This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

My Icon Franca Sozzani

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Icon Franca Sozzani

Comments on "My Icon Franca Sozzani"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 AM) : 

I knew she was the editor of Vogue Italy, because i'm a journalist too... but i didn't know she was so chic so beauty...

so easy her Style, so brilliant
very minimal very fancy

bye!

m.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 AM) : 

can i say something sart? youre a bit of a sucker upper to all these editors. I know u want spreads and mention in their magazines, but you cross the line when it comes to buttering up to climb the social ladder. good site though, sicky comments.

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (5:17 AM) : 

Yes she is an inspiration
Italian Vogue is Inspirational

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (5:41 AM) : 

The blonde hair is perfect as a contrast to all the black! The glasses are also really cool, and the background.

 

Blogger RoseAG said ... (6:29 AM) : 

I think my monitor isn't showing the detail so well.

She's got a friendly smile! I like the hem length too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 AM) : 

how cool that such a fashion icon "dares" to wear shoes that were fashionable a few years ago. that's what sets her apart from the perfectly-coiffed-and-packaged fashionista pack!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 AM) : 

I really don't know if this woman is Italian, but I must admit that the most elegant Italian women come from Rome; I do not appreciate the Milan look much, I rather like the roman elegance. sorry about my english
Nina Madrid

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (6:59 AM) : 

She has style!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (9:05 AM) : 

Great shades, and I love the contrast of her light hair against the black dress. She has a wonderful smile, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

If Amazon is to be believed, she is the editor of Italian Vogue.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Scott!! style.com photos -- they are breathtaking. You're getting better and better.

Just had to tell you that

-L

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

yay for the Sozzani sisters! they're both so cool.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (1:38 PM) : 

To anon 4:34 am
So who am I sucking up to when i am posting photos of assistant editors and assistant to the assistant editors and people with standing room tickets?
I am honest when I say she is one of my icons, it is just that simple. I have not been in the "media" side of fashion for very long so any feelings i have for certain editors or personalities was developed when i was a fashion fan like everyone else so I feel very comfortable in admitting who i really look up to. I could just act cool and blase but I am just not that way.

I do admit that if i post a lot of nice photos of older people so I might get a nice spot at a retirement home of my choice when the time comes.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (3:13 PM) : 

she is one of my style icons too! she looks amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

the fashion industry stands for something - doesn't it? I dont get this "real style doesn't apply at fashion week or w/ those assoc." mentality...OF COURSE it does - many of thosepeople suffer w/ low pay & raging bosses whilst trying to follow the dreams and plans that were laid when they were young and reading vogue and admiring the unusual/pretty/chic. You don't need to post this comment sart - I just really wanted you to know: I am with you - keep it up.

sincerely,
ex-fashionista who couldn't hack the druggy boss/low pay/crazy travel/insane demands and now is in finance and bored and wishes she were in fashion - just the one she dreamt of rather than what she encountered at 4 places along 7th.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

oh, yes, she is totally and completely fabulous. i'm with you, sart. love your aesthetic.

 

Blogger Bexia said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Ah! Franca Sozzani has real vision. Her Italian Vogue beats out all other Vogues by a long shot.
A great, great shot of that intelligent, thoughtful face and whipped cream hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 PM) : 

Is this a tiny purse in her hand or a wallet? Very cute.

 

Blogger kenleejj said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Very, very cool that she's not lugging around a huge bag. I can't wait for the oversized purse to die.

 

Blogger andrea said ... (5:26 AM) : 

It is so reassuring to know that GIRLS come in many ages.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 AM) : 

Aww, the photo doesn't capture the full texture of the jacket.

While I frown at her shoes, I smile back to her lovely smile!

mltt

P.S. I love to be in a retirement home with you, Sart! :-)

 

Blogger lewehrman said ... (6:02 PM) : 

Franca Sozzani has been one of my style icons for years. Her and her sister have the most amazing home in Marakech that was featured in W mag 12 yrs. ago (maybe more?) I keep it in my files for inspiration! Between Her and Carine Roitfield, they keep the concept of STYLE affiliated with Vogue.

Keep up the good work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

so nice to see long hair on a middle-age-ish woman. you don't have to cut your hair once you reach 40! i'd like to see more long hair on older women. i look forward to having long, salt and pepper braids when i'm 50. thanks, sart.

 

Blogger lewehrman said ... (7:23 PM) : 

If you see Betty catroux or Lou Lou de la falaise, please snap them! They are two other of my style icons!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Sart,

You really don't need to defend yourself from anonymous people's posts that will always find something meaningless to criticize you... Some people are just like that...

Everyone here knows you're doing great stuff...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

just look at that beautiful building behind her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 AM) : 

I love Carla Sozzani and I really don't like Anna Wintour. Carla is a real woman of flesh and blood, very emotional. Anna is only...plastic,sorry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

adore franca-such personal style!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

I saw her wearing that black "Derercuny" coat several times. It loos so good with her blonde... Truly simple and chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 PM) : 

I really don't know what I like the most, her blond hair as a contrast to the black, the shades, the shoes, her small but very chic wallet or her smile! Most of all I think I like her attitude! she's one of my most important style icons, along with her sister Carla.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting