This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Valentino

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

At Valentino

Comments on "At Valentino"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 AM) : 

I love the simplicity of this dress but the shawl detail is very unique.
Im loving the hair!! beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 AM) : 

Love everything about this look! Beautiful!

Are these Balenciaga boots?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 AM) : 

She looks absolutely stunning! The dress is so elegant. It looks like a large scarf that she successfully manipulated - twisted and turned - into that wonderful dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 AM) : 

I'm totally loving this look. It's funky and cute at the same time. Great job Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 AM) : 

I love your video!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Perfection! I need a cute smocky black dress now. And a haircut.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

Nice volumes. I see from your Milan photos that the pigeon-toed pose has started to vanish! Finally. One of the people who post here commented on my blog that a certain reporter made a comment about the pigeon-toe pose on her column in NY Post and attributed the origin to my comment on your post about the Le Figaro editor! I wish I could take credit but it was surely coming seeing all these grown up women standing like little girl blues in their most adult get ups! Bravo once more for your great pics Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Recently, it seems like these wonderful hairstyles are really completing the outfits - and this is no exception. I'm also enjoying the really strong boots against the looseness of the dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

tough. feminine. my favourite look.

those boots are ridiculous! i want them...

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Adorable, head to toe!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:27 AM) : 

All black still looks damn good! I love that dress. Is it a dress with a wrap incorporated? Love the rough edge, goes perfectly with the boots. She looks fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

how chic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Wow those boots. She looks like she's doing a glamourous take on goth/biker girl. I love the top.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

one word - PERFECTION

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Head to toe Marc. Fab but very easy...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

This is a great example of modernizing classics. This woman has taken black and used many interesting shapes and details that keep it from being boring or age-y. I love that her dress reflects the current trends (sack dress) but does not make her look like a fashion victim. The dress has just enough shape that it keeps her from looking like a bag lady.

The wedged boots w/ buckles are also eye-catching. I've been looking for motorcycle boots that won't make me look like a hard-core biker chick if that makes any sense. These boots are perfectly "hard core" without making this women look like she's off to a rally and they look like they'd be quite versatile.

I really want those boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

dear sart,

please tell men.style.com that they have to allow for your pictures to be enlarged by clicking (like you have done on your site). it's such an addiction once you get used to the detail...

thanks so much for the amazing work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Soooo Good

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

What a difference form last season. Goth allure rules the dames of yesterday. So many dark warriors (bataglia for la Bataglia).

I think she needs a pattern or color pronto. Anyhow I prefer her former look. Not very much like her...where are the sexy legs and shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Me encanta!
I love those boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

The boots feel very heavy-ATWR

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Okay, it's alllll black but this is for me, 100% -- I would steal this look if I could. LOVE it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Hey Scott,

When in Italy, can you find out if any of the Italian designers are outsourcing to China. I have heard that many are using this country to get a bulk of their RTW stuff to market.
I heard a nasty rumour that Armani has a tuxedo factory humming along nicely in Shanghai .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Is she, or isn't she Giovanna B.?

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (1:41 PM) : 

She looks well groomed, but the hair is too trendy, and an old trend at that

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

The boots!!! Awwww!!! http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/F2006RTW/detail/slideshow/LVUITTON?loop=0&event=show1425&designer=design_house59&iphoto=0&play=false&cnt=3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Whoa, her boots are bizarrely perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

oh I just adore those Louis Vuitton boots in black!
Is the dress Vuitton or Marc Jacobs too?
Love love love her! her face goes so well with the look. Who is she?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Wicked boots.

I am sorry, but I dont get the fraying at the hem -- or lack there of.

Why did I bother to bring along a needle and thread to finish up my 4-H entry in the car on the trip to the county fair? I could have been setting trends WAY back! :-)

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Thank Gawd easy clothes are back. That dress is funky to the max. The boots...tres tres chic. Snaps to her also for pulling off all-black without it feeling too safe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Boots! The boots are amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Those are of course the uber-cool Louis Vuitton boots that I would kill for. And she has nice hair, too. Thanks for this photo Sart, I am going to the hairdresser's at the weekend and was just looking for something that might inspire me and I've finally found it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 PM) : 

I love the black coat...

Hey can we see another picture of you and your outfit in Milan.

ENID P.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 PM) : 

What divine designer made this fab dress? Could I get a cheap version somewhere, or am I dreaming?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

wow those boots are astronaut-cool! i like!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

She's relaxed and ready to move, spiffy boots and all. The all black is fine with me, presented in such a carefree stance
.
I hope the bangs can blow in the wind - they're my only frowning point.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (10:40 PM) : 

Oh those boots... and the little bag. I'm in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 AM) : 

Giovanna looks thrilled to be posing for you. As well she should be, after all your divine shots from last season!
I also like how you captured her in the background of one of your Style.com photos giving you the peace sign. Props!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (4:19 AM) : 

for Anon 3"21am
yes she is very cool and very nice to me

and yes i liked that shot at Valentino with her in the background, i cropped it specail to keep her in the shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 AM) : 

One question for hoi polloi, which is the trendy hair right now?? I need to know...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

That's the first time I've seen those boots and had them make sense to me. Great look. Now if I could just get the whole thing in chocolate brown...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

I love it. The boots, I shall dream about them tonight.

The frayed hem is so great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

A few of you aren't happy with the hair, but I love it. The bangs give it some kick. I'm tired of seeing long hair for the sake of long hair... I like that she's done something a bit different with it.

And, the outfit is just perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

She's an ex-model,italian model, and these boots are Louis Vuitton. The day before she was at Daks with a lovely skirt...she knows how to do

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 AM) : 

I love the contrast between the classy hair and dress and the biker boots...
awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 AM) : 

i think this girl should be nominated for best look of the year! oooo by the way shes a fashion icon

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

I adore absolutely EVERYTHING about this girl's look. The soft, yet beautifully shaped dress, the kick @ss boots, and her hair! Her hair is stunning, and to me, it pulls her look completely together...the icing on the cake.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting