This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Jil Sander

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, February 26, 2007

At Jil Sander

All about the jacket sleeve length - longer than bracelet length but shorter than traditional plus the effect is compounded by the extra shirt cuff showing.

I also really like the fitted shoulder of the jacket paired with the slouchy belted skirt.

Is it too 1984 to call the skirt "paperbagged?"

Comments on "At Jil Sander"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 AM) : 

Those sunglasses and face are special the cuffs are unique. Everything below the belt is I think wishing to be wished away.

Go for the kill with black foots, at least not those soft boots.

I am a man but puffy skirts I do not understand.

It's as if she lost the top part of her dress, is the way such skirts strike me.

Still wonderful amazing bravo.

 

Blogger New Yorkaise said ... (2:13 AM) : 

A stunning combination that she pulls off so well!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (6:59 AM) : 

I like her jacket, her shirt, but not the combination with the rest.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Sart, the skirt and jacket, and even the boots, I "get," but it's the shirt I don't understand. It looks mis-buttoned, and her waistline looks unkempt, not just slouchy. The shirt just looks weird! Wait, don't tell me, ..... she works for Paris Vogue??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Holy hell, I love this look. I love the way the black shirt looks under the perfect blue oxford. And, of course, the jacket polishes everything else up.

Is this Anne Christensen? She is always featured in the Japanese fashion magazines, but I only see her once in awhile in American mags.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (9:12 AM) : 

I grew up in the '80s....but never heard of the term 'paperbagged'. But maybe in The Netherlands they use different term...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

like the brown boots with the black bag contrast. the jacket fit w/ skirt looks great to me - highly individualistic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

like the brown boots with the black bag contrast. the jacket fit w/ skirt looks great to me - highly individualistic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

the details matter, but ultimately it's the nonchalance (cue haphazardly buttoned shirt) with which she carries the entire outfit off...

* thumbs up*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I actually like this a lot because she looks idiosyncratic and totally comfortable (literally and figuratively). I wouldn't wear this combination, personally, but it definitely works on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

what is the matter with her shirt? It looks like she got the buttons all mixed up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

I love the entire look, very chic and wearable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I'd call it "dirndl"- not paperbagged.
Fabulous!

 

Blogger atticus_finch said ... (3:13 PM) : 

the outfit is great and the picture of her is charming as you captured her 'i am not used to this...feeling awkward' photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

She looks great, all the elemrnts you pointed out are lovely! and I am also nostaligic for paperbagging...but only if it is executed as well as she has.

 

Blogger Big Eyes Strange Names said ... (5:41 PM) : 

I love this look. The casual volume of the skirt paired with the proper fitted jacket, and the slight dramatic flair of the shirt cuffs peeking out...She hit all of the marks and wrapped it up into one look with ease.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

I love that jacket - reminds me of a (sadly too small) vintage gunne sax velvet jacket I saw at my local thrift store. Oh how I coveted it!

The dress (if you look at the picture up close, you can see that the skirt and top are really a dress) does little for me as it does look mis-buttoned and ill-fitting. Oddly, although I am a huge fan of brown boots with black clothes - they don't do it for me in this pic.

 

Blogger jkh said ... (7:49 AM) : 

my kind of girl.

very german

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

ANNIE HALL!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting