This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street...Broadway, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

On The Street...Broadway, Soho

The hat, the bag, the shoes - the accessories are all so quirky that I don't know if it all works together but you can't help but notice it. Again, it is one of those looks that don't quite "work" in the traditional sense but that get you thinking about how you would do it - that is called inspiration.

Comments on "On The Street...Broadway, Soho"

 

Blogger Teri said ... (6:10 PM) : 

I like the bag and mini skirt...the hat & the sunglasses are Ok for me...but I'm not sure about the shoes...I think the shoes make her look a little bit weird...

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Love the shoes with that skirt and that top!!
I would totally leave the cap at home...The shoulder bag ads enough color.
I just don't seem to see caps as an acceptable accessory.
-caps are in the same level of flip flops: too casual-
I like it the look...perhaps summer school appeal?

 

Blogger Jonathon Morgan said ... (6:18 PM) : 

You have a great eye! I totally would've passed this one up. I love the casual shirt/dress with the loud bag.

You're right, it doesn't quite work -- maybe if the shoes were a little dressier/louder/funkier? Might pull the whole thing together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 PM) : 

I think it works -- all of it from head to toe. She looks fun and comfortable in what she's wearing, comfortable in her skin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

The look is very summer- comfortable. One question- is it Lindsay Lohan?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

Is that bag Marc by Marc Jacobs?

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (6:52 PM) : 

without the hat and shoes...the outfit would be great. i love the bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

she looks very smart. i've seen a look quite similar suggested in some magazine quite recently: particularly the shoes worn like so. anyway, i do think it works very well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM) : 

everything except the hat. i actually like the idea of a hat, just not this one. the shoes work on her because she's so slim. she's very cute and cool and i'd kill for that bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 PM) : 

just to verify, yes, the bag is marc by marc, spring 2006

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 PM) : 

I don't know about you guys, but i think without the shoes, the whole outfit wouldn't work. Love the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 PM) : 

The peds kill the look for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 AM) : 

hi, I wanted to say a huge thank you for your blog. I read it daily and it reminds me of an excellent, creative art history class. It truely opens your eyes. Yes, you look at the picture, trying to "crack" it yourself. But the picture truely starts "talking" to you once you read the post.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 AM) : 

No I wouldn't change a thing, she is adorable!

 

Blogger VertigoVirgo said ... (12:50 AM) : 

I just can't wrap my head around this one. I'm sorry but it kind of looks...it looks like she got up and threw something on on her way out of the door. I'd have to pass...with no apologies.

 

Blogger Marvelous said ... (3:37 AM) : 

OMGoodness.. so reminds me of "sex and the city" I'd always want to dress up as one of them but thought, "where I live, everyone is a critic and if they don't like it, you're looked down on." I wish my town was like NYC!

Keep those pix coming!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Ballet flats with the ensemble would have been wonderful, I think.

 

Blogger Elessa said ... (6:10 AM) : 

meravigliosa la borsa..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 AM) : 

she is weird and cool and confortable, isn't this a sign of style?

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (8:14 AM) : 

She's a good friend of mine and a stylist....you can see her work in the Anthropologie catalog. Her own style is very quirky and it totally works for her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

yes, that bag is marc by marc jacobs. i'm pretty sure that print is from this summer

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I love the whole thing. The shoes are hilarious and somehow inoffensive. A weird mix that I think only she could pull off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Actually, I'm kind of tired of looking at outfits like these with flip-flops. The shoes are different. Probably she looks so happy and relaxed because her feet don't hurt!

I like the hat and the bag together. I probably would have gone with blue shoes (keds or converse maybe), but I'm very traditional.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Long over short is a great look on a woman.

 

Blogger jj said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Honestly, it would work for me 100% if it weren't for the shoes. An understated sandal or a funky athletic shoe would be better. But hey, she was probably just off running errands in her comfy shoes, and who can fault a girl for that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Love her sense of color and pattern. Love that she is wearing that madras floppy hat and print Marc bag. The finishing touch is the lace up brogue shoe. It's unexpected and quirky. She is is casual yet pulled together. Not a lot of people have the confidence to wear hats but she obviously does. Bravo to her and bravo to you for capturing her image. We need more girls like her walking around town to "inspire" people to do the mix.

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Cute! And a little crazy. She looks like Diane Keaton might if she were 35 years younger, and a lot less UV-phobic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

I´m preety sure she is Marisa Tomei

 

Blogger Adrian said ... (8:18 PM) : 

The draping on that T is perfection. It would look amazing under a an 80's style blazer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 AM) : 

I can't believe so many people are critisizing the shoes! To me those are what make the outfit. Without them she would have looked like a dozen of other NYC girls. Sure they're a risky choice, but they work for her, in my opinion.
Go Sartorialist! Keep the amazing individuals coming!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

SHE LOOKS LIKE LINDSAY LOHAN!!
I love it!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting