This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....White Pants, Not Jeans,Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

On the Street.....White Pants, Not Jeans,Milan


I have often thought about buying some white jeans but never follow through because Levi's 501's in white make me look way too square.

They are too snug in the thigh and too wide in the ankle.

The white pants (which wear like jeans) in the photo above are perfect for most men. Cut slightly more full in the thigh and slightly tapered to the ankle. They look much more flattering - as you can see.

This gentleman wrote the name of the pants on a business card for me but it is lost in my pile of receipts. I will update as soon as I find it - and no, the didn't say Dockers

Comments on "On the Street.....White Pants, Not Jeans,Milan"

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (4:49 AM) : 

Am I colour-blind or is his shirt a very very dark blue? If so, even better! The combination is so beautiful it's an outrage!

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (5:30 AM) : 

I find the zara white pants from last year great - they have a much better fabric then a regular jean and have a straight pant leg that flatters normal legs enormously.

 

Blogger Jackie O. said ... (5:44 AM) : 

few days ago, i dressed a bullfighter in total white for a fashion production of a spanish newspaper. I chose a pair of Armani troussers, not exactly jeans but in white hard cotton. they were wonderful. i recommend you to buy them. they costs 120 euro aprox. not very much.
best regards

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 AM) : 

I love man with slim cut pants! But it's not for every man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 AM) : 

Check Mabitex model n° 318.
98% cotton, 2% stretch.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:42 AM) : 

Especially like the handkerchief-pants white-and-white meet-up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

He looks good, I'm loving ALL the Milan pictures.

 

Blogger Andrew Kirk said ... (8:22 AM) : 

Yes the pants are great. However I like how the coat is the right length for his frame and its cut is exquisite. I'm now going out to find a high 3-button single breasted brown/tan coat, being in Sydney Australia this may take some time. Bugger it! I'll just fly to Milan.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:04 AM) : 

I take my hat off to a man who carries off white trousers well! White trousers are challenging. They can so easily go from looking cool and hip to sad and ... lukewarm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

The other splash of White on the lapel really pulls the look together. Cheers!

 

Blogger Jingoist said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Scott:

I am curious... what is the story behind the look of this gentleman's pocket square? While I like the detail a pocket square adds, it almost looks like there are 2 separate fabrics. Quite distracting actually.

 

Blogger MCasolino said ... (10:38 AM) : 

I believe that he's right handed and wearing his watch on the right, which I always do myself. Still, it's strange to see others do it.

 

Blogger khadra said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Dear Satorialist,
I just want you to know that you have become quite an addiction.
As an office monkey, I sit and wait for my computer to putter and turn on so I can tune in to your blog.
love it!
and keep up the fab fashion findings!

Khadra

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (10:49 AM) : 

A white pocket square with a casual linen jacket; I like it. Is he really talking on that cell phone or is this an 'action photo'?

I have a pair of Levi's white jeans which are cut like this; they're pretty old though, and it wasn't until I'd been wearing them for a year that I realized -gasp- they were a women's model!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I never thought I'd wear white pants, but I may reconsider. The fit is perfect on this guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

did he say Jeckerson? Or Dondup...these are quite in fashion in Italy...did you find design people different from fashion one?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Wow! Very dapper. I especially love the white pocket square, which helps balance the darkness of the jacket with the white jeans. Really nice.

www.thefashioninformer.com

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I love this look ....and am proud to share that I am a happy and satisfied practitioner of this style.
SAR: I personally had some luck with a pair of white "tissue chinos" by Ralph Lauren, moderately priced at $65 that work well with both a sports jacket or for an even more casual look ....untucked straight edged & very tailored Polo and no sock drivers.

Sorry if I over-indulged ...just wanted to pass on my personal experience.

THX SAR!

 

Blogger FMQ said ... (12:41 PM) : 

From argentina, I prefer jeans...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

You could try other premium denim brands that do white jeans, like Prada. Or come to London and get CUSTOM jeans from Harrods, made by the bodymetrics system (where they take very precise digital measurements of your body and custom make your jeans/suit).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

You are so right about the pant thing, here in Denmark everybody(men) is wearing those kind of pants and jeans.... And the problem you discribed is exactly mine too... The jeans are too snug in the thigh and too wide in the ankle.... The pants in the foto are perfect though..I really hope that I can find a pair like that... like that the pants are white too, its so are to find a pair of white pants that fit well... In Denmark they are really colored right now ( red, green etc. ) but I dont know if I can pull that off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

wat do you think about white or nearly white pants with light-colore-strip white shirt? To me, that just looks wrong...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

The name of the trousers probably:
- Incotex
- Valentini

Beautifull flatfront trousers available in almost any colour!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (3:16 PM) : 

Dear Santa...er...I mean Sart,

Can you bring me back a nice Italian man? This one will do. Thank you very much.

Your most loyal fan,

M

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Given the texture,the cut and the distinct look of the pants- I would tenably suggest: the brand is Incotex. Not thier formal line but their casual, informal line which is popular in Italy. You could have guessed this,so,may be Barba Napoli rings a bell? Let me know!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

It's easier to tailor a pant/jeans than to find the exact right model that will fit you right.

So my suggestion would be to buy a pair of regular white jeans and have them hemmed and 'slimmed' to your wishes. That's what I do with all my pants and they then fit to one's body much nicer than mass market designed jeans.

Philippe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

try the Levi's 514 slim straight, which also comes in white and has a more modern fit.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (5:06 PM) : 

I've noticed you feature white pants on a regular basis. I had never even considered them in the past, but you've given food for thought...

I love the white pants/navy shirt combo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 PM) : 

The truth of it is, that if you can make this work it really works - the straight leg, the colour white and the dark shoes. But if you don't have that "je ne sais quoi", BIG trouble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

In the US, J Crew now has a slim fit chino in ivory and Barney's Coop has a slim fit chino in white.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

i certainly hope he was actually talking to someone on that phone.....

nice shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 AM) : 

Could be incotex or valentini!
I love the looks!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

this man reminds me of the carla bruni song, "Le plus beau du quartier".

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (3:06 AM) : 

The cut of the trousers
is Perfect
flat fronted and sexy
Dramatically put together with
Brown wool tailored jacket
and blackest of black polo
Topped off with
the crispest white handkerchief
Makes this a
DAZZLING look

 

Blogger Joy Katz said ... (9:33 AM) : 

The trouble, I find, with white trousers is the pockets always show (they do here, too) because the fabric is a bit sheer. Is there a way around this problem?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

I love his pants. Their so sophisticated and modern in a masculine way...and if they were skinny jeans i don't think they would look as good.

 

Blogger Eva said ... (2:34 PM) : 

White pants will always remind me of David Hemmings in Blow Up. Love that look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Please, Sart! Those pants are precisely what I want for Spring. We anxiously await the brand name...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

The funny things is that a couple of weeks ago I went to the Levi's store right across from Bloomie's on Lex looking for white jeans for men... and they don't have any!
Kinda sad how they keep missing on trends...

 

Blogger R.A. Sasayama said ... (10:49 PM) : 

those look sort of like the pants they wore in "the great gatsby," which is my holy grail of pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Suede shoes? His are so brand-new that you can smell the leather.
As I love dressing, love phtography, love cities and NYC, thank you, Sart.
Cordelia

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 AM) : 

summer is rapidly approaching sart, please tell us the name of these pants!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

this gentleman looks so very stylish

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

Must be fun to stand up and not come in contact with anything for an entire day.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting