This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Pitti Prep - The Photos I Have Pulled From The Archive

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pitti Prep - The Photos I Have Pulled From The Archive

I love the idea of casual tennis shoes with a silk scarf at the neck

Refined Suede boots

The shot that made me want white jeans for Winter

Print Scarf with a jacket

Comments on "Pitti Prep - The Photos I Have Pulled From The Archive"

 

Blogger Topsy Turvy said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Now if I could get my husband to dress like this ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Isn't it a bit impractical to wear a silk scarf in winter? It is not a very warm thing to wear. I have several, but I can't really use them by day or night in the colder months, when something made of a fine wool is more useful.
How do you solve this problem?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Sart, i love it when you post this kind of subject because it's something i don't get a chance to see in my everyday life AND you know them in a way so that you can select so well; i feel your pictures' quality is at its best too around this guys... (eventhough they are all amazing, don't know if i mentioned it before..jeje). :)

 

Blogger Landis said ... (10:34 AM) : 

see, these shots make me want:

a gravel courtyard

a strong dark wall

italian light

a good photographer to catch me against it all

 

Blogger Jingoist said ... (10:36 AM) : 

I really like how the 2nd picture (gentleman with the suede boots) and the last picture (blue patterned scarf) make tweed look fresh and contemporary and not "classic" (see: outdated). And both do it in different ways, but achieve the same great result- fitting tweed into their overall look and not having it stand out.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Where is your picture for today scott?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Ahh! The man with the paisley scarf!!

I love this man's look,the single pleat pant,his light blue striped shirt,torise shell glasses,it all goes together so well.

I think I see a suede belt,was he wearing suede shoes?

I want to be like him some day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

I love the casual tennis shoes look. I have so many pairs of converse and I wear them with almost everything. It adds such a great youthful punch to any outfit.

 

Blogger Les said ... (11:22 AM) : 

what's crazy about the last picture is that it sorta of looks like me...love the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Dudes, looking good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

white jeans in winter... interesting...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I love EVERYTHING about the first picture. The red sweater, the beige tennis shoes, his age, his youth, how polished he looks but yet how casual his attitude is... he embodies so many beautiful contradictions.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Lots of men now. To cut it short I think they all have a style of their own,a personal one. And that is fine.

 

Blogger Nomadic said ... (2:19 PM) : 

I love it! I was so sad when I couldnt wear my new white jeans I got on sale, but now I think I`ll rock them anyway! :>

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

I totally agree with anon 12:54. I love the photo of the first gentleman. He still has a fire in his eye and is so trendy/youthful, has some personality in his outfit. I love it! I hope to maintain those qualities when I get older. He has the best face! What an outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

New to your blog but LOVE it!

white jeans...ok, I am a chick, but a smooth dressing chick
I wear white jeans in winter in the south...all winter with a black turtleneck and always on my Harley...
your blog is something to look forward to daily

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

The gentleman at 12:54 is Yukio Akamine of Incontro and Y. Akamine, a designer, consultant and educator in Japan.

I like the classic converse with the cuffed grey trousers for a vintage casual look. Jack Purcells would also work.

These shoes and trousers remind me of the photos that Orlando Suero took of the young senator JFK, Jackie, Ethel and Bobby in Georgetown in the mid-50s.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Silk scarves will work in the winter when backed with wool or cashmere, like the bottom two photos seem to show.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

All inspirational shots.

And i actually had the same grayish Converse, but in high-tops...

Makes me want to buy them again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

This is why I love the Sartorialist so much: these photos and then Anon 5:30's comment about Orlando Suero's fotos of the 1950's Kennedys in Georgetown. I had to google image Orlando Suero and then also see that Suero photographed Antonio Carlos Jobim in 1963...talk about style and zeitgeist.

 

Blogger Emma said ... (8:57 PM) : 

i have a couple missoni silk scarves...i wear them anyway suffer in the cold, but it looks fab...i'm inside 80% of the time anyway

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

I usually just gloss over your men's photos, but I am completely won over with today's series. All are wonderful examples of urban polish. (I particularly love "Suede Boots" and "Paisley Scarf.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

CONVERSE SHOES

the enemy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 AM) : 

I think I commented on the second pic when you put it out the 1st time but I'll comment again...Brown suede boots or brogues with grey flannels and a blazer/sportscoat is the pinnacle of elegant dressing for men. If you do it right- like this gent in the pic - it goes from monday morning meeting to sunday brunch.

 

Blogger brandt said ... (8:12 AM) : 

While it may not be "fashionable" to revisit last year for ideas, these looks, are all classic. They transcend time, and "fashions".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

Never leave without a scarf in autumn and winter. With a good scarf (wool off course!) you don't need a coat in colder weather conditions. You just can walk around in your jacket. Very handy. And it looks great (well at least on these gents).

Baz

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:44 PM) : 

The Italians do have flairs with their scarves. Good for them!

 

Blogger shabnom said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Those large scarves always look fabulous and weird to me at the same time; but they really do make the outfit.

 

Blogger Seattle Bites said ... (7:12 PM) : 

I find tennis shoes to be rather ugly for anything other than very causal activities. I do love wearing a print or white silk scarf with my suits.

 

Blogger Seattle Bites said ... (7:15 PM) : 

anon said "Isn't it a bit impractical to wear a silk scarf in winter? It is not a very warm thing to wear. I have several, but I can't really use them by day or night in the colder months, when something made of a fine wool is more useful.
How do you solve this problem?"

I find wearing a heavy silk scarf in warm enough for winter. Most silk scarfs in the US are quite light weight so search for a heavier one like a Hermes or you can double two of them up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 AM) : 

definitely love mr converse !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

i love the top one, i want his outfit, its perfect. and the way hes sitting!

 

Anonymous Android Phones said ... (2:03 AM) : 

Wow!

I know this comment is slightly late, but I didn't have the opportunity to write anything yesterday. I just wanted to share how perfectly WONDERFUL these images are! My father was a carpenter while I was growing up, and we had a wood shop in our backyard where he would work during the days. I used to go out and visit him several times during the day, and I would do everything from play with the shavings and extra wood to give him pictures to "decorate" his shop with. I even remember a couple of clown ones! 2945abc45 0425

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting