This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Navy Trench, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, May 22, 2008

On the Street...Navy Trench, Paris


I hate that it's past Mid-May and I could still wear a great look like this in NYC right now.

Comments on "On the Street...Navy Trench, Paris"

 

Blogger Shaina said ... (10:23 AM) : 

I feel you, Sart. This weather is depressing and has really cut into the whole "dressing for spring" time of the year. I try to compensate by wearing bright colors to cheer myself up, even if it means I still have to layer them underneath a sweater, jacket, scarf and umbrella!

I'm ready for Summer!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I LOVE the look and LOVE that we can still layer up in May...I want to hold onto fall for as long as possible!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

And they laughed at Gucci when they sent ascots down the runway, and look at these young things now. I love how the various colors come together, and how the eggplant scarf is sort of the grand finale for the outfit. I am not a big fan of creased flat-front khakis, but they accentuate the man's long legs. Great setting as well. Best from sunny south Florida, Jorge.

 

Blogger Moniker said ... (11:42 AM) : 

I like everything except the shoes :(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

i like this a lot. he's quite cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Come to Amsterdam, the weather here is great!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Love the color mix! And the ascot...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Cool look, great execution. I like the truly classic colors. This guy seems to be in perfect harmony, who he is and how he looks. He could be the son of Julian Sands & Tatum Oneil, if they ever hooked up. This gray cold thing looks all to familiar and it sucks. Let the sunshine. Thank You.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I love his pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

hannes hetta!

 

Blogger mc582 said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Maybe you are glad to know that here in Milan we are having the same weather; and I just love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

There's something so poetic about this. He looks like a ghostly philosopher-pirate. The jewel-tones, the hair, the soulful eyes are androgyny perfectly done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Is this a guy or a girl? Looks a little like Claire Danes but could also be a male. How sad. Love the outdoorsyness of it all though, regardless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

victorian gentleman style!!

Kit

 

Blogger cat minoki said ... (4:43 PM) : 

If this is a pic taken in may, it is really depressing.
It´s a dramatic outfit, well chosen outfit, may be a bit too much of volume for such a delicate body.
And sorry to say that but the shoes look awkward. Some simple brown brogues would have done it.

I am indecisive about wearing two scarves/ + cravat in the same time.
But the violet one here adds some beautiful colour.

 

Blogger JC said ... (4:49 PM) : 

I'd wear this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

very Dickensian...i love the colour palette, it brings it up to date but i really can't tell if it's a girl or a boy ? there's a whole story going on here and i love that.

 

Blogger Patrick Booth said ... (6:54 PM) : 

He kind of looks like Paul Banks from Interpol, except he is not wearing enough black.

 

Blogger Màrta said ... (7:59 PM) : 

Wow he's so cute,love the colors
have a nice day sart
;D

 

Blogger statuskuo said ... (12:54 AM) : 

liked everything about the clothes except the trousers and the shoes. It made the rest of his outfit look oversized, and his legs stumpy.

The two scarf thing is wicked (that's a good thing, to those of you out there who don't understand my slang).

Get rid of the cigarette, and I'll forgive the haircut because it's this person's unique look, even if I don't love it.

Can you tell us any more details about your photo subjects (e.g. where they get their stuff)?

 

Blogger Fashion Tidbits said ... (1:25 AM) : 

oooo i like the layered on colours!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 AM) : 

Shucks, this is how I aspire to look! Fantastic coat with little details (see buttons at the bottom), then those slil pants, paired perfectly with those perfect shoes (fashion-conscious but not a victim) and then of course the scarf and cravat!! He has nailed this so much it hurts!

Energie

 

Blogger Yi said ... (8:20 AM) : 

I love his androgenous look. Had to do a double take to see and i think that's what great about this picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Instantly I thought.. frumpy. But on further investigation, everything is really good quality and immaculately put together.

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (11:37 AM) : 

hooray for androgyny!

 

Blogger Roxana Farahmand said ... (10:23 PM) : 

Absolutely lovely! Those colors are great and that face is a dream! Is it really that cold though in Paris? He's wearing TONS of layers!
I agree about the weather thing. I'm in southern california right now and we're having the oddest bout of weather fit for the east coast but definitely not the sunny west!

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (7:07 AM) : 

Those trousers are killing me! Sart, you'd better bring some layers to London, the weather is truly all over the place.

 

Blogger Lizzie said ... (9:15 PM) : 

I wish I could layer right now. It is hot as hell in Alabama.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:35 PM) : 

He looks good x.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 AM) : 

This has to be the most intriguing of Sart's photos I've seen in a long time. There's nothing trendy or obvious about this outfit. It feels simultaneously really weird and perfectly right. This guy is the type of person designers take inspiration from, in a years time we'll probably see this look being sold to us for thousands of bucks. Fantastic! I can't take my eyes off him.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:12 AM) : 

I love navy coats!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Love it. Quite a Euro thing going on which I always enjoy. I agree though ( I'm from Toronto), what is with this May weather!

 

Blogger Baking With Plath said ... (2:11 PM) : 

I love the layers and colors. Great outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

I'd like to see a woman pull off this look with a different pair of shoes and a dark grey bag. great colors, love the purple

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

The layering is actually making me upset that it's summer right now. And that means humidity in New York City. And sweat never equals fun.

What fascinates me most is the color palette. I've always wanted to take the olive green-navy blue-dark purple route, but have always been afraid of screwing it up.

Love the details on the coat. Would also have liked to see the bag! Little things ALWAYS matter.
And I think it works well here. And he's pretty damn cute

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (3:04 AM) : 

One of my favorite color combinations. This would work well for a man or a woman. it's comfortable and put together.

He's go the right attitude to be holding a cigarette and looking so defiant. "I dare you Americans to call me out for smoking!"

 

Blogger mette said ... (6:33 AM) : 

How funny. This time I really think that this is a picture of a girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

He is a stylist for Vogue Hommes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I think I kinda like the shoes. but maybe only in a photograph, from this angle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

he could probably pass as a fairly thorough and veracious Raskolnikov. except , perhaps , it would be better if he had a darker shade of hair ; since it this lighter shade evinced that takes away from said veracity . I don't recall raskolnikov smoking , either , but perhaps this was an innocent omission . One needs originality - needles to say , and once can always affect certain characteristics

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting