This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Best Use of Vintage, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

On the Street.....Best Use of Vintage, Soho

Comments on "On the Street.....Best Use of Vintage, Soho"

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (8:21 AM) : 

How coooool! So relaxed and yet so sexy... It feels liberating to wear something like that (to me).

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:22 AM) : 

This is exactly how I picture myself when I look in the mirror. Summer done beautifuly.

 

Blogger tomokra said ... (8:26 AM) : 

damn!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Love the sunglasses - great lenses. I saw someone else yesterday with the same color lens tint in some aviators, they were cool too. Is Yves Klein blue the new black ??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Thoes shoes!! Wow, I realy like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

To me this outfit is perfect. My favorite elements are the shoes and belt. Without them the ensemble wouldn't be what it is. This is one of those outfits that makes me wish I thought of it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Looks great!

I like the fact she's drinking ito en tea...nice accessory haha!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 AM) : 

only 3 london Pictures????

Not your cup of tea?

 

Blogger j'taimee said ... (8:59 AM) : 

I love how this outfit really elongates her frame and how sporty and feminine it is at the same same time.
Full marks.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Love the shoes. The natural hue makes her legs look even longer!

 

Blogger stacy said ... (9:08 AM) : 

i'm totally digging it.

i've never seen a shirt jumper like that before!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

I love jumpers, and I think her confidence makes this look work. However I'm curious if this particular jumper allows for much mobility. One wrong move or one drop of sweat could make it look flimsy in the urban world.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Wow - to have the figure to pull off this look! Very summer 2008, and lots of nice references which is kind of what a good look is about now?

(And the pale blue/mustardy yellow is my current favourite combination)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Having great legs helps but this is personal style at its best.

 

Blogger Celia said ... (9:35 AM) : 

I need a jumper exactly like this. Shoes, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

a simple model always been the most shocking

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

where did she get those shoes???

 

Blogger Diana said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Till what age can such outfit be worn (completely cellulite-free of course)?

Does it depends on figure only, or does a non official age-rule exist?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Vintage is putting it kindly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

great look , this young lady has a beautifull figure and good taste!and the sunglasses fit her perfectly.
(was hoping sart that u could dedicate maybe some photos on sunglasses and how to choose them..)

 

Blogger Lizzie said ... (10:33 AM) : 

wow.

Money.

I have that hair, but for some reason it looks much better on her. Every thing about this is perfection. I want that jumper!

 

Blogger Keisha Kornbread said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I love throwbacks!!

She looks great and the redo of that style looks fresh!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

such a cute, simple outfit. and those legs! wow. she's really pulled this look off.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (10:49 AM) : 

how gorgeous is she. she looks a bit like kate moss to me - but better, of course!

her shoes are fantastic.

 

Blogger Mycho said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Hello from Guadeloupe. Just to say, I want the same. Really love it. See u.

 

Blogger fashionista said ... (11:05 AM) : 

The epitome of summer, effortlessly chic. It's tough to be a fan of the jumper but she got the proportions exactly right. She pulls it off so fabulously, I would never even attempt to replicate.

-Cathy
www.cathyphillipsfashion.com

 

Blogger amyw said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Casual yet polished; how everyone wants to look in the summer. The belt elevates the whole look.
PERFECT!!!

 

Blogger sisty said ... (11:44 AM) : 

What is that she's wearing? Looks like a junior high school gymsuit!
I'm not wild about it, but she'd look good in anything.

And I agree about the shoes -- great color.

 

Blogger makenew said ... (11:52 AM) : 

This is how my mom dressed in the eighties. brown flats. big hair. short shorts, wayfarers, wrinkled cotton.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Casual, sexy, perfect - both the outfit and her. Definately a pic to keep for inspiration.

 

Blogger Sam said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Whoa! I work on the wrong block.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

reminds me of Lauren Hutton. simple and sexy.

 

Blogger gloriousday said ... (12:11 PM) : 

for the love of all that's holy, where does one procure such perfect shoes??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Total perfection. I'm green with envy. It makes me want to go out and buy a jumpsuit!

 

Blogger The Food Girls said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Wow. Such a throwback to the 70s. I remember wearing those when I was a preteen! It suits her so well.

 

Blogger k. berry said ... (12:48 PM) : 

THIS is what pulled-together summer attire should look like! Crisp, clean, stylish and effortless.

 

Blogger Alaiyo Bradshaw said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Oh, oh my gosh...wow. How in the...? I'm stunned by this outfit. I've had a crush on the jumsuit/romper concept for a while but never thought I could get away with it. Not to mention that I would never have thought of those shoes! What can I say...it's great. I also wonder about if the fabric would stand up to the heat, where one could get some shoes like that/ jumpsuit like that, and I think that the age thing might be an issue, in response to the age comment. It probably all depends, on one's style and figure and attitude, etc. Anyway, I love this!

 

Blogger aviewaskew said ... (12:54 PM) : 

cool blue...shes breathing sexy..luv the tinted shades

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

What a casual beauty. Spot on, simple and unexpected. I'm picturing her & me in a little M.G. heading for tea at half past three. Lame, I know.

 

Blogger Make Do Style said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Oh how envious I am of the sort of day this look conjures up! Perfect look for a sunny NY day in Soho - warmer than Soho London!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

mini-shirt-jumpsuit? very nice smart look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Definitely the best jumper I've ever seen, she has the attitude to pull it off without looking like a 6-year-old. Now, this may sound totally bizarro, but does no one else think she looks EXACTLY like Johnny Depp?? The hair + sunglasses + face shape + lips....maybe it's rude to say a woman looks like a man, but not when it's a man as beautiful as Johnny.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

that's georgeous
do you by chance know the designer?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

I love her style, very elegant and chic.

I love this blog, keep up the stunning work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

She looks beautiful, but:
I am having trouble with the romper thing. It looks like a large pair of mens boxer shorts. She seems completely exposed, and I imagine it rides up, ahem, quite a bit when she sits. I don't care for it, wish it was a dress or shorts and a shirt.
Otherwise, gorgeous composition and woman.

 

Blogger Tiago said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Very, very... dreamfull...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

amazing. the whole look somehow reminds me of "when harry met sally". her hair is great, too. but is such a jumper actually comfortable??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

My ideal style. The jumpsuit looks like it could be from Urban Outfitters, or Steven Alan...the shoes? I have a couple pair almost exactly the same, VINTAGE - you have to look for tiny men's sizes. They look great with faded cuffed jeans, men's style trousers & a fitted tank, short dresses & skirts, shorts... and yes, a tan and nice long leds help!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

I'm in love.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Looks great! It's cool and must be very confortable for a hot day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

LOVE everything about this! She looks so fab!

 

Blogger raguandroses said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Hell, is she confident!
Summery, super feminine, relaxed, short, yet not a bit showy or vulgar, comfortable,perfect pose too...thumbs up!

 

Blogger Piztachio said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Simple, relaxed, and beautiful at the same time. Wonderful.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (4:51 PM) : 

I love this!!! I have quite a similar jumpsuit. She mixed it beautifully with that belt and those shoes!

 

Blogger Karina Cifuentes said ... (4:55 PM) : 

After the much-anticipated arrival of Summer, women can now show a little more skin. And this long legged girl did it just right without revealing too much. Must-head-to-gym.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Simply quite simple and stunning.

For a great example of the vintage look check out Ocean in Vanacover the next time you are there.

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (5:05 PM) : 

can you explain what you mean by "best use of vintage" please ?

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (5:13 PM) : 

As we can see with this look, Summer is here!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

I just watched Goldfinger last night, and it features a Miami poolside scene in which Sean Connery's James Bond wears this exact same outfit in terrycloth. It looks better on her, I think.

 

Blogger meva said ... (5:33 PM) : 

It's a knockout! I can't recall when I've seen a finer pair of legs. Gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

Sart - i second maya 10:32am about some photos and advice dedicated to sunglasses and the wearing of... it would also be interesting to see how you choose to photograph some head shots instead of your more usual full or 3/4 body shots. Your blog has taught me just as much about photographing people as it has about style and I want to thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

I'm having trouble with the clothes. It works because she is dripping confidence, but I'd be surprised if it worked in all positions, so to speak, and I just wouldn't be comfortable with it on my bottom. And isn't going to the bathroom a bit of a pain? But she is working it, and I love her shoes.

 

Blogger Bradlex said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Knockout, shoes and waist-belt make the look. The flat shoes and high-ish neckline make give it a much more subtle look. Without sounding too brash you cam imagine the one-piece could look much more (probably too) provocative if accessorized differently.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 PM) : 

Almost thought I was looking at an old photo of Jacquleine Bissett ... this is that effortless cool that everyone wants but rarely gets.

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (7:10 PM) : 

This looks like it was done effortlessly. I love it.

 

Blogger Bansaipipeline said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I prepared to call them as vintage Oakley Frogskins.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 PM) : 

I've never seen a jumpsuit look so sophisticated and relaxed before.
Ever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

I love how she's holding Tea's Tea (very trendy)

 

Blogger Red Queen said ... (8:50 PM) : 

She looks wonderful but for women, jump suits are simply not worth the bother!

 

Blogger LichMD said ... (9:20 PM) : 

Very 70s Jackie Bisset

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

This looks just like my gym uniform from private school... which I totally loved! It was so comfortable and, I have to admit, I felt pretty darn cute in it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

I like it. But it takes an amazingly good body (like this woman's) to pull it off.

 

Blogger Candace said ... (9:59 PM) : 

The shoes, belt and sunglasses simply do it for me! Her face and figure pull off the look very nicely....and effortlessly!

 

Blogger stace g. said ... (11:40 PM) : 

I need to lose weight!

 

Blogger James said ... (11:40 PM) : 

Great contrast between background and foreground: mundane modern and classy timeless. It gives attention to the model. Love the pose and the shoes.

 

Blogger Sunglasses Guy said ... (11:57 PM) : 

I don't think those are Oakley's.

But they do look like some kind of Ray Ban rip-off (what doesn't?). However, the blue hue, I just can't figure out. It might actually be the Yves blue. I am not a big fan. I prefer a grey or brown, from the outside and in.

 

Blogger Bansaipipeline said ... (12:23 AM) : 

You see Yves Klein Blue, I say thermonuclear protection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

This is EXACTLY what my mother used to wear in the late 1970s - the coolest retro style pic you've posted in a while. Thanks for taking me down memory lane.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 AM) : 

she exudes such a sexy confidence and completely pulls off this hard-to-wear jumper. the nude shoes add a nice fluidity and the skinny belt ties it all together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

Quite simply, the most beautiful and sexy girl ever on The Satorialist.

 

Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said ... (1:03 AM) : 

This is so sexy!! Love the whole look.

p.s. commenter stace g. - I feel the same way!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

I love these shoes more than anything- I would wear them with a linen suit. Also, I agree that this oxford uniform shirt blue is definitely becoming the new default color for daytime this summer.

 

Blogger Saucy said ... (2:06 AM) : 

A nice Lauren Hutton vibe.

 

Blogger Mlle M. said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Hot. Definitely not like any gym suit I've ever had.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 AM) : 

i love the shoes!
it works well with the jumpsuit. the hair and glasses do each other justice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 AM) : 

I love her shoes; they are so versatile!

 

Blogger Marianna said ... (4:02 AM) : 

wow, amazing look. The shoes especially!!! And the sunglasses! Only she can pull this look off!

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (4:09 AM) : 

I think that she looks absolutely stunning. See how dressing up appropriately makes someone look irresistible.

 

Blogger Kaja said ... (4:39 AM) : 

I love the dark nails. And everything else. (exept maybe the glasses, its too much of the 80's for me to handle)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 AM) : 

Splendid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 AM) : 

I think I'm the only one who immediately thought of Carrie Bradshaw, and I assure you that is not because the movie is out now. I like this look, execept I do think she is quite exposed. I'd be scared to see her from the back to be honest, lots of riding up I would imagine. But that's just speculation, she looks great from the front. And honestly, if she was 15 pounds heavier this would be a little disasterous so I'd say don't try this at home to 99.9% of the female population.

Energie

 

Blogger suzannemarques said ... (7:00 AM) : 

love this entire outfit!!!!
i just bought a jumpsuit. i'm all about dresses or one piece items right now.
great shoes and belt too.. looks so effortless, but elegant and timeless.

 

Blogger Carissa Duhamel said ... (7:27 AM) : 

GORGEOUS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I love the 70s/80s vibe going on. This is really one of the few females I've seen able to pull off that shoe.
Only gripe is that the belt cuts her upper body in half - very unattractive. Had she moved it downwards, around her hips there would be a 2/3 composition, more flattering.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Smart, sexy, delicious !!!

 

Blogger Topham Beauclerk said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Oh.My. Leaves me breathless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Nonchalant perfection.

 

Blogger Rebecca said ... (1:55 PM) : 

yes-- what are the shoes, what the sunglasses?

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (3:40 PM) : 

perfect. she is so effortlessly cool and confident. i adore this photograph!

 

Blogger M. said ... (3:52 PM) : 

If I had those shoes I would wear them almost everyday. Where can one buy such gorgeous footwear?

 

Blogger efox said ... (6:59 PM) : 

How is it possible to show so much leg and still look dignified? Maybe it's the shoes...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 PM) : 

I had a pair of similar shoes in oxblood, bought 1984 at Bally's in London. Had them re-soled, re-heeled so many times they "shrunk". Currently have a pair of vintage 9West Sport 4 colour brogues. You can also buy new women's or men's online from Crockett and Jones UK (only in solid colours)though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 PM) : 

SHE ROCKS

 

Blogger Lizzy Lamia Burkart said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Great short combi, love the starsky and hutch imagery style!! Love the shoes too, but they dont fit here, absolutly not!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

i second kaja--love everything but the sunglasses. they push it over the edge. too much 80's is still too much 80's. blech.

 

Blogger Bansaipipeline said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Days have passed but I'd still marry it. Stare-you-in-the-eye-hot. Fact.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:03 AM) : 

That is my EXACT gym outfit (the jumper) in High School! I am not kidding ... I am sure that is what it is. I went to school in the southeast, and I will not tell what year, but it was not recently.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Wow, I could never pull this off... but it looks *amazing* on her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Excuse Me - But may I say - What a babe!!

 

Blogger NICOLE said ... (4:20 PM) : 

vintage done so so right


http://theavenuea.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (5:47 PM) : 

lauren hutton! jackie bisset! you guys got those references dead on! good fashionistas!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 AM) : 

She looks like demi moore in the height of her popularity (pre-Ashton Kutcher). I love her shape and her hair, you rarely see that look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

her jumpsuit looks like something from the 'lover' collection..

i absolutely love this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 AM) : 

For a nearly identical shoe (the heel is slightly different - may be a different year's version) see GudrunSjoden.com's "dance shoe". Art.no.:81-807 color camel. 143 Euros., in the Spring 2008 accessories collection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

I was asking myself why I won't met any woman like her here in Naples....just another step toward perfection, even the bottle (which is horrible) appears part of wonder.

 

Blogger r.filgueira said ... (11:14 AM) : 

jacqueline bisset

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 AM) : 

one of my favorites! bellisima!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

simply put this is perfect. I MUST find myself a jumper like this, how fantastic!!

 

Blogger girl@boroughvintage said ... (6:53 PM) : 

What I find great about this outfit - is the comfort of wearing an oversized man's shirt in public - without getting strange looks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Women, take note and dress like her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

I love how well this works!. Its so classic yet progressive and not boring. Great stuff.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 AM) : 

vintage and... sexy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

who made that twee romper originally? anyone have any idea? it's super rad... and might do on the one warm day a year we have in SF.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 AM) : 

simply awesome. (:

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

she looks so confident and effortlessly put together.

i love that at a first glance, her jumper almost looks as if it could be a shirtdress.

simply gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Perfection, I want those shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Urban Outfitters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

oh mein Gott!! mesmerizing..
the jumper, the belt, the shoes, the sunglasses.. nothing but PERFECT!

 

Blogger Juan Gali said ... (9:07 AM) : 

who is she? I want to marry this woman

 

Blogger Jeremy & Erin Morin said ... (6:05 PM) : 

Beautiful. I adore this photo and I want this jumper. This is summer to me: relaxed hair, light fabric, chic sunglasses, perfect.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:01 PM) : 

i love the simplicity

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

The 4 "C's"---Casual, cute, classy, and simple.

In my head, she is my girlfriend, and we are strolling through lower Manhattan on a lovely spring afternoon.

Very well done.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting