This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

A New Muse, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, June 25, 2007

A New Muse, Milan


Comments on "A New Muse, Milan"

 

Blogger grant said ... (2:26 AM) : 

nice.

 

Blogger Pindar said ... (2:51 AM) : 

Beautiful dresses, great use of the shoes, and, if I may be so base, very nice legs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 AM) : 

Thankyou for finally including a young girl with legs that don't resemble twigs! She looks beautiful, what a great skin colour.

 

Blogger kevin said ... (3:55 AM) : 

I know that dark smashing girl. She´s Emine from Café Magazine, the largest men´s fashion mag in Sweden. Love her.

 

Blogger kevin said ... (3:56 AM) : 

that´s Emine from Café Mag, Sweden.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (4:58 AM) : 

Emine is truly gorgeous with a killer body and a great sense of personal style.

 

Blogger Combat Sound said ... (6:48 AM) : 

Go Sweden!

 

Blogger www.onlinejenny.com said ... (7:13 AM) : 

They look good individually and together! So coordinated. :o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 AM) : 

O.K. I hope your friends at Vogue see this and get inspiration for their next shape issue. They always feature women in who or either a size zero or size twelve. And that is supposed to represent the diversity of size of women in fashion...uhh yeah...so wrong. What about girls like me who are like a six? PS: These are so stunning and I'm so aMUSEd!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:23 AM) : 

those shoes are amazing! and the girl is very cute!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Very beautiful dresses! All of them!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Love the second dress she's wearing, with the spots!
But what's with the matching Miu Miu bags?

 

Blogger Mysterious Creature said ... (9:05 AM) : 

I am not a big fan of ankle strap sandals. They make legs look much shorter and, in this case,look to heavy on the girl in combination with this dress. I do, however, love the dress itself. Watercolor print is amazing: very light and colorful. Beautiful girl, beautiful dress, wrong shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

They work for "King Magazine" in Sweden, right? very cute, both of them :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I would never think to wear those shoes with these two dresses, but she pulls them off so well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

i'm quite fond of the messy/curly hair both women are sporting in the second picture. its a great, carefree look for summer.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:37 AM) : 

She has that'80s look DOWN. I love those sandals, and I hope she wears them all summer! Great dresses.

 

Blogger glamour girly said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Love the black & white striped dress! Adorable. I am still questioning the shoes, but they work on her.

 

Blogger Tiffany said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Beautiful woman.
I love those sandals!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Love the "New Muse" great shoes, and body type, not wafer thin! I could look at pics of her all day! Her pose as well as facial expression looks like she'd be a great conversation as well. I said all that to say she's my new "Dream Girl"!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Looove the shirtdress, the flourescent pink manicure, and her awesome legs!

 

Blogger G said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Hoorah for us girls with big legs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Those two chics look effortlessly breezy and cute in their printed dresses. With such prints, an oversized hobo or clutch would be the perfect accessory. Love this summer-inspired yet glam enough look.

 

Blogger Rob Moore said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Whoa - she looks like she walked out of a painting in the Uffizi and got dressed to blend in with the locals.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

On the top photo: I love seeing a woman with a little meat on her legs. She looks healthy! Many of the women on your blog have stick-like legs that they dieted to have, and for me it spoils their otherwise excellent looks (if my legs were as thin as some, I certainly wouldn't show them off in a miniskirt!).

Excellent.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:22 PM) : 

I really don't care for the Gladiator-esque, lace-up sandals. It makes her look a bit stumpy.The dress is so feminine and fresh though. It screams summer coquette!Really compliments her beautiful legs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Thats Pamela Bellafesta and Emine Sander I believe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

My God. I love it! The last three posts showing real women. Incredibly sexy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Where are these gorgeus dresses from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

sart, you get me every time!!

i have a body shape very similar to hers and legs of about the same shape and size. i want to show off in summer's short hemlines, but i feel bad because i dont have the same twiggy legs of every other twenty something woman of new york. but these pictures have given me confidence!! im gonna go out and buy a new dress after work today.

thanks!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

they are both swedish :) the brunette is emine sander and the blonde is pamella bellafesta

 

Blogger Ryfka said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Nice summery picture and great bags but I think those black shoes are a mistake.

 

Blogger Fernanda & Marcelo said ... (1:46 PM) : 

I love it that you chose a woman of real proportions as your muse!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Love love love the first one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I love that she's getting wear out of those shoes, that she's gorgeous, and that she's showing her legs without being a skinny-minny beanpole.
A most excellent muse, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Isn´t she from Sweden?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

pamela å emina sander from sweden. hehe cool!

 

Blogger JO said ... (3:28 PM) : 

I am sorry but I just cannot stand those black shoes! They are horrible! :P

 

Blogger JO said ... (6:00 PM) : 

LOVE the dotted dress though! Very cute! Fresh!

 

Blogger Immaterial Girl said ... (6:05 PM) : 

Love the natural textured hair. Life is so much better when you don't have to be a slave to the straightening iron.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

I've got muscular legs and I love that she is a normal size woman who looks absolutely smashing in a mini. So glad to see that she's not carrying an oversize handbag either! More please!

 

Blogger Marnee said ... (7:23 PM) : 

Who cares about the dress? Look at those legs -- great. Really, they are the best accessory.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

i love black+white stripes.

 

Blogger matt williams said ... (7:48 PM) : 

I think we can all agree that this is a nice looking woman period. All the crap about "real woman" is just that crap.

A size 0 or 2 model is a real woman unless she is transgendrerd. I hate when those of us with a few extra pounds make fun of those who are very thin.

Beauty is realative, and in some cultures being very thin is not attractive. Imagine how very thin women in those types of societies feel about their weight.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Amen. Less twigs, more real women. Great dresses for summer.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:19 PM) : 

What's up wit the shoes.. they're unexpected.. ;)

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:22 PM) : 

We have the same body type (New muse girl), and I wish I could wear those kinds of outfit here in the Philippines.. but I couldn't because I'd get a lot of nasty stares..

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (10:04 PM) : 

self assured beauty. love it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:07 PM) : 

Love the dresses, but I'm kind of disgusted with the way everyone feels like they have to comment on the women's size. Isn't it a bit condescending? And "real women".. as if women with a naturally slender shape have something wrong with them. Can't we just let it go and focus on the gorgeous clothes...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

the hair, the legs, and the dress! my oh my, if only we could all be that sexy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

i forgot the shoes. they're incredible!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 PM) : 

Lovely woman, showing lovely legs that aren't skinny. And wearing the same shoes!
A worthy muse, indeed! I don't even love the dresses; I just love how comfortable she looks in her skin. And I love how many of the comments reflect the same appreciation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

I agree with jo (3:28) and I disagree with jo (6:00). Curly hair is always stylin' though.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 AM) : 

LOVEly!! i guess we all want what we don't have, right? i have the skinny long legs that some commenters think are the only type that can wear sandals such as these. but i think such sandals look silly on me - in fact i hate my chicken legs, which make my feet look even more boat-like! and i think this woman's curvy, sexy legs are even further enhanced with these sandals. i am oozing jealousy. besides which, those sandals are just DAMN cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 AM) : 

oh and i have to agree (i just posted the comment about my skinny legs) that i get irritated with all the "finally a real woman" comments too. i'm a real woman too. my legs are naturally skinny - i'm an apple shape. i sometimes WISH they would gain curves but there's nothing i can do about it. i should just be happy as i am, right?

so we should be supportive/celebrative of ALL body types, skinny, curvy, athletic, and all combinations thereof. nothing looks better than a woman comfortable in her own skin, whatever shape her skin may have taken.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 AM) : 

Can it be? Somebody with similar legs to my own displaying her own sense of style with such confidence and insouciance? I've been hiding my stocky calves in trousers for far too long now. The shots of these two women are colourful and inspiring, style-wise and otherwise.

[/OPRAH MOMENT]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Visiting this site, I often realize that what make these people look so good, or even beautiful, is not their fabulous outfit or pretty face but rather their attitude or atmosphere from the posture. mostly confidence?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I wish I would own that black MiuMiu bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

who designed those sandals? does anybody know?

 

Blogger G said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Hola All,

It's obvious why there are rapturous comments when we see a photo of someone who is 'bigger'.

It is not a common occurence in the fashion world as it exists now to see women over a certain size displayed as desirable, chic, fashionable.

When our wonderful Sartorialist makes a post like this one, it is against the fashion norm, and it's refreshing, inspiring and roof-raising. So give us a break if some of us rapturize over our older, shorter, or more voluptuous and otherwise different from the Vogue norm sisters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

I'm not wild about outfit #1, although I can appreciate a wink and a nod to the 80's as the next person. However, I love the styling in #2. Wouldn't be complete without her hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

love that you finally showed a younger girl without toothpick legs! she looks fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 AM) : 

Does anyone know where Emines dress is from?? Its amazing!! And i have to agree with almost everyone before me, so refreshing with a girl whos NOT stick thin...yippie! Brings hope to those of us who just had a baby too..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

The girl with black hair is Emine Sander from Sweden. She's the hottest girl in Scandinavia!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

acne shoes, but not spring 2007.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

The shoes/sandals you are talking about are Acne!
www.acnejeans.com

 

Blogger Cracked Country said ... (5:00 PM) : 

Ok, just thought I'd put my "two bits" in on the "real woman" issue.

One of my most revelatory observations (for me, at least), and something you get from people-watching especially, is how varied the human body can actually be. There are just so many shapes out there, so many different kinds of legs, arms, waists, etc.

It's sad that people try to divide the female form into two very lame, and not all that descriptive, categories: "skinny" and "not skinny". Yeah, but what about, I don't know, "bowling-pinned shaped with thin legs, large chest, and scooped neck", etc. etc.? You don't have to take geometry to realize that all shapes are REAL.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:36 PM) : 

I love this photo, and these dresses are so pretty. I particularly like the black.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Love the pics! I can't get enough of black and white dresses, always classic and cool. yesterday i bought a black and white 'trapeze' style dress at bluefly, i can't wait to get it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

The skirt length cuts her at a part of her leg that doesn't do the most for her. 2-3 inches lower would make for a nicer line.

Not a size issue, a line issue.

She's gorgeous though. Radiates a natural ease that's very sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

oh my, the brunette is GORGEOUS!!!

Here I´ve been thinking that you only recognize fab style if the person wearing the clothes and accesories is model-skinny. Finally you prooved me wrong, and with an amazingly beautiful women with just az amazing style!!!

you made my day!!

 

Blogger kristin said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Emine gives me hope--I have a similar body type...great to see her working it so freely and being respected! I love Europe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

aweful clothes, fabulous hair

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 AM) : 

Wow. The Emine Sander is gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

Emine=Just WOW!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting