This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Subtle & Dramatic, Hong Kong

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On the Street.....Subtle & Dramatic, Hong Kong

I love this girls whole look but I really love her makeup - it is both subtle and dramatic at the same time

Sorry for the delay of these Hong Kong posts.

Comments on "On the Street.....Subtle & Dramatic, Hong Kong"

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (7:47 PM) : 

Gorgeous! The asymmetrical haircut makes the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 PM) : 

I think that the women from Hong Kong are some of the most stylish in the world. This woman is both stylish and understated. Fantastic.

 

Blogger DJ said ... (7:58 PM) : 

been waiting for the Asian posts. =) now its here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

My new favorite post.
I've been thinking about totally pared down looks lately, after all this time with the layering and mixed patterns, etc. This seals the deal.
Way to go, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

shes way too cute

 

Blogger ginjin3 said ... (8:45 PM) : 

wow. her whole look is so simple yet amazing. lovely!

i wish there was a feature in blogger where i could fav an entry and later on be able to go back to them.

if i could add faves to an entry this would be one of them. thanks sart. :D

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:46 PM) : 

don't ever be sorry - you rule

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

For me, it really is the hair. Gorgeous!

 

Blogger jasmine said ... (9:16 PM) : 

absolutely perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 PM) : 

ohhhhhh i will be so mad if anyone says this look is boring in the least bit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 PM) : 

love it. the simplicity, everything.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

i love her hair...she's adorable but powerful in her look at the same time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

Thank God you're back, I was having withdrawals!
PS. Love the pic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

im defintely underwhelmed with this.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (10:40 PM) : 

I agree about the make - up..

It is so refreshing to see a new "perspective"..

 

Blogger The everyday masterpiece said ... (10:42 PM) : 

Sartorialist be sure that from now on many collections will be asian style oriented

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 PM) : 

i have been missing the posts,glad you have arrived safely and have resumed work. enjoy asia.

 

Blogger SartoriallyAddicted said ... (10:45 PM) : 

An Asian woman in oversized black....?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

I'm in love.

- BenMassimo

 

Blogger Joan said ... (10:55 PM) : 

I too also like the asymmetrical haircut and also like how she applied her eyeliner.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

She's very beautiful indeed, her make-up is very nice, just enough to make a difference, and her haircut gives her a nice edge

 

Blogger Casey said ... (11:08 PM) : 

I've always loved a pared-down aesthetic and this is gorgeous. It's so exciting to see the Asian shots start to appear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

Wow. This is funny because she sort of reminds me of, well, me. Sometimes it seems there are few Asian girls out there who haven't dyed or highlighted their hair; they don't realise how beautiful and dramatic their natural hair colour can be.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 PM) : 

the skinny pant/baggy top look is big over here, and this is almost andro if not for the makeup and haircut. its nice to see something commonly seen in my daily life put on your blog :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

ok. random and ironic, but
I KNOW HER.
(:

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 AM) : 

i like her hair style. it goes so well with her big eyes. i think.

more pictures of asia please.
i cannot wait to see more of it.
^^**

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 AM) : 

In Hongkong, I was most fascinated by the hair and the clothes. Almost everyone is impeccably dressed and made up. I would see a lot of young men in skinny suits and spiky hair on the subway. I'm looking forward to your pictures from Asia!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

I love your blog and I love that you are in Hong Kong. I lived there for a few months, modeling, when I was younger and I loved their sense of style! Can't wait to see more

 

Blogger ADJIUMI said ... (3:28 AM) : 

Her look so intriguing.

 

Blogger underneath said ... (3:49 AM) : 

I like her slightly overcized jacket, narrow pants and gentleman`s shoes..

 

Blogger Haircuts... said ... (3:59 AM) : 

Her asymmetric hair with the rugged fringe suits her, but it´s not so dramatic, more soft.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 AM) : 

she has lovely eyes, i love how she paired everything up with white trackers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

finally, Hong Kong!!!!

I'm a HKnese and a regular here, and really really happy that can see the HK face here.

she's stylish with a lovely face.

 

Blogger machabeez said ... (5:28 AM) : 

i agree, i honestly havent met many who could pull off such a look..

 

Blogger _ said ... (5:48 AM) : 

yay.

more more more!

have you visited Mong Kok yet? I hope you get the opportunity to try local food. :3 it's sooo gooood!

 

Blogger The Catorialist said ... (5:51 AM) : 

her fit is one of the best looks I have seen on this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 AM) : 

Sartorialist is so hot right now, Sartorialist. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

wow, i think she's gorgeous and her makeup highlights her natural features in a fun way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 AM) : 

If you're able,on this trip, or later, come to South Korea, it'll amaze you.

 

Blogger Andy said ... (8:29 AM) : 

yes, i second that come to south korea!!!

 

Blogger AM said ... (8:52 AM) : 

I went to HK a couple of years ago, and I thought it was one of the most dynamic cities I've ever been to. It's just full of life, and the people are quirky, energetic, and delightfully rude. I hope you're living it up.

I would kill for this young woman's lips and haircut.

 

Blogger Misgrace said ... (9:14 AM) : 

There's something very still about this woman, almost like's she's frozen in a time/space vacuum.

You sort of imagine everything passing her by in a blur, as she remains fixed... especially obvious in the cropped shot.

Pared down to the max. I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

A fresh young face but totally boring clothes -

 

Blogger pattersonovsky said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Ginjin3, I don't know if that's possible or not on blogger/blogspot, but I always just drag my favorite pictures into a special folder on my desktop - "master sartorialist". It's the same thing, and you could just date them. Good luck. Great picture.

 

Blogger sunni said ... (10:07 AM) : 

^
ditto to the above.

and i have her haircut. i am thinking about replicating her look exactly in my head now. this is one of those few purely genius looks which wouldn't cost me an arm or a leg and my first born aswell.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Is this a new Mao suit???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

The understatedness of her look suggests a keen self-awareness. She chose her most beautiful feature (her eyes), emphasized them without ostentation, and then made sure that all the other elements of the look did not overwhelm, but rather complemented them.

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (1:11 PM) : 

I'm so glad you're posting from Asia!

I love this young woman's look. From the neck up, she reminds me of Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

Perfect hair and makeup for her face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

I'm going to HK in Nov. and this is making me SO ANXIOUS. I really can't wait. It's my favorite place in the world to shop. Whatever style you have, you can find something special in HK. Yay!

 

Blogger bun2bon said ... (8:15 PM) : 

great hair style

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (8:15 PM) : 

I've been loving all black lately. I'm always a sucker for casual and simple. Plus, I love those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 AM) : 

Beautiful, love this look. Those shoes are very similar if not the actual Bottega Veneta men's brogues from a season or two ago. I love them on men, imagine on a woman!! Brilliant, inspired.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Wow...you've just caught a real typical HK girl. Isn't she just pretty??

Good job, Sart!

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (9:23 PM) : 

I just love her hair cut and make up.

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (10:38 PM) : 

I don't think I can ask for much more.

 

Blogger LindaHii said ... (3:59 AM) : 

LOL..can't believe it coz that's my friend!!!!!!!!O_o

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

hello sir,
i am glad you are BACK!!!your blog is what gets my day started.Weird, when i saw this picture i thought i was looking at a picture of myself, but this girl is beautiful.
True beauty.The only difference with the way she looks is her bangs, my bangs are a different color than my hair.
keep doing what your doing.

Love
Kristina

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 PM) : 

Beautiful, beautiful face, and such pretty hair.

I also love that collar.

I have to say, though, I don't care for the outfit from the shoulders down. Looks a little too boxy over too-skinny legs.

(I think this is just cause I don't like the skinny legs look in general)

But who cares when she's looks so great from the shoulders up? So attractive.

I also love the face and outfit in the grey layers picture.

It's nice to see these photos from Asia.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

Her face, hair and makeup together look very sweet but also extremely well defined and modern. Good thing they're so alluring because they make you pause and look at the outfit as well. It reminds me of the minimalism of the late 90's, but it's so much more. Shape, volume, and lack of it.

One more detail. Bearing the backdrop in mind, I love it how she's standing to your right, not left, and facing to your left, not right. It creates a subtle element of surprise in the composition.

 

Blogger s tsui said ... (12:59 AM) : 

welcome to hong kong!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting