This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Melanie, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the Street.....Melanie, Paris

Comments on "On the Street.....Melanie, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

the shorts are awesome...love anything with pockets, including ginormous ones.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

I'd comment on the outfit, but I can't tear myself away from her legs. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Its a good outfit but think it lacks a bit of edge. think it would look a bit better with black opaques.....she does have great legs. Somehow its a bit too 'sexy italian' for my liking.....

Thanks .x

 

Blogger wear palettes said ... (1:12 PM) : 

classy camouflage colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

The shoes are great but I don't really like the color palette of the entire outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

True style is somehow about beeing apropiate. Her expression tells me that those bare legs aren't apropate for December in Paris. It doesn't matter how gorgeus they can be, there's no point in showing them if you are going to catch a cold. Besides, there are many other warmer ways of looking sexy in the winter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Soooo obvious you have the hots for this girl. Get over it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:27 PM) : 

Isn't it chilly in Paris in the winter? I know it's not the arctic or anything . . . but shorts?

Spectacular legs though; I'd show 'em if I had 'em I suppose!

 

Blogger MrWong said ... (2:37 PM) : 

Great legs.. How can "Somehow its a bit too 'sexy italian' for my liking....." be a bad thing?

Oh, the colours & the play on textures are great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Hmm..I feel like the outfit would be more safe with black opaques. Not to say that the outcome wouldn't be interesting, but the bare legs make it for me. Nice picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

I don't understand the placement of rather smart taupe pumps at the bottom of this casual sportwear look. When Dsquared2 (fashion's leading proponent of oversized pockets) shows flappy, gimmicky shorts (or skirts) like these there's always a strong edgy shoe sending up the military/woodsman/hunter theme of the utility pockets.

Here, the polished and very lady-like heels, without even a platform to provide a grounding sturdiness, just look a bit too delicate and unrelated to the rest of the ensemble of rough-textured woolens and black leather up top.

A beautiful woman, with a definite style direction, as always, beautifully photographed here. But the shoes could be stronger.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (3:43 PM) : 

I like the jacket very much. Incredible legs...with all due respect to helenmarylairg @ 1:01PM...her legs are much too gorgeous to cover-up!...and, if you're looking for edge, there is plenty of it here.

Cheers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

class-see.

 

Blogger Zeitgeist said ... (3:58 PM) : 

This girl is my fashion icon. You have quite a few more of her shots... She looks amazing in all of them!

 

Blogger MISS GLITZY said ... (4:37 PM) : 

I would have shot her shoes if I was there. Nice picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

i am in love with melanie's outfit!! She's so perfect!

 

Blogger starbahks said ... (6:10 PM) : 

what a great jacket!

 

Blogger suzee said ... (6:21 PM) : 

I really love the subtle color combination and it's really interesting that the color of each item of clothing pops out in its own way.Also it makes her skin stand out. From the really light green sweater with that jacket and with those light gray shoes, I am inspired.

 

Blogger suzee said ... (6:22 PM) : 

I really love the subtle color combination and it's really interesting that the color of each item of clothing pops out in its own way.Also it makes her skin stand out. From the really light green sweater with that jacket and with those light gray shoes, I am inspired.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:24 PM) : 

She always looks amazing! Love the half sweater sleeves on the jacket and the exposed zipper pockets on her shorts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

This is not the first shot in which you show her in earthy hues. I love how she works the smokey tones, in this case played against the black bag, bare leg and dainty shoe. Merci.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

agreed, helen, but maybe a punch of color would be the way to go? she needs a long red necklace, or something reflective. it's a beautiful outfit, but lacks depth.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

Yes yes yes! I've been waiting for a Melanie or Emmaunelle Alt for so long! They are both great! And you take the most beutiful pictures, and Paris is such an amazing city. It's all just the perfect combination! Merci bien!!

 

Blogger Misgrace said ... (7:51 PM) : 

Please tell me this is an old photo. It was -1°C in Antwerp today! If it was just as cold in Paris, she must have had a serious case of chair de poule going on.
Nice outfit, but as voiced before, the shoes just don't do it for me here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 PM) : 

I agree with the poster that commented about the shoes. I like the outfit, and she has great legs, so show them off if its not too cold. However, slightly edgier, sportier, less delicate shoes (maybe booties) would balance this outfit better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

TG she has those shoes on!! Shes so feminine even in camo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 PM) : 

love her! i always appreciate melanie photos. thanks, sart

maybe she could be wearing black tights, because

1) it's cold
2) it will go with the purse and the gloves tucked into her front right jacket pocket
3) her legs become lighter towards the feet and the color of the skin there with the shoe color doesn't look right to me

 

Blogger Ninehoursahead said ... (9:11 PM) : 

I MUST have these shorts. Anyone know who they are by, or where to get them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (10:36 PM) : 

Yes, yes, and another yes! Need I say more? This is a great look. This is a gorgeous young woman. Wow! Great shot, Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

i know melanie is posted here quite often, but i am just not convinced that she has a great sense of style. she dresses well for her body (i'd kill for her legs,) but it all just feels... safe. i would love to see her in more interesting looks, because she seems warm and approachable, not to mention gorgeous, and i bet she could totally work whatever she wears.

love the shoes, though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

honestly, I love the shorts... but I think black opaque tighis would perfect tthe lock-- minus the business uptop. i would have liked to seen a simple fitting shirt with a sillouhette that demanded the rest of the outfit defining a look with the shorts, tights, and pumps...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 AM) : 

Beautiful woman, great grasp of the reveal/conceal ideology.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 AM) : 

I think the shorts are just awful but the person wearing the clothes make or break the deal and she gets away with the look because of her beautiful legs. Bony or fat legs with those shorts would be laughable if you ask me.

 

Blogger Ms. Lovely said ... (2:54 AM) : 

I don't care for her cargo shorts, I'm not a fan of the utilitarian look. However, I'm astounded by how Melanie can make practically anything look good.

The shoes pick up the light grey in her jacket, I think it's just the shorts that are out of place.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 AM) : 

This picture leaves me wondering how I can criticize without sounding mean or overly picky. But there are just a few elements that kill this photo/outfit for me. First, she is smiling with her lips, but not her eyes. She looks uncomfortable. Some may attribute it to the cold, but she doesn't look dumb, I bet she's warm enough. Is she uncomfortable having her picture taken? She's too pretty for that (and you know her name, so I assume she's in the business). Why does she look so uncomfortable?

Second, what in the world is going on with those shoes? Her outfit is all about rugged texture and she's wearing slight, overly fancy shoes. Her shoes say, "I am not actually prepared to do any of the things the rest of my clothes are designed for."

The color pallete is nice, and the jacket/sweater has a cetain Univeristy of Alaska girl meets Fifth Ave. awesomeness. . .

 

Blogger NATRIBU said ... (6:18 AM) : 

I like very much her shorts, but I don't understand that she isn't cold! It's very cold in Paris...

 

Blogger Vistiendo a Candela said ... (6:52 AM) : 

It is a good outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

I love the outfit, but agree with Amed about the shoes--too frail, a bit too precious for this otherwise breezy look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Sart,

When was this photo taken? Could you include the dates when the shots were taken. For someone not in Paris, it is hard to know if this is an old post or if that's wha she was wearing in the middle of winter in Paris.

Thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

This is a nice shot. Ms. Huynh is centered in the frame but the image is not at all static, partly because of the lines in the architecture, crosswalk, etc. The colors of the storefront are a nice counterpoint to the muted clothes, and the depth of field is used well.

About the stylist's style, she seems to dress to her personal taste--I remember a military coat a couple of seasons ago. To see her latest take on that style--her own--is part of the fun here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

"She's got legs...she knows how to use them."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Those sleeves are awesome... I love the too-long, crumpled-up effect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

I hate the shorts especially the great pockets. The girl is oddly dressed,warm clothes on the top and then those bare legs. Not a december outfit.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:04 PM) : 

wow, melanie is hot.

Nice picture.
I should go to Paris. Haven't been there before and it only takes a few hours.....!! Shame on me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

I would like to know when the picture has been taken. Just looking at the picture makes me cold, regardless of its quality and beauty.

Today, as I have been shopping for Christmas presents, I've had layers on layers on layers of clothes on to protect me from the temperature outside (around zero Celsius plus some chilly wind blowing). I live some 1.500 kilometers east from Paris, though. Maybe in France you can get away flaunting bare legs and still not getting a nasty cold.

I love most of the pictures from the blog yet some of them make me feel almost physically uncomfortable :)

IMHO, the shoes give the entire ensamble a slighly 1980's look. Or was it 1990's?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Dress for the weather, girls - dress for the weather. No matter how beautiful your outfit is or how great your legs are, weather-inappropriate dressing looks... well... dare, I say it, just plain inappropriate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

I have to agree w/ Jessica M. that something about his photo is uncomfortable...but more on the outfit:

She's such a lovely woman (beautiful hair!), and I have never seen her on here before... but, the accessories are what's killing this outfit for me. That purse w/ the fringe is just scary. And the shoes seem a tad out of place--the color is SO neutral. I don't care for the wool-on-wool look on top. I think a distressed grey t-shirt would have finished it a little better...and since she's clearly bare-legged in cold paris, what's a tee to the ensemble?

side note: The depth of field in this shot is awesome, as well as the lighting!!! (Sometimes I wich you posted your camera info! ha!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

love the jacket and sweater.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

for those of you who asked, the shorts are marc by marc jacobs. i saw them in shanghai stores this past summer.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (7:07 PM) : 

I love and hate this outfit. Though I feel like she can pull it off, I'm not sure I think the shorts go with the jacket. I somehow think the jacket is out of place. aren't those Marc by Marc Jacobs shorts? Her legs are to die for.

 

Blogger Chloe chloe chloe said ... (8:01 PM) : 

i don't understand how you run into the same person multiple times? do you just go to all the same places? is it events?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

With hair, facial features and legs that beautiful, she makes me want to spend the time to look at her more carefully.
It's a very dull palette... but, I look a little while longer and I see the contrasting textures. Then, I think, actually, this palette works for her because it shows off the bronze in her hair and skin colour. She has great style - it's always more about her than the clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

I agree with many of the others: She always does the same look. In other words: legs. Sure she has great legs. But it's almost winter...Style is something much more creative, that works within the weather constraints, in my book.

 

Blogger Laia said ... (9:07 AM) : 

Just perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Love paris an its style. It's cold in winter buy the shorts are great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 AM) : 

Here in the south of France it's cooold already, and the girls are wearing their wool shorts with tights and boots...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 AM) : 

Nice legs.
Nice proportions.
Nice long hair.
Nice short skirt.
What a conventional way to look sexy.
And what a mistake to believe(if anyone does that) that this is freedom.
In a way ,of course, it is freedom to choose to look like women are supposed to look !?!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

Something about the color combo and the background makes her look so 3D...she is leaping off my screen! It's awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

all hussein chalayan i think !

 

Blogger echo0918 said ... (12:38 PM) : 

I would argue that the ladylike shoes are what make this outfit work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

love love love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 AM) : 

what gorgeous legs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

I love it, but I think the outfit needs more life, maybe some silver shoes would have looked good with it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

i think that melanie looks great in everything, but this outfit just doesnt seem right on her. I think there is too much going on...the brown hues of the pattern on the jacket, the large zip pockets and the girlie cream heels all together dont work very well. I think it would look great with a different jacket or no jacket (if the weather was right).

 

Blogger graziella said ... (4:26 AM) : 

this outfit is perfect...i love that the colors are subdued...interesting skirt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 PM) : 

aren't you cold?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting