This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street... Just Right

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

On The Street... Just Right

Her look was a mix of blue and black which some people think is taboo
It works for me

Comments on "On The Street... Just Right"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

My mother always said that mixing blue and black is very French. You see the colors combined in some of Marc Jacobs recent prints.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

I love dark blue with black!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

I like the outfit, but the shoes seem out of place. I think it is the color of them.

 

Blogger Alison Santighian said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Both my mother-in-law and my sis get on my case regularly about the blue-black mix. I think it's subtle and classy, like in this pic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

pure class..and sexy with it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Black and blue, taboo? Antiquated thinking... I'd like her pants to be longer but other than that, she looks wonderful.

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (11:07 AM) : 

I can't be a taboo.

 

Blogger Nic said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Can you tell us which is black and which is blue? It's hard to tell from the photo. Love the trench.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

I personally love navy and black together, and I seem to recall Helmut Lang doing a collection with a lot of it. Silver and beige is another supposed taboo, but I think almost any color combo will work with the proper outfit and judicious mixing.

 

Blogger moosj said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I like the way the color of her shoes balances her hair color. Sandals with trench is definitely a between-the-seasons contingency.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

For me, the shoes kill the outfit. Something about the combination of the pants and the shoes and the gold... they just don't belong in this outfit.

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (3:22 PM) : 

hmmm, i can't really see the blue and black difference, but i think her shoes make the outfit! they totally pull out the gold in her bag! great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

balck and blue...it was Miss Chanel's favorite mix of colors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 PM) : 

I always wear blue and black. Fashion rules are dumb...it only depends on whether or not the clothes look good...and here, it looks wonderful!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:15 PM) : 

Softly sophisticated, and somehow the gold touches and depth to the whole look. Makes me want to try this look out!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

I spent the 80s wearing blue and black because I read in some fashion mag that the combination of blue and black made men think of sex!

I still have an Agnes B Mao jacket with a blue and black print that I must have bought in the late 80s.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

I prefer black with navy than say... black with brown.

Very elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 AM) : 

The "bruised look" was huge last Autumn. Stefanie Greenfield co-owner/buyer of SCOOP NYC had tons of blacks and blues on the racks of both men's and women's.

Though it may have been big last year, the look has always been timeless.

 

Blogger marie said ... (12:28 AM) : 

It looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 AM) : 

The heels are too high for such a pant length.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 AM) : 

the shoes colour goes with the hair and the skin. I love that.
i give a high score to the outfit and the attitude, also an applause to the photographer.
I don't clearly undestand what comes aout from the pants. Is that a double layer?
Ciao da Roma
Micol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:23 AM) : 

I just love the shoes! They give her a spring walk and don't make her look too heavy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 AM) : 

totally love blue and black together. it looks very fresh and new. and i love the pant length! the slightly exposed/covered ankle is very sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I love mixing blue and black. I'm also a fan of the other "taboo" mix of brown and black. If done right it can be so classy. And as mentioned above very Chanel!

 

Blogger Carla de La lá said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Oh... how sweet!

 

Blogger Adrian said ... (1:58 PM) : 

^ someone said the heels are too high?

Did I hear that correctly? There is no such thing. It's like too much style - it's never too much!

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (6:04 PM) : 

No, I like the length of the pants with the shoes. In fact I wonder what kind of pants those are, did she cut them that way or what? Its different to what everyone is doing with the skinny ankle clinging pants that are everywhere

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

Wow,
Class, grace and style.
Beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 PM) : 

I love this look (her height helps pull off the long trench). I can't really see the blue/black from the photo, but I don't see why it wouldn't work anyway.

Sophisticated, sleek, fresh, modern, elegant. Like someone already said, I want the pants longer. The shoes get away with it, but maybe a nicer shade (darker?!) would've been better - like with more copper in it.

 

Blogger Jonathon Morgan said ... (11:53 PM) : 

the coat with those shoes looks really works!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

I think the issue with the shoes is compounded by the weird layering of cropped, wide-legged trousers over bulky leggings. No shoe exists that completes that look. I also can't distinguish the black from the navy- appears all black to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

The worst part about mixing blue and black is hoping people know it was on purpose (and did not confuse the blue for black). I am not in love with the shoes with the outfit, but she is stunning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Love the combo except I wouldn't be able to wear it in Barcelona.
(Dictator)Franco troops use to wear Navy/Black uniforms. Got politically labeled when I wore it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 AM) : 

She looks a kind of sexy but I don't like the trousers and the bag...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

blue and black is taboo?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

She looks hot!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting