This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

From the Frieze Art Fair, London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

From the Frieze Art Fair, London




While I am traveling to Stockholm I thought it would be a good time to share a few of the images I shot for Vogue Nippon at the Frieze Art Fair.

Comments on "From the Frieze Art Fair, London"

 

Blogger andrew said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Wow i want that top outfit in mens please! i love how the scarf and shirt kind of play with each other!

 

Blogger Emma said ... (12:47 PM) : 

i love the depth of your shots...what kind of camera do you use?

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I see little that is remarkable here. Ho-hum. Let's have more gents in suits, Tradsters, and Old Man Style, please!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (12:56 PM) : 

They are all so beautiful looks! My favourite is the first one, she looks amazing!

 

Blogger wear palettes said ... (12:59 PM) : 

few, simple colors. great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Top pic: she looks very comfortable and confidence in her outfit. The look is effortlessly pulled together, casual and elegant.

 

Blogger Bobby D. said ... (1:05 PM) : 

Nice photographs! Stylish looking women. Nice details.

 

Blogger Suzanna Mars said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I'll take the female version; the woman is a vision of crisp versus liquid. Any doubts that a monochromatic palette only truly works with black (hello, dark San Francisco clouds) may now and forever be put to rest.

 

Blogger shabnom said ... (1:10 PM) : 

You were in London?! (I am always alarmed by this thought because what if you see me and I am wearing a very rubbish outfit?!) Ah, but this was a while ago...

I really like wide pants being worn so casually, they do look especially good in THAT shade of grey. The person in the second photo is wearing extremely trendy shoes and they work so well with the black outfit!! I have to say the third one is quintessentially London: very chic and casual and practical, but never without the wackniess. Here I love the cut of her trousers, her unbuttoned shirt, her armfuls of bracelets and of course the stripe in her hair. (Not to mention the background! Very surreal.) Thank you Sarto!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

White shoes with a black outfit??! Somehow, she makes it work.

And the third woman is actually overwhelming me: it reminds me of 20 or so years ago ---when it seemed that a good number of women were not so afraid of adding a fair degree of masculinity to their look. She pulls it off so beautifully.

If this is London, put me on the next plane please !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

The first picture is divine! I absolutely love the monochromatic colour scheme of her clothes. Lovely fit of sweater and pants! Great pants length! Nice shoes Chic, indeed!

I do like the second picture as well. The silver shoes are a nice touch with the black clothing and tights. One tiny comment -- she seems a bit bow-leged the way she's standing, which detracts from her great look and style.

The lady in the third picture looks the stylish artist. I like this casual outfit and the way her clothes fit her. She seems quite comfortable. Love the wristlets/bracelets,tattoos? Most of all, I love her shoes; they are amazing!!!!!

-mich.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:32 PM) : 

I adore everything about the first oufit. Well, minus the length of the pants... sorry, sorry...*blush*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

#1- perfect. the hair could be better styled though.
#2- hate that purse. the skirt legth could be a bit longer.
#3- she's lucky you chose that wall for the background. i love the outfit but it misses an edge, a spot of light, something. the hair streak doesn't do anything for her.

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Super elegant, the lady in the first photo. It's the kind of elegance that can only be achieved wearing top of the line clothing: in this case the superfine wool of the trousers and the perfect pocket detailing of the sweater.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

The first outfit is cool perfection. Anyone know who she is?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

The top outfit is absolutely gorgeous!!! It nourishes my obsession for gray...
Wow.

 

Blogger pinkmilk said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Love that top image of the London girl in the sunny park!

 

Blogger DK said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Umm...the young lady in the middle. I'm a little awestruck. Her overall attitude, the cheekbones, the vintage shoes (in white, I might add), the hair parted down the middle. My goodness.

She probably wouldn't turn everyone's head, but you got my vote sweetie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

I love those shoes,sorry for my english i am a spanish boy and i really love your blog!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Hi! I'm looking forward so much to check your blog during your visit in Sweden. I live in Stockholm myself and it´s so much fun to see and read your impressions from Sweden and swedish fashion! Welcome!

 

Blogger LE BLOG said ... (4:39 PM) : 

I looooove the bag of the woman in silver shoes!!!! Where can i find it???

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (4:44 PM) : 

I love the theme of color in each of these.
The blonde's outfit is pure texture/proportion.
I love the metallic punch of the second. I like the shape of her bag, but I would have preferred it in black to brown.
And the background of the last photo really makes it stand out. Her blonde streak, frames, and cuffs make her otherwise unassuming monochromatic outfit interesting and personal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Woman at the top is having a Cate Blanchett moment. Lovely to see tonal gray ensemble, to me it is almost a twist on winter white. Could wear this anytime. The background makes me think of Spring. I think the black bag keeps it from looking boring. Love all the black you are showing Sart, but this is a great alternative too!

 

Blogger Laura said ... (4:49 PM) : 

the first outfit is really great!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

I love the snappy trouser suit on the woman in the third photo. It looks like she put some thought into her accessories, too -- although is that a paper clip on her jacket pocket? I also think her placement against the colorful vertical stripes accentuated her lean look. Great composition Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

First photo is AMAZING. I love her outfit- the monochromatic look is so natural and the details are so uncluttered. The trees, the bushes, the angle, the woman, her stance, everything...one of your best photographs yet, Sart.
Second photo- very cute coat.
Third photo: She looks like a very happy and inspired individual.

 

Blogger rebeccacalvetti said ... (5:42 PM) : 

I love love love the first outfit. Beautiful in a finely detailed, understated way. She reminds me of waking up in the morning an finding the ground and trees completely covered in a fine powdery, downy snow.

I also like the second outfit, or maybe it's just that the woman wearing it is beautiful and has such presence...

My only problem is with the shoes.

I am militantly against jazz shoes! Seriously: I'm like the one woman version of the Baader-Meinhof gang, except instead of hating capitalism I hate jazz shoes. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

love your blog!

 

Blogger JT said ... (6:03 PM) : 

While you are in Sweden, why don't you create one of those "SartoriaLists" for Stockholm? Pretty please!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Neutrals can be so boring, but your posts from the past two days have looked great! It takes some flair to create exciting style with so little color, so I applaud your "models"!

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (6:12 PM) : 

Those classic grey trousers at the top are just fab and beautifully cut. The bottom pic; the shirt and jacket wonderful, not so sure on the skinny trousers there. Very stylish people all of them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

The woman in the men's suit (and shoes!) looks amazing. I love how you show lots of fabulous women doing androgyny stylishly on this blog.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:37 PM) : 

Love the backdrops! And that woman in the top pic looks spectacular.

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (6:51 PM) : 

Pic 3 - love how she's turned the 'male uniform' (the suit) into an attractive feminine ensemble... with the bracelets and unbuttoned shirt.
V. cool.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (6:53 PM) : 

I love the monochromatic look of the first shot, with the contrasting white glasses and black purse.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Lovely ladies, so different jet so similar... I am in luv with the second woman's purse is delicious, I would run away with it and also the sunglasses in picture one. Picture number tree is my dream dragish outfit, in fact I will shock my husband this weekend, but where on hearth to get those shoes!!!

 

Blogger Chloe chloe chloe said ... (7:01 PM) : 

i'm in love with the first womans trousers! they are so clean but relaxed at the same time.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:10 PM) : 

the silver shoes with the simple black coat--so great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

I love the third woman's confidence. Captivating.

 

Blogger SunshineTax said ... (7:21 PM) : 

I covet the neutral outfit. Those trousers!! That scarf!! She is charming.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

wow!! love the gray on gray look. can feel the soft cashmere just by looking at the picture!!

the black coat was stunning but not the shoes. would have done patent or something!

and the masculine black on black suit style..... so cool how she paired it with two bracelette cuffs !! so manly but so chic!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

Hi, Sart- is that Renee Rockefeller(sorry if sp is incorrect)in top 'photo?

 

Blogger Keiler said ... (8:27 PM) : 

I love how each of these people contrast the backgrounds. I think people should decorate their homes very colorfully if they like to wear neutral colors and vice versa.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 PM) : 

love the contrast of the black outfit with the white shoes. BRILLIANT!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:13 PM) : 

i'm loving the backgrounds for the 2nd and 3rd picture..brightens up all the black!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 PM) : 

Is the lady on the bottom actually rocking a pocket watch? So cool, if so, and I'm more excited about that than the cuffs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 PM) : 

I can't take my eyes off the gray ensemble.

http://www.heathermilke.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 AM) : 

is this rr? her pants r a tad bit too long don't you think?. this colour is fab on her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 AM) : 

For me, our Paris Hilton look-alike at the top, though she looks stunning, is the least interesting of these three pics. The second woman I want to hang up in my wall as an example of what personal style, and doing your own thing beautifully, is all about. Likewise the bottom picture, whilst clearly going for the masculine look (I'm a man and I want those shoes), her look feels very faminine to me, I think the shirt and short jacket balance it out-marvellous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 AM) : 

pic 2: i love her bag. anyone know who makes it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 AM) : 

Photo n. 3 is Ludovica of Massimo De Carlo Gallery. Lovely person and always marvellous dressed.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (3:07 AM) : 

I'm not much into grey but the first picture looks so....... nice.. It really does, I really like it.. Especially with the subtle hint of gold (shoes)

 

Blogger Fredde Ahlstrom Cooney said ... (3:21 AM) : 

Very nice, the top one. Have always loved that baggy pants style a la Hepburn and the way the fabric moves when in motion.

 

Blogger Cristina Redondo said ... (5:39 AM) : 

when are you going to come to Barcelona?????

i really enjoy with the stylisms of the people that you choose for this blog, really good!!!

 

Blogger mydrid said ... (5:44 AM) : 

great black jacket and shirt combination

 

Blogger Vistiendo a Candela said ... (6:21 AM) : 

I really love the first two pictures!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 AM) : 

I do not think her pant are too big. Worth commentig is the second womans bag. Nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

What a shame that the pants are too long on the woman no1.They must be all torn and dirty at the end of the day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Whoever said white-rimmed frames best suit individuals with darker complexion???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

the first look is so simple (and a little mundane i suppose) but i can't help being slightly in love with it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I say, "Right on!" to the young lady in the middle photo. Thanks for not wearing black shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

I just love the grey/beige outfit and her hair is so fabulous. I wonder who cut it? Her pointed shoes are the most perfect for this trouser length. Your eye never fails you, Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I admire the first outfit (minus the pointy shoes). The luxurious scarf pulls it together.
I've been staring at the black outfit with the silver shoes in the second picture for a while now and still can't decide if it is my thing. But I find the lady's face captivating.
The third picture is different - not as much a fasion pic as an interesting portrait. I wonder what she does - is she an artist, a stylist or maybe a graphic designer?
I think I am getting addicted to this blog!

 

Blogger The Bluebird Pies Blog said ... (2:15 PM) : 

I agree, the grey is beautiful without being too matchy-matchy... makes me wish I had enough money to buy clothes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

For me only the lady in the second photo has an intelligent and creative outfit. The contrasting shoes in silver, no other colour would have done better here.

The outfit in photo no. 1 has a kind of sarcastic touch to me. That top, those glasses and that bag, omg!

That strictly black outfit in photo no. 3, it is just boring. The only interesting thing about it is the way she is wearing it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 PM) : 

I wander where the lady in the bottom picture got her suit, I love the jacket especially and I've been looking for one like it.

 

Blogger GlamBlush said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Your photos ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Hello Sartorialist
I am a big fan of your blog! Love it very much! I view it everyday!
But, I find there is not enough male style! Because I am a guy, I am more interested in guy's dress.
I remember there are a lot more man style before. So hope you could put more.
Thanks a lot
Have a wonderful day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

Re: Pic 1 - who says grey is boring?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

re monochrome lady's trousers too long: They're not. This is a tall person/wide trouser dilemma - longer legs cause the trousers to ride up more when walking. So in order that the trousers don't look 'too short' in motion, they have to be tailored a bit 'too long' while standing still. I think a generous break for wide trousers looks luxurious and is especially welcome in a sumptuous fabrication, as shown here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

You're coming here?! That's great! I really hope you find as much style and individual outfits as last time. You want a tip? Go to Södermalm, south part of town - a bit hippie and indierock-ish. And have fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

HOooooooooooooooooot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

Am I the only one who thinks the sunglasses in the top pic are just awful? They distract from the wonderful outfit she's wearing. P.S. Girl in #2 is lovely.

 

Blogger anna/village vegan said ... (6:39 PM) : 

I absolutely love that first one. So inspiring!

 

Blogger Jennifer H Huynh said ... (8:49 PM) : 

I love you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

those grey pants are PERFECT.

 

Blogger Ellie Lee said ... (12:42 AM) : 

love the 1st two outfits!!!! they're fab!!!

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (4:22 AM) : 

I love the first pants. I widh I wore white as she does!

 

Blogger londondog said ... (8:14 AM) : 

I love the Katharine Hepburn mannish feel to the lady on the first pic.


Second lady - perfection of a slightly sculpted look of the mono block of colour in her coat, tight and bag. By the way - her shoes are not white, as some people said above. They are silver - I know as I own the same pair ;-)

New Year wish - More Sart in London please please please ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Just goes to show... takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. I find the gray pants to be a bad '80's flashback, and the shoes a distraction. 'Course, I don't like the glasses, either. A pretty girl, lost in an ill-executed outfit.

Number three -- dynamism and confidence, and no apology. She understands her own proportions.

 

Blogger wilsonreps said ... (1:08 PM) : 

i love how these women use color and shape. it is so simple and modern. i'm taking tips and i'm a guy! thanks sart.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (3:03 PM) : 

The second photograph is a standout. I love the severity of a center part...and this lady appears natural and cool.

Cheers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

The woman in gray--so amazing! Chic, elegant, edgy, and pretty all at the same time!

And who knew white sunglasses could look anything but silly or costumey?

Somehow I know I wouldn't look nearly as good in wide trousers like that...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

ahmed studio- If this is who I think it is (renee rockefeller) she is not that tall average really but slim and slender.
I have to agree about the comment on glasses the colour is wonderful but the fit is dreadful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I want the 2nd woman's coat. Its a really goregous basic.

The third woman's look: maybe its just that I hate androgyny, but I hate it. I know its tailored but with the hair stripe, the glasses, the shoes, and the bracelets, plust the all black, it reads "frumpy" to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

oh wow, the mixtures of grey in texture and color in the first photo are neat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 AM) : 

I love the outfit in the top frame, she looks fresh and she looks cool, it's how a lot of people in Perth Australia dress in the cooler weather.

 

Blogger Neil MacLean said ... (10:35 AM) : 

I'm with d. kay.. #2 gets my vote!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 PM) : 

I love them all but lady number 3 is HOT! I love the sharp, well-proportioned, but slightly reckless style and attitude on her.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting