This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street..Swedish Navy, Ostermalm Stockholm

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

On The Street..Swedish Navy, Ostermalm Stockholm

Comments on "On The Street..Swedish Navy, Ostermalm Stockholm"

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Kinda fetching. The socks are the point, though, no?

 

Blogger Habitually Chic said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Is there a reason behind why some men where red socks?

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (11:02 AM) : 

My STARS!

When the page came up, the screen showed only the masthead and about 5/6 of the photo--the man's lower shins/ankles/feet were cut off. I was already in love with him, despite that lack of information, but then I scrolled down for the full effect, and I was richly rewarded . . .

Red socks!

Hooray!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Love the red socks peeking out from under those gorgeous pants!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I love the read socks with the suit. He looks so sharp.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Oh, how I love the red socks! So delightful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

i love the red socks, they just make the entire outfit in my eyes, so refreshing to see after a summer of men wearing suits and shoes without the socks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

This IS the same guy with the same outfint back in May right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Ohgod... To the lovely, lovely man in the photo: would you marry me, please?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

He's cute, and I'm all for fitted jackets on guys, for sure, but I'm just not getting this one button buttoned across the front of a too-small jacket thing that's been going on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Oh what a hunk! I love him and his outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

That does look like the same guy you shot in May... Still cool though.

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Habitually Chic - I'm going to go with "looking good" as an answer. I take it you don't like red socks. I have to agree with the other commenters - the red socks make this look. The pant hits just right and that splash of colour is excellent.

As for the fit of the jacket, I'm not sure. I think it is the right size, not too small at all, but the way he is standing stretches it across him. And I don't have a problem with the one button, but I'm pretty gauche when it comes to these things.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Since I know this guy I can tell you that it is the same guy you saw in May!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Saw a comment that the jacket is too fitted. My opinion? Not in the least. Great fit. He looks comfortably sleek. I think we Americans are, sadly, used to the potato sack look. It's as if we are expected to grow into our suits as we get older. Well, that may be the case, but there's no reason to collectively flaunt our growing girth. A baggy jacket will make even a slim fellow fat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

YEAH-he sure looks swedish,expect for the red socks.I´ve seen the red ones before on your blog from Sweden.I hope he is not the same one and sure wish he has washed them in between. The shoes look a bit old-fashioned.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Django Reinhardt wore red socks, much to Stephane Grappelly's overly finicky chagrin. Denmark has some very fine jazz guitarists in that Hot Club style. ca. 1930-50. Very good, both the music and the clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

I know I should talk about his style but, blimey, this man looks gorgeous, and that's all there is to it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

Anonymous 11:42 AM:

Sart makes them do this, I'm pretty sure. He thinks it looks good. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Definitely worth a second look. That's not actually a suit, and the pants length is just a bit unexpected (maybe half an inch short) in the same way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

gorgeous!!! my favorite part of course are the RED socks!!!! really really super forward!!! men should be more open like that...

 

Blogger David said ... (1:39 PM) : 

He looks more grown up now than he did in May. Is it the hair? The cut of the suit? Interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

a knit tie w/ its tail hanging out, no??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

why can't the average nyc man dress like this?
So well cut and sleet looking.
Maybe its just downtown new york men that live in jackets that are too big in the shoulders and clown pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

The red socks are some sort of secret signal I am still trying to decode.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

hot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

This man reminds me of another photo you took in Sweden for GQ (I believe) of someone in a navy pinstripe, three piece suit. You can see the similarity in that artfully skewed tie knot. Oh yes and also: hooray for RED SOCKS!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Red socks peeking under the pants...truly the Louboutin sole for a man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

love his socks!

 

Blogger Victor Castro said ... (3:15 PM) : 

i can't recall in what magazine it was, but this restaurant manager from a high end hotel chain made a negative comment about wearing bright socks... oh, so i wish he can see this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Coloured socks aren't my cup of tea, but I like this fellow's look. Very tailored.

Here's a question that I've been pondering: when one wears a modern, shorter two-button jacket (where the higher button is right at the bottom of one's sternum), how long should the tie be?

I like a slightly cropped jacket, but the tie peeking out kind of irks me.

Thoughts?

-Andrew

 

Blogger sophistagoth said ... (4:26 PM) : 

I must say that I do admire this chap's attire, and although I myself would not wear red socks, he seems to pull it off with much flare. I too am so pleased to see a man actually wearing socks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

i wish i could look good like this with a suit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

SOCKS !!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Ok, seriously is everyone in Stockholm this stylish? Everyone in every post from there looks so effortlessly cool. I'm jealous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

I almost feel like I should have a problem with his socks. But because he is so impeccably dressed and so well groomed, the socks only add to his character. I think this photograph really illustrates how a good outfit can turn something that would otherwise be considered poor taste into something that allows an individual's personality shine through.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

where do these fashion plates exist?! why do i not see them?

i think i need to start looking harder.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:26 PM) : 

The red socks is the hint.. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

red socks are way cool. just bought some from vknagrani.com. read about them in GQ awhile back, but I don't know how to carry off the higher hem.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 PM) : 

i really love this picture and the guy doesn't hurt either :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

where are all of these pefectly cut skinny pants???!!??
i see them in photos every where, but i never see them in stores.
it's a big problem for me, since i refuse to where curtains on my legs. i have a good tailor, even, but that can get pricey.

anyway, oyur man is awful sharp!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 PM) : 

p.s.

hooray for RED SOX (of boston)

and this guys red socks too.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (12:43 AM) : 

ok, this is sexy. my kind of sexy.

confidence sits well on a man. that should be the lesson of this outfit. just putting on red socks will not solve it for most. . .

are we not acknowledging the navy/charcoal combo?

this is an incredibly intricate look, on a well agreed upon "hunk".

-L

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 AM) : 

Red socks under a suit like this is sooo sexy...anyone seen the coca cola commercial with the hot guy dancning? he also has the red socks and it makes all the difference!

 

Blogger kinablu said ... (5:57 AM) : 

really love the red socks??? I find them unsuitable and unconvenient

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 AM) : 

Peek a boo, I see you. The red socks are simply slamming!

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (9:13 AM) : 

prince william-ish :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

yes landis, i think it's amazing how he variegates from shades of navy to grey to black. although i can't tell for sure on my monitor, it looks like his shirt might be white-collared with the subtlest blue tint to the body. if so, all the better.

 

Blogger chalkboards said ... (3:13 PM) : 

I think the red socks look great. I'm so tired of people wearing boring sox with their dull suits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

This guys works (or owns) a great clothing store in Stockholm selling fantastic italian clothes, most probably what he is wearing. You should visit it if you're ever in Stockholm. The name of the store is Gabucci and it's on Smålandsgatan 2, close to the Royal Dramatical Theater.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Question and a comment...

I like the look of the red socks, but what are some general guidelines on when it be okay to wear them? (I know this is about style and there are no hard/fast rules).

Also, an observation, his trousers seem to sit high, seems like a good look for him. I know this was the topic of a recent posting. I would agree, his trousers seem to be a bit short, but with red socks, he can pull it off. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

I cannot think unsexy thoughts about this fellow.

Aren't there any less than gorgeous people in Stockholm?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

love him.

 

Blogger m said ... (7:17 PM) : 

All good. VERY good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

I think red socks are sometimes associated with old etonians? I would avoid wearing them for this reason, haha. Probably not in this case though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

As someone already stated, he works at Gabucci in Stockholm. He probably wears a Raffaele Caruso suit along with a shirt from Borelli, our maybe the housebrand. But the socks... That´s a mystery...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting