This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....The New Denim Shape, Berlin

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, April 30, 2007

On the Street.....The New Denim Shape, Berlin


Comments on "On the Street.....The New Denim Shape, Berlin"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

wow! she is so sexy!!! I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 PM) : 

She looks great. I'm loving your Berlin shots. Everybody looks modern, but not overly fashion-y or self-conscious. A good thing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

I am loving this laid back look- oversized grandad shirt, with skinny yet somehow baggy jeans!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

Very well done. Perfect mix of directional and nonchalant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

auch! do you really love this new denim shape?????

 

Blogger lucia martinez said ... (6:57 PM) : 

hm. is it a new shape, or is she just wearing men's jeans? they look very well on her, regardless, but boy will that be hard on a body with hips.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

O mi God, how I love this. I dress like this when I can find jeans that fit me, LOL. But it is such a clean and classic and SEXY look. Sooooooooooo refreshing to see this look , sart, and the hair! Natural! Zowza! Love the shot, so well, untampered with, the word escapes me...o yes, no artifice!!! This shot is very believeable, do you know what I mean, because she is believable as your subject. xooxxo, Lady

 

Blogger Tiffany said ... (7:23 PM) : 

I love the gathering at the legs but fear that cut would be too unforgiving at my lovely hips!

:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

yes, but a quick spin through the dryer will fix them.

 

Blogger L.A. Davidson said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I don't really like this. The baggy crotch, tight at the calves, bunched up and dragging at the heel... I hope this doesn't catch on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 PM) : 

so stunning.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (8:17 PM) : 

Very "boy." Not sure if I'd wear it myself, but it's cool for other people, namely her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 PM) : 

high rise worn low waisted?
doesn't look good
worse still: doesn't look comfy
no thanks

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:34 PM) : 

it's a cool look on an attractive woman, but i don't know if it would work on everyone. the cut seems to be like a man's...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

"The new denim shape"?

It looks terrible!

Very, very pretty lady, but those jeans look awful on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM) : 

I would love to meet and spend time with her. She is relaxed, simple and elegant all at the same time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

Hey Sart,

I presume that you are referring to the fact that the jeans is not low rise. It is about time. I haven't bought a pair since low rise became the "in thing".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

Doesn't look new, but more like her boyfriend's skinny jeans.

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (10:25 PM) : 

she is a beauty but for whom exactly is this a new denim shape? for the hipless? for boys? it appears to be low-crotch, instead of low-rise, other than that, just more of the same skinny.
pretty person=pretty pic here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

who makes these jeans?

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (11:02 PM) : 

That is an interesting photo. Her image and color contrast very well with the orange background. She literally pops out in the photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

defenately gents jeans, I am lovin it, looks fabulous ! love to berlin fav. city! More pics from germany, keep this great work up sart.

 

Blogger Mutterlein said ... (11:10 PM) : 

It works for her but I'm not convinced that rise that low on the hips will have universal appeal.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:21 PM) : 

that long, low inseam and tapered leg are a tricky combo-- she must waddle (not walk). the proportions make her torso long, hips wide, and legs short.

 

Blogger Elle said ... (11:28 PM) : 

interesting...
but hard to pull off if you're not the right height (like me! boo.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Fly is too long, very unattractive.
Shoes are cute.

 

Blogger Veronica said ... (11:30 PM) : 

show us how those jeans look from the back.
otherwise Ill just assume they do even less for her body shape than they do from the front...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

Very sexy lady......

 

Blogger tulip said ... (12:08 AM) : 

effortlessly tough, yet cute. love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 AM) : 

a hot mess

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 AM) : 

mens jeans on women? meh.

 

Blogger Last Day Emails said ... (12:36 AM) : 

Oh wow! She's so great! I love the easiness of her shirt, the daring jeans (which have been in some parts of asia for a while now, non?) and note that this new denim shape seems to go pretty good with flats... as opposed to skinny jeans, which to me always look significantly better with heels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 AM) : 

this is a really great look for her and a much more successful version of the "boyfriend trouser" that Gap is currently trying ot pull off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

Oh no! She is lovely and the jeans are not. Too tight on the bottom and too baggy on the top. The material needs to be more evenly distributed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 AM) : 

she's beautiful. she looks great. but i do not like the new shape, it looks uncomfortable. . .

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:57 AM) : 

Hi
I love your blog very much and visit your blog almost everyday!
You remind me "sex and the city". so I call your blog is "fashion and the city".
Keep going...
Ciao Ciao

 

Blogger ryan said ... (1:15 AM) : 

cute. is boyfriend cut the summer denim? i likeit too.

 

Blogger fashionnerd said ... (3:19 AM) : 

great to see an outfit i had put on many times myself.. :P only i wear it more half tuck half untuck... nice jeans... but i think you need quite a long leg to be able to wear it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 AM) : 

she has the air of julie delpy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 AM) : 

This reminds me of the mid-nineties when I'd wear my pre-low rise straight leg jeans pushed down on my hips w/a flannel. It wouldn't work for me (now that I'm older!), but I think she pulls it off. Doesn't hurt that she's extremely cute.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Not every girl can wear that and look so good! She has a great figure and a cute style!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Beautiful woman with a cool slouchy look, but not a jeans style that would work on most!

 

Blogger Emma said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Looks good... But makes me wonder how does it look from behind, especially on a woman with apparently no hips - and no butt.

I love the cute shoes, and the ring on her left hand. Makes the outfit a little bit more chic and feminine. Well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 PM) : 

ya def think shes wearing mens denim...could be very directional though! There was a lot of mens wear in sportswear on the runways this year...whos to say that denim wont head in the same direction!

 

Blogger AM said ... (12:50 PM) : 

She looks like a cross between Charlotte Gainsbourg and Sophie Marceau. I'm digging that women are starting to tuck in their tops when doing casual wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Acne Jeans have a jeans model that looks a little like these. In Sweden we call it carrot shape. I have a pair (Acne Blackness).

It shortens the legs but looks smashing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

she rocks them well. i just don't think this would work on anything but a boyish figure.

 

Blogger fashionfanatic60 said ... (1:24 PM) : 

She is an exceptionally beautiful girl but these jeans are woefully unflattering.

 

Blogger Kara Varilone said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Can I just say...

I hate skinny jeans. I think it is the ugliest trend to come along in years, and completely unwearable (even on me, someone who is 5'9" and skinny).

But it is a nice photograph.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I love it. Only I'd spice it up a little bit.

 

Blogger m said ... (8:51 PM) : 

I love it when hot chicks know that they don't need to wear trendy/slutty/look-at-me-boys outfits. I wish I had the confidence (and model looks) to pull this off. SEXY!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 PM) : 

they look like men's Cheap Mondays -- and I wholeheartedly welcome this new trend(which I believe it is, at least amongst the more fashion-forward circles of Europe). Away with butt-hugging jeans on women! Equality for all :)

 

Anonymous from croatia said ... (10:25 AM) : 

lovely girl... looks like sophie marceau

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting