This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Some Guys...

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, June 22, 2007

Some Guys...

..always have the knack for finding the best accessories
Sorry, I never thought an ankle bracelet could look so cool with a suit! I also think the ankle bracelet is a perfect way to f*up a pair of wingtips in a good way
this is the same guy that had the bandanna as a pocket square last summer.

Comments on "Some Guys..."

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (8:41 AM) : 

at 1st glance, i though he had on the old-lady nude knee-highs rolled down to his ankles...thank god he didn't!!
not sure if i like the anklet though...

 

Blogger theovereducatedvalet said ... (8:44 AM) : 

I'm surprised, but I actually like it too. His whole ensemble is pretty terrific - great muted colors, interesting but traditional shoes and with an overall relaxed feel because he's sockless.

 

Blogger Berkelycole said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Okay it is a little affected, but in general this guy looks great...Scott you surprise me sometimes with your conservatism...sartorial flair in my mind is always off the beaten path a bit...live and let live even with candy bracelets...f***ed up wing tip seems a little harsh

 

Blogger Paulo A. Pereira said ... (8:51 AM) : 

Wow, now he's got great fashion sense! There is a kind of confidence/arrogance that surronds him, which is a good thing. Because this allows him to take some risks with his wardrobe and not give a damn what anyone else thinks. Bravo.

-Paulo

 

Blogger Marilia said ... (9:08 AM) : 

wow!
how come no one ever thought it could look sooo charming and cool??
luv it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Great look. I would never wear white shoes, but seeing those makes me rethink it.

Cycling-related aside: He appears to have shaved legs with slight sock tan - maybe a cyclist? An Italian cyclist? There must be a lot of them in Italy b/c it's a popular sport - but it seems like every human in Italy smokes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Wow. I love the cool nonchalance of his look. So great.

 

Blogger lucia martinez said ... (9:31 AM) : 

oh my. I'm not crazy about the skin color, but that trouser length, with those wingtips...that's really great. thom browne aside, it reminds me of that GQ shot of Orlando Bloom with the high-cuffed white corduroys and saddle shoes.

his accessory was neon socks, though, instead of an anklet.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Oh, he's very cool! Reminds me of a bit more weathered Daniel Craig.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

favorite post and favorite man (first one)
talk about being able to pull that off with some serious style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

hello, just to say a little thought there,

it isn't maybe very classy to say f*up on a blog which is (a classy) reference internationnally ..


aren't you judging someone who didn't ask to be? who knows, it's maybe his 'porte-bonheur' ..




anonymous young person from france who enjoys your blog

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (10:18 AM) : 

I think this would only work for guys with shaven legs as his apparently are. I love his choice of colours

 

Blogger Opulent CerriLynn said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Sometimes, I think you have a bit "tropo vino sulla menta", I must say,I don't get it. Do you not encompass personal style? I know, I know...With a personal flair. Is this not? I must say that this post is a major contradiction.

 

Blogger Brett Svatek said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Looks like a bit of an eccentric cyclist (note the shaved legs), or possibly he spends his evenings in drag as a 16 year old tourist from the USA, which would explain the ankle bracelet. At first glance, I thought the wing tips were white bucks...paired with the rest of the ensemble would be nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

It's great how you can find the same people and shoot them at different times. It brings a more anthropological aspect to your work, and offers more of a personal perspective (from both you and the subject) than a random snapshot does. I find this evolution really interesting because now you can truly touch upon the notion of "personal style" instead of snapping "today's flavor".

cheers,
--haapi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Those are awesome shoes. Do you think he shaves his legs? They look very smooth.

 

Blogger JO said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I love this look -he looks like he is dressed up on an island. I liek the banadana in his pocket as well :-)

 

Blogger Ashe said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I have to admit, I'm rather confused by the language you use about the ankle bracelet-- are you or aren't you a fan? I rather think it kind of works.

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (11:20 AM) : 

NICE! This is what style is ALL about.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

oh i always love an ankle bracelet for summer time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

he's hot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I love this guy. Talk about natural style. The ankle bracelet really is great. Not everyone could carry this off by any means, but has "it".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

This is a guy to write a novel about - you wonder where he's been, what he does. The dark tan, ankle beads, color combo add up to great style. I love people who just do whatever they want and it comes out so right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I don't think an ankle bracelet looks good with anything Sart, sorry! Even Russian hookers think they're naff.

He looks great apart from that and I loved his pocket square last year.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (12:14 PM) : 

This whole look is fab. Love the wingtips, white buttons, pocket square, socklessness, tan, and cuffed trous. At first I wasn't sure about an anklette on a man, but the fact that it's sort of "private"--hidden unless he sits down--makes it beguiling.

It's interesting how we (well, at least I) still hesitate a little when men decorate themselves in a way traditionally associated (in our culture) with women.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

AWESOME!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Love the pocket square matching the shoes matching the buttons. Really makes the whole thing coherent. Matchy, but not overtly matchy.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (12:36 PM) : 

This is totally wonderful, particularly the shoes, which are epic, and the ankle-bracelet choice, which reveals Deep Understanding.

 

Blogger OBT said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Perfect combination of classy yet refined cool. Love the color combinations and the sockless look. Socks are so overrated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

some guys have all the style. so classic yet truly original. what a great look. love the bandana.

 

Blogger will anderson said ... (12:43 PM) : 

thanks for posting these. i like this guys sense of appropriate. i dont think i would try an "anklet" but i'm glad he did. it looks right. and i really like the bandana in the pocket. well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

this man is so attractive. I can't believe it. He's actually pulling off an ankle bracelet!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

I dig both of his looks. I use a bandana for a pocket square when I wear my searsucker jacket with jeans and white Chuck Taylor's.

 

Blogger .......... said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Yummy shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

To those people who thought Sart's comment of the ankle bracelet was a criticism:

I read his post as a compliment. I think he meant "the perfect way to f*up a pair of wingtips" is genius in the way it transforms something conventional with just a little touch.

And I agree, I just love it!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (4:46 PM) : 

I meant the ankle bracelet "f*ups" the wingtips in a good way.

it was a compliment

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Best.Sockless.EVER.

I love how cheeky his style is.

 

Blogger Berkelycole said ... (5:40 PM) : 

thanks for the clarification...I just was not quite sure how you could fault this guy...f*ups was a little lost on me...I took as a negative slam...as to my earlier comment about "conservatism"...it stems from your short pants knee sock rant months ago...but I now stand corrected...keep snapping the photos...!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

REFRESHING.

He looks so young with this anklet and perfectly tanned legs. He's got a flair and shows it dauntlessly.

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (6:32 PM) : 

A Man with NO Socks
&
An Indie Anklet Chain
Phewwwww
Gigolo Chic!!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (7:20 PM) : 

I feel like I want to believe his lover placed it playfully around his ankle that day and he had the style to allow this human touch, this whimsy.

I was confused about the f* but maybe this is art director lingo for streetify and relax something otherwise stiff or plastic? I hope so! I am going to use it ASAP!

 

Blogger LUX said ... (7:46 PM) : 

This man has *IT*.

I'm feeling the deep tan...you know he spends lots of time outside doing something fun.

Also...the ankle bracelet looks like something his daughter might have made him...cool to the 9th degree!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 PM) : 

bandana pocker square: sure, anklet: no

 

Blogger Paul Whang said ... (9:47 PM) : 

personally i think he got a little too excited with that anklet; i think the better accessory is that tiny bit of light blue on the wrist. other than the anklet i think this guy is really on point.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (11:12 PM) : 

I think the ankle bracelet looks great on him. It reminds me of Ed Bradley from CBS and his ear ring. Sometimes, it's good to be different.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 AM) : 

Interesting how Sart's use of f* up didn't translate as positive to many people. This is a case where slang doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. The point was that the man's unusual juxtapositions give him an edge. Definitely a positive. Sometimes f*ing up a traditional look is exactly what you want to do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

I love the love-beads! So playful (where a gold anklet would definetly not be...).

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 AM) : 

Men of his age in Australia are invariably non-sexy, but this guy has it in spades:style, confidence and a touch of whimsy. Let me at 'im.

 

Blogger zilch said ... (9:36 AM) : 

This (bottom half) look would look equally good on a lady don't you think?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I too thought Sart's comment was a criticism. I love the anklet especially since it's hidden until he sits down. It would look perfect with white bucks but silly with a dressier shoe.

 

Blogger Lily Ko said ... (10:14 AM) : 

amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Sorry. The ankle braclet on a dude is way too 'Bourdain' for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 PM) : 

The shoes are nice and in this case-when the legs are obviously shaved, it´s okay without socks.I think the band around the ankle is too much-it somehow hints too feminine.He is in good flesh and really looks Italian and his face reveals his age and there is nothing wrong about that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

It think a small anklet like this is sexy on both a guy and a girl. As long as they're tan though. It's a very summery look, like he just ame from an island.

 

Blogger christinaooi said ... (4:34 PM) : 

beautiful!

...plus he has nice ankles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

How on earth do you remember each and every person you meet? May I ask how you label your pictures privately - by their full names perhaps? Or, do you really remember them by their clothes?! I'm fascinated by that part!

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (11:35 PM) : 

I love those white shoes..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 AM) : 

This man is comfortable in his skin and doesn't give a hoot what anyone thinks about it.

 

Blogger D said ... (7:17 PM) : 

I wish I could leave my fear of skin cancer long enough to get that tan...

 

Blogger matty said ... (1:09 AM) : 

so glad to catch that bandana square the second time around. brilliant!

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (7:47 AM) : 

Nooooooooooo! What next, an ankle chain? I applaud trying new stuff but this is not looking good - imagine just how much more stylish he would look without it. On the other hand a leather knit rope would be perfect on a man's ankle on the beach or with flip flops on holidays.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Does anyone have some info on the shoes?? please..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

I know I'm gonna get shouted down here, but men in leather shoes with no socks just says foot odor to me. Not a sexy prospect, if you know what I mean.

 

Blogger Dominiqui S. said ... (10:27 PM) : 

This guy's anklet and bandanna square are so stylish and unexpected it's fabulous.

Love it!

 

Blogger kalayl said ... (12:14 PM) : 

I loved the bandana thing so much I added one in white to my outfit today - white double-cuff shirt with a black skinny tie under a black single-breasted two-piece suit.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting