This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Saks Fifth Avenue Event with Michael Bastian

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, October 23, 2006

Saks Fifth Avenue Event with Michael Bastian



Thanks to everyone who braved the rain and came out to Saks for the Michael Bastian event.
It has been really wonderful to meet so many of my readers and have an opportunity to conduct these events with Saks.
The setting was very intimate and I think Michael really opened up about the excitement and challenges of being a young designer.

I thought it was interesting when Michael discussed how a designer can have an inspiration, sketch it, build a collection around it and after working it for a while eventually realizing it isn't right and then have to start over. I think that takes a lot of courage to start over ,especially on a tight time schedule, but that is the kind of thing that helps designers succeed.

Comments on "Saks Fifth Avenue Event with Michael Bastian"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

The scarf in the middle looks fantastic!

 

Blogger jj said ... (12:20 PM) : 

The young man with the striped scarf is simply heart-meltingly adorable.

 

Blogger Claris said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I think these guys knew you were coming and wore scarves just for you. Nice photos.

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (3:29 PM) : 

I'll bet they did wear their scarves for you! The guy in the tweed and jeans, on the right, is that a fur scarf!? He looks fabulous! (The guy on the left is not too shabby either.) And they also look great together. I want to know what was in their shopping bags.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

The one in the striped scarf is a cutie!

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (5:30 PM) : 

I love the smiles on the faces of all these men. Actually, they make me smile, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Please please please tell me you have more pictures of this. There were so many more oustanding Sarts out that night.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (7:17 PM) : 

I love theguy with the scarf...Reminded me of the scarfs the blonde guy in The Devil Wears Prada was wearing but much sportier...byt the way, I asked my gf JAckie what she thought about the scarf on men and she replied " too Oxford - not for me". SO is it really too Oxford?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

very handsome boys. love the harry potter scarf and the young handsome man in the great suit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 PM) : 

I don't know about Oxford, sandman, but that first scarf is looking rather Hogwarts to me. Gryffindor, I think?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

Oh, yes. I, too, am having a "heart-meltingly-adorable-we-must-meet!!" moment with the handsome lad in the scarf. =]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

I love all of the man-scarves!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

The great thing about design is how you can incorporate a dead end into your work. It winds up helping to clarify where you want to go, your new destination being some place you couldn't get to if you hadn't failed and restarted. It's just difficult to learn to honor and love the stillborns all the same.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I love the paisley(?) tie in the third pic. Wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Oh my.. gorgeous guys.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

What's Harry Potter doing at Saks?

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Blowharder, that's the point my girlfriend was making..too collegy style, preppy etc... Hogwarts is after all a college for magicians eh? LOL

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

the guy in the gryffindor scarf is HOTT

-Jen

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

the guy in the 2nd pic... oh my gosh... he's gorgeous...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

I agree with all of you, I just fell in love with that guy in the 2nd photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

loved the guy in the last photo and the cut of suit, hottt!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting