This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Ian Hylton, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

On the Street.....Ian Hylton, Soho



I used to work with Ian when I had a showroom and he was designing for one of the companies I represented.

He is an original Sartorialist - he really love the act of dressing-up.

Think a male Diana Vreeland.

Ian lives in China now and we just happened to bump into each other in Soho yesterday.

Like everytime I see him, I was completely blown away by the perfection of his suit (MTM, of course).

Heavy cotton, unlined and must have been perfect for yesterdays early Spring weather in NYC.

While he is in town I am going to shoot Ian a few more times because he is one of those guys that I can't wait to see what he comes up with each day.

Of, course I asked about the manbag (I hope it doesn't distract this post from the perfection of the suit).

Apparently it takes so much paper money to buy anything in Hong Kong dollars that he started carrying the bag just to tote around the cash.

Sounds like a perfectly Vreeland-ish response to me.

Comments on "On the Street.....Ian Hylton, Soho"

 

Blogger my jekyll doesnt hide said ... (8:10 AM) : 

perfect cut suit in beautiful color. man bag is not my style but the guy made it work (considering that it's croc, should have cost a fortune)
perfect amount of cuff shown. just one thing, even with the zoomed version i couldn't figure what exactly was going on with the hankie..

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (8:11 AM) : 

VREELAND!

Go whip yourself thirty times with a wet pashmina.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

I love the suit, shirt and tie. i like the fit of the suit, the almost short pant pants. It's a beautiful shade of blue too, perfect for him. But the accessories? At first i would have preferred a more classic sunglass frame but actually looking closely that frame works perfectly. Brought up in England i believe brown brogues are not for he city and i've never even heard of a manbag ?? although i love the reason he carries it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 AM) : 

Love the cut of the pants - also the length - perfect!
PS. Typo on Vreeland (sorry, I am a proofreader!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 AM) : 

Does'nt do it for me. Too tight fitting, sleeves too short, wrong shirt and tie. I wont even start on the bag.

Compare this image with the image from the guy from London below.

No contest.

 

Blogger fashion life said ... (8:43 AM) : 

It realy is perfect, and he wears it very well.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (8:50 AM) : 

perfection!

it's like he got up this morning and they sewed the suit on him.

love the glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

I most definitely disagree with the perfect suit comment. I think it looks too painted on. In addition there seem to be a lot of fit errors in the shoulder area.

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Hence the term "money bags"- hee hee hee. Mr. Ian wears a suit very nicely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM) : 

wow he looks fantastic! what a perfect suit. and I LOVE the man bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

word. i digg the whole spiel

 

Blogger LichMD said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Love the look.
I don't like the patch pockets on the jacket, I would have preferred hacking pockets for this outfit personally. But overall very sharp.

 

Blogger Johanna said ... (9:39 AM) : 

"blown away" is right. the cut of that suit and the way the gentleman carries it off just made my day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

i love every single aspect of this outfit! it truly is perfection!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I can't remember the last time I saw an outfit so PERFECT on this blog. Of course, no offense to you Scott... simply props to Ian!!!!

 

Blogger LuluBabie said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I CAN NOT find one fault with what he is wearing. Perfection at it's best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

He does look great...but manbags are not manly. I guess it's fine if you live in Hong Kong. I also think the knot on his tie is too small for his spread(cutaway)collar. windsor is the way to go in this case.

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Can a man look sexier in a suit?! ;o) Amazing!
I like how the cut of the suit shows off his beautiful masculine body!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

one word.

DAPPER

but i think it's more because of the way he carries the look, like he could just burst into dance gene kelly style. it is a little tight at the chest area.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

The jacket is a little 'snug' but it's obvious that this is the look he's going> which he carries off to a tee!!
Some men aren't able to do the 'man bag' thing but in this instance I think it's an important part to this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

I like the cut of the suit on a slim guy like your friend. I particularly like the soft construction of the shoulders and the lapels, evidenced by a peak popping up. I believe the manbag is alligator and not croc, but what do I know. It seems to me that with such a slim cut, you dont want to ruin the line by stuffing pockets with keys, cellphone, agenda, and everything else we need these days. Although isn't one of the benefits of MTM that your tailor can see what you carry and construct your pockets accordingly? Not a look for me but I like to see it on thin guys. Jorge from West Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

love it!

oh yes, man purses (or "murses") are very common & necessary in Hong Kong...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

do you follow red carpet fashion, sart? boring as it can sometimes be, I'd love to see who you think hit it out of the park at say, last night's CFDA function or the Costume Institute Gala... But then I suppose those would be pictures you didn't take...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Can't decide whether or not the fit is barely right or just barely wrong. I think it is actually a tad bit too tight. Might have something to do with the fact that it's cotton and I don't think cotton lends itself too well to imperfect cuts. Like the shoes, like the navy, etc. That purse thing would have made his look twice as good if it were a slim briefcase instead...I'd carry around one of those longer bigger wallets long before that contraption. Too much cuff and the pants are a bit too thom browne for me, but hey, he still looks better than 97% of the suit wearing american dudes out there.

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Actually, it's the SCALE of his man-bag that has my head spinning. It's a miniature alligator briefcase, with a strap. How cool is that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

One of the reasons I visit this blog every morning!

His style is excellent, keep up the great work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

FAB-U-LOUS!!! great suit and fit. I would love to see him out of that suit...sorry, couldn't help it! :)

 

Blogger jkh said ... (10:40 AM) : 

trousers and jacket all a bit too tight (see the strange wave on jacket front)and short.
too ambitious, so to say.

you know i am right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

I love his sunglasses! I can't decide whether I like his suit or not..i absoultely love the colour (blue is my favourite colour) and it really suits him, however it does look a little tight and it feels like it doesn't do his body justice though.

On the man bag... I love man bags because they must take so much confidence to carry and good on those people than can do that !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

"One of those early days at Harper's Bazaar I had a brainwave!...'I've got the best idea!...We're going to eliminate all handbags.'" Diana Vreeland

(From her autobiography, DV, edited by George Plimpton and Christopher Hemphill, page 117,
Vintage Books, July 1985.)

Diana Vreeland believed that "there is nothing that limits a woman's walk like a pocketbook." Like me, she loved pockets...large and chic.

 

Blogger An Aesthete's Lament said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Ah, yes, the guy who on "Project Runway: Canada." Admirable look. Very spiffy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

See Sart,
This is the reason why you need to visit Toronto - we're all pretty stylish here. Unfortunately, like most of the world no one gets the fact that great style is born and bred here. If you don't believe me just ask: Jay Manuel, Joe Zee, Tim Blanks and the list goes on!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

He is a good-looking man to be sure, but I get claustrophobic just looking at him. It looks as if the seams of the suit would no doubt rip in numerous places if he had to quickly lunge out of the way of an oncoming cab or if - horrors - somebody tried to make off with his man purse. Pants too short as well. Suit seems emasculating, trying to make him look smaller than he is, which I don't understand, and even worse, it looks uncomfortable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

this man is perfection. i'd like him to marry me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

dandy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

This man's sleek silhouette has it all over the dowdy, old fashioned cut of the London fellow from last week. He looks every bit the young blade. I like his swagger.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Mr. Hylton is undeniably sharp, but this jacket is pulling and buckling and ruching in ways it wouldn't if there were room enough for the gentleman inside it. I'm still not used to seeing grown men who should know better packed into clothes that are evidently too small, but I must admit it doesn't seem as silly to me now as it did when our Mr. Browne first broke out the style. I suspect this look will appear as dated as 80s ice cream pastels and shoulder pads when we get more distance from it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:58 AM) : 

Wow. Love this look, manbag and all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Man-bag indeed! At last a man who knows how to choose a pocket square and animate it. I'd extend the line of the jacket. More man, less boy. The bag and shoes are well-chosen, nice texture and color against that sea of blue. Thank you, Mr. Sartorialist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

so beautiful. this inspires me to dress up. i can't believe how perfect the pants are, and the masculine bag is such a fabulous touch - who says only women can carry handbags?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Ian looks good.

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I wish more men would carry bags. I've been in countries where I've had to carry so much cash and you really do need either 1. a servant to carry your cash or 2. a man bag.

Perhaps next time he'll have an immaculately dressed manservant with him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

what's that he's got in his pocket?
it's definitely not a pocket square, or if it is there's something else

love the jacket, although i agree with the pockets comment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Great suit. The color, the cut. I'm jealous.

 

Blogger Berkley Magazine said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Superb outfit. Original but yet shining with flair. Wasn't this guy posted here previously dressed in a gray suit with blue details and shoes??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Have to agree with specialward, a bit too thom browne for me as well. That said, love the single-statement color of the suit, shirt, and tie (with different patterns and textures) accented by the brown shoes, bag and hankie. The man bag is not my style, but work beautifully here.

 

Blogger Gian said ... (12:54 PM) : 

what does MTM stands for?

Great sartorialist, indeed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Nothing wrong with the 'man bag' thing; he looks sufficiently masculine to carry it off, no problem. what the hell; men need something to carry their stuff in too.
obviously, he can't fit anything into his jacket or trousers; they are hopelessly too tight for him.
he has good taste and good style and I am sure that he will eventually graduate to a more suitable, classic style once he gets through this phase.
when he does, he will very elegant rather than what he looks like now: merely stylishly, uncomfortably squished in his suit.

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (1:25 PM) : 

i LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS LOOK!

AS LUCY ONCE SAID (PARAPHRASING) "IF THAT'S THE KIND OF MANBAG YOU WANTED, YOU CERTAINLY GOT IT." A MINI DEAD LIZARD BRIEFCASE! FAB!

IS ENVY STILL A DEADLY SIN? IF SO, TAKE ME NOW SATAN!

 

Blogger mette said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Wow -he is so handsome. A perfect choice of the bag and the shoes; they compliment his skin color fully.

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Perfection. I long to dress this well on a consistent basis.

 

Blogger we could grow up 2gether said ... (1:52 PM) : 

"M"urse is a MUST for men every season

 

Blogger Angela R Miller said ... (1:57 PM) : 

In the words of ZZ Top, this is one Sharp Dressed Man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

LOVE the color - he looks fabulous but the suit almost looks too small...that being said, he pulls it off like a suit is meant to be worn that way. :) the manbag-i like it even more because it looks masculine! looking forward to seeing his other looks this week.

 

Blogger foodie hunter said ... (2:21 PM) : 

wow. beautiful suit and he wears it very well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Perfection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

This is perfect. He is dressed so beautifully (and so beautiful himself). The color of the suit is perfect and looks great. I also love the bag! Just perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

This is someone who knows how to enhance his build and face with clothes!

It is both practical and stylish to carry such a nice bag, regardless of gender. I imagine he took great care in choosing it, and enjoys using it.

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (2:39 PM) : 

wow, he looks amazing! the suit could possibly be a touch larger, but i feel like that would ruin the feeling of this look. i can't wait to see more shots of him!

 

Blogger Vivek R. said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Wow! Perfect suit... the cut is just amazing and the colour too!

I didn't like the man bag though... there are better designs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Wow! This is one of few examples I would label as perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

I like it!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (3:50 PM) : 

Very dapper but hmmmm. While I don't hate how it looks I must say it doesn't look comfortable and there is something unattractive about a man sacrificing comfort for style. I don't like it much in women either but on ocassion it's necessary. Just my opinion.

If he could only lift his hands above his head or kneel down to pick up a buck off the ground without splitting a seam then he'd get more points in my book.

That said, I am always happy to see a well dressed brotha up in here. And he is definitely perfectly groomed. And I love the color combo and the shades. Even the manbag, which I don't care for generally, is a beautiful one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

the whole look is great...i think the money bag makes it even better..it gives the look an edge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:00 PM) : 

I have no problem with the purse, but I don't like the tiny suit look. It's too Pee Wee Herman. I know it's in style right now, but I don't dig it. Still, if you like that look, he pulls it off quite nicely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

He looks fabulous -- and the best part is he knows it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

everything about him just made my day. Especially the money tote, love it!

 

Blogger aviewaskew said ... (6:58 PM) : 

did someone say manbag? i didn't notice..i was too busy looking at the su..uhmmmm-man. delicious. thank you for waking me up this am.

 

Blogger Bradlex said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Love it, masculine, cut but tight and provocative. Would have gone for a plain shirt to contrast more but that's just my style.

Hate to be a pragmatist but I wonder how it feels to wear/sit in, can't imagine it's great for a day in the office, but still. I want a cut like that!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

A talented dresser, none the less.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

It's a nice enough cut, but the colour does nothing for him & the suit looks several inches too small - a male equivalent of girls whose shirt buttons bulge. Even the pants and jacket sleeves are too short. Is he wearing someone else's clothes?

 

Blogger Schmanna said ... (7:41 PM) : 

I love his manbag - the fact that he is using it as a over the top purse makes it even better. it completes the colorscheme cus it really matches w all the blue's and his shoe's and skintone. and adds a fun touch to his look, imo.

also lovelovelove the color of his suit.

dear god he looks fabulously sexy in it too.
If i were a man i would prolly wanna look something like this ;)

 

Blogger antimicky said ... (8:11 PM) : 

I just want to know how he gets his feet through those tiny leg openings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

DAIUM! what an extrordinarily plush man. kanye would be jelous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

Great fit! Trousers come to a perfect length showing some ankle and shoes perfectly polished. This guy looks great!

 

Blogger wildstar said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Great suit, I love it. It's like a more reasonable Thom Browne. I'm not a huge fan of blue, but that looks great on him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Forget about the suit! Your muse is gorgeous!

 

Blogger tex-dresser said ... (11:06 PM) : 

A little too tight fitting for me. I wonder if the shorter length of the jacket and pants makes it appear tighter than it is?

Do love the color, fabric of the suit and the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM) : 

I don't get the criticisms up here at all... he doesn't just look like some cloying dandy... he has the swagger and je ne sais pas to pull that off and command respect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 PM) : 

very stylish and absolutely loveing his manbag!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 AM) : 

i'm a girl, and i want a suit like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

Nice Ian! Is it a Man Bag or a Murce

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Is it possible to do a Style Profile on Mr. Ian. I would love that.

 

Blogger j'taimee said ... (1:40 AM) : 

I love how well tailored this suit is - it's all in the details.
HEART.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 AM) : 

Love the fit of his suit. Love the cut. Love the silhouette. Love his stance. Hate the croc manbag-- turns him into a caricature of the fashionista.

--PLO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 AM) : 

he is HOT
and the outfit it awsome****

 

Blogger Celia said ... (2:47 AM) : 

Shhhhhhhhhhhharp!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 AM) : 

It's nonsensical he has to tote it around Hong Kong because it requires so much "paper money" to buy anything.

Unless his "anything" constitutes or Jaguars and Houses

 

Blogger SB said ... (3:35 AM) : 

Amazing suit, amazing look!

I have been to many countries in the world but I'm always surprised over the fact that well dressed men in the US has such shorts pants! Where I come from(possible other places as well) men who waears a suit always makes sure that the pants reaches half way down over the heel of the shoe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

I love the spread collar shirt its patterns. The high break in his slacks shows a classy and modern look. And of course the man bag is exceptional, brown and navy is simply to die for. This suit is a great fit for the classic gentlemen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 AM) : 

So perfect it freaks me out.
The sunglasses make the look.

 

Blogger beautylogicblog said ... (5:54 AM) : 

very well put together! hot

 

Blogger lisa said ... (9:10 AM) : 

love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

HOW DID HE GET and HOW LONG DID IT TAKE HIM to find a tie that match his suit so perfectly? it would take me hours to find a blue that matches identically to another blue, excluding apparel from the same designer.
great picture all around.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

mmmm mmmmm mmmmmmmm!!!

 

Blogger thwany said ... (9:23 AM) : 

he's sexy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

no one's said anything about the shoes... they're great. anyone know where they're from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

all the more power to him for the man bag- it looks like croc? and its fab with the shoes... his style is hot- Gina Velasco-esque... totally a hit

 

Blogger Dare said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Flipping Crisp.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Looks like the jacket collar needs to be pressed. The suit is a beautiful shade of blue.
Great shirt, both fabric and fit.
I think the jacket sleeves should be a bit longer. Show a half inch of shirt cuff.
Nice shoes.

 

Blogger Duchesse said ... (2:57 PM) : 

It's clear that you admire this man's style, and as an aesthetic exercise, I do too. However, I imagine if one touched him, disturbed his precisely pruned look, he'd shriek. He is not touchable, he is an exotic object to admire from a distance.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:18 PM) : 

typical overstuffed 'american' fit - too tight, not cool
you must get over this Sartorialist

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

The cut of that suit is just superb. I totally need to get something like this put together in either that swank navy he's got or a smooth black. Well played.

 

Blogger Karina Cifuentes said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Hello, lover!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

I do believe duchesse summed it up perfectly for me... Still, gotta love the silhouette.

--PLO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 AM) : 

Nicholas at 4:18, what nonsense, too tight American, if anything the American look is synonymous with loose.

This man looks absolutely perferct! The widespread shirt, the choice of tie, which is purposely plain in order to contrast it with the pocket-square! And the piece de resistance being the length of the pants and shoes! I'm in awe of this look, one of my favourites ever (and I've been on this blog for many years now). Oh and to those thinking he is uncomfortable, if the suit is indeed cotton, then, as an owner of a slim cut cotton suit myself, there is quite a bit of breathing room allowed by the fabric, especially as you wear the suit in.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 AM) : 

So this is what inspiration looks like! Great pic.

You seem to bump into the most stylish people. Lucky man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Before I say anything - Hong Kong is not in China. And I'm of one mind with Anonymous at 3:25, unless you're buying obscenely expensive goods in Hong Kong, actually anywhere in the world, with cash (credit card?), there is no need for a man bag.
That being said, he works it very well. I love the blue, it's an incredible shade and it complements his skin tone nicely. Just the right amounts of brown and white to balance the heavy colours out. He looks splendidly put together. Never mind the snug fit, or the short trousers which do truncate his legs somewhat - he works it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

I think this post and these comments show that most women commenting about his perfect suit, do not really grasp the concept of fit. I think you(sart.), should do a post about how clothes should fit. A good start would probably be the picture of that Zilli guy from Kiton. It may be a bit apples to oranges(DB vs SB, and cotton vs wool) but I would certainly be a start.

 

Blogger Margaret E. Perry said ... (10:50 AM) : 

maybe i've bene reading the sartorialist too much, but i didn't even think twice about the manbag. it's a beautiful piece, and he wears it well. the suit is perfect, especially the color.

 

Blogger wideyed said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I really love the suit, but the shirt is my favorite part. It's blue lines complete the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

This guy has to carry a man bag because that suit is too close-fitting. If he carried anything in his pockets, it would a) mess up the way the suit looks, and b) be very uncomfortable.

 

Blogger ViVi said ... (11:11 PM) : 

Someone just sent me this link.Hylton is one of my dearest. His suit looks fierce -and so does he, always - but it's nothing on what's IN the suit. One of the most lovely and charming gentlemen you'll ever meet. Elegant yet earthy. Sweet, brilliant, hilarious, delicious. As well loved as he is well dressed. 100 % Perfection. A cool guy and a great time. Total fox.

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (1:01 PM) : 

navy blue and dark brown...looks perfect.

 

Blogger LP640 said ... (2:13 PM) : 

What the heck do you all have against slim suits anyway?

You may be fat, yes, but it works for him. Period.

Suits don't always have to look boring and large.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 AM) : 

Anonymous,

Fit of a suit? How old are you all, 70? People don't have to confirm to your out-dated views on how suits fit. There are many different types of "fits" including SLIM fit. Look at designer runways like Prada, Dolce&Gabbana, Gucci etc. In my opinion, I prefer the slim fit of those suits over more "traditional" boring fits.

That's like saying there is a concept on how jeans should fit which sounds like absolute nonsense since there are many different fits when it comes to trousers.

Wear the clothes, don't let the clothes wear you. This man rocks is slim suit, and it looks nice on him and that's all that matters!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

hm.. is he from the 60s??? What happened to credit card and all that? In Hong Kong, we burn the plastic. Even with transportation we have the octopus card where we don't have to deal with coins.

 

Blogger Amy said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I have only ever seen men with hand bags in Eastern Europe.Never before in the west.
http://amyfielder.diinoweb.com/blog/

 

Blogger Shayela H. said ... (6:35 PM) : 

What a gorgeous fit. He cuts an impressive figure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 AM) : 

Looks fantastic! To complete the look, he just needs an 8-year old's BMX bike to ride around on.

If he could actually ride a bike while wearing that getup.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

1. They take credit cards in Hong Kong.

2. And while lots of guys in Hong Kong carry bags (although rarely quite so purse-like as this particular one), they are not for stuffing full of cash.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I'm in love... if the position of 'stalker' isn't filled, I'm willing to spend a considerable amount of time following this man around.

Someone said it earlier and I couldn't agree more: it looks like he woke up in the morning and had it sewn right on his body. And the man bag is perfect, great size and length of strap (I find some too long making it look like the bag is dangling a little too daintily)...

I know this is supposed to be about fashion, but he's got beautiful hands too.

 

Blogger D said ... (1:32 PM) : 

this is just simply a 10.
Great suit with nice shades. The suit feels to me like something an awesome Japanese guy would wear, from the cut.
his man purse is brilliant in Asia, maybe questionable in New York

actually there is still some skin color prejudice in most East asian countries, but with looks like this i think he'd be leaping over and beyond any such boundaries.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I would go for the bag ... without blinking. If it were THAT bag, of course :) either full or not of HK $

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

hate to be dumb - so embarrassed but who is MTM?
just started reading (fab!) sartorialist today so i get one free pass...?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

it would be virtually impossible for me to try and find one single thing wrong with this outfit.

this man is stunning.
PERFECT look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Huh. I was pretty sure that everyone in Hong Kong took credit cards.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 AM) : 

Sharp, a bit too self-conscious maybe but stylishly so. A connaisseur .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Looking Good Ian - Jord.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Any information available on where it was made? Hong Kong, US, Mainland China? I'm living in Beijing and tailors here are either really cheap and produce stuff I'd not want to wear for five minutes or really, really expensive. Would love to find some in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong that strike a balance. Maybe somebody has a suggestion on where to look.

 

Blogger mademoiselleb said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Your blog is incredible !I love it and I'm adding it to my favourite ones on mine ! :)
Take care xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I came across this photo sort of by accident, but for someone who isn't up on fashion, this really speaks to me. I don't think I could pull off that slim a fit, but I love the color of the suit, the crispness of his shirt. And I love the shoes. Brown with navy looks very handsome. Everything seems to compliment each other. I have a wedding to go to in August, and I'm seriously considering stealing this look. Very sharp!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting