This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street........57th & 5th, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, April 28, 2006

On The Street........57th & 5th, NYC


When I go out shooting I never really know where I will end up, that is part of the fun.

Because of that I don't "dress-up", I think I look stylish but I might walk seven miles, in all kinds of weather, in all kinds of neighborhoods so blending in is more my game plan.

So I see this guy, ask to take his photo, he agrees, I shoot, we talk briefly, he walks away - then he comes back, shakes a finger at me and says "You should dress better.", then walks away again

Comments on "On The Street........57th & 5th, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

:)

Mind to show us all how 'The Sartorialist' actually dress?

 

Blogger Solomon Animashaun said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Your pictures always seem to tell a story about each individual.....very good!

 

Blogger Cindy said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Doesn't your dress down emphasize their dress up? Sigh. My mom shook her finger at me for that very thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

This picture made me think of my great uncle, who always wore a hat (because a gentleman should wear a hat, he would say). He was born in Madrid, and your blog often makes me think of him.

Thank you for you lovely photographs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

wow, lapels on his vest, nice touch.

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Well tailored suit and look at the shoes! Style goes never out of fashion.

One of the best pictures ever seen on The Sartorialist. I am lookimg forward to seeing other stylish SENIORS.

Evviva i nonni e le nonne!

Greating from Milan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Great mood! Graet picture!
Very Fernando Pessoa!
Kiss from Portugal

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Great mood!
Great style!
Fernando Pessoa look...
Greating from Portugal

 

Blogger elena said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Todo un caballero, sí señor.

 

Blogger Deborah Eley De Bono said ... (4:52 PM) : 

Do men in NYC wear hats? I think that is such a great look, and I love this site. It's so upbeat and positive.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Yes, men in hats are fetching!

 

Blogger Oh, Miss! said ... (11:50 PM) : 

oh funny how he shook his finger at you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 AM) : 

pickypickypicky department:

some shirt cuff would be nice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 AM) : 

I am curious to see what 'The Sartorialist' actually wears on a day to day basis as well. Your next post, should be a self portrait

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (7:11 AM) : 

OMG he is so cool! love the look - reminds me of my grandfather!

 

Blogger The G Manifesto said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Its hard to have better style than this guy at that age.

 

Blogger o s a k a said ... (4:57 AM) : 

we perfectly understand you...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

My grandfather wore a hat every day and I think it's a shame more men don't. Am I the only one who is reminded of Bogie?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Oh, I loved it, 'you should dress better'. The look matched him perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

I think we need more pictures of you.

* My father was a farmer. Almost every year when he told cattle - the big paycheck of the year - he would buy a suit and tie and shirt and shoes and fedora.... for church. I wish there were more photos of him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 AM) : 

drinking wine and preaching water!...busted!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting