This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Rain and Rain and More Rain in Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rain and Rain and More Rain in Milan

So I wanted to have more shots tonight but this rain is completely mental!! (sorry, I have have been watching too much Extras on DVD )
anyway weather is better tomorrow and i should have more to post (stupid rain)

btw, it is The Sartorialist two year anniversary today!

I can't articulate (I am rarely articulate) how much the community here has meant to me and this blog ,so again, thanks!
.

Comments on "Rain and Rain and More Rain in Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Congrats on two years Sart!! I look forward to checking out your blog everyday!! Keep up the great work!

 

Blogger Susan said ... (4:30 PM) : 

HAPPY 2 YEARS SARTORIALIST!!! I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG SINCE JUNE 2006. :)I'M GLAD I STUMBLED UPON THIS ACCIDENTALLY THROUGH CLICKING NEXT BLOG...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

No, Sart - thank you. This blog has been extremely helpful to this un-stylish Midwesterner. Congratulations on two years of helping people like me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Congratulations!! A good job is always lasting. Since some one introduce me to this blog i became a suuuuuper fan. Is intoxicating!!!!

From de Dominican Republic, Congratulations!!!!!! Patricia Federo

 

Blogger Cardigans and Couture said ... (4:39 PM) : 

I look at your photos religiously. It is my source of fashion awe and inspiration. Thank you for the beautiful photographs each and every day. As I get dressed in the morning I think to myself "would this be worthy of the Sartorialist?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

Felicidades!!!! Congrats!!!! Hope we have you forever!!! I love you Sart!

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Happy 2 year anniversary! I have been visiting your blog for just over a year now and in that time, rediscovered how much fun it is to get dressed. You brought real, edgy, and creative fashion to my desktop :)

 

Blogger mydrid said ... (4:44 PM) : 

congratulations, i truly love this site. it gives a vision of how any of us can dress up for a walk in the city

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (4:44 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

I'm sure your fans have a hard time articulating how much you inspire us as well. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Congrats, on two. Since I discovered your blog through GQ,I look you up everyday when I get home from work. Even on Christmas when you were a tad bit slow in posting.

 

Blogger Artis said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Happy Anniversary!

You have no idea how much I love your blog!! As a NY gayboy, finding new and interesting ways to interpret my wardrobe is great and I have learned so much from this blog.

Keep up the good work!!

 

Blogger Artis said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Happy Anniversary!

You have no idea how much I love your blog!! As a NY gayboy, finding new and interesting ways to interpret my wardrobe is great and I have learned so much from this blog.

Keep up the good work!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

congratulations!!! i love your site, i visit it religiously!!!

 

Blogger E. said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Joyeux Anniversaire !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Happy anniversary, Sart!

Due to...

- you
- vintage couture
- kuler.adobe.com

...there's been a lot more compliments coming my way this year.

Thanks for all you do,
mltt

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Happy Anniversay.

But even when it's raining, you can take beautiful shots...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Happy two years of an amazing and outstanding work that I´m addicted of.
Congrats today for today, for yesterday and for tomorrow.

Parabéns! (congratulations)

Francisco Aso
São Paulo - Brazil

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (5:38 PM) : 

happy anniversary!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

happy anniversary! don't let that rain get to you.

and thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

I can't tell you how much your blog means to me!!! Every new post brightens my day. And you put any other 'best dressed' list to shame.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Happy Anniversary!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Congratulations!
Your blog is amazing!
I couldn't imagine not having your blog to check out what are the most fantastic street looks!

 

Blogger Nerine said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Congratulations! You're part of every morning for me, and although I cannot claim to be dressing better yet, but you've opened my eyes and inspired me to try.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! wohoo!

 

Blogger Hong Kong Loudspeakers said ... (6:34 PM) : 

Happy Anniversary.

May there be more fantastic photos and intelligent writing to come.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

thank YOU for being such an amazing source of inspiration, your blog is so incredibly influential.
best style blog out there.
happy 2 years, sart!!

 

Blogger positively the same dame said ... (6:46 PM) : 

there is no such thing as too much "extras" and there is no such thing as too much of the sartorialist.

salutations on your 2nd anniversary (has it really been that long?) -- as i stated in a previous post, you are only getting better.

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (6:47 PM) : 

Congratulations Sart! Your beautiful photos inspire me time and again. Thank you for sharing your work with us all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 PM) : 

Happy B-day!! Joyeux Anniversaire! Wonderful pictures! Superbes photographies! (yep i'm an automatic translator ;-))
Félicitations depuis la France!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Happy annif!

I check out the blog every morning before I read my e-mails and I got my boyfriend hooked on it too and now we find ourselves referencing it in conversation tres tres frequently.

Thanks for the inspiration!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:56 PM) : 

We love you out here in the Mojave Desert!

Seriously, Sart, it's a pleasure and a privilege to visit you every day. You make us all feel too cool for school!

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

Congratulations. I love this blog. I never comment on the other blogs I visit, but your site inspires me to share my thoughts. Keep up the good work.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:23 PM) : 

Scott, thank YOU.

The blog has entered the bloodstream of my days, always happily, always instructively.

Because of it, I've learned to see MORE.

Butch

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I LOVE EXTRAS
The Ian McKellan one makes my life.

 

Blogger Madeleine said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Congrats! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't check in with you at least once (sometimes twice)! :o)

 

Blogger SC said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Hmm, damned rain... Actually, I' heading to my universtiy, where it usually rains all day long, and I can sympathize with you. Anyway, I'm glad your blog is two years old. I mean it must be quite a nice feeling to have a blog like this.

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (7:42 PM) : 

We're the ones who should be thanking you.. Happy Birthday and here's to many more years of your inimitable style coverage!

 

Blogger Alan Nei said ... (7:51 PM) : 

congratulations!!!sartorialist.cool and nice blog!!keep going

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 PM) : 

BUON COMPLEANNO!!!!!!!!
SPERIAMO CHE DOMANI NON PIOVA!!!

 

Blogger umasnotas said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Congrats! Love your blog!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 PM) : 

A most happy anniversary to you -- what dedication (not to mention impeccable taste)! Really we should be thanking you (and I am). :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

Thank YOU!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Happy birthday, and thanks so much for this great site, which by the way always makes me feel totally underdressed.

 

Blogger yave said ... (8:19 PM) : 

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS TO YOU, YOUR CAMERA, AND THE BEAU PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE CAPTURED.

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (8:20 PM) : 

Happy, happy anniversary! Still loving your work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

Joyeux Anniversaire, Sart!! And congratulations on all of your good fortune this year!! Thanks for all of the fun!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 PM) : 

Your images have become part of many of our daily lives.

It is said that life is ultimately maya, illusion, a series of impressions...

...and your images, along with the people we see and the things we do and the books we read and the music we hear, are part of these daily impressions for many of us.

Just think! What a gift you have, and give.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

btw?! oh america...

Regardless, Congratulations! I absolutely adore your blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Bravo, congratulations from Colombia!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

Congratualations on two years!
The Sartorialist is must-click-and-see page for me everyday~ It's been so helpful to have an idea of great street fashion and actually, I'm trying to seek my own style after looking at these amazing ppl.
Best wishes!!

from: Sart's fan in london.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 PM) : 

Wow, happy two years! Very nice indeed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 PM) : 

I love your blog, but when will the shopping guide premiere?? :( April 2007 has come and gone...

P.S. MANY CONGRATSSSSS. YOU DESERVE IT!

 

Blogger T said ... (8:58 PM) : 

I commend you immensely on creating a fine pool inspiration for myself and a plethora of others out there.

You have an impeccable eye to style. Furthermore, you have reaffirmed my prejudice that jeans are not the only way to go.

Happy anniversary. Your site makes my day. Always.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

Congratulations! I've been visiting your blog daily for almost 2 years, and I am always amazed by your exceptionnal sense of fashion and aesthetic. Your blog really helped me to develop my personality through clothing(and it still does). I sometimes wonder what it'd be like to meet you. Hope I'll get that opportunity someday.

You're doing a wonderful job, and I'm glad it pays. Keep up the great work, I'm sure you have one of the best job ever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 PM) : 

Happy 2nd Birthday! And many, many more to come. Eternal thanks to The Sartorialist for bringing style back into fashion. Hip hip Hooray! Hip hip Hooray! Hip hip HOORAY!

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:09 PM) : 

Happy Birthday, TheSartorialist, I'm very glad that I'm a part of this wonderful and inspiring blog..

Don't be bummed out because of the rain.. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

milano, stupenda!! quanto mi piacerebbe essere a milano pure a me adesso, non importa se piove ;)e invece me sto a manhattan, che poi il tempo non e' male dopottutto..b
comunque complimentoni per il bel blog, le tendenze modaiole e le persone che fotografi sono davvero interessanti, ogni tanto scopiazzo pure qualche stile qua e la' :) grazie1000

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Congrats from Melbourne Australia.

After almost a year, you're still at the top of the 'Blogs' folder in my Bookmarks.

Love your photography and the 'style training' aspect.

 

Blogger Ammie said ... (9:23 PM) : 

Happy Anniversary! Unlike a lot of people here, I've only been following your blog for a couple of weeks! Very glad to have found it -- like the first commenter, I look forward to your photographs and commentary each day.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Happy 2nd Anniversary!!

Sorry to hear about the rain ruining your shoots. Go celebrate and have a glass of champagne.

 

Blogger shwali said ... (9:42 PM) : 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I look at this website everyday!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

Congratulations on the anniversary!
I have been thinking about this blog for three weeks. Sounds strange does it not? But the thing is I had resisted your, and others, blog because the ridiculeness of fashion blogging. You see I Swedish (and thus known about you for some time), and I have seen the entire Swedish population becoming bloggers, and they all want to write a little about fashion. Often it results in them taking a picture of their outfit of the day. Not very interesting. Then my (Swedish) friend came to Tokyo, where I now live and no one seems to have the time for blogging, and we started talking about the name “the Sartorialist”. He said he thought it was a form of your last name and I said I thought it had to do with a tailoring term of how to make the jacket more stable in the front. But in retrospect, maybe it is to do with good tailoring in general. Anyway I visited the blog, and I have kept visiting almost everyday since. It seems to me that this blog is not really a fashion blog, at least not a street style blog. It is more an online fashion magazine with beautiful pictures and not so much text. And it seems to be higher fashion then most people wear, by witch I mean more expensive. I think it is because of this the Sartorialist is an interesting place to visit. Although I would like to see more of your words I think the reactions to your posts are very interesting to read. There is a very dedicated group of people that comment regularly, and they seem to have a strong sense of style.
Thank you for the hard work you’ve put in.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 PM) : 

Got to know yr blog thru Harper's Bazaar, log on todae n it's yr 2 yrs anni! Njoyed yr blog alot!

 

Blogger UESman said ... (10:14 PM) : 

I've been with you from the beginning, and I'll be with you till the end(which will never come). I just hope that you will look back at the beginnings a bit more. I fear that the blog evolved from following classic and unusual styles, into a blog which follows the latest homogenius trends. I also realize the extreme difficulty in trying to stay fresh and connected, while still remaining true to the fundamental classics of fashion. Have fun in Milan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 PM) : 

i watch extras too

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (10:22 PM) : 

Congratulations, and thank you! Your blog gets better every week, and I love seeing you in all the magazines. Cheers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

Happy 2nd Anniversary ^^ Looking forward to more good stuff ^^

best wishes from sunny singapore

kenny

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 PM) : 

happy anniversary! not a religious follower, but always so happy to have "tuned in" when I make the time...your beautiful photographs and blog are inspiring and create a link which I am grateful for. thank you for sharing so generously your obviously inspired appetite for fashion and beauty. best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

Yay! Two years, Scott! Congratulations! This blog is so great - brightens my day every day. So, thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

Happy Birthday The Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 PM) : 

Happy 2 years birthday!!!!!
I look your blog every single day!!
it is an obssesion, i can't live without it!!!
CONGRATULATIONS....i hope to be checking your blog for many many years more!!!
GOOD LUCK
from Santiago de Chile
Catalina.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Congratulations!! Happy 2nd Anniversary!! I hope we can celebrate many more to come :)

Thank you for all your efforts and for taking time to share your amazing talent with us. You are one of the most inspirational and motivational in the sartorial world. You have a keen eye for fashion that is not clouded or limited to what's "in". I hope you continue to inspire and maintain your realistic touch to the fashion world.

~ pearlescent

 

Blogger Wai Ling said ... (11:36 PM) : 

I am from Malaysia and I follow your blog religiously! Your pictures is an inspiration for me to try on different styles. (Although we only have one weather here all year round - summer). But it's still fun. Do come to Asia soon!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:49 PM) : 

congratulations!

I am keeping my eye on this blog for a long time!
Great photos!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

congratulations!
and many thanks--I truly appreciate the inspiration and stimulation (visual and mental) you have added to my life!

 

Blogger Yankee Doodle said ... (12:04 AM) : 

Honey, your blog is fab....been coming here since the early days. About damn time I wrote. We are working it in Houston thanks in part to you. Congrats.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 AM) : 

OMG! It's on my birthday!
I <3 your blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 AM) : 

sartorialist,

congratulations on your 2yrs from malaysia.


bisous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 AM) : 

first time i am posting : ) . I am always looking for inspiration for dressing in images ... and the sartorialist is one of the best and only places i find it !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 AM) : 

indeed rain in Milan, but the people outside Armani Privé 2night had som enice outfits

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 AM) : 

Happy two! Now have Negroni – or two – in Milan to celebrate them.

 

Blogger Goldbug said ... (1:28 AM) : 

happy anniversary. thank you for bringing me a happy fashion does every morning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 AM) : 

Dear Sart,
I've been following your blog religiously for a year and a half at least, it has been on my links bar, I've recommended it to people, even right now i just woke up to go to work but took a few moments to put on some miles and came to check my favourite blog, still in bed. It literally is the first thing I am doing today. I've been following your blog since uni in England, then back home in Portugal, presently in Warsaw where I am working (great place to shoot btw; I love how the girls manage to look fantastic with few resources. A great town for those looking for some cheap&chic inspiration) and plan to continue reading it wherever i go next, which should be Luanda, Angola right next month (I'll spread the word to the local fashionistas, just like i have already here in Poland). Somehow in a year in a half I never got round to post you and to the level to which I am addicted to your blog, i really should have. You've even assisted me in the very tricky wardrobe progression, from uni to suit and tie look. SO... thanks. I've always wanted to live in NYC. I would just like to sit in a cafe and watch the people go by. Your blog gives me that. It's not just that i like it. It has become a habit. Congratulations for your work. I better go get dressed now...and go to work. A.

 

Blogger MAYA METNI said ... (1:52 AM) : 

Congrats from Beirut Lebanon!!!
I've been following you ever since the early days...
Cheers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 AM) : 

I got a tip about you blog from a friend in Copenhagen a year ago, and since then I've been checking it every day. Congrats on two years, and thank you! hopefully you'll visit Norway sometime.

 

Blogger Ozzie said ... (2:56 AM) : 

Happy Anniversary Sart!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 AM) : 

Happy Birthday there! I've been following you since this year and it seems so longer than that!

 

Blogger birdkiddie said ... (3:20 AM) : 

THANK YOU for all inspiration you have given me these two years!!

Keep up the good (amazing) work!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 AM) : 

Congrats,

Keep it up. You have something very precious going, don't let it go away!

It's so nice to be able to do a bit of people watching from one's laptop, as a distraction. And it's all because of you. And by the by, it's not raining anymore. Get going, we want more...

From Italy.

 

Blogger ProQuaMe said ... (3:35 AM) : 

Hello to everyone, I've been looking at this great blog since 3 or 4 mounths age and I'd never sad nothing.

I think now is the moment. Because of the 2nd anniversary.

Congratulations keep doing as well as you do.

Kisses from Menorca!!
Laura

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 AM) : 

herzlichen glückwunsch sart!
keep on making us happy and better looking every day.

 

Blogger polina said ... (4:41 AM) : 

Congratulations,Sart! I'm really enjoy reading these comments from your friends all over the world. It's fantastic that people from different countries with different cultures share the same feelings about style. With love from Russia!

 

Blogger aileen said ... (4:45 AM) : 

Happy 2 years sartotialist!!!
Thk u so much for this wonderful blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 AM) : 

Happy blogbirthday!!
Go on like this, we need you. Monica

 

Blogger Ryfka said ... (6:22 AM) : 

Scott, you are THE GOD OF STREET FASHION. Thank you for this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 AM) : 

Congratulations from Spain. I love your blog. Happy two years... and more!! Thank you for all!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 AM) : 

thank you sart! checking your blog only since two months, it has already changed the way i look at people and hopefully changed my look.
greetings from berlin!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Congratulations on your two years!!! I have been following your work for one year now and I am a big fan.
I check your blog everyday I think it's great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

Congrats, Sart !!!
This is an amazing blog and I love checking it out every day !
Cheers ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Congrats and Thanks! I hope you enjoy doing this half as much as I am inspired by it.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Congratulations - I am addicted to your blog!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Congrats!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR BLOG!

And thanks to you for sharing your great pictures from world of fashion, looks of Fashionistas, stories of your meetings with intersting people, your side of views and taste!!

Your blog brighten up my days! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Thank you Sart,

your photos have soul...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Congratulations from Singapore! The Sartorialist is a daily must-visit for me for the past year. It's so incredibly interesting and inspiring. Your "eye" and your work is amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Happy anniversary, Sart! I've been following for a year now and checking this site is now part of my daily routine. You have a real knack for finding subtle twists on fashion classics and totally unique personal style. When I went to New York this summer I couldn't help but think "Oh that is a Sartorialist shot waiting to happen" every few blocks. You have definitely inspired me.

I wish you continued success.
-A

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Congrats! I love this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

It's pouring in Paris, too; I feel your pain.

But congratulations on two years and on the Elle spread!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

WE thank you for your clean, great work! Prejudice free and... free.
Happy anniversary!
Congratulations from this fan of yours!

 

Blogger chalkboards said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Ever since you approached my girlfriend last year to take her picture, I've been a huge fan of your site. Thank you and keep it up. Congratulation's on all of your success.

 

Blogger Victor Castro said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Happy Happy Anniversary! We are in the same boat in Miami the last 3 days with all this rain, felt I was in London, which I love! Viva Extras and long live The Sartorialist!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Sorry i didnt comment yesterday, but your photos are so beautiful, i look forward to seeing new posts every day!
Hopefully one day i'll be in one of them :]

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Thanks for the always-inspiring photos! Your site has become as much a part of my day as coffee and the New York Times. I can't get through the day without my fix!

 

Blogger fraise said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Félicitations depuis la Côte d'Azur !

I enjoy reading -- drinking in, rather -- your site regularly. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Scott, hello! I'm in love with your works, and derive great inspiration from just looking through them practically each day, trying not to miss something. I just have one favour to ask of you - please, come to Moscow and make a shooting on its' streets. There are a lot of beautifuly looked and fashionably dressed people here. Besides, in two weeks The Moscow Fashion Week is coming. I hope the whether will be also great :) I dream, I'll have a chance to meet you on Moscow streets soon :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

Happy Aniversary!

It's just amazing to see how you've been able to create your own "job" though your love, passion and talent for what you're doing. I often tell my friend about how you've parlayed a blog to everything that you're doing today.

I met you at the Saks Fifth Avennue event in S.F. for Charvet. (I did end up ordering two made-to-measure shirts - one is a white shirt to wear with jeans as well as a suit/blazer. A real treat to have Messr.Colban's personal attention as he used the opportunity to train two Saks associates on how to measure for a shirt. He wasn't willing to do the Kiton-style sleeve button spacing but was happy to make one sleeve barrel larger for my watch.) What I noticed at the event was how expertly you interviewed Messr. Colban. You were well prepared with *interesting* questions and your clothing/fashion background probably helped as well. I noticed good questions on your street interviews as well. *So I really encourage you to do more interviews in the future if you can fit them in as you definitely are articulate and have a talent for interviewing.

Like others... I also have to have my daily dose of The Sartorialist.

Good luck!

Larry (Blaumax)
Santa Cruz, CA

[OK ... I will get around to getting a Blogger account instead of being Anon.]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 PM) : 

seems like yesterday you were telling us about "this blog you were starting" and you were taking pictures of your friends ice skating!!!

i never would have thought you would be traveling the world and become such a global inspiration!!!

congratulations scott schuman.

zt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Congrats!
I´m a german Reader and to look at the Sartorialist to get some new inspirations is for me a part of the day, and without it would not be complete :)

Keep up the good work. I love your blog since one of your early shots with the individualist and i hope there will be many more years to come:)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:11 PM) : 

I've been without my computer for a week! So, sorry to post my congratulations so late!

Thanks for this blog. I've been inspired by your enthusiastic approach to fashion.

And I continue to remain a devoted fan!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:43 PM) : 

Happy anniversary & God bless!!

I can't tell you how much your blog means to me, but continue to do what you do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Hi Sart,

Coming out of lurkdom after 1.5 years of tending to my daily addiction to The Sartorialist, just to congratulate you on this wonderful 2-year anniversary! I (and many others)hope to see lots more of your beautiful and inspiring work in the future (maybe in the form of a book, that would be the icing on the cake)!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

Yay, two years! And many more to come!
I don't think The Sartorialist is just a blog anymore; it's had such a big impact on me and how I think about myself and how I see other people.
Thanks so much, and keep up the good work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

No, THANK YOU from Argentina for openning and delighting our eyes...
Laura, One of your gropies...

 

Blogger Calenna said ... (2:52 PM) : 

Sart, belated congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! This is my first time commenting on your blog, though I have been obsessed with your photos since Fashion Week just hit NYC a few weeks ago. I'm a recent newbie to NYC and have become obsessed with your blog! I hope to run into you on the streets of SoHo one day and be snapped and featured on your blog! ;)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting