Who are these girls?

I don't think that this look is anything unique or special but that's not to say that they don't look good. In regards to someone calling the fake glasses 'trying', what about wearing a belt when one doesn't need one to hold pants up? fashion isn't about necessity.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Cute and happy looking. I'm inspired.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:48 AM) : 

love those heels and grey tights!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

The girl on the right has undeservedly received too many negative comments. The color combination she pulls of is brilliant and shows a color sensibility that not everyone possesses. The slouchy cardigan and her posture also work to create an interesting silhouette. + I really like the combination of pink with worn brown leather.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I don't think the 'mustard yellow/charcoal grey' combo will ever get old for me, especially when incorporated into such a gorgeous and cosy-looking ensemble as the girl on the left sports. I think I'm also in love with the fur collar, and brass buttons on the sleeves.

The girl on the right's outfit is a bit too much of a colour mishmash for my personal taste, but she pulls it off nicely. Also, her scruffy topknot is cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

The girl on the left looks so much like Coco. If you told me it was her I would believe you haha.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

I think the shoes on the left are replicas of the Dior Extreme gladiators (SATC movie ones), maybe from Asos or Topshop, i don't know.
Someone asked what does Louise do for a living: she is an art student and a DJ (exciting, right?).

 

Blogger Sho said ... (6:51 PM) : 

As representations of what is really popular in terms of youth dressing (all over the world apparently) they are an interesting duo. Each girl has taken the so-called 'hipster' uniform look and made it her own (for better or worse).
In my opinion, Louise (on the left)looks stylish and fascinating as usual, her friend (on the right) is not quite as interesting or put together. One has taken the look, made it her own and really developed it into something very sophisticated using inexpensive elements. The other has taken a similar look, similar elements but doesn't have quite the same finesse with her whole look. But what is the most striking to me about this photograph is how well done it is as a visual composition, how lovely the jewel colors are together and how they stand out against the neutral backdrop. It is also so cool that it could be almost anywhere in the world. I love that you are taking a picture of a look that is so popular and common these days and elevating it with your photography. It is also refreshing to have accessible youth fashion represented next to all the 'editor chic.'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 PM) : 

Hmm..not sure! Girl on the left looks like she´s overdone it a bit while the other one looks more casual and comfortable. Love the glasses though and I do celebrate colours...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

I'm in love of the colors. and it's absolutely perfect pairing a cold day to wrap up in such great colors as done so well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

I think they both look absolutely great. The one on the left is a look I wish I could pull off, and the one on the right looks so at ease and comfortable.

I just got two pairs of jewel toned tights, and I'm very pumped-- even more inspired by these ladies.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Ooh, I just love the way they dress<3 They have the courage to be different. You don't see girls like that in Finland :((

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:39 AM) : 

web tastemakers!! thats a segmented hipster category. ugh i hate the world hipster.

 

Blogger alyssar.x said ... (12:46 AM) : 

has that girl on the left already been featured three or so times???
i always notice links between her outfits...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Louise ! Nice to meet her here. I just took her this week, she s so amazing with a very original style.

 

Blogger Bleu Clothing said ... (3:09 PM) : 

i think both of them are adorable! It's nice to see some color and pop in the midst of Fall. I love love love the yellow and black outfit on the left. Very cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

texstyles i totally agree. i love it when I go to leave a comment and someone has already said it! we are the world... we are the ones who make a brighter day

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Another fan of Louise, her style is effortless and always spot-on. She uses trendy pieces but always in an unforced, natural way. Compare her to some raggedy Geldoff, Louise wears the hell out of trends -- the trends don't wear her.

 

Blogger Glasögonormen said ... (4:53 AM) : 

I can´t find the orignal message from anon 6:42 but would like to add a comment re the glasses. They look great and does it really matter if they are needed or not - it´s fashion we are talking about. Glasses are a great accessory and they are placed right in the face which means you can enhance your look and personal style greatly with a cool frame. Glasses have become more fashion then ever the last couple of years and the number of people wearing them only for fashion purposes have increased massively. Check out my blog if you don´t believe me - glasögonormen means four eyes or "specs snake" in swedish:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 AM) : 

Great photo!

That's not Sloppy at all! That's perfect nonchalance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Fantastic, i'm loving the fuschia tights

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (10:30 AM) : 

so different, and yet so of the same mind. great shot.

 

Blogger Patricia Miranda said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Love it! silly glasses! shoes! all those colors united! just like me when I am happy! thanks for this picture Sartorialist!

 

Blogger Rhys said ... (12:00 AM) : 

There seems to be a lot of complaints about Louise Ebel's glasses. after seeing this pic it inspired me to look through her blog at all of her past pics, and i determined that they are either a signature part of her style, or she has to wear them, because she's wearing glasses in just about every picture of her on the web.
She does seem to be becoming an IT girl on a lot of street style blogs, just try googling her name.
Love her style :)

Rhys

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

i love her heels and the way her legs look in them.

 

Blogger dianasaur said ... (5:21 PM) : 

why is pandora everywhere?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 PM) : 

louisa is a student but dresses very elegantly at times as you can see on her blog.

 

Blogger becca said ... (1:53 AM) : 

I have the same shade of pink tights, and I love them. These are fun outfits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

i knwo this is nothing about their style, but what happened to their posture !!!! it ran away obviously

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

no thanks, i dont really like it.

 

Blogger bccmiller said ... (8:29 PM) : 

I see these girls at least twice a day. I think I see why you took the picture, though. They seem to work together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

You can describe this photo in three words; Colorful, happy and cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

The gal on the left is like a cartoon character. Short at the top... long at the bottom.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

The girl on the left I feel was on here last spring, possibly in the same outfit, definitely same glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 PM) : 

yes, that is Louisa

 

Blogger Tim McFarlane said ... (12:13 AM) : 

I don't think that all the intense colors the woman on the right is wearing work here at all. it would have worked a bit better if she just left it at the pink leggings and used more muted colors elsewhere.

The one on the left has it much more together, in my opinion.

 

Blogger Jules, London said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Ah, don't be afraid of colour. Thanks for reminding us. I actually prefer the kingfisher to the bee. Life is so monochrome sometimes so why not liven it up??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Love the grey shoes and the colors.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting