This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Lino in GQ plus Out-Take

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, July 30, 2007

Lino in GQ plus Out-Take

This is one of my all-time favorite shots of Lino.
It appeared in July GQ but I wanted to make sure it had a home here also.
To me it is the very essence of Milanese style.


I loved this shot but I guess the page just isn't big enough for two Lini (the plural of Lino)

Comments on "Lino in GQ plus Out-Take"

 

Blogger chalkboards said ... (10:37 AM) : 

I don't know if anyone has recently seen the new Dos sequis commercials, but this guy reminds me of that guy. He brings cool to a new level.

 

Blogger Good Will Rabbit said ... (11:05 AM) : 

I love these photos the first time I saw them on July's GQ.

 

Blogger Good Will Rabbit said ... (11:05 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Love what he's wearing, but his hair is dangerously close to Trump combover territory! Hopefully this man is too stylish to let that happen.

 

Blogger jkh said ... (11:25 AM) : 

looks like people are smoking again.

honestly, scott, don't you get the weird the feeling that the cigarette is massively coming back as fashion accessory?

 

Blogger Podein said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Sart:

What kind of bracelets is he wearing?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Is that second shot a light blue blazer, navy blue pants and brown suede loafers?

Killer! Absolutely killer.

And if that's how all men in Milan dress then excuse me while I visit my travel agent.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

It appears that he is on a crusade to bring back the double breasted jacket. It shows that if you wear something well tailored and with confidence it can work. It also helps that he is fit and trim.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Great photos! He is certainly an interesting looking gentleman. It is curious to me that he leaves unbuttoned both his DB suit jacket and shirt cuffs! The hair is much too long though, I agree.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

This guy sure does love his Audemars Piguet watches too. Thats the second one he's been photographed with

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

I love this gentleman's style: he is carries the open double brested jacket so well--I wonder if his are tailored in a slightly different manner to accomodate this. Also, he seems to be wearing both a wristwatch and a watch chain--does anyone have any thoughts on this?

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (3:44 PM) : 

nice shots.
I like the first pic with the blurry background.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

He'd be a lot cooler without all those tobacco-induced wrinkles. ATL.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Famous pics - but most of all: wonderful site.
Yours sincerelly
Erdge Schoss

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Why do people make such a big deal about people smoking? People smoke, it's a fact! Deal with it.

I don't smoke! Never have, never will. But I do not think it is my place to tell others how to think or act and I am not going to criticize someone else for how they choose to live their life.

And this is not directed at someone particular in this thread, simply a response to an overall theme and the fact people are going back and removing cigarettes/smoking from pictures and movies. LAME. So do not write back to me, I am not going to read it. Like I said, I do not smoke and do not like to be around smokers. But I am not overly sensitive and if someone wants to do something to and with themselves, more power to you. That is the beauty of life.

And Lino is a hero, a purely confident man who looks beautiful is every picture I see.

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (4:48 PM) : 

he looks quite smashing in photo #1!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Love the 2 1/2" pants cuff rather than the 1 1/2"

great shot Sart

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Unbuttoned cuffs? What's with that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

It appears that doth protest too much, non-smoker. For someone who wants people to live and let live, you seem awfully adament about making sure people conform to your opinion.


Anyhow, I'm new to this site so I'm not sure what the story is with Lino, but I obviously need more training because I'm not sure of the appeal. However, it is also clear that I need to spend more time in Milan.

 

Blogger SartoriallyAddicted said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Lino is always stylin'!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 AM) : 

Love the fact that he does not button the shirt sleeve cuffs - it just adds to his style...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 AM) : 

Simply wonderful...and very nice shots

www.kissaki.splinder.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 AM) : 

Great if it weren't for the Trumpy hair and the cigarette. I see a cigarette and I think "bad breath." Not attractive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Lino rocks!

 

Blogger franki durbin said ... (3:41 PM) : 

oh I just love lino. what a card. this image (and baby blue jacket) says it all...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

One of the few times I have seen DB look good unbuttoned. He is able to carry it off with his natural style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 AM) : 

HELP:

One Q however: In the first pic what kind of tie knot is this? I like the volume combined with the asymmetry!!

Undoubtedly a stylista. When I went to Al Bazar I noticed he always wears a smirk, which in my opinion completes his style (as you can totally tell he knows what he is doing)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting