This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....W. 21st, Chelsea

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

On the Street.....W. 21st, Chelsea

Comments on "On the Street.....W. 21st, Chelsea"

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I really like the way yellow and gray work with basic black and white. Looks good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

I like her grandma bag!

 

Blogger hemoglobin said ... (9:49 AM) : 

LOVE that outfit!!
the golden n yellow is a bit unusual..would have never thought of it ..and it looks lovely


like loads of the previous pictures her sleeves too are rolled(??)
i don't really get it ,though I'm quite in favor of the pushes up sleeves..
the cuff of her shirt is cute...
(whys is the bag open)

 

Blogger magstermash said ... (9:53 AM) : 

I love her shoes and that bag. She's got nice legs...

The bright yellow looks out of place to me but it looks great against the environment. Perhaps it adds a little flare and makes the outfit pop out a bit more against everything else.

That bright yellow is actually the one color I dislike on clothing or on anything artificial (but not in nature--it's alright on flowers). I don't even know why I dislike it but I have read somewhere that people don't recommend that yellow being painted on the walls of nurseries because it instigates conflict and distress. And isn't yellow supposed to be a happy color? It's funny how I hate it...but it looks good on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

How nice to see a woman close to my age looking so cool! This kind of woman inspires me to be creative with my clothes express my individual style. Thanks for this pic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Fantastic, I saw this over at STYLE.COM, love that I can see all the details better here.

She simply looks amazing

 

Blogger -E said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Funny, as I was crocheting my fishnet thigh-highs last night, I thought to myself, "There is a certain beauty in the way the color beige transforms something 'Madonna circa 1984' into something fresh and lovely".

 

Blogger Rye+Viv said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Love The Jacket! Smart and Sophisticated!

 

Blogger Cathy Phillips said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I love the idea of the cardigan/blazer. It's easy and relaxed yet put together and office appropriate.

cathyphillipsfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:31 AM) : 

I think the skirt, bag and shoes are fine together, and the cardigan and blouse are nice, but the two halves are not cooperating. I think it's partly because all the black is relegated to the lower part of the outfit, and (mainly) that the bag and especially the shoes are too severe a counterpoint to the cute little cardigan. Two halves which would both be nice in other combinations.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I like the contrast of the cardigan with the print on the skirt. The yellow detail makes the outfit pop since the outfit itself is conservative and flat.

I love those shoes and I think I have a similar pair...but my pinky toe sticks out. It's incredibly uncomfortable. I wonder if it is for her?

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (10:40 AM) : 

The pop of lemon yellow she's included is so understated but effective.

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Ooooh, she just works those color combos. That yellow is unexpected but completely transforms the outfit from blah to stunning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

gorgeous! i love her style. especially the woollen(?) cardigan in the style of a blazer - great twist. brilliant photo sart :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Awesome pairing of the citrus yellow and the pattern of her skirt - it's so unexpected. It's like how to have a high impact using understatement. Bag's too big though, out of proportion. Inspiring photo nonetheless - thanks, Sart.

 

Blogger lookbooker said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I love the yellow revers and buttons in light fabric in combination with that camel coloured knitting. The white shirt is a good basic that works like an intermediary. Like the skirt but I get a little drunk watching the pattern. The shoes look a little bit cheap, even if they are maybe not.Though they match with the look (thanks to her bag). All together a great look and nice smile.


PS: Great picture, I love the light atmosphere in the picture

 

Blogger laura.graber said ... (10:57 AM) : 

pinky toe stick-out!!

 

Blogger Melissa W said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I love her shoes!! The jacket is a greatly tailored transition piece for fall. The bright updates are creative and fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Love it: perfect transition into fall look. The yellow is great with the neutrals, as are the black accessories to add weight to the lighter colors in the outfit. Great synergy.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Lovely jacket and a very nice skirt. I really like the patern on the skirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

the collar and accent details on the sweater blazer are amazing. electric yellow is my favorite surprise color. she looks beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I know that big bags and gladiator shoes are the fashion but I think that they take away from her lvely legs and color sense. It's a beautiful outfit on a pretty girl and that's all it should be

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (12:09 PM) : 

She looks intelligent and foxy.
The shoes are sexy, and accentuate
those nice gams.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Am in love with that little cardigan which looks like a blazer. Her shoes look rather uncomfortable and a bit too small, but she's totally right to show off her legs cause they rock!
Am not so hot for the skirt but think her grannie bag is divine!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

That's a very uptight look. Is she uptight?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

A huge key for a woman is to wear shoes that fit perfectly, especially with shoes that show the foot. To find a perfect fit can be really time consuming but it can be fun too. In this case, from the ankles up, the outfit is beyond fabulous, but I keep getting distracted by the tight fit of the shoes. That hurts and it doesn't look as good as it should....

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (12:48 PM) : 

The jacket is beautiful! Long live the knit blazer!

Even the crossing signs in the back are high-fiving her!

 

Blogger PubMaven said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Where is that jacket from? I think I need it!

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (12:59 PM) : 

I like the contrast in color and textures. The accessories are fab and she carries it well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

she's ready to be interpreted as a Roy Lichtenstein painting: the dots, the yellow, the hard black outlines.

Really a sexy, yet sophisticated look.

 

Blogger Ammu said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Always love Natalie Massenet - wouldn't expect anything less from Ms Net-a-porter herself. The look is elegant but surprising at the same time - I think the neon detail does the trick!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

I love how masterfully she put together orderliness of the b&w regular patterned skirt and playfulness and of supriseful yellow accent jacket. Only an artistic eye can calculate such thing. The color scheme is very inspirational, however I am not sure about the cuts and layered white shirt. The shoes and the purse are splendid!

 

Blogger The Boot said ... (1:18 PM) : 

damn, that woman is sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

The yellow just makes the whole outfit pop doesn't it!?

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (1:26 PM) : 

the patent seems to be a bit much with the soft springy colors.

good execution on the outfit, though - i love it.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Great photo, Sart. Her hair and legs are so beautiful, that I can forgive her for the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

i completely agree with dan in richmond. each half is very nice, but not together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

I actually think her skirt should've been a tad longer, it would suite her age better and look better too.

Otherwise I think the outfit is good...

 

Blogger cindy said ... (3:03 PM) : 

I'm always for a pop of highlighter yellow!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:06 PM) : 

This look is just nice for the last full days of summer. I also love the bag, but it's opened and I don't like that AT ALL.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (3:10 PM) : 

I love her shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

I may have to copy this entire look. She really looks pulled together and age appropriate. Love this!

 

Blogger Amanda Conley said ... (3:42 PM) : 

I love this look. Very chic.

 

Blogger Cate O'Malley said ... (4:03 PM) : 

I really like the yellow trim and buttons on this jacket. The plunging neckline and short skirt and pushed-up sleeves is a casual, commanding touch. There's also a presence that says to me, she's large and in charge. She's wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

very, very attractive woman - very classy! I like the yellow accents & the skirt - she pulls it off brilliantly. & she has beautiful legs so why not show them off - very nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Contrast these shoes with those on yesterday's zebra print: someone criticized those for the peeping toes but to me, they enhance the style (especially with the strong nail colour) but these simply don't fit. The protruding small toe must be a constant irritant, both visially and physically.

 

Blogger Cheryl Houston said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Let's me think. Yep! I hate her. She's gorgeous with legs to die for. Love the outfit. Not a fan of the purse or the shoes but with legs like that who cares.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Her shoes look like they are not comfortable (are her little toes hanging out?). I think the blazer is a nice touch/length, but not with that outfit. Nice bag and great legs, they must go for days...HB

 

Blogger Bellarmine said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Nice outifit...but doesn't suit her...

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Oh, I love that jacket!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (7:00 PM) : 

I think this lady is very attractive in an unconventional way and that's always sexy to me. It's her face and expression that I'm most drawn to. Of course she's got great gams and that don't hurt. I love the bag. Love the shoes too. Are they gladiators? I wouldn't classify them as such.

I want to love her totally and unconditionally but I can't honestly say I dig the clothes. Maybe separately with other items. Maybe not. I do, however, like the unusual color palette.

 

Blogger olen said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Are these comments censored? Why is every single one positive? What's wrong with you people?

This is simply a terrible outfit. That jacket and those shoes? Come on people. Not okay.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I adore that blouse!

 

Blogger Coryn said ... (8:04 PM) : 

Oh! It looks so Bananna Republic! I really love the ensemble!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

LOVE the palette!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

it's Palin sans glasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 PM) : 

For the person who asked about the jacket... It is 3.1 Phillip Lim. I think she looks fresh and very age appropriate. If you have still got great pins, why not show them? The shoes do look uncomfortable though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

this is natalie massenet of net-a-porter. im sure everything she's wearing can be found on the site.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (4:05 AM) : 

mm, lovely!
i like the complimentary of jacket and blouse. looks very nice. yellow adds some mood to the hole outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Are the shoes Marc Jacobs? I love how they cover the foot but part of it is uncovered. They give this outfit a little toughness.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

looove the shoes! <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

I think she rocks, she's beautiful, her clothes are well chosen and she looks original and sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

minus the shoes, this almost SCREAMS "J. Crew"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 PM) : 

agree with anonymous 2.35pm... "jcrew" came top of mind... is this a good or bad thing?

 

Blogger PhilM said ... (10:02 AM) : 

cool jacket!

 

Blogger paige worthy said ... (10:32 AM) : 

In love with her sweater!
The yellow buttons are so much fun.

 

Blogger Rebecca V. O'Neal said ... (9:20 PM) : 

i love yellow black and white together.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:22 PM) : 

legs and age, totally hot.

 

Blogger Gia said ... (9:30 AM) : 

that cardigan jacket is amazing, a piece that every woman should have in her wardrobe...love it:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

of course these comments are moderated. It's the absolute right of the blog owner, who is doing a smashing job, imho. And not all the comments are positive.

 

Blogger CoolestGalUKnow said ... (9:26 AM) : 

i would normally stray from such a heavy shoe coupled with such a fresh outfit, but somehow it works here. her height and long long legs seems to strike a perfect balance.

love the arm length of the sweater with the white cuff of the shirt peeking out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Wow!!!

 

Blogger Torchy said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Perfection!

 

Blogger TheShoeGirl said ... (5:31 PM) : 

LOVE the pop of color!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

WOWwowowowow those shoes, the colours of the outfit just beautiful, LOVE HER and her granniebag.. loves it!

can anyone ID those shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Shoes are marni...old collection.

 

Blogger Manolo said ... (3:50 AM) : 

I'm starting to wonder how much longer this particular shade of yellow will last, but so far, so good !!! Incredibly enough, it seems to match every other colour, even the most unexpected ones such as that beige, and it gives so much structure to an otherwise rather classic (although well-put, I admit) outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

WOW! I love this girl..simply amazing, except the shoes.
Who's her ?

monegasque@email.it

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting