This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Etro....Accents of Strong Color

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

At Etro....Accents of Strong Color

Comments on "At Etro....Accents of Strong Color"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I find the contrast with the bright boots just too much; they engulf the rest of her outfit which we therefore don't really notice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

There's something about the color of her boots.

I think it's a good mix of the colors she's wearing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Love the boots with the tickets...how random that they are the same yellow.

Are those rubber boots? If she had a little more punk attitude (hair) this outfit would feel more deliberate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

ooh I like it! Very fun. I think the bright boots are balanced by the red bag. There are so many ways this outfit could have gone wrong but she pulled it off. Great coat too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Where is her yellow matching raincoat?? Those boots are way too much-they don't work for me. A brown or black boot would have been lovely with her outfit! I think she looks comical.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

i adore this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

We always love those who share our sensibilities--I love the yellow boots. A European winter can always use a spot of color. I might have chosen a more classic bag color (too "ketchup and mustard" for me). But the whole look is fun and comfortable and the yellow boots make it exciting. What better for the Etro show?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

I dont agree. I think that you see everything so clear, the gorgeous coat, the red bag, the yellow boots and her cute haircut. I love it!

 

Blogger Leah Faust said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Yesss!!!! Don't be afraid to punch that color!!! A woman after my own heart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Every time I've tried bright colored shoes, they get dirty beyond repair the instant someone even looks at them.

Maybe yellow rubber won't be ruined quite as quickly... but I doubt it. Fun look based on throw-away, one-wear-only shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Interesting combination but the boots are a bit too bright.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

i completely love the boots, it makes her fly out at you, which is so important in cities with millions of people all wearing grey; very attractive-ATWR

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

ORANGE purse!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I love yellow accents! I agree with the previous poster that the contrast in this outfit is really strong, but I appreciate the boldness, especially b/c yellow in a booty is unexpected.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

This is great, but I hope she never puts down that bag. The splash of bright red keeps her boots from being the sole focus of the outfit.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (2:58 PM) : 

I love it. Especially with the red purse.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the bangs in the eyes. Looks crazy-making. I'd be scratching my face constantly.

Irinia Lazareanu is inspiring a generation of semi-blinded women! But still, she is quite chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM) : 

A splash of extreme color is a welcome addition to a dark ensemble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

I don't like this at all. Seems so contrived.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

It's like she took every single speck of color from her outerwear and included it somewhere in the outfit.

Even her hair color is in the jacket :-)

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

I like the tip of the red bag...or rather just a tease of the red bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

i love how the coat and the pants are very understated in color. the bright yellow shoes really complete the outfit.
great photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

love the boots! they make the outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I think the colours are lovely and that its great you noticed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

Ooh, color! I don't think I could do that myself but I am so happy that she is doing it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I've made this same mistake of putting yellow on its own like this with black (everything else) and I also agree that the particular shade of yellow is too overpowering. The shoes become separated from the rest of the outfit. It just doesn't photograph well imo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Yelooooooowwww!

Very good!


Kisses.

;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

i think her boots are chic. so much better than brown or black slouchy boots we see everywhere in nyc. i like the clean lines of the boots. they pop, and actually draw me in so i look at the rest of her outfit more closely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 PM) : 

i think its fine.. definitely bold but it works. I mean if she wore the yellow boots with "bright" clothes then she would probably look like a clown.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

It's kind of like a palette when you've been painting a while. They bright colors were originally squirted off to the side, and the stuff you've mixed with them has now turned to different shades of mud.

I like it. It looks like she dipped her feet in yellow paint.

Sart, you just made me want to paint. Awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

LOVE IT - THIS IS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE ON THE STREETS. I THINK A LITTLE YELLOW WITH NEUTRALS IS VERY CURRENT...LIKE SUNSHINE IN A BLEAK CLIMATE. HARHAR.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT NEON GREEN? I THINK THAT'S WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR NEXT.

MELDUG - MONTREAL, QC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Love the boots!
But the bag should be brown as the rest of the outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Oy vey!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

Fabolous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

the pop touch for the perfect smart combination!
Great work

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

I love the yellow boots. They are the perfect contrast. It's like they are saying, "I'm excited for almost spring, and you should be too!" I love the little peek of red as well.

Also, is she wearing a blouse under her t-neck sweater, or could it be a scarf?

Final thoughts...let's not limit ourselves people, a touch of color is always good! She's perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

the boots distract me, but if you can pull it off, more power to you -- daring is more fun than not.

LOVE the coat tho, that's a great shape!

-robin in l.a.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 PM) : 

great use of color. i love the shot of yellow injected w/ the browns

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

kudos to her for having the sheer guts to wear yellow boots. and they add a playful twist to an otherwise demure, classy ensemble... i'm a fan of those boots...and the coat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

i looooove the contrast of the yellow boot with traditional fall colours and tweed cape.

 

Blogger David Dewese said ... (11:30 PM) : 

BAM! POP! POW!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

hmm. the color certainly is refreshing given the oh so grayness of the winter looks (i had to look at the spring archives to perk me up a little), but i'm not sure about the mix of textures. maybe if there was less texture going on, it would be better?

anyway, i hope the groundhog sees no shadow and we can see some blossoming spring color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 AM) : 

i think the boots are a bit to bright

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 AM) : 

Amazing, cape and boots - she looks like a superhero!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 AM) : 

A M A Z I N G !!! simply perfect, great combination of color and proportion

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 AM) : 

yellow: look at the stars/they're shining for you/ and everything you do....

moreno

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

oh i LOVE it! so different, interesting, exciting! it feels like a modern update on the 70s color combo of brown with orange and yellow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 AM) : 

I love those boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 AM) : 

a touch of green and should would go!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 AM) : 

I love (LOVE!) this look. It's so great to see pops of color - especially taxicab yellow - with an otherwise sober outfit. Really fun, and really nice during the dark days of winter. The fact that she's adorable doesn't hurt, either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 AM) : 

Love this outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

I normally don't like yellow so much, but i was just thinking about yellow shoes the other day, and I just saw a cute yellow anonymous bag I loved and did not buy.
I think I am growing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

gorgeous Jacket, Yellow boots are made for walking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 AM) : 

she certainly dressed herself.. "differently"
and she really looks like a dutch singer/actress/tvwoman...
angela groothuizen
i say google!

 

Blogger Hong Kong Loudspeakers said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I love the yellow boots. It works with her outfit perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

You gotta smile when you see those boots. and the inclusion of a bright bag shows that this is part of her personality. Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

I'm sorry. She just looks too eccentric, and not stylish. Those boots and the red bag, combined with that jacket are just not good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

that is perfect. we really need that right now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

never seen an outfit that reminded me more of my apartment. all honey wood, caramel leather, bronze wrought iron and flashes of really great colors in terms of vases, pictures and pillows!
i could put her picture on my bookshelf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Cool outfit. But she should have skippet the red bag, cause with the boots it's very ketshup and mustard..
I like the feeling of that she just put on her bright yellow boots, and do not look desperat. If she had had a "cool" haircut , she would have a very desperate look like; "I try to look very innovative and cool". But this is perfct. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

she can really wear the coluors

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

I think the boots are hard to wear in that color but I have to admit she is brave and not everyone can carry it off so confidently.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:39 AM) : 

does anyone kow the designer of that cape/coat? I've become quite in love with it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

i do like the colors, but let's be honest, it sort of screams, "quack, quack!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

absolutely wonderful. she stands out in all the right ways.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

ahhhhhhhh . . .something about her outfit just screams - turn it off! the yellow boots have to go.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

I don't understand why some people say black and brown don't go together. I think they look so strong together.

About the yellow boots, maybe if they were a mustard colour, which is in right now, it wouldn't have looked so "in your face". However, because they are that bright yellow it's putting people off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 AM) : 

I think that the boots are a really good choice they do drag you away from the outfit but it all goes so well, I think it was a good choice and she pulled it of well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

nice boots, I like it!

 

Blogger sarah skelton said ... (9:26 PM) : 

this outfit makes me seriously happy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 PM) : 

THE BOOTS!!!
YES!!!
could be balanced better ... the proportions and hair.... but still

the boots..... amazing

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting