This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Greys & Blues, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, November 30, 2007

On the Street.....Greys & Blues, New York

Problem solved!


Comments on "On the Street.....Greys & Blues, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

love a woman in a skirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Ooh, I want to see the dress underneath! Love her boots. Perfect rainy day outfit.

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (9:05 AM) : 

I love the layering and I'm starting to appreciate ankle boots with tights, but I still think that they really chop up a woman's shilouette. I'd really much prefer pumps and a lot more leg, or knee-high boots. but that's just me.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (9:08 AM) : 

The entire look is so beautiful!

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Wow. The guy to her left is airborn!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

I'm in love with the comments in another window. So nice to be able to see the pics while reading the comments. Great revision Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Love the shades.

 

Blogger Tiny said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Where do these boots come from ??? :O

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Beautiful photo, Scott. Rain on the streets of Manhattan. I love it. It's very romantic. I can imagine walking up Fifth Avenue past Central Park, arm in arm with my girlfriend, sporting a wool overcoat and scarf, and carrying a black umbrella for the both of us.

 

Blogger DS said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Aww yes the shades of grey + blues done well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Her outfit balances masculine and feminine eleganly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

a perfect rainy day outfit and I love love love the purple strap of her bag, such an amazing colour!
great booties too!

 

Blogger s.212 said ... (10:54 AM) : 

omg! this is almost identical to what i wore to school the other day :)
and i love the umbrella

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

I've never been to New York but it is on my wish list of places to travel to. As a city dweller my favorite city weather is rain so this photo makes me want to visit even more! Stylish and warm... thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Hurry back to Europe ... N.Y is boring me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Dear Sart, I adore your photographs! Just don't stop!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

love the booties :)

i miss new york..

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (12:35 PM) : 

She's so cute with her umbrella!

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (12:36 PM) : 

She reminds me so much of Charlotte Rampling...so very gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

the look, the rainy atmosphere but most of all the girl....is just fantastic! thinking of you moltissimo :) love

 

Blogger shabnom said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Definitely love the oh-so-subtle tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Thanks so much for switching to the new format where we can read the comments and see the picture. It makes all the difference -- I can think through the comments so much better when the photo is right up on the screen while I read!

 

Blogger Anca said ... (1:37 PM) : 

exquisite, indeed

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Usually ankle boots with a skirt are disastrous but she makes it look good. I think the key is well defined calves and boots that cut off at the skinny of the ankle (thin ankles wouldn't hurt either).

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Love the color coordination and layering effect. She is probably the chic-est looking girl in the rain.

 

Blogger Susanna said ... (3:05 PM) : 

What a gorgeous umbrella! If I ever have to walk in the rain on a regular basis, I'm going to find one just like that to carry.

 

Blogger L'Henri said ... (3:55 PM) : 

i love her shoes! and the umbrella. It stands out so well and looks tres classy with the black monotone palette.



henrihouse.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Claris said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Beautifully done--and appropriately shod for the rain, too! Though, is it just me, or does anyone else miss the old days when overcoats were longer than the hem of one's skirt/dress?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

I think she has put together everything nicely. But all in all I don't think there's anything special about this. I find the colours a little blah. I'd like to see something bright against this pretty gal's face:)

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (5:43 PM) : 

Simple, chic and elegant. Those boots are fabulous!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:51 PM) : 

To Susanna,

The umbrella she's carrying is the one offered to hotel guests at all Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. I have a few for guests but still keep my Bergdorf Goodman umbrella to myself.

 

Blogger cletana said ... (6:30 PM) : 

i love the boots, and how looks the belt hunging out of her bag, and, also, the umbrella. three objects make a cool efect for me. and, as always, the shot, which is so so great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Damn I am obsessed with this look. They greys, blacks, and navy layers are something Ive been striving to achieve in a masculine way. The leather purse (or boots in my case) are also a must to balance the darker shades.
Looooooove it!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:39 PM) : 

I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again: Grey is my new fave color.

And oh yeah...what's the name of this street?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 PM) : 

She looks just perfect, the scarf, the bag, the umbrella and the very classic look with some pretty trendy shoes for fun.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:11 AM) : 

i think she looks good in her outfit.
but i agree with alicia from upstair's comment that ankle boots make the proportion look funny.
just my opinion.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (12:43 AM) : 

Love the different layered tones of navy, I like how her bag adds color specially with that purple strap..

 

Blogger Suzanna Mars said ... (4:00 AM) : 

I agree with Alicia (above) about the choppiness of ankle boots with a skirt, except that here it is not germane. Love a dark, near-monochromatic palette and this woman exemplifies the best of this look. She's adult, but with a keen eye for trend without being jejeune.

Bonus for the solid heel on the boots.

 

Blogger iy said ... (5:21 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 AM) : 

What a lovely photo. The girl is so wonderful and I love the spontaneus man that runs beside her. (He has a great outfit too!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 AM) : 

I must also say that these beautiful rainy pictures and looks remind me of one of the greatest Saturday plans in the season: sleep until late, a walk under the rain, a bath and a great cup of tea (perhaps with a muffin...)

Oh, if only my apartment had a fireplace...

HAPPY DECEMBER!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 AM) : 

Lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

The skirt,tights and the shoes look nice. Grey in the scarf is a natural choice.

 

Blogger aissy55 said ... (9:45 AM) : 

I'm in love with those boots- does anyone know who designs them?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

I am in love with the line that is made with the scarf, coat, and skirt. It's perfect.

 

Blogger Lola said ... (5:33 PM) : 

What ARE those boots? They're amazing...I'm in love!

-fashionpoirot.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

I want to know about the bag. Does anyone know what it is?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 PM) : 

I really like the detailing on her boots--the wrap and buttons is gorgeous and so visually interesting.

But I don't like the colors--too blah and it fades into the rain.

I live in the city and I hate the rain-its makes getting around so much sloppier and changes what I can wear, umbrella or not. I like to use bright color to boost my mood.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 PM) : 

BORING!

 

Blogger hannah said ... (10:09 PM) : 

That was nice umbrella. me like :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

No--or yes--the proportions are perfect, down to the scarf length. She's tall enough to carry off the otherwise leg-shortening booties.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Really nice ensemble! I wonder if that could work with my 5'2... And I just love the boots, the solid heels make the difference.

 

Blogger cookiemonster said ... (3:10 AM) : 

Very nice photo, love the boots!

 

Blogger polina said ... (5:44 AM) : 

I really love the outfit. These are the colors that I like the most! I don't think the umbrella or the bag make the hole look but the mix of the perfect colors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

I can't say I like it as much as everyone else. I find her legs look disproportionate, looks like she is long in the torso, short in the legs with the proportion of her clothing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Does anyone know who makes these boots?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

The short raincoat over the skirt maks the booties work- It's all in the proportion

 

Blogger Seattle Bites said ... (7:05 PM) : 

I love the tonal quality of this outfit and how interesting and captivating it is without the use of outlandish colours or style.

Gray is such a perfect colour and looks better on far more skin tones than black.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:11 PM) : 

PERFECTLY put together. nothing wrong here. i wonder how long it too her to put together. THE BAGGGGG Is a must! what is it does anyone know?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:46 PM) : 

She looks so chic. And I love the way she's carrying that Four Seasons umbrella like it's designer.

By the way, Sart, thanks for fixing that comments feature. How the comments open up in another box is so much better. Thank you!

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:49 PM) : 

This is probably one of those looks that inspire to actually go out and buy stockings.. I'm wearing my grey stocking rights now, and yes it's raining in our area too..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

i adore her shoes!!!
love the way the jacket and skirt layers. looks wonderful with the blue tights and grey scarf.

 

Blogger xxx said ... (1:45 PM) : 

I like the design of the shoes but not so much how the leather looks. It's ok but I think with that ensemble I would prefer something more delicate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

what a great candid shot. nice color symmetry, as if the people, the buildings, and the weather were all conspiring with you to make this picture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

ITA with Alicia. The multiple line breaks in this silhouette work only if you are young, tall and thin. I've seen this look worn in my rural neighborhood on shorter, curvier middle-aged women, and the combination with the dark colors looks like a religious habit, not chic at all. It also adds pounds. Since I am this body type, I'm sticking with pencil skirts, lots of leg, pumps and tall boots.

 

Anonymous Women Leather Blazers said ... (8:47 AM) : 

That's really a great post. I really like it. Keep it up.



Buy Leather Jackets,
Leather Skirts

 

Anonymous Lake Vostok said ... (6:59 PM) : 

The short raincoat over the skirt maks the booties work- It's all in the proportion

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting