This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....In Blue, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On the Street....In Blue, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....In Blue, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Blue, songs are like tattoos
You know Ive been to sea betore
Crown and anchor me
Or let me sail away...

absolutely beautiful colour.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Pashmina for men?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Daring! He is cool.

 

Blogger Jake Troth said ... (5:50 PM) : 

There is something about the wrap not being overlapped that bothers me. I feel that it loses its effect when its open, exposing the chest like that. i do enjoy the color though. There is definitely something soothing about that blue.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:57 PM) : 

That scarf is just so ‘bien parida’ which basically means it’s beautiful, wonderful and gorgeous. The way it’s combined with jeans, greyish t-shirt and blue velvet looks very pretty and sexy to my eyes although if I think of it rationally, I find the whole kind of too well studied, too perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 PM) : 

love him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

the shot is so gorgeous...color, composition, all of it. and on him, the scarf looks just right. I love seeing accessories that people obviously buy to actually wear, without trying for a studied perfection that too often gets in the way of inspired spontaneity. perfect!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (6:31 PM) : 

such a beautiful shade of blue - its a stand out but also subtle...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

This looks like the zadir of the big scarf trend. It's gotta be downhill from here.

 

Blogger Helen said ... (7:07 PM) : 

I have a pashmina that colour. I wish I thought mine looked as good on me as his does on him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 PM) : 

exquisite

 

Blogger anastasia said ... (7:58 PM) : 

the deep glowing velvet and the soft blue look absolutely gorgeous together. this would look great for a velvet sofa and throw.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Rakish!

The fact that this scarf is tied in such a loose fashion is an interesting contrast with the neatness of his hairstyle and the elegance of the velvet jacket. The jeans add a casual tone to this eclectic, old money, look. This is a wonderful alternative to the preppy and tweedy ensembles we have seen. It is continental, I would say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

Beautiful!!!

 

Blogger SocalStyle said ... (8:27 PM) : 

These blues are wonderful.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:28 PM) : 

Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 PM) : 

Enormous blue scarf with blue velvet jacket and jeans. Almost crazy, but comes out looking very hip. I wonder what shoes he is wearing.

 

Blogger Kunimodo said ... (8:54 PM) : 

this man is so chic and makes me want to be in paris.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 PM) : 

It is a pretty shade. I was trying to figure out why I wasn't responding to this look and it hit me-- I live near Duke University, it's basketball tournament time, and **everybody** is wearing this color here, so it's like color fatigue. I do like the twist at the neck, and the blue blazer underneath.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

Somewhere, Gainsborough is smiling! Though I love the blues, I'm not sure about the scarf and the velvet(een?) jacket together--it just feels a bit like the textural frosting is overpowering the cake. On the other hand, I suspect a lot of people can't resist petting him, which could be quite an enjoyable result.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

i love the colour, particularly the jacket. And his hair is awesome.
But I really don't like the way the scarf is wrapped at all. It looks messy and comical.

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (10:42 PM) : 

what might the scarf be made out of? is pashmina the definite consensus? because i like the way it seems to be textured..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 PM) : 

no he does not look chic, he looks like he is trying too hard..its not a good look in my opinion

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 PM) : 

I love the blues. he makes it work so well with the different shades. brilliant.

 

Blogger Sukesh Kumar said ... (2:02 AM) : 

Never imagined if pashmina-shawl could be for men!!
Wonderful!

 

Blogger Teal Chic said ... (3:00 AM) : 

scarves are so chic this year, everybody needs one! he looks fab!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

WOW, that's one amazing blue colour!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:00 AM) : 

I love the blue and more than that, I love the generous proportions of this. All the fabric and folds.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

It's gutsy of him to even think about wearing pashimina. Looks good... Over and over again I realize on this blog that it's confidence and strong sense of self that make your look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

I love that he took sucha glamorous risk by wearing pashmina. It appears everyone is doing it this season!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

these colors..

very good looking guy.

 

Blogger Jacq said ... (11:08 AM) : 

That look is far too 'styled' for me, but that shade of blue is gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Something borrowed, something blue.

He gives me the blues - in a good way!

 

Blogger Karmander said ... (11:29 AM) : 

I'm in love with the jacket, it's just brilliant. The pashimina is a nice color, but seems soley for warmth and comfort, as the ensamble does not require it. But it's a nice touch.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:30 PM) : 

this is so cool! I just like how the blues are not repetitive (i mean the jacket the scarf, the jeans). they all stand for their own while still doing a coherent look. I want to add also that this is what I like about this blog: the guy with his scarf spread like that is evidently in an everyday life situation but the photo and the style are so well done that you can help but be amazed. Real life is beautiful and so different from made-up situations like fashion shows. Sart, you have my oscar award because you encourage me to look my best everyday especially when there are days i find it complicated to achieve.

 

Blogger Nelson vH said ... (1:01 PM) : 

More gentlemen should dare wearing huge "pashminas" - thinking of it: there might be a lot of nice items in our wifes wardrobes

I personally wear ladies hankies as pocket squares ;)

The velvet jacket is very nice too! Note the cuff with one button undone - this is the kind of look where this isabsolutely appropriate !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

will some please tell why wearing pashmina is NOT for men?

and, yes - what kind of shoes does he have on?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:11 PM) : 

I've seen some other men wearing pashminas on this blog, and in a previous post I asked if it was appropriate.

This man has convinced me that it is, much to the chagrin of my wife and her collection of pashminas I have gotten her!

 

Blogger amyw said ... (5:23 PM) : 

I see nothing wrong with pashminas for men! When worn right, they look amazing. But the key is if you're able to wear it right...
The shades of blue here...well, there's no other word to describe them but absolutely sumptous. That jacket...wow!

 

Blogger skoraq cooks said ... (5:33 PM) : 

The first thing that I saw was the scarf. But the second glance and I know there is sth more than the scarf. This velvet jacket is as important as the scarf. Fantastic.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Love the various blue colors - the scarf size though is a tad too big. A smaller one would make this a perfect look, while now it just screams for attention.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

simple but very nice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

I love when guys wear scarves. This is a little bit too much, but the color is fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Bold and dramatic choice of a scarf.. but some how it looks so Right!

http://sosowhat.blogg.se

 

Blogger lorrwill said ... (7:20 PM) : 

The way the colors play and especially the combination textures (pashmina + velvet) is just exquisite.
I would not only forgive the jeans but would have to stop myself from getting caught giving this cutey a double take.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

i can just imagine him talking on his phone. fast and consise about something specific that needs to be done at work.

the blue creates this image.

 

Blogger bomb.ass.ting said ... (7:52 PM) : 

He looks like he would be SOOO flamboyant!

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (4:28 AM) : 

In the mountains of Afghanistan and north Pakistan, men routinely wear big shawls wrapped around their upper bodies to keep them warm. They're not usually made in colors this bright, but the texture seems to be the same

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Sart, your India's showing.

-AM

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 PM) : 

Ha! I actually own this jacket, or at least one extremely similar(by Ralph Lauren). Been at a loss for what to wear with it.

This definately gives me some ideas.....although I think the scarf is a bit too flamboyant I love the look.

 

Blogger Nelly Knits said ... (1:12 PM) : 

the color is gorgeous!

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (1:50 PM) : 

the blue is rocking out the streets !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 PM) : 

i love love love they way he mismatched his blues.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

I like it. A little feminine, but the haircut and the suit make it gentlemanly elegant.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting