This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....10th Ave., NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On the Street.....10th Ave., NYC

Comments on "On the Street.....10th Ave., NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

his ensemble and bag appear so thoughtful and well-crafted, down to the stripes on the sleeve of his sweater. however, i must question that hair. ugh. really?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

love the hair!

i also hate shampooing haha!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

thom browne cardigan?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

hmmm, i wonder what this fellow does for a living..?? Great sweater, but the bag and, obviously,the hair..?!

 

Blogger mikeljason said ... (10:26 AM) : 

I've been wondering for a time now whow men can cop the whole pants in boots trend women do so well with looking like a pirate or superhero,tho action figures are good muses, and he's done well ..to the T,even

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Eccentricity does not make for un bon style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Love what he's wearing. Hate the hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Everything he's wearing looks too small and tight for him.
and...the hair. No.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Great bag, love the cardigan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

I love the bag and the boots !!
I discovered these days your blog and I love it ! It's amaizing the feeling that in the other part of the world (I'm in Romania - SE of EU) is walking on the street warching other people cloths...it's a little recognizing that everyone could be imortalized..in that minute..that special minute of his/her life on the street ..I loved it .. thank you :)

 

Blogger EB said ... (11:44 AM) : 

the hair provides a nice contrast to the sweaters. not interested in the boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

thom browne cardigan alert (or j. crew if you're broke)

 

Blogger henrik said ... (12:46 PM) : 

Aww me like, except the hair!

 

Blogger jst+crs said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I am completely hypnotized by the way the patina of the boots play off of the hue of the sweater. Also, I absolutely love the cardigan, and the fact that he's wearing lots of color!

 

Blogger Brett Svatek said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I think the expression on his face is reiterated in the condition of his hair. I dig it.

-Brett

 

Blogger fad tony said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Eccentricity does make for un bon style.
(a lot of the time)
i like the hair, it adds a little rocknroll to his look..
also like the tie-v-neck-cardigan-combo.
and the composition of the shot as always - wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Like almost everyone else who commented, I wish he would have spent equal effort on his tresses. And lighten up a little with at least a smirk!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

he looks good, HOWEVER his jeans are too tight!!!!and he is not malnurished enough to pull them off

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

It looks too theatrical. Nothing wrong with that, but the boots and the bag and the hair is too much. Maybe lose 2 and keep the one you like. It's just what I think, he still looks good. Better than wearing khakis/blue shirt and black leather shoes with 4 inch rubber soles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

She looks like some stylish witch from "Harry Potter"

 

Blogger biglakestyle said ... (2:40 PM) : 

Whenever I first see a SartPic I always wonder what moved Sart to raise his camera? Scarves for sure and any sort of gentlemanliness, but this one is a bit of a puzzle. I think Sart is into ties (scarfyness) and he has embraced the Thom Browne shrunk thing; he likes a "worn in" look but this guy is a puzzler; the hair really troubles me; did Sart ask the guy to ditch his bandana ?

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Great photo, Sart. You've managed to capture perfectly this young gentleman's beautiful cardigan and v-neck vest. And those boots! Simply wonderful. The leather bag looks interesting; I only hope there aren't dismembered body parts in it (judging by this guy's facial expression, I wouldn't doubt it). But the piece de resistance of this photo is the hair. Amazing. I haven't seen hockey hair like that in years. You've outdone yourself again, Sart. Well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

it's nicholas! he's a designer for bblessing. i always love his look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 PM) : 

Love it love it love it.
I love the dandyish / grunge juxtapostioning - very inspiring.

Olde-fashioned,yet of-the-moment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

are you calling his hair corrupt? because quite frankly, the entire look can't get much better than that.

get over the mode mindset of molded haircuts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

jeepers, 1970's time warp hapenning here. its very australian, misfit in an office circa 1972 - the top part and breif case anyhows. sorry, cant go with this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

great bag
A-Z Bag
they sell them at Bblessing

Billy Kirk makes a simular one, however the leather straps are equal lengths

 

Blogger Joseph Gordon Cleveland said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Wonderful colours, wonderful details. I could do without the hair but he rocks it.

 

Blogger Patagonia Community said ... (8:17 PM) : 

I like the idea of the shawl collar cardigan and the casually unbuttoned button-down. But why the stalker-ish expression old pal? As if to say, "I've been watching you...."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

I kind of like the fact that he's not super skinny yet wearing the jeans/boots combo. Gives it a bit of character. He looks sturdier and like he won't blow over in the cold NYC winter!

Don't like the hair though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 PM) : 

How eccentric!
How cool!
:)

 

Blogger Kara said ... (11:44 PM) : 

I think he looks like a man from another time, his hair disheveled from a recent horse-back ride.

In our time, I think the hair makes his "wild" expression look wilder; not in a good way. But his clothing is brilliantly matched. I've rarely seen a man so creatively and well dressed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 AM) : 

Love the sweater jacket but really hate the hair~

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:34 AM) : 

A rather mind-bending collection of allusions.

Doesn't really add up.

Find the bag...sinister.

 

Blogger Karen said ... (9:25 AM) : 

It's nice to see when a person can be stylish and yet have an air of "Oh, I just threw this thing together." It shows talent to be able to look stylish without giving the impression that you tried to hard.

The combinations are great, but the pants are waaaaay too tight. I wish the sweater and cardigan were not the same length. I think it adds to the feeling of the clothes being too small for his body. I would also suggest something be done with the hair, but I get the impression that his hair is his calling card.

 

Blogger Andy said ... (9:46 AM) : 

I love the print on the V-neck. The Wellington boots are nice too, and I wouldn't mind seeing men in that pants-in-boots style around here in Boston (which I've never seen here). I wish he was smiling though, it wouldn't make the photo anymore brilliant than it is but he creeps me out a bit (he looks a tad menacing and the hair doesn't help).

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (12:20 PM) : 

With this look, he'd better be really good at what he does.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

"lora said...
Everything he's wearing looks too small and tight for him.
and...the hair. No."

He's prob put on some winter pounds..don't we all? The hair could use some easy attention. I like the contrast of the 60's prep to 70's rocker look.

 

Blogger Gypsy Bride said ... (3:44 PM) : 

I think he looks damn hot!
I love that hair and his whole style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

the hairstyle needs to be fixed. But a good contrast of colors. A Ralph Lauren equestrian look, that he pulls of nicely. I like the thick knit, old varsity sport cardigan. Beautiful bag.

 

Blogger Bella07 said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I feel like if I were to sit down and chat with this guy he'd be an intense conspiracy theorist sipping coffee black of course, but wouldn't be caught dead in star bucks.
Just got that face to him. not too mention that great outfit
mr sartorialist you just never disappoint to make my imagination run. your shots make me believe in style, creativity, and true character again and again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 PM) : 

i want to play scrabble with this handsome fellow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 AM) : 

I really like this. Boots are excellent and tucked in without looking too "trendy". And if he was smiling, I think it would ruin the whole thing. You have to believe that he just doesn't give a damn, he woke up, through all this on, this is who he is, take it or leave. I'm buying into it big time.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 AM) : 

he has lovely legs, just right in my opinion. i would have him just the way he is.
i like his direct stare right back at you, it makes me think that he is interested in people & quite thoughtful.
plus - his hair is not unclean, it looks just like mine when i washed it the night before. soft waves.

the outfit caught my attention & for me - the red in the boots & vest pull it all together.

thank you

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Really interesting to read the comments and then try to guess the sex/age etc of the author. Nothing nails it better than a pic which creates a geat commentary about one aspect; in this one it's the hair, simple, just the hair. Could he do this "look" without the wacko hair; nope. Personally I hate that hair, but come on, this is street theater.

 

Blogger Blotto Bill said ... (1:48 AM) : 

I love the cardigan. The collar and the asymmetrical design are great. It goes well with the patterned sweater. I love this outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

I love his look. it dapper but androgynous. I think this bag is A to Z collection. i have the bigger mason bag

 

Blogger Cats inspried by kittens said ... (12:36 AM) : 

I've seen this guy before!!! He's totally unforgettable!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

He is De designer for Bblessing & his hair is amazing!

 

Blogger Sarah Lynne said ... (3:46 PM) : 

it's exactly the hair, boot, bag combo that make this look so interesting... as well as the expression. It reminds me of a friend of mine, who really cared about how he dressed, but really didn't care what other people think of it. i imagine his expression means, "what you want to take a picture?" If all (or two, as one person mentioned) of those things weren't there, the look would be really great, but it would be entirely different.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:23 AM) : 

I *really* love his hair. It's amazing.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting