This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Plaid & Stripe, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

On the Street....Plaid & Stripe, Milano



ps . I was holding his pizza box in one hand while i was taking this picture.

Photography is truly a collaborative effort.

Comments on "On the Street....Plaid & Stripe, Milano"

 

Blogger lucia martinez said ... (1:52 PM) : 

young men can rarely pull off moustaches: this is a great use of one. the hat makes his look intentional, doesn't it? and something about the light is making those jeans not look like jeans, if that makes any sense.

great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

I think I am seeing "plaid and piano," yes?

 

Blogger Vintage and Stardust said ... (2:13 PM) : 

I love this man. His eyes ans his hat goes perfeclty together. I'm thinking red wine and late nights in candleligth.. but maybe it's just me;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

I have always prayed that keyboard scarves would permanently die; I see my wishes have not come true. Jorge from West Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

My friend wore this very outfit - every detail - in 1983. Maybe this chap bought it at resale...but I'm not "buying" this at all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

the mustache is an interesting touch...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Great, great, great. I love this kind of nonchalance.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (2:45 PM) : 

This man is very handsome and I'm sure he could even be more handsome if instead of that moustache he wore a full beard or no facial hair at all.

To ‘a lady’, I don't think those are actually jeans... Just lavender coloured pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

I feel he could be my best friend. and I like that very much

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

POUNCE

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Dreamy. I'm moving to Milan asap :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

oh pleeease tell me where is the scarf from! *.*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

a piano scarf? pretty dorky, imo...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

that vivid blue sleeve peeking out really pulls it all together. neat little bracelet too. and where did he find a piano-scarf??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

The lumberjack meets piano keys is surprisingly in tune. Sometimes things just work, and this does.

 

Blogger EB said ... (3:56 PM) : 

piano scarf. why not! i love the plaid too but i am starting to tire a bit.

 

Blogger Bella07 said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Im guessing it was some pretty damn good pizza.

this kids got the "whatever-look", I like his silly approach to patterns... it's fun. squinting eyes with a little smirk sneaking in.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

If only all men could dress this well... *sigh*

 

Blogger Mare said ... (4:37 PM) : 

this look is very san francisco (where i live) - 80's mustache, ugly 80's piano scarf, 80's light colored jeans, and hat (people here love hats.)
unfortunately, i'm not into this look at all! :)

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (4:55 PM) : 

I like the way everything fits here.

He's sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

oh finally i found out: it is from hot topic although i think it isn't available anymore. :[

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:42 PM) : 

first of he is of the handsome!
2nd, i dont like the scarf, it takes away from the beautiful muted colours of his outfit.
3rd, i love the colour of his jeans, it compliments the brown tartan.
nice one!
he must be a student or something, saw him at a few shows in london.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 PM) : 

His look is so great that I didn't notice the moustache until I read comments left here. That is a stupendous acheivement!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:23 PM) : 

hahah! i sort of wish he was holding the pizza box. great photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 PM) : 

former lumberjack turns to pimping.
has he got white shoes too?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

What kind of jacket is that!!!???anyone?

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (7:43 PM) : 

such distinguished eyes.

the pizza box would have been the icing on the cake.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Lovely scarf, and he looks so warm and comfortable too! The small hat works on him somehow. I also think a photo of him holding his pizza box would have been cool too - it might have given it more of a candid feel. Generally great use of muted complimentary colours.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

haha love the comment about the pizza box. i can imagine it now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 PM) : 

fierce! i think the whole outfit would have looked better if the plaid pattern was small/closer together. the coat looks oversized because of that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 AM) : 

yeah, sweet stache

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (2:10 AM) : 

that arm is waiting to take me out for a stroll. can I be your assistant? I can help u hold potential pizza boxes, etc while you shoot at temptations as such! xo-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 AM) : 

Completely unassuming and sincere. The piano scarf isn't too much; it's just naturally dorky! I love especially how you can see something (a pad of paper?) protruding from his right breast pocket. He is living in his clothes, not the other way around.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 AM) : 

No, this is not it, cute pizza box possibilities or not. That coat is ugly, torn between sayin it's something George and Weezy would've worn or Robert de Niro in Taxi Driver, either way, not a good idea. And then that silly scarf clashes with the brown plaid, it all looks quite bad Scott. Maybe the pants, but with the rest, also poor.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 AM) : 

It is quite the cliché - an Italian with a pizza. Guess clichés should be born somehow... He looks laid back - i don't think he thought that much about patterns and so on - much more he loved the pieces.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

sexy.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (8:38 AM) : 

It is indeed. Pity his clothes are not.

 

Blogger Peter Berra said ... (10:52 AM) : 

I love this photo and the style of clothes go perfect the character of this person!
ps.I would like to know what type of Pizza he had...

 

Blogger Lord Marrowgar said ... (11:22 AM) : 

The piano scarf looks like it was designed by Mugatu just after/before the piano key neck tie. Very cool look though. I like the jacket and pants combo and anyone who can support the solo mustache is a friend of mine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Effortless. BeYOND cool.

 

Blogger liz song mandell said ... (12:46 PM) : 

You're right; photography is that much more fun and meaningful when it's collaborative. Your pictures are beautiful and they inspire me!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

I think the piano scarf here is fun; his outfit isn't to be taken too seriously. I especially love the corduroy hat.

 

Blogger londondog said ... (3:41 PM) : 

face furniture is back in and this gentlemen carries it off completely. i love this frisco lunberjack mix he has going on - bonkers and wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

reminds me of jhonny depp..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

You can tell he doesn't take anything serious. He makes me think of Art Brut. I bet he has the same sense of humor. Also, those don't look like jeans to me, they look like grey chinos.

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (5:49 PM) : 

very hot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

I see this as a "Don't".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 AM) : 

I like this (especially that cutie-pie face), except for that scarf. Even if it were worn with something other than plaid, piano key=Ew. Sorry Mugatu.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Seems like the standard 'I want to be in the strokes / libertines' thing.

that nasty jacket scarf collision annoys me a lot :(

cool face though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

The 'stache is popular now with young men who've done all the other facial hair configurations (including the dreaded muttonchop). My nephew looks a little dorky with his mustache, but this kid looks great.

I'm guessing his clothes are second-hand. He's got style and I'd love to see him at 4 month intervals. I'll bet he's changing all the time.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

Scarf is from H&M, winter 06/07. Just a couple of Euro's.

 

Blogger Tara Goldman said ... (5:17 PM) : 

To any of you people that disagree with this:
Don't you ever just wake up and want to wear your favorite shirt with your favorite pants, even though they don't go? Don't you ever want to wear something because you like it and it makes you feel good? I know I do...

And if that's the case, then I'd just like to say- Lucky him! His favorite scarf looks really fresh with his favorite jacket.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (9:03 PM) : 

I think the piano scarf looks great and it really makes his looks much more interesting..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 PM) : 

H O T. H O T. H O T.
LOVE HIS LOOK. LOVE HIM. WANT HIM.

 

Blogger Alex N. said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Yeah this is kind of boring, I see this guy every day and I live in Toronto. The piano key scarf is really played out. He just looks like your average hipster. Nothing special here..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

I'm a musician, and there's only one rule I know of with any musical instrument related clothing: NO if you're a musician. Don't even think about it. And the skinny piano key tie? Come on...

 

Blogger deryik said ... (12:11 PM) : 

i like how the moustache looks unseperable from the lips... way better than the fuzzy mess.

 

Blogger Emily Baker said ... (1:15 PM) : 

That's not stripes, that's a piano keyboard. He's an artsy Italian lumberjack. As a country-dwelling classical musician, I can totally appreciate his look.

 

Blogger a girl dreaming of a wild, dangerous life tinged with anarchy said ... (2:15 PM) : 

my gosh. i want that piano scarf badly.

 

Blogger a girl dreaming of a wild, dangerous life tinged with anarchy said ... (2:15 PM) : 

my gosh. i want that piano scarf badly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 PM) : 

this guy is so cute, i just want to eat him up!to me, his face fits the outfit completely. quriky, a bit odd. one of those people that it takes a while to get to know, but once you know them, you'll never let them go. know what i mean?

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (2:08 PM) : 

I am not seeing a solo 'stache here - is that not a soul patch and some 5, nay, 10 0'Clock shadow? Not a fan of any piece individually but he can rock it. I think the piano scarf's so old it can be campy-good.

Anyway, fair or foul, I'd so rather see the streets decorated like this than with the usual unwhimsical, daringfree homogeny. Wonder what shoes he's wearing?

Those pants: the slight sheen leads to a chino conclusion, but they also almost look like a certain kind of very pale blue jean popular in the very early seventies, like Lee or Sears brand? Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

 

Blogger The Enforcer said ... (2:42 PM) : 

"I invented the piano key neck-tie! I invented it! What have you done, Derek?!" -Mugatu

Love this pic! =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

I agree with the played out piano scarf. They are everywhere in L.A. and so is the ironic mustache. Other than that... cute boy, I must say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Mmm
well I'd don't say his plaid jacket is all that common here in Italy; for sure he doesn't look completely average here in terms of clothing (but he does in terms of pizza :-) ).

On the other hand, moustaches and hat make him a younger, sexier version of many milanese old guys, so I'd say he mixes unusual (for Italy) and revisited traditional in a good way.

Also love the fact that his scarf doesn't match the rest of his outfit: he was simply out to buy a pizza!

Ciao!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:34 PM) : 

I don't think that all mustaches are worn to be "ironic". So everyone who is "over the ironic mustache" how do you feel about a mustache that looks well suited to a mans face? i.e. this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

I've got the scarve.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

love it completely. just shows that when put together well, people can wear black with brown.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

He has Johnny Depp's facial structure, and the mustache works. As does everything else. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I love it when a man wears a hat, I'm always too careful with the patterns matching, but this looks very good, and he's sending a very friendly vibe, so the cute pizza story is what you expect after this visual. CeeMArie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 AM) : 

Mr. plaid coat, will you marry me?

Ciao <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 AM) : 

lovex

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting