This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Ostermalm, Stockholm

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, August 22, 2008

On the Street.....Ostermalm, Stockholm

Comments on "On the Street.....Ostermalm, Stockholm"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 AM) : 

Again Espadrilles!!
They rule, that's for sure. Nice combo, grey scarf and sweater.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:25 AM) : 

I want his sweater.

"Jag gillar sin tröja!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 AM) : 

Hey there, if still in Stockholm, try the shop "Haberdashery", Herkulesgatan 24. One of my favorite when I'm in Sweden.

Best/french fan

 

Blogger Kristine said ... (7:31 AM) : 

I love this. It's relaxed, yet elegant. It's a shame about the bit of green belt spoiling the marine colour palette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 AM) : 

Love the belt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 AM) : 

Very feminine features. I like his nose.

But also, you don't see many men in the states willing to sport blue like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 AM) : 

beautiful boy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

i love this style!!! come to spain!!!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:11 AM) : 

I like the espadrilles on this look, it subtly tells you he is not just one of the khaki shorts and sweater types. I like the scarf also but they just do not work in South Florida! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger Modern Craft said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Great photo-- it's perfect with the red horizontal line of the bus in the background. I like the summer scarf trend.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (9:35 AM) : 

I really would love to know what he looks like with the glasses on that he is carrying. I aslo love the espadrilles - I think they are a great look on guys who can pull it off. I love how this look is mixing a few seasons... effortlessly.

 

Blogger Alaiyo Bradshaw said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Oh! He is adorable! I wish for sweater-weather and also that more guys would dress this way!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

single?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

HELL YEA!!
LOVE IT!!!

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (11:15 AM) : 

He looks so stylish and comfortable, I love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

This is a gorgeous androgynous look. Of course, in the United States you could get arrested for dressing like this. Or beat up. But in Stockholm, it apparently flies quite well. Superb!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

The sweater is also Ralph Lauren - and you can put that in your pipe..Or the bank...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Espadrilles and the shorts are an excellent combination. The crew plus the scarf complement it well given the Nordic climate. Quite well assembled.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Seriously dreamy!

~AliciaInAlaska

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Now I know where all the georgeous, well dressed men went... Stockholm!

Another great shot of another georgeous man. Absolutely fab.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I can't figure out what makes this photo androgynous...someone else mentioned facial features, which might be it...or hair. Either way, I like the relaxed expression on his face coupled with the bus passing by.

www.thestorialist.blogspot.com

 

Blogger RubyRai said ... (2:20 PM) : 

Ridiculously cute!! Love the sweater + shorts combo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Oh my he is gorgeous! What a pretty boy I think the subtle pop of green makes his outfit interesting. Love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Haha, this young man is not even in high school.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

ok nice... but he dresses like he is 50!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

That lovely soft grey compliments his hair and skin tone beautifully. the shorts and espadrilles are cool. I think the red bus is Sart doing his genius thing with moments... I haven't been to Stockholm but i have been to St Petersberg which must be on a similar latitude and i really noticed the natural light makes certain colours 'sing', greys, blues, mint green and colours we might regard as 'cold' in a different setting. Like in Miami the warm light does great things to cobalt blues and bright pink. I don't know if it makes Sart take different pictures than he did in say, Florence?

 

Blogger emma said ... (3:37 PM) : 

Oh it's just so relaxed yet styled! I love effortless fashion like that. I also love Stockholm, having just gotten back, and I definitely appreciated the style of its residents!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Love the bikes, too. Scandinavians do better with two-wheeled transport than their American counterparts. That scarf will look even better dancing in the wind as it's owner pedals lazily down the vag . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Haha Ernst, i know this guy, he's not even in high school

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

marvelous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

The only thing that would make this better is if he were on a beach. What a classic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

I think it's very ordinary, you see a majority of people looking like him in most Swedish cities. The belt does not match the Espadrilles and apart from that the whole outfit screams ORDINARY(!). The gray match is something a 10 year old could put up. Sorry mister not a great one

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

looks like he was maybe sporting some ray-bans or something because he has a rayban case in his left hand, possibly took them off for the pic i wonder why?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 PM) : 

Until I clicked on it to see the full size picture I could have sworn that was a girl in a sweater and blue skirt. I like how the different shades of blue all work together. Not fond of the green belt with the red Polo logo spoiling the look.

 

Blogger Mira Vales said ... (4:41 AM) : 

To the Storialist: Well, I think it's simple. What makes the picture androgynous is the look of the guy, his face, his legs (rather feminine) Nothing more. There is actually nothing androgynous about his clothes. Such garment, worn by masculine guy, would look completely manly. His style is great though - very relaxed and casual;

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 AM) : 

The best shorts on a man photo I have ever seen. He wears them, not the other way around!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 AM) : 

I would like to have tea with

 

Blogger Mark M Skiba said ... (5:15 AM) : 

I think it was great to see his eyes but the ray bans would've looked pretty fantastic too!

I'm shocked to read from a few Americans that they reckon you'd get into trouble for wearing such an outfit. Surely not in the large cities? It doesn't seem controversial to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 AM) : 

another guy looking gorgeous with espadrilles!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 AM) : 

I had a weird moment with this pic, I thought it was of an ordinary if confident bourgeois middleaged woman, maybe French, possibly on holiday, and when I enlarged the pic a handsome young man emerged!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

I believe those glasses are from Persol, at least hopefully... The case pretty much remainds of that I have at home.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

He's not even in high school?! I wish I was that stylish when I was a preteen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

If more boys dressed like this, I would be a much happier person.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Upon closer inspection I realized this was a young man and not a young woman... I love that this look can be both male and female and yet work! Great inspiration for those of us who like a little androgyny from time to time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Notice the creases in his shorts.. he's been rolling them up! a friend of mine said the other day, "are you rolling your shorts because of the sartorialist?" i said, "yes, partly.." :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

The sunglass case if ray-ban, i have the new wayfarers and i have the same case for them

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 AM) : 

omg, so hot, love his gey sweater and the shorts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

I'm in love, why did I ever leave Sweden?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 AM) : 

the grey sweater is hot!

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (8:30 AM) : 

Nice belt and scarf...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Seriously, what's up with all these love declarations for this guy? He's got a very bland, typical, boring Stockholm look.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:04 AM) : 

some of you seem to forget that most of the viewers of this blog don't live in Stockholm. What looks normal to you is different to them.

We don't have 14 year olds that dress like this in the US

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (11:02 AM) : 

^we barely have 20 year olds that [can] dress like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

So simple & so wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 PM) : 

very typical look from spanish beaches (change sweater 4 a shirt).
esparteñas in spanish. My grandfather had a factory in spain. He taught me how to do them (handmade). I still make myself a couple of them in summer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

I love a scarf with shorts or any "non-winter" outfit. He looks so sophisticated and I cannot believe he is only 14!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

No offence, but without trying to be arrogant I can only once again realize how ahead Sweden is compared to a lot of other regions regarding fashion when reading these comments, considering how not very sartorialistic this outfit is if you ask the majority of fashion interested people here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 AM) : 

Oh my god, everyone looks like this in Sweden you amateurs.. Don't ask me how i know it, because i live here.

 

Blogger milenkos said ... (11:42 PM) : 

above the knee shorts and espadrilles: can't go wrong, and this young man knows it. A pleasing bagginess, too: hard to pull off!

 

Blogger Emme A said ... (4:00 AM) : 

I just love navy blue espadrilles with white stitching, remind me of my father in the South West of France when I was a kid. He is just adorable.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting