This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Prada show

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Prada show

I just got back to the hotel after the Prada show - Well I can't wait to hear what you think
I'm not saying anything but i think once the photos are up it will make for very interesting conversation.

I can't decide if I think the feelings will be split or pretty much all one way.

I got great shots today at Marni, Moschino and Prada - if you get a chance say hi over at Style.com -

I miss all my great audience over there - i know it is a pain to register but I'd love to hear what shots you guys are liking. It is funny that i have become so addicted to shooting and posting - sometimes even though I'm exhausted I cant wait to get back and start working on the shots because i know you guys will like them. .


I have had a lot of great moments since I have been here. The best was at Burberry last night. i was going to take a shot of Carine Roitfeld but i was having problems focusing in such lowlight. She was losing patience but I could hear Fabien Baron whisper to her that I take good pictures - that really really made my day.

Comments on "Prada show"

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Can't wait to see your shots at Prada. Miucca's shows are always so controversial and thought provoking. She's a visionary in my opinion and some people may disagree but you can't please everybody. Hurry and don't sleep til all your shots are posted! Kidding.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I love your blog -- both your posts and the comments from your "regulars." I have a suggestion -- why not add links to Style.com and men.style.com to your blog when you post new pictures and invite your regulars to continue to leave comments about those images on your blog. Strangely enough, it feels much more intimate to participate in these conversations on your blog; commenting on style.com seems so much more public. Even though you may attract the same audience in both spots, a discussion here about (say) the length of someone's shirt sleeves has an academic feel, while the same discussion in a "public," commercial forum tends to feel more like a personal attack on the photo's subject. Or maybe it's the feeling that the attention to detail that is so captivating and informative here can seem a bit obsessive in the public forum. Given the size of your audience here, the difference may be illusory, but for me, at least, it is significant. Anyway, just a thought. I love seeing the pictures wherever they're posted -- it is just the character of the commenter's discussions that seems to be affected.

Congrats on the GQ page, by the way -- it's fantastic.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Scott, the addiction is mutual--to speak personally, a monkey, albeit a chic one, on my back.

But wouldn't have it any other way...

 

Blogger thecoherent said ... (4:46 PM) : 

you should take a photo of carine every day...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Wow! A much-deserved compliment from a top photographer. Lucky for you in that situation

 

Blogger blackbird said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Bravo!

...going over to look at Prada.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 PM) : 

awwww, i'm verklempt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

I just saw the pics from the show and i'm not liking anything at all. The headwraps dont really click with the collection BUT I think the colors were absolutely beautiful. Reminded me of a previous collection from a couple of years ago. '03 I htink?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

Could you please add the links to both style.com sites you blog for to your sidebar? That would give you a lot more traffic there, and then maybe could easily click back here and comment if they don't want to register on the magazine's sites. Grazzi!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

carine roitfeld has never looked better than she did in your shot of her during fashion week in nyc. i agree with the comments about posting here vs. at style.com, there is something special about this blog -- a quietness, a civility -- that is difficult to find elsewhere. i always wander over there to get your take on the shows, but then head on back to base camp share my thoughts and see what others have to say.

 

Blogger Jason Hahn said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Can't wait to hear more. By the way, congratulations on your GQ debut. The issue finally made its way to sunny Singapore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Oh, I want to look at the Moschino shots...

 

Blogger Imagemuse said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Love the Prada (as usual), Vibrant satin, crazy prints, bow necklines & short short short - its all about legs.

 

Blogger Julia said ... (8:36 PM) : 

Oh I love that Carine/Fabien anecdote - you rock!

Adore the photo of Mario Testino, the way the lookbook is held up at Kate is genius.

Can't wait to see Prada and Marni.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (8:44 PM) : 

Aah, this type of insights is the reason I'm a Sartorialist devotee.

Thanks for sharing!

The light on your images is great in deed!!

 

Blogger Nia said ... (9:44 PM) : 

Fabien Baron is right.

Sorry I haven't registered to comment at Style.com, but you can be sure I love every shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 PM) : 

Just wanted to tell everyone that is VERY EASY to register on style.com.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

Gosh Sart, I feel the same way about taking the time to check out your blog each day. Even when it's late and I'm tired I always have energy to log on before bedtime to check out the new posts. Keep up the great work and thanks for being the thinking-fashion-person's resource.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:24 AM) : 

fabien baron is a genius and an inspiration, much like yourself, dear sart! i love your shots of the fashion crowd, and i look forward to seeing your latest street finds abroad and at home. you inspire me to always try to look my best ( and hope that i'll see you on the street and want to take my photo. what an honor!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 AM) : 

i agree with the other commenters. there's something more intimate about here - you've really managed to cultivate a community. also, i have to remember to log in at style.com... and it shows my username, in which i inadvertently mistakenly included my name... anyway.

as far as the photos - they're lovely, what's new? ;-) i especially liked the ones from moschino. some of those were really just invigorating to see, like the woman in the plaid skirt, red stockings, brown alligator (?) belt - wow. and the picture you took at marni of the two women looking at each other, that would be a perfect advertisement for marni! it's so evocative of that marni aura.

congrats on the comment from fabien baron. as the brits would say - you must've been "chuffed" to hear him say that. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 AM) : 

aw thankyou so much for being so dedicated. i love your blog always will--

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 AM) : 

great story sart bout your day being made! yes, agree with everyone else that it feels much more personal over here, this blog has a very cosy feel to it and people often equate it with their morning coffees which adds to this vibe. we should try and recreate some of that magic over on style.com for sarts sake. it doesnt help that im blocked at work :-(

 

Blogger EM said ... (9:08 AM) : 

in my mind i just see polly mellen saying to prada, "you just made faaashion history dahling." i thought it was this great collection, kind of threw out everything every had been talking about out the window. it was totally about fashion and most importantly, fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

I've checked out the photos of the Prada show, and I'm not a fan of the collection. Even the models looked unhappy. Strange that they're all (?I think)white.

I did like the one skirt with the huge dark disc sequins all over it. But mostly it looks like they were aiming for ugly, and hit it with almost every outfit.

I do find M. Prada to be a very interesting woman still though.

 

Blogger comtedamour said ... (11:21 AM) : 

yes yes yes, some very nice and interesting pics this day. za vomen look lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

About the Prada show: maybe I just spent too much time in LA, but a lot of those short satin 'dresses' would be great - as shirts. Imagine look 2 with a crisp pair of white pallazzo pants, or look 23 with with a simple pair of slim dark jeans. Completely wearable.

Strangely, compared to all those long bare legs, a lot of the actually wearable things looked dowdy and a bit, well, wide (and not fluid-wide, like all those short tent dresses in New York). But there is plenty there for real, adult women to wear (9, 31, etc. etc.).

And, if you are wondering, I'm a new-ish reader in Portland, and I love your site.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

I thought the Prada show was pretty damn good. Miucca knows what she is doing and totally goes against the grain! I look forward to seeing alot of these in Topshop!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 AM) : 

t wasn't her best show and you know it and she knows it, but such is the power of Miuccia that even when she’s not at her best women will still want the look.

I prefer to think that she’s taking a brake till fall, and I can't wait.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 AM) : 

are you still be featured on style.com? i can't find a link to you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 AM) : 

hmm. i wasn't into the prada show. satin for summer? and the colors were very fall, and the cut of the clothes seemed awkward. but marni, oh marni.... i LOVED the sportswear sensibility, and the belt on everything... marni was really perfection. the first show this season that i felt did something different, exciting, and right for now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

I don't want to give style.com all my personal information so I'm commenting over here...

I adore the photo at Dell'Acqua of the girl in the blue-and-white print wrap dress. I confess I get a little bored with all the gray and black that so popular now, so it's a nice change. It's quite a look-at-me print, not for the shy, and your photo captures her looking completely comfortable in the dress and with the attention she's getting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I loved the Prada show. Admittedly it's against the trends, but I love how its so bold compared to all the other very beige, neutral trend thats happening.

ANd thanks for keeping up the good work. You have no idea how comforting and how good a read this is after a long day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I was dissapointed with both Prada and Marni collections. I prefer their fall collections MUCH MUCH more. I'm not bothered by the fall colours at Prada, it's the shapes that I just couldn't digest. I think this is the first time i would actually say 'ewww' when I'm looking at Prada shows.Hopefully Miuccia Prada do something completely different at Miu Miu. As for Marni, perhaps their fall collection is brilliant, it makes the spring collection looks bad.I don't like the sports touch on some of the outfits but luckily there are some 'okay' ones after that like the white shirt with splashes of red paint on it, the sunglasses are not bad either.I would rather spend more pieces in both Prada's and Marni's fall collections and wear it through spring. Now I'm counting on Miu Miu, Lanvin, YSL, Alexander McQueen, Chanel and other Parisian shows to surprise me...in a good way of course!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Prada show: Joan Crawford forgets to put on pants one day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 PM) : 

I actually reather liked the Prada show, with a few exception. I loved her use of color; very unexpected and I particularly liked the use of the head scarves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 AM) : 

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SHOOT CARINE WHENEVER YOU SEE HER! SHE IS AMAZING!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Fabien is super nice and what a complement from him! My father use to do photographs for Interview in the 1990s when he was creative director. Very talented.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting