This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Fabrizio in Detail, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, June 29, 2007

Fabrizio in Detail, Milano




Comments on "Fabrizio in Detail, Milano"

 

Blogger Diana said ... (3:00 AM) : 

looking at this picture, i am sure now that this level of sence of style is a heaven-sent ability. Or do you think, a normal human being would have this great idea to twist the sportshoe-string around the ankle? I find also the combo of the two shirts amazing. Actually the most "ordinary" item on this photo are the pants! Thanks for this shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 AM) : 

- yes

- yes

- yes

- NO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 AM) : 

All I can say is WOW! This guy has really in every sense got the right twist! He just knows how to kick Fashion!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 AM) : 

EXCELLENT!
but damn, he pushed it too far with those laces...he was almost perfection.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (3:54 AM) : 

I love the entire look -- it's very editorial like a page out of a fashion magazine. It is very polished and very well thought out.

But is it practical? I mean, does it take him an hour to get ready to go out?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 AM) : 

not feeling the shoe laces. i used to do that when i was little. if they are too long - snip and tuck.

outfit looks good. the details do keep it from being an otherwise plain outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 AM) : 

Funny, this is just the opposite of your Carlo Montanero picture. That is clearly a man who becomes one with his clothes as opposed to this guy, who merely stages his clothes. I know which one I'd like to have dinner with!!
haapi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

It is an immaculate look and he carries it off marvellously, but there isn't even a breath of spontaneity about it which is a shame.
Also, I am really not sure about the laces tied around the ankles. It just feels like he is over egging the pudding...what's wrong with a tidy bow?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 AM) : 

wow... i have seen quite a few shots of him on this site and he always looks amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 AM) : 

The shoelaces! The little knot on the belt! The fabric of the shirt! I adoooore it! Perfect and interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 AM) : 

I like this look, especially the shorts.

It's one of the first time I've seen shorts striking the right balance: Too casual and they look sloppy. Too smart ("City Shorts") and the wearer looks like an overgrown boy scout, or the "slow" boy who was kept back a few years at school.

I really don't like the laces around the ankle though. Reminds me of my daughter going to ballet lessons.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 AM) : 

Not sure about this outfit. Least of all the laces around the ankles thing!

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (5:31 AM) : 

this is fantastic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 AM) : 

Terrific look with the exception of the sneakers...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 AM) : 

No, please. This one is such a "gagà"...too much details for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 AM) : 

Love it; youthful and casual, yet suave. Can tell he’s Italian by the singlet – to protect from the “colpo d'aria”.

As a foreigner living and working in Rome the contrast with Milan street wear is striking. Milan seems more sophisticated. Rome, on average, seems more flash and show.

Thanks for your passion Sart. You inspire my casual interest in fashion and have made "getting dressed" fun. However, I now have an uncontrollable habit of noticing the amount of exposed cuff.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

Looks real nice. I like all the details although I'm not a fan of what looks like a tank under the shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 AM) : 

It's Picasso again! Looking good as always.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 AM) : 

From turning a belt into a knotted sash and walking shoes into ankle strap shoes, I can't handle him!

It's nice to see him here again and would be even better in real life!

Nice, dude! Nice.
mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 AM) : 

I am out of breath. Almost too perfect. The shoe straps tied around his ankles are the dot on the i.

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (7:09 AM) : 

A Beautifully
Wrapped UP
Present
Just ready
To be Carefully
Opened
To Reveal.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 AM) : 

liike, totally love the way he tied the laces

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

You must be kidding about the laces. As well as looking silly, they would pull all the little hairs off his legs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

fantastic, and thank you for your everyday shooting.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:36 AM) : 

The ankle socks with ankle-wrapped sneaker laces is more than my poor heat-addled brain can grasp.

In all, too fussy--though I do like the slim-shorts.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:51 AM) : 

how about afew pics of peeps sat outside bistros having lunch or drinking latte or have you done this before...cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

Top !
I do the same with my sneakers !
And also roll my belt but much like Hermès Show of Women 2007.
His scarf effect is really amazing !
"Bravo" !!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 AM) : 

I'm not to sure how I feel about this look. It's something about the shorts. I do think this look is well put together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 AM) : 

Jack Purcells made out to look like male espadrilles? Seriously, that is just gross. Great outfit but the shoes ruin it for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 AM) : 

Lovely outfit! It reminds me of the refined pre-second world war atmosphere depicted by Giorgio Bassani in 'Il Giardino dei Finzi Contini'.
PS: I used to lace up my trainers around the akle like this when I was at high school, in the early Nineties :)

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (8:36 AM) : 

the shoelace as ankle accessory does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me!
he's trying too hard...

 

Blogger H said ... (8:40 AM) : 

He really took a casual look with the shorts and sneakers and made it look very sharp. I love the little detail of the laces tied around his ankles.

 

Blogger Rice and Beans Vintage said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Unreal, I lOVE this! It is the "ankle straps" he has created out of the laces that really makes me fall in love with his style. Bravo!

 

Blogger Sarah ~ Lolita of Modern Times ~ said ... (8:50 AM) : 

All these details are so perfect! 'love the global look, 'love the details, 'love this charming man!

Sarah

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (8:50 AM) : 

oh my,
such a good eye for detail..

 

Blogger SartoriallyAddicted said ... (9:30 AM) : 

...would that my legs looked good enough to wear shorts so fashionably. Alas, I am cursed with Ashkenazi coloring best covered by trousers. That is great detailing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Beautifully done, though I, personally, find the ballet-like laces a bit precious for my taste. It does show great personal style though. All the other details are perfect and unexpected. I would have like a close-up of his face, framed by the shirt and scarf.

 

Blogger brando said ... (9:43 AM) : 

There's attention to detail and then there's obsession, but bless him for it.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Wow - fabulous! Even his striped shopping bag adds to the ensemble. I can't get over how well everything fits together. (I have try being slightly more daring in my mixing.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

wow! so well done.

 

Blogger Paulandre said ... (9:58 AM) : 

che belo!
so good looking the guy.

 

Blogger lewehrman said ... (9:59 AM) : 

His joy in getting dressed makes me happy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

it's all about the details, baby! well done, fabrizio.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Don´t fancy this one. There is too much trying,too many details.He just doesn´t look real.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

I'd have to say no to this look...maybe if there was no scarf and the Jack Purcells were tied normally. On a positive note I like the shorts and the belt together!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:39 AM) : 

the shoelaces are a quirky touch

 

Blogger Lotta K said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I love this blog so much, but I am about to write my first comment just because I do NOT like something. I may be a bad person. Anyway. What's with those shoe laces? Can't be comfortable when he walks. Everything else is super crisp.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Nice shorts and shoes. Stylish and summery. The shoe laces are a bit of a needless and silly affectation though, I think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I have those shoes, they're great...don't ruin your look by tying them in this ridiculous way. Everything else, clothe wise is great.

 

Blogger sariah said ... (11:08 AM) : 

I liked this a lot -- loved the subtle interplay of the scarf, belt and shorts patterns and the great colours, but he lost me at the shoes.
First, that would be so uncomfortable!
Second, it made the whole look seem way too contrived. I applaud the effort to try something new and in theory it could be a kind of quirky take on espadrille ties. . . but no.

 

Blogger Regina said ... (11:08 AM) : 

The shoe laces!!! I love them! I have a couple of sneakers (Converse etc.) with really long laces and I am going to try this out...

 

Blogger christinaooi said ... (11:14 AM) : 

umm... WOW!!

I'm loving the use of stripes and white... fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

wow, this guy has super style! I love what he did with those shoe laces and his belt. Amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Such an amazing ensemble! The laces ruin it a bit, though, by making it look contrived and fussy. Without those laces, it would look as if he had effortlessly thrown together something beautiful.

 

Blogger Romeika said ... (11:23 AM) : 

I love the shirt, but the sneakers detail made me laugh and remind me of my childhood, i'm sorry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

he looks like he had set out that day with the express purpose of being photographed by you

 

Blogger sariah said ... (11:28 AM) : 

also, he is wearing one of the nicest shirts i have seen. i have to keep looking back at it. the colour is wonderful. is that a diagonal seam on the shoulder or is it just the way his arm is positioned?

 

Blogger sariah said ... (11:29 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

The details make the outfit. He's got such a great eye for personal touches. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

So spontaneous...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

quite a nice outfit. love the shorts, but i'm not sold on the way he's tied his shoestrings. we used to tie our multicolored (one yellow, one turquoise) hightop converse in the same way, but it was 1985. then again we also used to safety pin the bottoms of our pants, cause nobody made slim trousers back then, oh now i'm getting nostalgic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

This is absolutely spectacular.

 

Blogger JO said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Does this guy have a thing for bondage? Why would he do that to his ankles if he didn't...LOL!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

What an incredible outfit. The interplay of horizontal lines in the scarf, belt, shorts, and even the laces of the shoes is so clever, but also subtle and chic. His clothes also fit perfectly. I'm ambivalent about the laces tied around the ankles --it reminds a little too much of feminine espadrilles or ballet shoes--but they do maintain the horizaontal theme, and floppy bows would have spoiled the overall effect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Very nice! Love the crisp white shirt with that stripe under it. Love love those fab shorts, but my absolute favorite piece in this outfit is that belt. For some reason I'm crazy about the belt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Good grief!

Look at his attention to detail!

I don't know whether I'd bow at his feet in a Wayne's World "we're not worthy" way. Or runaway through the sheer intimidation caused by his styling prowess.

Either way, I like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 PM) : 

it was all fine if a wee precious until we got to the shoes/socks/laces combo... you can't be serious!!! i thought my head was going to explode!

 

Blogger designerman said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Way too studied for me. The shoelace thing is really creepy. Like something a 9 year old girl would do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Trying WAAAAAAAY too hard (and it shows). And this is so without getting to the shoes (which are . . . shall we say . . . "unique.").

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Interesting. That's how I used to tie my pointe shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

wowza

 

Blogger slow poke kate said ... (1:04 PM) : 

gorgeous look.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (2:23 PM) : 

He's incredibly polished and obviously fanatical about details, but he lost me at the shoes.

 

Blogger LUX said ... (2:47 PM) : 

This is the MOST amazing thing I've ever seen in fashion.

Who is he, and how do I get to know him?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

I'm tired of Jack Purcell sneakers. Since when did it become O.K. for grown men to wear sneakers with rubber-capped toes, as if they're about to go to a kick-ball game? I love white canvas sneakers, but I prefer a regular toe.

 

Blogger LUX said ... (2:52 PM) : 

I'm not quite sure what makes everyone thinks it took him a long time to get dressed.

C'mon people...it's just a beautiful shirt, scarf, shorts, belt and shoes. Seems VERY simple to me.

The thing that stands out about this particular outfit is that his color choices are superb. That shirt appears to be a cream colored...the gray(?) of the socks is perfection with the white sneakers. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Can anyone tell me who this gentleman is ? Billionaire bachelor ? Buyer ? Model ? He dresses like someone who has a very good life, too good, infact (I'm just jealous) Thank you.

 

Blogger Françoise said ... (3:22 PM) : 

My first post. I wanted to comment on this. Amazing look. So clean and polished. Takes guts, not everyone can pull off such a look, in fact almost nobody can. I also like what he did with his sneakers. It's humorous and cute. Bravo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

he's certainly owning this look, however the problem is you notice the painstakingly crafted outfit, versus the man. The laces are a definite no, no, no.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Anonymous (11:23 AM) said...

he looks like he had set out that day with the express purpose of being photographed by you

----------
OMG...Don't we all?? I even have a non-pigeon toe stance that I've practiced in the mirror :-)

Still waiting in Montreal,
mltt

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (4:17 PM) : 

One thing nobody can deny: he makes careful and unique style choices.

Not sure about the tennispadrille look, but you just KNOW that where this pioneer has tread, others will follow.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Love the scarf - colour cominations are perfect and the total look and line is amazing, but:

The string round the ankle has been done to death in Europe for some time now - but mostly by girls, not boys. On men now, it is a no-no thing - ballerina's anyone?

What I really do not like though is that the tank top he is wearing under the shirt shows so much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

this is too much for me. too much thought involved and it shows.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

He's perfect in every way - I want him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

it had such potential...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

the whole outfit is so crisp and springlike or morninglike, whatever. He is an artist. One of your best photos ever.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (7:04 PM) : 

great shot. nice attention to detail with the laces.

 

Blogger Three Repute said ... (7:17 PM) : 

impeccable, save the laces.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

I always find my self amazed everytime i come into your blog. So exquisite, so refined, with amazing photos filled with great quality.
Congratulations
I have the same shorts and the same sneackers.. ahah! That's funny.

 

Blogger DK said ... (8:20 PM) : 

Ehh...

I admire his whole "I got the right to be me!!!" attitude, but he kinda killed it with the shoelaces. I used to do that when I was 6 or 7.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:57 PM) : 

those shoe laces are maniacal

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 PM) : 

wow- great read, great site. I'm out on the shoelaces. I cant decide if I love it or its just too much.

 

Blogger Amy Kim Kibuishi said ... (11:31 PM) : 

WOW. Beautiful!!!

 

Blogger Pakithor said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Only the detail!

Atrevido!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 AM) : 

Preppy with a sense of humour!
Love it!
I bet he's a hoot at a dinner party!

~AliciaInAlaska

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 AM) : 

anyone interested in discovering themselves through finding their style is bound at times to get caught up in unecessary details along the way. this is the life of style. maybe the shoelace discomfort/aesthetic/practicality factor ( as worn) is equal to the vertiginous hi heel + minute ankle strap ?
beauty is so in the eye of the beholden.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Bondage sneakers?

Otherwise, grand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

such a serious dandy. so careful. so thoughtful. wonderful.

 

Blogger dccaf said ... (11:07 AM) : 

i love it! i think the shoelaces add just the perfect touch of individuality to his well-manicured outfit

 

Blogger William Beaumont said ... (4:33 PM) : 

perfect but the trainer socks, every one seems to hate the laces thing or the shoes but they are all amazing. i think the socks ruin it, they are not yet so uncool that they have made a full circle and become cool in a funny way, they are like wearing a fleece!

 

Blogger Kid said ... (4:54 PM) : 

My first instinct was --yes! But when I got to the shoelaces everything seemed so premeditated that he suddenly looked like a character from a Wes Anderson film. That could be a good or bad thing, but on the whole this look makes me slightly uncomfortable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

This is just excellent, perfect, marvelous. YES!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

Those collars are beautiful, so crisp!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

Fantastic, except those damned laces! I used to do that, maybe 20 years ago? And while I've definitely been known to sacrifice comfort for the sake of good shoes, have you ever walked in shoes laced that way? It's not good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 AM) : 

This is such a contradiction that works beautiful. The scruffy beard yet immaculate pressed clothing. And he has beautiful hands.

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (8:50 AM) : 

He really does seem like a Wes Anderson character, doesn't he? A Tenenbaum tried and true. Great look except for the shoelaces.

 

Blogger Jameil said ... (9:14 AM) : 

delicious. obsessed with this outfit... except the laces around the ankles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

I love how so many people are freaking out about the shoe laces. Genius is in the addition of that one little detail that throws everyone off.

Long live eccentricity!

 

Blogger londondog said ... (6:56 AM) : 

I love this guy. I think that certain people can get away with just about anything, and he can get away with the socks and shoe laces.

He always looks so impeccably well turned out, with every detail so well thought out (while keeping the whole look effortless) like a true dandy. Beau Brummell would be proud of him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 AM) : 

This is absolute perfection until you get to the shoes, when it tips into "trying to hard." Love it otherwise, though.

www.thefashioninformer.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

I actually met this guy in Milan on the day he was wearing that outfit, he was having "aperitivo" at my hotel, the shirt and shorts look great, but i remember thinking at the time he was really overstyled and trying a little to hard...i was definetly put off by the laces, i found them unnecessary and a littel cheap looking...
sorry..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:41 AM) : 

I have a problem with outfits that look like it takes hours to get ready in the morning...
I'm afraid that if he moves too much the magic will be broken.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:59 AM) : 

as in Junior del Dongo, right? Is he shopping with the Duchessa Sanseverina's charge card again? I don't know him, but his polite, idealic gaze and fussy, illogical shoe lacing conveys an irresistible resemblance to Stendahls anti-hero Fabrizio.

 

Blogger Kristin said ... (1:17 PM) : 

WOW! All I think is wow! I don't think that i've ever seen anyone being so kind of perfect. Every little detail...! Wow!

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (3:28 PM) : 

he looks like he's trying too hard.i love the spontaneity of styles and exquisite casualness of the other shots on this page though. wish americans had the style i see here. your photographs are beautiful.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:05 PM) : 

Fabrizio is known in Brazil by his styles and skills when it comes to put ideas together to look good. A bit farfetched sometimes but he has a plus in his look. In São Paolo you can see a bit of his taste at "Jacaré do Brasil"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 AM) : 

i dont agree with the laces at all, but i do think experimentation is the avenue to discovering one's own style.

the rest is tight.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

I'm not sure about this one. On its own each little twist seems great and individual, but put it all together and it just doesnt work. He looks like he just tried too hard and is a bit of a perfectionist. But you gotta LOVE the layered shirts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 PM) : 

his name is Fabrizio Rollo...he is brazilian and editor of the brazilian vogue!!!!
The look is amazing !!!
Lovely outfith !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Love all these details, but the entire look doesn't work for me. Like he's trying too much

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I wanna be him!

 

Blogger Lucy Spartalis said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I too think that this is perhaps a little contrived - doesn't look effortless enough for me. Love the shirt combo however.

A little too much.

 

Blogger Bespoken For said ... (11:13 PM) : 

Probably one of the sexiest photos I have seen. Great combination at the neck, scarf and shirt very Cary.

I love the look head to toe and think the laces are great. Great imagination and it doesn't look forced.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 AM) : 

the socks are pure HORROR.and why that belt is there? and wahat about wearing short pants in a city(ok,if you're a skater)?
this is trying tooo hard.

 

Blogger monica said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Le scarpe: ma per favore... !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 AM) : 

*simple stylish. love the combination*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

not only do the shoelaces look awful, and almost ruin it, but they take the details idea over the top. otherwise, really excellent

 

Anonymous soshi said ... (11:18 AM) : 

simply awesome. i like that casual pants. i really love it.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting