This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Mr. Cool, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mr. Cool, Florence


Comments on "Mr. Cool, Florence"

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:23 AM) : 

I usually roll my eyes (just a tiny bit) at those comments asking where someone got what, but today I find myself, almost literally, in their shoes. I have been looking for a pair of espadrilles, and found some I like online, but the lace-up ones this gent is wearing on the bottom pic would be just perfect for me! Anyone know the brand? I know, I know... Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 AM) : 

Of course i prefer the first photo!
Very smart

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

This guy is on a first name basis with his iron. The suit is pressed to perfection. The slacks in the bottom photo have creases that are sharp as a knife.
Is the suit herringbone? The resolution on my monitor makes it difficult to tell.
His hair and eyeglasses are both great.
The one thing I don't like about the suit is the slit style of pocket. In jackets that I've owned, if I use slit pockets it ruins the line. Instead, I end up leaving the pockets stitched closed so the jacket looks good, but I lose the function of the pockets. I assume that this is a common problem.
When I have jackets made, I go with flap pockets to give a nice look and still be functional.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

DAPPER! I love his personal style and he has very kind eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Clean as a cat, sharp as a tack, and NO CIGARETTE!!! His ability to combine patterns is just as fine as some others you have posted but he seems less contrived. Love it.

 

Blogger porter hovey said ... (9:58 AM) : 

This guys is just great! Love him in both pictures. The suit is great! The more casual outfit is great. Fantastic.

 

Blogger Melissa W said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I love love love the shoes in the bottom pic!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Love both looks, the bottom one makes me especailly happy- forever young! A lot of people seem concerned with "age appropriateness" in clothing but I think you can dress as you like. You have to do it well, of course.
I sympathize with tj about the problem with besom pockets, but I think leaving my pockets sewn shut would almost feel like the fashion equivalent of leaving the plastic on my lamp shades- I just can't do it. Your pockets need to be usable. It's just not cool otherwise.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Are not flap pockets a more formal affection that some tailors chucked for a more streamlined silhouette? He probably had his suit made that way on purpose because pocket flaps seem so clunky to him. I have suits with both; suits without flaps seem to have a more casual air and look smoother when worn sans tie.

I just bought a suit with this same look (with flaps) and his jaunty look give me some ideas (hmmm!).

Dig those lace-up suedes in the bottom picture. He is a modern Astaire, slim and rackish.--HB

 

Blogger k said ... (10:25 AM) : 

haha indeed very cool

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Those glasses, that v-neck, screaming class from a mile away.
No actually, it is gently spoken, that's the classy way.

 

Blogger Ryan said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I love grey suits and I love his grey suit. Im not a fan of double breasted for myself but i love it on him. The colors are great. The navy/green tie and the blue gingham suit and white pocket square. Wish i could see the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

It's rare to find a man who dresses as well casually as he does formally. And with such a serene countenance!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Yes, he is Mr. Cool!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

They're the same man right? It really potrays his worklife and casual lifestyles. One's smart, the other's relaxed. This man's got taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

The glasses look as though they are drawn on

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Sharp, hip and cuddly...all at the same time!

 

Blogger beths said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Likely the shoes come from an old family-run shop in Barcelona. I brought a pair of these back for my son who loves shoes but whose focus till then had only been on SB shoes.

 

Blogger Arethusa said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Now here's the man I'm in love with. Too cool, too dapper!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

He looks fantastic in the suit. Great colors, great patterns. Only quibble: He has the jacket buttoned incorrectly. He probably did it on purpose but it doesn't work. If he wants a jacket that buttons that way (6 to 1) he should buy a 6 to 1. But 6 to 1s suck. He should button his 6 to 2 correctly--buttoning the second button and not the bottom.

 

Blogger twelve.dollar.soup said ... (1:06 PM) : 

This man is my hero.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Re: your comments about posting too much Lino----This Is a man I could stand to see less of, not Lino!

 

Blogger Diana said ... (3:30 PM) : 

WOW, a man that can dress, he looks so dapper. I hope I spelled that right.

 

Blogger David Fang said ... (4:08 PM) : 

He buttons his suit that way on purpose. I remember a pic of him posted a few months ago that showed him in a brown suit. That's style man. Stop being so anal about stuff like that, he's doing his thing without giving a shit what other ppl think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

this man is adorable! love the stance (and the shoes!) so full of character.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

does anyone know who this is?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Whoaaaa....

I'm with Jorge (who's awesome by the way) about those shoes. I usually never ask, just because that's someone's style, and also it's way out of my price range, but those are amazing!!! And his top in that second photo as well. Whoever this man is, well done sir. Well done indeed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

both posts are simply delightful.
this man embodies what modern dressing is about, to me anyway. his is very precise and disciplined while absolutely free in his choices.
being a mature man he practices an approach that is universally age appropriate. any 18 years old can pull off with ease any of his looks.
lino's style is great but he is very age and lifestyle specific.
admire your eye, sartorius.
you've got a russian fan here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

The clothes are great, sure, but this man has an extraordinary face and a calming aura that I can feel from the other side of the screen! I'd love to meet him; I hope he's as kind as he seems.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

if only my dad could dress like this..swoon

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

d2fang,

I sincerely doubt anyone who dresses so well or pays so much attention to how he looks doesn't care what other people think; indeed, why would he pose for a blog photo? Trust me, I'm the least 'anal' person you'll meet when it comes to matters sartorial and I agree rules were made to be broken--but some stuff just looks plain stupid: Charlie Rose's unbuttoned shirt cuffs, David Letterman's half-buttoned DB coats, anything Larry King has EVER worn and yes, this gent's style of buttoning this coat. Like I said, he probably did it on purpose. Doesn't mean it looks good.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (8:09 PM) : 

This man is the epitome of style and good taste. I know nothing about how men's suits should fit and button but my eye can see that he's not to be trifled with when it comes to clothes. He knows exactly what he's doing and I would suggest that students take note. This cat will school ya right.

Excellent.

 

Blogger beths said ... (9:15 PM) : 

The lace-up espadrilles in question are not expensive; I believe they cost $40-50 last summer. The shop is a delight--wonderful, kind service and an incredible array of styles:
http://www.lamanual.net/

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Wow. I want to know where he came from and how he became so darn cool:
http://thestorialist.blogspot.com/2008/07/thursday-july-31-2008-mr-cool.html

And the glasses are wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 AM) : 

This guy must love dark blue, even his watch band is blue! Great attention to detail, two thumbs up d(^-^)b.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 AM) : 

Ok, I like both looks but... White socks?!! To me that's a big no no. He would be better of without socks or with a darker color

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

Someone's already said it and I have to agree. First thing I thought on seeing the bottom photo was - It's Fred Astaire!! That bent knee makes him look like he's about to launch into a light as air routine - wonderful!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (8:32 AM) : 

Top: perfection.

Bottom: perfection.

PS, the commitment to dressing beautifully, particularly by men, is a wonderful thing.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (10:37 AM) : 

I am a big, and I mean BIG, fan of ties... I have to wear them almost every day and I love them. I thi the tie on the top pic is gorgeous and it goes perfectly eith the shirt and suit. I also wear glasses and those are levely although they would not go with my shape of face....

Good Work here Sart!

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (10:38 AM) : 

P.D. And the watch, although not very visible, is a classic love... (on the top photo I mean).

 

Blogger Karen said ... (10:46 AM) : 

The first photo is indeed tres cool. An excellent suit, well cut for this gentleman. Second photo is tres casual, and still very well put together. This is what "casual Friday" is supposed to look like.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

this guy is brilliant! And he has one of those faces that you love to look at, so interesting, so cool, yet so kind, reassuring and trustworthy... wow thats one great face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

wow! What great taste! This man looks so unique and classic.

www.choubelle.wordpress.com

 

Blogger YUKI said ... (2:51 AM) : 

This guys style is amazing. So crisp. A true Gent. Shoes on the bottom pic are great. They look like what we would call "winos" here on the West Coast. But these have the espadrille sole. Very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

I think I used to have Mr. Cool's glasses... and I'm female!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

He's the man.He's Mr. Akamine, the Japan Guru fashion consultant.Also he has a Blogspot on the net...Style has no time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

I think the suit is sharkskin, not herringbone. Is he Mr. Ochiai? just great!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:18 PM) : 

he could so easily be an accountant for the Yakuza in that top photo.
gotta say, the photographer deserves a lot of credit for drawing out the charm out of this man..

 

Blogger londondog said ... (3:18 PM) : 

Definitely one of my faves on your blog. Again and again he presents that effortless quietly confident chic that just gets better every time. Also, I always love a double breasted suit on an older man - there is something distinguished about the combo of age and double breasted shape. THe youth somehow does not fit it in the same way...

Interestingly, that wall in the first pic seems familiar... haven't you caught Lapo Elkann with the same background some months ago? Either it's a great backdrop for a photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

This gentleman totally reminds me of someone who could have run with the Rat Pack back in the day - Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr.....

 

Blogger P. Lee said ... (7:11 AM) : 

Great inspiration for people who wear suits on a daily basis. Very nice work on matching of tie, shirt and suit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

I'm in love with Mr. Cool.

 

Blogger Tim McFarlane said ... (7:59 PM) : 

This guy has great style and his suits always fit really well.

 

Anonymous rüya tabirleri said ... (5:56 AM) : 

The one thing I don't like about the suit is the slit style of pocket. In jackets that I've owned, if I use slit pockets it ruins the line. Instead, I end up leaving the pockets stitched closed so the jacket looks good, but I lose the function of the pockets. I assume that this is a common problem.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting