This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Yes! The Skirts Of Spring , NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 27, 2006

On The Street......Yes! The Skirts Of Spring , NYC

This is a vintage skirt worn high on the waist with a wide leather belt - she looked so great

Comments on "On The Street......Yes! The Skirts Of Spring , NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

Love the belt, hate the leggings. I could tolerate them during the cold winter months, but when the weather gets nice, I do not want to see another pair of leggings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 PM) : 

I'm deffinately into vintage. So what can I say...I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

great skirt. but those dots are everywhere.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

it's a fabulous outfit. and anyone who hates leggings or is confused about proper usage should take a look at my blog, there is a leggings tutorial .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

I wore this exact outfit today, except the leggings were to my ankle. Wows I wore something Sartorialist worthy.. I feel proud.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

I think it's a fabulous outfit, anyone who is confused about leggings should see my blog, there is a leggings tutorial.

 

Blogger Fashion Critic said ... (4:32 PM) : 

please, not the f-ing leggings...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Yes, leggings are quickly becoming my new UGG boots - CMON!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

Yeah, she's definatly got bags of style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

When I see this, I think, she must be from LA.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:54 PM) : 

if you are focusing on the leggings that you are missing how great the skirt is.

 

Blogger Arabesque said ... (7:08 PM) : 

Are you a fashion photographer? i'm totally confused, but needless to say the outfit is sexy and stylish. nice one =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

this is something an LA 16-year-old would wear. the skirt is wonderful, and much can be done to highlight it's loveliness, but it's worn particularly well here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

This looks like Nicole Ritchie with 20 well needed pounds on her.
A typical Us magazine starlet look.
Boring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 PM) : 

I must say I really don't get it.
It looks like a leotard with a skirt over it.
I would like it better without the leggings.

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (2:25 AM) : 

Great combination. The leggings are okay. Cool. But I miss a bit of colour.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Sure, the skirt is great...but the leggings distract. I'm willing to be educated though...(heading over to kitchenette's blog)

 

Blogger Loulou said ... (4:06 PM) : 

i think she is wearing one of thos eamerican apparel styl eunitards underneath---liek the idea of it... clean/minimalist appproach to undergarments.... however i see this as a going to get an iced mocha with roomie down the street outift, not an "i am going out ANYWHERE" type of outfit.

i think the leggings thing is dead--- don't want to blen in with the teeny-boppers. would have been lovelier without it adn maybe some adorable patent leather ferragamo style loafers or some other adorable flat/sandal... if oign fo rthe hosiery she should have been full out dressy think early 90s. just my thoughts

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Everything BUT the leggings. I wish I could strangle whoever gave leggins a comeback. They are attractive on no one no matter how many tutorials come about.

But I can see what makes the skirt so darling. If only should would have left the god awful leggings at home.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 AM) : 

If you dont like leggings DONT WEAR THEM plain and simple. Obviously other people like them- dont make it your problem, the skirt makes the outfit. The American Apparel unitard is ankle-length. Spellcheck much?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

Argh, my twin had this EXACT same skirt when we were 6; I didn't like it then and I don't like it now! However, must say, she is rocking what she's doing here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

hate the damn thick belt and the thigh length leggings. every woman in singapore on the street is sporting that look. loathe it when women take in fashion ideas wholesale.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:21 PM) : 

I have to agree with most of the other commenters. Leggings are for the winter, not the summer. Wear skirts with pride and show off your legs! It's warm enough.

 

Anonymous Leather Blazer online said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Sure, the skirt is great...but the leggings distract.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting