This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street..... Somewhere Around Hoxton, , London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 24, 2008

On the Street..... Somewhere Around Hoxton, , London

Comments on "On the Street..... Somewhere Around Hoxton, , London"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

This picture is worth a thousand words. What I notice, is not the great colour of the blazer or his fedora hat, but the tiny esspresso cup that matches the brass button on his pocket. I also like the red and white beer can on the bar that complements the blue of his jacket and how the wood's colour matches his beard.

I'm not an avid fan of bushy facial hair, but this man can pull it off. There is a very "world traveler"/early 60's vibe to him, offset by the cargo pants. He looks like he'd have some great stories to tell.

 

Blogger Am said ... (6:05 PM) : 

The contrast of the rich blue of the mans blazer and the blazing red of his beard are amazing. It adds depth...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

Moi qui déteste les barbes, je dois bien dire que cet homme a de l'allure, dans son genre.

 

Blogger Kris Underwood said ... (6:26 PM) : 

wow, that's a great picture. Reminds me of Ian Anderson, early Jethro Tull.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

Now THAT's couture on several levels! LOL

Love that color blue.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (6:44 PM) : 

stunning.

a fine portrait.

 

Blogger Edward Alcantara said ... (6:56 PM) : 

He kinda looks like Alan Moore

 

Blogger STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said ... (6:57 PM) : 

you are damned right Scott !
i ve seen amazing photo from Paris there : what is you secret Scotte ?
you are so talented !
i hope reaching your talent in Paris

cheers from Paris


Kamel
STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

I love the way the bold blue jacket compliments his delightfully orange hair.

 

Blogger HappyLegs said ... (7:09 PM) : 

sweet!!! ... but in july?

 

Blogger Gerard said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Saw this photo in GQ and loved it then. I love the details, like how his yellow pin stands out so brightly, and is enhanced by the black button. Fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 PM) : 

I love the boldness of his royal blue blazer. His beard says he's civilized but also an animal underneath. Haha. That's gotta be the smallest cup of coffee I ever did see.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (7:25 PM) : 

What I love about your blog is the stories that these photos imply. There is something happening in these images, especially in the details (a fraying cuff, brass button, discarded toothpick).

http://thestorialist.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:41 PM) : 

YES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

his beard ! the colors!

 

Blogger Queen Vee said ... (7:46 PM) : 

This is one of the best things I've seen. That beautiful beard! The hat! The rumpled cuffs! The combination of ginger hair and peacock blue jacket! I wish more people would feel free to be a bit quirky. It's wonderful.

 

Blogger melissa said ... (7:51 PM) : 

wow! this is fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 PM) : 

Dressed smart like a London bloke!

Sart, sir, what ever happened to the "Style Profiles" you used to do?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Red Stripe and espresso...this guy knows how to party.

 

Blogger DDW said ... (8:22 PM) : 

what a fine fellow...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 PM) : 

wow....luv tht color combination...

kool...

wiiee
adi sg

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

He has mutton chops! I love him because he looks like a young Anthony Trollope might have looked.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

Fantastic man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

lovely.

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (9:47 PM) : 

I love blue and rust/orange.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

He looks like he ought to be in a painting, just like that.

 

Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said ... (10:06 PM) : 

One of my favorites of yours. Striking. Makes me wish I were there having a drink with this gentleman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

I love the jacket.

 

Blogger mollycakes said ... (10:43 PM) : 

i think i'm in love.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (10:50 PM) : 

He gets my respect.

Nothing about him looks "fashionable" but he's totally stylish - and that's my favorite. Even the bushy whiskers don't scare me, they suit him so nicely.

This color (I think It's teele, but I can't spell it) looks great on everyone. The hat, a trilby, I do believe, is the definition of dapper. Love the rumply cuffs and his beautiful hair.

I especially like his earnest and calm expression. Oh, those truth serum eyes. They make me want to confess.

Lovely, lovely man. So British.

Good eye, Sarte. One of my favorites.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

You are a brilliant photographer and have a great eye for what is, well, great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 AM) : 

one of my favs

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 AM) : 

AWESOME MAN!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

This doesn't even look like London,to me it looks like Amsterdam, one of those quayside cafes that the world and his wife frequent. It's a wonderful portrait, the colours are stunning and that man sure knows how to wear a hat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

He looks so fascinating.
Smallest cup of coffee ever?
It's called an espresso...that's what a cup of coffee IS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 AM) : 

people are so different in the world...not in my country:/ yellow-green-pink crowd:/ where are that stylish people?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 AM) : 

black hat

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 AM) : 

he's hot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:42 AM) : 

it's the beard and his beautiful eyes,or rather the rugid facial color, that make the whole look personal.in southern china,judging from what the man wears on head,one can possibly be passed as some fisherman or carpenter.

the man also reminds me of some laurence writer or the german actor starred in Das Boot.

 

Blogger Trapiello said ... (6:47 AM) : 

I love the jacket it's...espectacular!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 AM) : 

A character captured on that exact perfect point in time. Amazing portrait.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

amazing..great "mood" shot! is that fergie in the background? hanc x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

Simply beautiful. He truly looks like he should be in a painting. This is why I want to live in London.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:27 AM) : 

I love how European jackets (or jackets manufactured for the European market) have just enough fabric along the sleeves, and high armholes- american jackets have "blousy" sleeves. Certainly this gent would not have this crisp look if the sleeves were huge; I think it makes a huge difference. I love the shirt, I usually buy some ancient shirts like this, with frayed cuffs and collars, although I am always conflicted as to whether I should wear them to work. Conventional wisdom says they pay me enough to buy new shirts :) but still... Great picture, and love the comment on Red Stripe + Espresso. Have a nice weekend! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

this reminds me of a early beatnick from the early 6os, his eyes are hiding something ,maybe comical or some dark secret. he has a story to tell of his long dead wife or his fight with a giant orca,we really never shall know but we can amuse ourselves by asking why on earth does he wear that jacket?? its a mystery

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

like a haunting movie still.

looks like a pensive laura dern in the background.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Me thinks the sleeves are a bit too long, but other than that, j'adore. Is that a bag w/ graffitti graphics resting on his leg, or another blazer? And is says "Please Respect." Love the subtle messaging.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

The jacket is a masterpiece. I would wear it every day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Vincent Van Gough by way of Dorian Gray. Lovely photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

i am in love with him

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

I think that it is okay to wear a shirt with frayed cuffs. Cuffs tend to be the first to go because of the beating they take when the shirt is pressed.
I think that it is okay to wear a shirt that's not pressed. The wrinkles give a relaxed feeling.
But, for me, a wrinkled shirt combined with frayed cuffs crosses a line. It goes from being "fashionably unconventional" to being "uncaring".
The blazer is great. Love the notch in the collar. Very unusual. The color and the fit are both really nice.
Ten minutes ironing that shirt would change the overall look from disjointed to smashing.

 

Blogger Bailey said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I love the look. And the bag indicating that he is environmentally conscious. Cool and current and still looks like a impressionist painter from a bygone era.

 

Blogger Carolyn H said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I'm not a wild, untamed beard kind of person, but the outfit and the photo are great!

Carolyn H.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

what a blazer!...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Wow, this picture looks so much like old 70s photos of my (dutch artist) father, I had to look twice. Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

This I love and totally believe. Bravo from America!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

how idyllic! this van gogh-like man seems perfectly at ease drinking espresso at an outdoor cafe. very classic, casual, relaxed.

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Even when I don't like the looks I always am impressed by your composition and sense of color.

"did I ever tell you youre my heeeeroo" lol!

 

Blogger Karen said ... (4:19 PM) : 

I didn't think I was going to like this, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. On this fellow, anyway. He wears it well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

This picture is genius!! Fantastic! I loove his beard and the espresso cup... and the color of his jacket is so electric!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

what a sexy sexy man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 AM) : 

Wow. Absolutely beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 AM) : 

Austrian!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 AM) : 

Londoners seriously know how to rock it. Sometimes I'm jealous that I didn't grow up in such a brilliant city.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 AM) : 

this guy is an original with take-it-or-leave-it style. I would love to be the fly on the wall when you (Sart)are trying to convince people to let you take their picture? I take it you do not get too many "no's" once they find out what it is for?

 

Blogger Carla Borel said ... (7:29 AM) : 

I know this guy. This is Pav. He is pretty cool. Can I send you a photo I have taken of him?

 

Blogger Little Shirley Beans said ... (1:01 PM) : 

What a beautiful image. This photo reminds me of the late 19th/early 20th century portraits of Tyrolean men.

 

Blogger Robin said ... (4:42 PM) : 

this honest to go looks like my father.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:12 AM) : 

looks like thats in brick lane. think he works or runs The Three Threads : http://www.thethreethreads.com - a very nice store indeed.

 

Blogger Beth said ... (10:18 PM) : 

The thing that makes it, for me, is his attitude. He's dressed like that because he knows he looks good in it, sure, but he actually probably doesn't give a darn that other people think him stylish.
Good eye!

 

Blogger Jayce said ... (5:39 PM) : 

I love this picture so so much.

Growing a beard is the most fun you can have without doing anything.

 

Blogger mademoiselleb said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Oh wow THIS is perfect !
I could say so much things about that incredible shot.

 

Blogger María Iserte said ... (6:03 PM) : 

I was in love with this man during 5 minutes! He is from Poland and I have met him in July too. Asking him about his clothes.
(:

 

Blogger Crafty Lucy said ... (9:31 AM) : 

That's Pav that is

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting