This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.........The Impossible Emmanuelle Alt, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On The Street.........The Impossible Emmanuelle Alt, Milan

Comments on "On The Street.........The Impossible Emmanuelle Alt, Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

if Emmanuel Alt can still hold on to her skinny jeans, so can I!

 

Blogger michael said ... (11:34 AM) : 

josephine ramone?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

so chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Love this classic rock chick look --gorgeous!!

 

Blogger Kiki said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Picture perfect cool.

 

Blogger tn said ... (12:17 PM) : 

So cool, so gorgeous, so great. I want this to be my uniform.

 

Blogger pig_93 said ... (12:22 PM) : 

She looks great. The jacket is classic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Fantastic. Love the androgyny of this pic, she does 'masculine' beautifully.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

I need this jacket, eventhough I know for sure I cannot afford it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Don´t know who she,but she looks and dresses quite ordinarily.Am I missing something?

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (1:23 PM) : 

She always looks great. More than that, I love this shot. Walking down the street, cool rock chic, and her beautiful smile. Wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Cool.
Clean.
Simple.
Elegant.
Modern.
Totally now.
Inspires me to be me in my own way !

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Rock & roll chic. I absolutely love her leather jacket paired with the skinny jeans.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Sart, just wanted to say it was nice meeting you at the New York Fashion Week.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I assume you mean impossibly cool, impossibly chic, etc, etc!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Classic. This look may enjoy little variations here and there over the years but it never goes out of style.

The perfect rainy day gear.

That is, if someone hasn't set up a rubber boots concession 'round the corner.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

My, she does look wonderful.

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (3:34 PM) : 

her outfit reminds me of chrissie hynde (pretenders)
like it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Just to add my voice to the chorus: I love it!

 

Blogger Eira said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Really wonderful, and the amazing leather jacket and the high heels really just finishes of the look and makes it even cooler. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Very Milanian!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Ditto, great look! Does anyone know who makes her jacket?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

Rock on, Emmanuel!

 

Blogger Paula said ... (5:44 PM) : 

She's got Vogue Paris written all over her. I love to see her actually wearing the magazine's style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 PM) : 

this feels very done, over. hasn't ashlee simpson been dressing like this for at least a year now? Alt may be the original, but the look is stale.

 

Blogger kate said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Since everyone is throwing out musicians, my first thought was Francoise Hardy. :)

I love all the straight lines in this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 PM) : 

like an androgynous rockstar. love the jacket!

 

Blogger coo d'etat said ... (9:20 PM) : 

more than her (gorgeous) i love this shot.

i love the zebra crossing stripes, the stairs, the rain, the european streets and the fact that she's walking confidently amidst all of it.

gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

What a hot look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 PM) : 

for sure, Emanuelle Alt looks great on it but, if it wasn t for her, would there be so many 'bravos' in the comments? I like the anonymous person saying ' i don t know who she is and i find her dressed ordinarily'... honestly, I m not sure that i would turn my head back if I see someone I dont know dresses like that in the street...
I personally think what makes her look so great is 90% her 'so cool' attitude & the way the picture is taken and only 10% the clothes...

 

Blogger le rakun said ... (10:21 PM) : 

well, michael... you're faster than i am... it's cee-cee ramone for me, tho.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

She is one of my two favorites, among your subjects. She has "perfect pitch," so to speak. But that is such a great picture! The sleek pavement, control of the depth of field, composition--Wow!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

i imagine this is what the ramones clothes looked when they were new, bfore 20 people had worn them, bfore they wound up with the ramones. it's fantastic!
rock n' roll can be elegant after all!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

Now I'm wishing I had kept my biker jacket! Funny, I don't recall it ever looking this good!

 

Blogger Misterparticular said ... (11:06 PM) : 

toe, heel, toe, heel. She looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 AM) : 

There are scores of girls who dress like this here in Paris. Chic and cool but unexceptional when seen on so many. Sorry Mme Alt.

 

Blogger SEVERINO said ... (4:28 AM) : 

I'm so jealous, I've been looking for the perfect leather "Perfecto" for years but those are sooo expensive!

 

Blogger Nor said ... (7:12 AM) : 

Who made those shoes?!?!

Adore.

:)

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (7:33 AM) : 

Cool, chic and beautiful, love her look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Does anyone know who makes her fab jacket?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 AM) : 

I was wondering why Mrs. Emmanuel Alt is characterized as 'impossible'? Thanks ...

 

Blogger riz said ... (9:08 AM) : 

ok, nice to see we can still wear skinny jeans and not get the smack down...i really don't think they are "out" i don't believe in trends...

 

Blogger marie said ... (10:53 AM) : 

I love her pants and striped shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

i think that is a Balenciaga jacket from Fall 07.

Just a comment - one of the wonderful aspects of this blog is the variation in reactions to different looks. I love, love, love Ms. Alt's look, it is so not-trying-too-hard yet cool. On the other hand, the previous photo of the woman in red actually made me feel ill.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

is it a rick owens jacket???

 

Blogger X said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I'm in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

"Anonymous said...
Don´t know who she,but she looks and dresses quite ordinarily.Am I missing something?

12:55 PM" sorry, but yes you are. This is perhaps the coolest person I've seen on this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

...and not a "milanian" or Milanese look at all. Really more of a Paris-New York or French/American look. Perfectly cool, understated, everything fitting perfectly. You notice her, not her clothes.

 

Blogger coo d'etat said ... (6:14 PM) : 

oops there was no zebra crossing in this pic...i was confusing it with another one of yours i have saved as my desktop photo.

silly me.

i still love the photo though :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

So last season skinny. Not bad the jacket.
Ordinary outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

shes perfect

 

Blogger Carol Diehl said ... (7:47 AM) : 

I don't care who it's on and how many times it's been seen--it's more sexy and feminine than all the floofy dresses put together--the look to aspire to.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger la femme said ... (11:47 AM) : 

striking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Sart, did you see this in Cathy Horyn's Sep 28 blog? Cool.

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/28/from-sex-to-schmaltz/#more-132

At Versace, which was last night, I saw Emmanuel Alt from Paris Vogue. It was our first chance to speak all week. I told her Scott Schuman had done a nice picture of her on his blog The Sartorialist, and that he had called her “the impossible Emmanuel Alt.”

“What does ‘impossible’ mean?” she asked.

“It means hard to beat,” I said.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Isn't that the girl from latest number of vogue.. :) lucky her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

hey - some of us look better in skinny jeans, so wear on...altho she probably looks good in just about anything!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting