This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Apple, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, September 22, 2008

On the Street.....Apple, Milano

Comments on "On the Street.....Apple, Milano"

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (4:10 AM) : 

nice, but very usual...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:50 AM) : 

Welcome to MILAN!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 AM) : 

I think it's a beautiful photograph. She looks chic and classical and fits very well into her environment.

 

Blogger VanessaFromMilan said ... (5:24 AM) : 

it' usual becouse it's milan^^

nice!

 

Blogger jkh said ... (5:32 AM) : 

oh oh oh. - beautiful shot. beautiful mood. wonderful girl. - classic and anything but usual.

very nice energy.

 

Blogger Mary B. said ... (5:36 AM) : 

this photo makes me want to get to know this person....I want to ask her where she's been....what she does....good photograph. reminds me of me after work....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 AM) : 

What can i say euh...Class!

 

Blogger saintvenus said ... (5:49 AM) : 

looks very school and intellectual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

i love her shoes cos they just ground down her whole outfit.

 

Blogger e l l e said ... (6:20 AM) : 

I like the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 AM) : 

Interesting details. Navy and grey - it works here. i love the line of cor of her shoe sole and i'm intrigued by her jacket - has she just puled it round her shoulders or is it made like that? whatever, i like it and i love the way she's kind of lost in thought. Nice picture, Sart.

 

Blogger madameshawshank said ... (7:01 AM) : 

She seems deep in thought...

How wondrously normal..to be eating! an apple! while walking! the quirky punch of the shoes...nothing forced about her clothes, or herself methinks..

Am curious as to the purchase of the day..

 

Blogger marichuka said ... (7:17 AM) : 

the most glamourous way of eating an apple haha :)
x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 AM) : 

that's an Etro shopping bag

 

Blogger La Clocharde said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Lovely pic. I love photographs that capture moments like this one.
I like the outfit too. Nice sobriety, and I like the colour contrast that the apple and the shoe soles make.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

very well, cute and classical... but the shoes... no, no, no...

 

Blogger Dexter James said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Very officious but the legging and stilettos combination look very graceful.

 

Blogger Leonore said ... (9:19 AM) : 

The apple transforms this photo--from a portrait of a chic, untouchable woman to a snapshot of a very real, grounded person nibbling on a snack in the middle of a busy day... she looks great and I want to have a chat with her.

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (9:19 AM) : 

the navy blue and shiny patent black with the tights are understated but still an edgy color palette. i'm intrigued by the cut of her jacket. is it a capelet in the back?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

I think it's okey. It's different from what girls are wearing in Norway, so that's a plus!!! But I would't wear it...but I want what she's eating!!!!!
;)

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Very classic, very Milano. The apple is a nice touch. But the shoes, I don't think so.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Crisp and high style. Lovely photograph. I can feel the touch of Fall in the air.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

I feel like she epitomizes Autumn in this picture: I think it's something about the darker colors she's wearing and the apple. Love the simplicity of her outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

maybe she on her path to the work, maybe not. photopicture very nice, happens her way through the town. very nice. i have the jealous.

 

Blogger porter hovey said ... (9:57 AM) : 

What a lady!!

 

Blogger HMcK said ... (10:04 AM) : 

It's a very understated kind of chic, I love the patent shoes. I'm also trying to work out if that's a bagel she's holding....

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (10:20 AM) : 

she must not be italian. an italian woman would rather die than "eat on the go".
she looks fabulous though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I know this is going to sound rather indecorous, but can I just say nun chic? She looks fantastic!

 

Blogger ricola said ... (11:10 AM) : 

This is a really nice silhouette, clean lines and spot on proportions. F-ing hot shoes.

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Beautiful, the composition of this photo is STUNNING. And I kind of crave an apple now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

i'm not loving the big bump on her back...is there another bag under there?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Beautiful shot, and a truly classic look. You could show this photo fifteen years from now and she'd still look great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Love the outfit, it's something I would actually wear. And I eat an apple a day too!

 

Blogger peter robinson said ... (12:32 PM) : 

apple of my eye

totally smoking !!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (12:32 PM) : 

I wouldn't have taken her for an Etro shopper.

 

Blogger kt glimmer said ... (12:43 PM) : 

fruit is sexy!

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (12:45 PM) : 

After seeing the magnified image, I love the colours here. I wonder at the objections about her shoes? I think they're really pretty and strong without being obnoxious. Cork (I think it is) and patent leather...what an unusual combo!

 

Blogger S. said ... (12:59 PM) : 

beautiful.

 

Blogger carolina @ patagonia gifts said ... (1:01 PM) : 

That shot is so beautiful! She looks so chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

the shoes are awesome. this chick rocks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Classy gal, and I LIKE the shoes.

 

Blogger Z said ... (2:41 PM) : 

absolutely lovely. Makes me wonder that if I start to eat apples while wandering through the city, will look anything like that? hahaha.

 

Blogger FORMENTERA ♥ AGUAMARINA said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Very elegant! Is it a cap?

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Nice photo, Sart. Never would I have thought that eating fruit in the streets could look so glamorous. You work wonders with that camera of yours. Well played.

 

Blogger Izzy said ... (3:07 PM) : 

she kind of looks like she has a hunch back, but disregarding that, nice outfit. :)

 

Blogger matt williams said ... (3:47 PM) : 

I love it. It looks very much like classic Prada.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

blue is probably the most beautiful colour i think, at least in jackets and outdoor clothes

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:54 PM) : 

What she's eating is so cohesive with the outfit that it almost acts like an accessory. When you're out shooting in New York again, you should find a stylish someone with a Sabrett hot dog in their hand. I know, I know.

That's like me asking you to go to on a scavenger hunt which can be kind of fun and will take a little bit of time.

And if that person doesn't show themselves over time, I'd be more than honored for you to snap my picture holding one of those famed hot dogs for your blog. You probably don't get those requests a lot or maybe you do, but you know...just a thought. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Nice! She's been shopping at Etro too!

 

Blogger Claire, said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Brovo!

 

Blogger Gia said ... (5:12 PM) : 

i like the shoes:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

You have a very interesting blog!Concerning this photo, I can only say: bon chic, bon genre !

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:00 PM) : 

i LOVE those shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

Classic. Looove the shoes. Nice shot, Sart.

 

Blogger Katy said ... (7:02 PM) : 

I love apples and I love her shoes.

 

Blogger Wrinkled Linen said ... (7:34 PM) : 

We can all agree to disagree on the shoes, and I won't take a position on them.

Funny -- the first reaction to this photo was, "very usual". By contract, my instant reaction was, the clothes would have looked great in 1955, 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995, and they look great now. There's nothing wrong with classic, especially when it's quality classic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

the perfect stockings make the outfit. stunning. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

Her outfit looks effortless, not forced like some people I see on the streets. Very beautiful.

 

Blogger Dain said ... (10:39 PM) : 

This shot alone makes me want to go to Italy.

 

Blogger Blake said ... (12:49 AM) : 

I adore the shoes, they're like a sexed up, but still fashionable, version of what a teacher in the 1960's would wear.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:30 AM) : 

the apple is such an underrated accessory.

 

Blogger Pearl said ... (1:33 AM) : 

I like that it is Milan, but could be New York, Paris, San Francisco--any city, and it is such a classic "city" look. The white collar makes it less stiff.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (2:31 AM) : 

A put-together gal. Navy, gray and white - lovely. She's got such a beautiful profile.

Is that a jacket? A shawl? Something in-between?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 AM) : 

That's a Lady. Chic, seems inteligent, reminds me Chanel looks ( pensionnaire chic et nette) .

So so far away from fashion addict . bohemian looks etc etc ...Really esay and aristocratic, nice legs, seems calm and effortless.


Nice and so "borghesia di Milano !"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 AM) : 

nice outfit..love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

Navy, white and an apple - Bon chic bon genre!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:58 AM) : 

I love everything but the shoes...I want their arch to be more elongated and sole to taper out as it moves toward the toe. The heel and the front platform don't look totally comfortable together..but the rest of the outfit is wonderful..going to get an apple

 

Blogger Emme A said ... (10:41 AM) : 

The best thing in the shot is the restaurant terrace at the back ! Not sure about the shoes, if they are peep toes, then I don't like them, the cork thing is interesting, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

That bump on her back is disturbing. I guess if you were there you would understand what is making it. Aside from that, she does have a "nun" chic and I love the shoes. I wonder if the cork makes them comfortable, even on the blasted cobbles?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

the shoes are amazing.

the photography, as usual, is fantastic, but it's always that way, so no surprise there.

 

Blogger Fashion Maven said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I think she's wearing a wrap and it's probably wind and the movement of her arm that caused the 'bump'.

I think she looks lovely.

I love this blog. I was in Italy in the spring and one of my favorite parts of the trip was the simple pleasure of people-watching - just to see what fabulous outfits Italians wore.

I love the color of her tights though - really unusual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

I loooooove the shoes. Does anyone know who they are by? Please? Pretty please?!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

Nice and simple silhouette, but hate the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

the shoes are marc by marc jacobs.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting